[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>So, anon, how's your dream of working in comics/cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 21

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1280x1920px
>So, anon, how's your dream of working in comics/cartoons going?
>>
About the same as all my other dreams, no where.
>>
The time tested tradition of screaming JUST sums it up nicely.
>>
I do IT work foran animation studio, I fix their software when it breaks.

Jk, I reset peoples' apple passwords all day.
>>
Eh, kinda gave up after getting the degree.
>>
I don't fucking have dreams anymore.
>>
We were having a little career day in (I think) middle school, and one of the people that came in was an illustrator. Someone asked how she got good enough to make a career out of art, and she said "a lot of hard work and dedication." I sat there in the audience thinking "well, there goes that dream." I have always been lazy and had few expectations of myself
>>
So-so. First couple of professional gigs were non-pay. Which sucked but got the attention from a couple of editors who liked my work. Did a OGN with a small label and sold the rights to a small production company. The money has been nice and has allowed me to focus on comics. Been working on a new OGN and should be starting in a week - still need to rough out the pages. So far it's been a lot of hard work and coffee, but well worth it.
>>
>>94885435
Oh well, I've had to scale down my dream, right now it consists of finding a job, any fucking job.
>>
My desire to succeed is only exceeded by my lack of talent. I'm going on 30 and can't do shit.

Thanks for depressing me, milkshake girl.
>>
>>94885541
yeah, dreams are for losers.
>>
About as well as your coding dreams Karlie
>>
>>94885597
>hard work

what the fuck does this even mean? what is so hard about drawing comics? you know what's hard? building the pyramids.
>>
>>94885435
who are you
how do you know me
>>
>>94885435
I've realized fairly early on that actually creating animation involves a lot of bullshit that's just simply not my cup of tea.

First you have to write the fucking thing. It has to align with sociopolitical issues or broadcasting companies won't air it. Have to make the characters unique even though there's nothing new under the sun; so simply fulfilling my own fetishes won't suffice. You need to get a degree which is a lot of money and time, and even if you have the best connections no one will consider your work at all. Then you need to get through the hurdles of inner company bullshit and meddling. If you can lock yourself in, you have to make sure to come up with good ideas that keeps your shit afloat and pleases the big guys upstairs too. You can't just write whatever you want. Or you can, but you'll end up like John K. The animation process itself is funnily the easiest part, since the bulk of it is done by koreans who probably get only half of the wages. And if you're really good and keep it going, sooner or later you'll have to choose between integrity and completely selling out. Which also involves going to cons and dealing with fans, which I fucking loathe. Fanwankery is also a potential hurdle that can plummet you back down to square 1. And you could be dumped in the fucking trash at any given moment by your broadcaster because they just get bored of you.

In short, I'd rather just write my OC fanfiction for myself and daydream about it at bes, than deal with all of this, thank you kindly.
>>
>>94885854
Change a few terms here and there and you just described pretty much every professional job ever
>>
File: 1299570982046.jpg (39KB, 392x293px) Image search: [Google]
1299570982046.jpg
39KB, 392x293px
>>94885435
I either edit other people's comics or work on my own in my spare time, so I've got about 3 comics published that I've had a hand in.

But I also co-host a podcast on a specific comic niche that has a wonderful listener fanbase and plenty of professional guests. I'm having a good time with that. We had Fred Van Lente on recently, and further back, we had Greg Rucka, Steve Grant, and others on. The podcast has also allowed me to go onto virtually every Netflix/Marvel show as an extra. I understand it's all short term reward, so I'm transitioning to putting more of my own time into my own creative works again.

I don't think I've "made it," but I'm having fun and shit still feels good, man.

