[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/, I'm not much into Marvel or DC comics, mostly here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1311116429225.gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1311116429225.gif
3MB, 400x300px
/co/, I'm not much into Marvel or DC comics, mostly here for the cartoons, and the Star Wars comics.

The one series I am interested in getting into is X-men tho.

What would be the best way to get into it? start with the old shit, something newer, is there a chart that might help?
>>
>>94887278
Read the Great X-men Storytime
>>
>>94887278
The '90s X-Men cartoon was surprisingly accurate to the comics for the most part.
>>
>>94887294

is that archived or is the storytime going on right now?

>>94887315
I know that, I'm trying to get into the actual comic books
>>
>>94887278
RUN WHILE YOU CAN
>>
1.Giant-Size X-Men
2. Claremont's run
>>
>>94887333
>>94887339
What
>>
>>94887329
>is that archived or is the storytime going on right now?
Both, but the images of the earlier parts have already expired so I recommend reading from this Mega and then joining the storytime when you catch up.
https://mega.nz/#F!5kJFCBjJ!TG-NaDE3TdmkZ_uVOkD3eg

Alternatively, you can just read the most popular runs (Claremont, Morrison, Whedon) and branch out from there.
>>
>>94887384

ok, obviously I know some shit since I loved the 90s cartoon and find the live action movies ok, but I'm just looking for what I should do if I absolutely knew jack shit about the xmen
>>
>>94887278
>The one series I am interested in getting into is X-men tho.
Go in understanding you are going to be stabbing yourself once you get into the 2000's.
>>
>>94887384
>Alternatively, you can just read the most popular runs (Claremont, Morrison, Whedon) and branch out from there.

This will give you a solid foundation. Whedon's run wasn't important but there was a lot of character change and growth. Everything in 2000's was fun. After Claremont branch into x-factor, new mutants and x-force.
>claremount
>new mutants
>x-factor and x-forces
>adventure of cyclops and Phoenix
>futher adventure of cyclops and Phoenix
>Apocalypse the Twelve
>search for cyclops (prep for Morrison)
>everything in the 2000's
>approach AvX with caution.
>kill yourselfe before you read Bendis and beyond.
>>
>>94887446
Well, following the storytime is an okay idea since we've been reading from their debut all the way to '88 so far. If you want a good starting point I recommend Vol. 2 since that's when Claremont's run started, and that's the run that made the X-Men popular in the first place. From then on you can choose if you want to stick exclusively to Uncanny or want to branch out to the many, many spin-offs the main series had, like New Mutants and X-Factor.
>>
File: 1376186738764.png (14KB, 399x391px) Image search: [Google]
1376186738764.png
14KB, 399x391px
>>94887541
>you are going to be stabbing yourself once you get into the 2000's.
>>94887616
>Everything in 2000's was fun.
>>
>>94887278
start with Claremont (giant size X-men 1 then Uncanny 94) and read till you are sick of the X-men
>>
File: modern_x-men_rec.png (1007KB, 7211x1035px) Image search: [Google]
modern_x-men_rec.png
1007KB, 7211x1035px
>>94887646
2000s has a lot of good writers writing a lot of good serieses in parallel in my oppinion.
And outside of Austen there isn't even really stuff that's utterly terrible. Pretty much the entirety of the line up until Schism is perfectly readable although some stuff is obviously better than others.
The franchise became worse after Schism, even worse after AvX and about two years after that the last good X-related comic was dead.
Only this year they've started to launch more serieses again with some limited improvements in quality.

This is my view on things. There are others that apparently hated everything after House of M because the franchise became too dark for their liking. So really, there's two types of X-Men readers right now. One that thinks the X-Men went to shit in the mid-2000s and one that thinks it went to shit in the early 2010s
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.