[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this run any good? I liked Waid's run (the first one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 2015-12-24-daredevil.jpg (228KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-24-daredevil.jpg
228KB, 900x1384px
is this run any good? I liked Waid's run (the first one at least) this seems to be more dark/Miller-esque
>>
>>94882802
If you hate Waid's run you should go back to /pol/
>>
>>94882949
never said I hate it, but the second run was lackluster compared to the first.the first one is great
>>
File: seething.jpg (540KB, 1070x1616px) Image search: [Google]
seething.jpg
540KB, 1070x1616px
>>94882949
I'm pretty left leaning, but Waid's run has some dumpster juice in it
>>
>>94883017
Sure this wasn't from Rucka's part of that crossover?
>>
File: Daredevil Can't See Strippers.jpg (343KB, 517x725px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil Can't See Strippers.jpg
343KB, 517x725px
>>94883017
I'll admit to never having read DD; but it seems like he's the best character. Hell he's priceless in fanart.
>>
>>94882802
What exactly did everyone hate about Matt Murdock going to San Francisco?

It was a refreshing change of pace.
>>
>>94883017
What's wrong with this page?
>>
>>94883166
it just wasnt as good as the first run
>>
>>94883166
It had nothing to do with the setup.

The writing just took a dip in quality.
It never got bad, but it was never as good as it had been.
>>
>>94883001
I actually SLIGHTLY preferred his second run to the first. Seeing him in San Fransisco and with his identity public was really interesting imo. Plus the 50th anniversary story was a nice happy ending for one of the few Marvel characters who deserve one (if you ignore Bendis's dumb interlude). Waid's first run was fantastic too of course and probably objectively better my personal preferences aside. Anyway to your actual question it's ok but completely undos all of Waid's character development for the character. It is kind of like Miller's Daredevil but without the good writing. The writing isn't awful, I'd compare it to a mediocre Batman run. Good time waster but you won't remember it in a month or two
>>
File: atheistmatt.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
atheistmatt.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>94882802
>>
File: atheistmatt2.jpg (3MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
atheistmatt2.jpg
3MB, 3975x3056px
>>94883346
>>
>>94883346
I could somewhat deal with him having an illegal immigrant Robin since that was tame for NuMarvel standards but the MATT'S BEEN AN ATHEIST FOR MORE THAN A DECADE got me to drop the series
>>
It's boring. The incredible asspulls to get Matt back in Hell's Kitchen with a secret identity were mind-blowingly dumb, Blindspot was pointless, and Matt is at peak unlikable fuckhead.
>>
>>94882949
Lol, do you like Champions anon?
>>
>>94883215
It's out of character and seems more like a rant by Waid than any sort of speech Daredevil would dive into
>>
>>94882949
Seriously, fuck off already.
Is this some false-flagging or something?
>>
>>94883725
How is it out of character for Daredevil?
>>
>>94883865
Daredevil doesn't fly off the handle and sperg out over disrespectful comments.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.