>>94885597
Hey man, good job!
>>
>>94885854
What if you want to do original characters and no write fanfic?
>>
>>94885435
Karlie's such a qt.
>>
>>94885435
Here, I bought you some Skittles.
>>
>>94885644
She's unironically probably the most famous coder in the world right now. How many teenagers even know Carmack anymore?
>>
File: image.jpg (809KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
809KB, 2000x2000px
>>94886083
What does she need Skittles for?
>>
>>94886156
Females reward Skittles with sex.
>>
>>94886240
Females reward good looks with sex.
>>
File: image.png (441KB, 489x769px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
441KB, 489x769px
>>94886240
why didn't anyone tell me this earlier
>>
>>94886297
But my mommy says I'm handsome and no one has rewarded me with sex
>>
>>94886316
You have to have good looks AND Skittles. Didn't you read those comics with Dirk the other day?
>>
>>94886316
I was joking moron, girls hate sex period.
>>
>>94885914
Thanks. It really surreal sometimes knowing that I'm doing what I wanted to do when I was a kid, then end up doing it. The other thing that makes me smile is meeting and talking to writers and artists that I admire on a peer-to-peer level regardless of success or not. That gives me a lot of positive energy.
>>
>>94885685
I heard aliens built the pyramids. Seems pretty easy if they're using spaceships and gravity rays.
>>
>>94885435
Pretty terrible, actually.

I get into massive bouts of depression whenever I even think about the nightmare situation of my college friends contacting me to catch up. They're all doing this and that with their art, and I'm making $10/hr at a nowhere job my mom got me via her work contacts then coming home and doing nothing. Then I think about how ambitious my dream project is and how I'll never do it, and I spiral farther down. Then I think about how I missed every personally-placed deadline for my work this year, and we're 3/4 of the way done with 2017, and I go a bit deeper into despair. Then I think about how I'm already in my 30s and haven't left home aside from when I was in college and I realize that I am so shitty at keeping myself on target that there's no possible way for my art to fund an independent and self-sufficient lifestyle, and that the only way I can advance is to abandon all of my dreams and just get a true normie job that consumes all of my time, and I am basically too far down the hole to care about anything else.
>>
>>94886457
LOL @ your problems
>>
File: 3108.jpg (274KB, 1008x489px) Image search: [Google]
3108.jpg
274KB, 1008x489px
I got as far as reading a book and thinking about it, then gave up when I realized I get bored of drawing practice too easily.
>>
I'm writing a script and my cousin is going to paint it
>>
>>94886457
Start small. Build from there. It's not a race, plan out A schedule that works with your regular day to day and in no time you will have realized that dream project.

I know that sounds corny, but trust me it works.
>>
>>94886349
>>94886316
>>94886297
>tfw fashion model and virgin
what do I do
I'm romantically and sexually and flirtingly retarded. I have absolutely no idea how to do any of those things or how to spot if someone's doing it to me. Talking to women isn't a problem at all but I have no idea how sex or relationships tie into anything. The only girl I've kissed actually kissed me. This was when I was 13 (she was 17).

I'm getting semi-desperate. I have close friends and have no problems talking to new people and makimg new friends, but it's always non-sexual. I might have too high standards myself (I'm not interested in any of my female friends). Also, my emotional development might be stunted since I didn't realize sex was a thing you could go out and do until I was 20; before that I was like a child who thought "oh that's what grown ups do" without realizing I was an adult myself.

Some of my friends seem to think I'm a huge man-whore and I don't know what to make of it.

There's videos of me on youtube and pics of me on IG with girls commenting stuff about how they like how I look or even things like "I need this guy in my life!", but IRL there's nothing. I'm unironically considering contacting girls who post that stuff.
>>
I've literally done everything except actually start my comic. I even have a friend who has a fairly successful webcomic who is willing to push my comic once it gets going a bit.

I am literally the only thing holding me back at this point and I hate myself for it. I just need to start.
>>
>>94885435
It's such fucking bullshit seeing all these fucking Americans ITT (and on here in general) not realizing just how good they have it.

As a Canadian I have basically no chance of any remotely fulfilling work, which is all south of the border - and immigration is all but impossible unless you marry a US chick, lol.
>>
>>94885435
How goes your dream of marrying Robert Downey Jr?
>>
>>94886532
Best thing to do is hunt down some Calvin and Hobbs strips and a sober as much of them as possible. Bill Watterson put on a writing and art clinic that is still has not been bested by anyone.
>>
>>94886577
Go out, get drunk, it'll sort itself out
>>
>>94886588
Canada has some great animation studios. If comics is your thing- most comic artists work remotely from home.
>>
>>94885854
Holy fucking shit I don't think I've ever seen anyone give this many pathetic excuses for not attempting to follow their dream.

>It has to align with sociopolitical issues
You gotta deal with standards and practices and maybe some company politics but unless you're dead set on pushing some really extreme stuff you'll be fine

>Have to make the characters unique even though there's nothing new under the sun
"nothing new under the sun" only means anything in super broad context. It's meaningless in practical terms unless you're bummed that you can't just let TV tropes do all the work for you.

>You need to get a degree
No you don't

>even if you have the best connections no one will consider your work at all
Wrong. The connections are way more important than the piece of paper

>Then you need to get through the hurdles of inner company bullshit and meddling
That's every job where you work in a company that has more employees than you can fit in a small classroom.

>If you can lock yourself in, you have to make sure to come up with good ideas that keeps your shit afloat and pleases the big guys upstairs too
Ideas are a lot less important than execution. Besides, if you make creativity your job, then you'll have so many ideas you'll never be able to do them all

>You can't just write whatever you want
Just about every job involves doing stuff according to other people's visions

>Or you can, but you'll end up like John K
John K's problems wasn't his ideas. It was his personality and his inability to meet deadlines

>And if you're really good and keep it going, sooner or later you'll have to choose between integrity and completely selling out. Which also involves going to cons and dealing with fans, which I fucking loathe.
>You haven't even sold a single script and you're worrying about the troubles of being famous. On that note, I've decided not to become a billionaire. Estate taxes are too complicated for me.
>>
>>94886616
This
>>
>>94886647
I agree with you on this. Anon is just making excuses.
>>
>>94885435
I'm working on scripts for when I pitch it
>>
>>94886629
>Canada has some great animation studios.
Canadian animation is universally shit, and with zero entry-level job openings (as government policy is rapidly withdrawing support from the TV industry).
>If comics is your thing- most comic artists work remotely from home.
No American company is going to hire a foreigner for that, they're not gonna take the risk of dealing with any stupid shit that arises.
>>
>>94886577
Go to bars with friends. If you're good looking you should have no problem just walking up to girls and starting conversations, even if that sounds like it should be weird to you. Ask a girl if you can buy her a drink, talk a bit, if you're getting along OK ask her to get lunch with you some time.

If a date goes well, ask if she'd like to come back to your place. If she says yes, that's basically the girl saying she wants to bang you.

Trust me, once you lose it, it immediately stops being scary and difficult.
>>
>>94886647
> attempting to follow their dream.
Well I already have a degree in psychology and I'm doing my masters, so I'm not really following the animation tangent.

>No you don't
List me a dozen modern (lets say... from the 90s onward) animators who don't have any qualifications.

>personality and his inability to meet deadlines
And how the fuck would I make myself safe from those?
>>
File: 1496151990528.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496151990528.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
Anyone who has been able to submit an idea how was the pitch and how did you know who to send it to?
I've been writing narratives for a while now and have no idea how to start throwing my work out there.
>>
>>94886719
>No American company is going to hire a foreigner for that
Say that to Lemire who still lives in Canada.
>>
>>94886810
Canada is basically just a US territory.
>>
Seriously though, how do I write for comic books? I'm getting a degree in writing and i'm confident in my networking to at least get me SOME kind of related job after college, but I can't be sure. How do publishers pick up new talent?
>>
>>94886826
Not sure senpai. I've always used Uni connections. One of the artists of Rebirth Batgirl came from my Uni. Dan Didio phoned her up.
>>
>>94886826
Send some writing samples to every editor. As many times as you can. Be persistent.
>>
>>94886826
First of all, produce some work. Self-publish if you have to. Then get in touch with small press publishers like ONI who are always looking for new talent.

The more stuff you get published, the more industry people you meet. The more industry people you meet, the more likely you are to get connected with a big publisher.

Big pubs like Marvel and DC look for people primarily who can get work out fast and reliably. So if you're constantly releasing new stuff, or if you have a webcomic with a rigid schedule, it makes you look good.
>>
>>94886904
>Self-publish if you have to.
From what I hear, self-publishing basically makes you a pariah among actual publishers unless you somehow manage to make shit tons of money.
>>
>>94886818
We can't even fucking work in the US, the actually different countries of the EU have that and we don't.
>>
>>94886783
>Well I already have a degree in psychology and I'm doing my masters, so I'm not really following the animation tangent.
Excuse me for assuming that someone responding to an OP asking about having a dream about working in cartoons/comics would have a dream about working in cartoons/comics

>List me a dozen modern (lets say... from the 90s onward) animators who don't have any qualifications.
You didn't say "qualifications," you said degree. I'm not gonna look up a bunch of animators' education but since you mentioned John K, I'll give you that for free. He went to Sheridan for a year, barely went to class and then dropped out.

>And how the fuck would I make myself safe from those?
The same way you would do so IN ANY OTHER JOB. Is not being an asshole and getting your work done on time really that tall of an order for you?
>>
>>94886719
Dude. A lot of mainstream comics are drawn by foreigners. Find a solution for your problems, like say....the internet.

I live in Souther California. I work with publishers in NY, Wash State, etc. and a few that are over sears in Europe. Don't make excuses. Put your portfolio together in .PDF format or make an instagram account/ blog/website and post all your work- from shitty to amazing. The more an editor can see your development or how you solve a problem is paramount in their decision on hiring talent.
>>
>>94886924
I've been working with European publishers for three years now. I have not had one problem.
>>
>>94887029
I did have to start somewhere. I email any and every editor I could before one gave me a test script to illustrate.
>>
>>94885435
working with my bro on a couple of projects

also decided to lemons into lemonade on something i was working on for a /co/ project that went nowhere
>>
>>94885435
Why would I want to work in comics/cartoons? Both are a dying industry. The fans are also assholes.
>>
>>94887106
This guy gets it.
>>
>>94885435
>20-something woman drinking a milkshake
Is this one of Marvel's editors?
>>
>>94887106
For the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment that comes with creation.
>>
>>94887132
Mockingbird cover model
>>
>>94887153
This guy gets it.
>>
>>94885435
My webcomic is launching before the years end. Gonna update by chapters not pages
>>
>>94885914
Did you ask Greg Rucka why he feels like he is a beautiful woman trapped in a balding overweight and ugly man's body?
>>
>>94885435
I keep writing scripts and submitting my portfolio to where they will accept it and fill out some fellowships. I feels its being productive which is a good thing.
>>
File: sucking dick.jpg (58KB, 450x540px) Image search: [Google]
sucking dick.jpg
58KB, 450x540px
>>94886577
Honestly you do seem like a manwhore if you are posting sexy pictures on the attentionwhore site such as IG.
>>
>>94885435
A day at the time. But I'm getting there.
>>
>>94887153
No one gets to fap to my OC but me.
>>
>>94887248
Be sure to mail/email the editors and assistant editors
>>
>>94887317
Ah a new addition to the realm. Thank you.
>>
>>94885435
On the backburner while I try and get my degree, but drawing is involved in that so it's not like it's out of my mind
>>
>>94885495
how'd you do it?
>>
File: pizza.jpg (11KB, 171x164px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
11KB, 171x164px
>>94886666

thank you quadruple satan
>>
Wondering if I could get a job as a flatter.
>>
>>94885914
I hope you will get a rectum cancer
>>
>>94885435
I make a webcomic for a living. Literally drawing whatever the hell I feel like every day. Feels good man.
>>
File: tumblr_oehj85MV5a1sunci5o1_540.jpg (155KB, 540x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oehj85MV5a1sunci5o1_540.jpg
155KB, 540x666px
I got book deals and illustration gigs going on, so pretty gud !
>>
>>94888948
post more
>>
>>94886959
no one who posts here will ever get into the industry no matter how hard they try
>>
>>94886111
Famous coder is like famous 'scientist' neither really do their job nor are particularly good at it
>>
>>94888778
What's it called?
>>
>>94886904
How did Gabby Rivera began writing for Marvel? When she never produced a work beforehand ( she did write a book or someshit)
>>
>>94890324
facebook/junibaart/

There's a few links to my pages there. I suggest artstation
>>
>>94890392
She was asked by Marvel because of her books.
>>
>>94885495
>I reset peoples' apple passwords all day.
And as someone who really need guys like you.
I'll will thank you deeply for doing it everyday
>>
Hey OP how is your dream of posting this on every board going?
>>
>>94890734
Huh, what made them think that was a good idea/
>>
>>94885854
>. Which also involves going to cons and dealing with fans, which I fucking loathe
you haven't even done a single line on paper and you are already complaining about the hordes of fans you might get?
Geez
>>
>>94887126
>>94887171
who's getting it now?
>>
File: BH6-Group1-1200x666.jpg (122KB, 1200x665px) Image search: [Google]
BH6-Group1-1200x666.jpg
122KB, 1200x665px
Great, have done clean up on a feature film and now I'm doing cleanup on Big Hero 6 The Series.
>>
>>94890808
I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>94886968
links to any good portfolios anon? I'm looking at putting a comics portfolio together and need some ideas on where to start.

Aiming to be a penciller on literally anything so long as it gets published, and eventually work on my own OGN which I'll probably self publish on the web until I have an audience and enough pages to show publishers and aim for a book.
>>
>>94885435
Thinking about killing myself every single day.
>>
>>94886532
Webcomics are piss easy to make, if you had half a brain you wouldn't need to read a scam self-help book like that. People who think webcomics are hard are beyond stupid.
>>
>>94890877
Why is 4chan so harsh wen it comes to the truth?
>>
File: 250px-BarneyFilm.png (54KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-BarneyFilm.png
54KB, 250x188px
>>94890833
Don't cry for me. I'm already dead.
>>
>>94890940
Truth hurts, but you gotta rip that Band-Aid off sometime.
>>
>tfw 2 years older than the age you swore you'd kill yourself by
>>
>>94885914
Hi War Rocket Ajax.
>>
>>94891049
>still waiting for the good times to come
>>
>people in the industry actually browse /co/
okay people of le industry what the heck is going on with CN? What's with their crazy scheduling where they seemingly kill off their own shows constantly by airing them almost without advertising it and at random intervals?
>>
Pretty well, I just need a better full time job to pay the bills right now.
>>
File: John Wagner Bot 01.jpg (32KB, 230x235px) Image search: [Google]
John Wagner Bot 01.jpg
32KB, 230x235px
Slow but steady. Gonna be published in two 2000AD fanzines next month, Zarjaz and Dogbreath. Still ad honorem but I've been having a grand time so far with some superfine artists, and it helps build a portfolio for next month when I send another Future Shock to Tharg.
Other than that, sent a pitch to Commando, several to a local publisher, and an artist friend has offered me what could be my first paying gig.
>>
>>94890338
Its funny cause you're already wrong
>>
>>94885435

I don't want to work in comics or cartoons? I just like consuming them. Where did you get that idea?
>>
>>94891242
animation is expensive only producing 1 or 2 shows and milk them as much as possible is better
>>
>>94887153
Yeah, but I can create something useful and profitable as well as satisfying
>>
>>94892110
Hey JA, did you pick the 'women at war' theme for Commando?
>>
>>94894549
Oh yes. I was actually not going to pitch because I figured I'm not good enough and I haven't read nearly enough commando, but I couldn't fucking resist, man. It was stronger than me.
Ended up sending them a story about a teenage french resistance fighter who is not allowed to go on ops with her fellow maquis, until on the eve of D-Day, the SOE air-drops a hardass, two-fisted, crude-and-rude australian spy modelled after Nancy Wake. Mentorships, idolatry and much nazi-killing ensues.
>>
>>94894761
Good luck. I figured that'd be your chosen prompt.
>>
>>94885435
I've completely ignored it. I'm going to work on the bible today.
>>
>>94894862
Thanks a lot -- I'm gonna need it! And to be honest, the ANZAC one looked really interesting too, but I fear anything I could've written would've been rather, uh... critical of british high command. Which is OK if your editor is Pat Mills, but I figured in Commando it'd be best to err on the side of heroism, rather than, well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4SeN8xqXQ
>>
>>94894908
I haven't read a Commando comic since I was a kid (I used to buy them for 50p from the newsagent when I went to visit my gran) but IIRC you can show officer incompetence and malice if the stakes are personal and there's heroism to contrast it, a la Charley's War. I don't really know what their guidelines are but I remember books having that.

The real censorship crisis is that they'd change "None of that French shit" to like "None of your French talk, pal" in the printing. #NancyWoke

I'm gonna put in something for the Future Shock submission next month too, so good luck with that as well.
>>
>>94887153

Yeah, but eventually the asshole fans start to wear away at you.

Kudos to all the creators that can keep at it day in and day out out of love or delusion or narcissism or whatever.

I lasted about 5 years, then realized I could be making more money with less aggro and stress elsewhere.

Satisfaction and accomplishment don't pay the bills, on top of some r/comics neckbeard or tumblrina on your tits because you don't draw their weird shipping combo fat enough or twink enough.

Also, convention promoters. Most are cool, but it became a diminishing returns thing after a while.
>>
>>94885435
I'm going to submit a Future Shock script to 2000AD next month. I've got it outlined, but haven't gotten much time to polish it off because of a sudden promotion giving me more work at my day job and some personal issues including my laptop starting to break and a car bursting into flames.
I'm not expecting much since it's my first real attempt at something like this, but I'm still hopeful and nervous and trying to find out everything I can learn or do to improve my chances.
>>
File: Bitch.jpg (38KB, 339x338px) Image search: [Google]
Bitch.jpg
38KB, 339x338px
>>94885854
>>
>>94896806
damn cosmo
>>
Pretty good, I'm currently in a geographical location where the animation industry is practically non-existent but my YouTube channel is keeping me creatively satisfied while the revenue I get from freelancing is starting to improve.
Definitely glad I decided to focus graphic design just as much as I did cartoons in school, I honestly can't even comprehend how people who are only character animators survive.
>>
What publishers accept script submissions without art?
>>
>>94898156
2000AD
>>
>>94898646
this
>>
>>94885435
reading animation books and learning to draw properly is the stage i'm at, i guess
very early stage but still enjoyable
>>
>>94885460
/thread
>>
>>94885435
Karlie is already living my dream. Of fucking Taylor Swift.
>>
>>94886806
comic or cartoon? most comic publishers have something in their contact page about pitches. cartoons check the tv stations. either way why bother, just do it and throw it online, if it gets popular you can easily get it printed or sell merch directly for max profits
>>
>>94886577
Seems like you could do well on Tinder. Or if you have an IG why not post an invite?
>>
>>94885435
It's a fail; I have a webcomic to prove it. There's nothing I hate more than me.
>>
>>94886924
Yeah, you're work is actually valuable. The US is all about cheap shitty labor in the name of progressivism.
>>
>>94886577
Roy, is that you?
>>
>>94886810
Fabok as well.
>>
The pay isn't as bad as places like Japan but the weekly quotas, short contracts, and repetitive nature of the shows gets boring. It's a decent job if you can get it but a lot of people leave when the industry goes through a periodic downturn.
>>
>>94898646
>>94899845
Seriously. They're taking submissions in September. You guys should jump on the opportunity to put your work out there.
>>
>>94885584
whats wrong with us
>>
>>94901592
exactly, be so good they cant ignore you
and if youre not that good, be lucky
>>
>>94902503
No.

>>94902179
I personally dislike Tinder (and the whole quick hook up thing), but I've unironically thought about the IG thing.
Maybe I should add that I do get a little bit of attention IRL, but it's always from tattooed drugged up girls and very sexual.
>>
File: 6gm882umy3cz.jpg (143KB, 1032x916px) Image search: [Google]
6gm882umy3cz.jpg
143KB, 1032x916px
>>94902791
people who win about location in this day and age don't get how powerful the internet is. total freedom beats exec meddling anyday. You just have to be good, that's the hard part, making good art is fucking hard, and no one wants to pay you while you git gud (which can take anywhere from a few years to never at the rate most NEETs do it. t. NEET)
>>
>>94885435
Milkshakes suck. Way too fucking sweet.
>>
My family says I have no talent and no hook ups for me to yell and scream through art school. I'll never get to make my own shallow 10 minute Cartoon Network cartoon about an amorphous blob child and his two friends who's probably a neat freak and another is a rebellious wild card who live in some sort of suburban city and do random stuff.
>>
>>94901592
>>94902791
>>94903388
Im not into art i would love to work with someone who can draw or help write for them.
Being the guy to make the stories is what I pretty much am good at though I have no idea what doing that is called.
>>
>>94885435
I gotta work on my portfolio. I feel theyre not up to par.
>>
File: image.jpg (460KB, 2706x1798px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
460KB, 2706x1798px
>>94903695
bruh
>>
>>94898646
>>94902670
Already know them. Anyone else so I don't have to wait another year if I don't make the cut?
>>
File: med_1471647451_00017.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
med_1471647451_00017.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
>>94903823
That's a thing?!

Also I was making fun of this character shape.
>>
Ever since I found out Don Bluth is a dirty Jew my dreams died
>>
Just submitted my first comic book script to someone I know who's going to draw it after a long time of dilly-dallying. My artist has been incredibly understanding and professional about it. Next time I'm going to be better about it and start writing it right away. Not sure what my next project is going to be. Probably going to start fleshing out some more ideas that I have.

>>94885644
>tfw want to try taking up programming at some point in my life
>>
>>94888948
Rooting for you, my dude!
>>
>>94885435
How many times do i have to tell you
working in comics/cartoons is not my dream
>>
File: 1503595036456.jpg (95KB, 885x660px) Image search: [Google]
1503595036456.jpg
95KB, 885x660px
>>94903656
>tfw massive sweet tooth and a family history of diabetes
How sweet it must be to never lust for forbidden fruit.
>>
>>94885435
Never going to happen

I'm going to kill myself if that Asian model wife thing doesn't work out
>>
>>94903734
Pretty sure that's called being a writer.
>>
My day job pays well enough that I can fund all my comic projects out of pocket. It's just about find the time at this point.

Have an OGN coming out in 2019. Have an ongoing webcomic that pays out enough for my collaborator to make a partial living off of.

Pitched to a couple of animation studios. One wasn't interested. One wants to wait and see.

Starting a couple of new projects that seem like they can go somewhere.

Just been invited to hang with some comics folks of varying levels of success. One seems to have a semi-permanent job with IDW, another is an Eisner winner who apparently has worked with Alan Moore more than once.

But to tell the truth I kinda feel stuck and like I'm not really going all that far in comics and animation. Lot of my peers are future superstars and luminaries in the field. I'm just someone who isn't outright failing.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.