[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Joaquim Dos Santos gets to work on a series that doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>Joaquim Dos Santos gets to work on a series that doesn't get cancelled due to executive meddling
>Studio Mir gets work that's even more challenging than Korra
>Mecha shows get a second life in western television

Voltron is damn good show in and of itself, but it also does a lot of good for the animation industry around it as well. So is Netflix and Amazon gonna save western animation from the likes of Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon now?
>>
>>94880723
There is still some executive meddling. They revealed recently that they wanted Shiro back fast instead of him being gone for long.

There is no complete freedom.
>>
>>94880723
I like the show, don't think it's amazing, but more than anything its massive success gives me hope for western animation. I don't have anything against CN and Nick, but more options is always better.
>>
>>94880863
this makes cense, it felt to damn soon.
>>
File: rip in pepperonis.jpg (558KB, 1500x2091px) Image search: [Google]
rip in pepperonis.jpg
558KB, 1500x2091px
>tfw Netflix was too late to save Detroit
it still hurts
>>
>>94882046
Implying Disney gives away any IP they own.
>>
>>94882091
more like if Prynoski hadn't gotten a break with DisneyXD, he might have gotten a more favorable deal with Netflix down the line. can't blame him for taking the opportunity since Motorcity was his baby, the hintsight is just painful
>>
>>94882046
FUCK DISNEY
>>
Pity about the fanbase.
>>
I'm sort of curious; is the show available in japan and if so do they love/hate/not care about it?
>>
>>94880863
Some more meddling
>Montgomery wishes they didn’t have to jam it all into one episode but “you gotta do what your boss wants you to do. So we made it happen in one episode.”

>The behind the scenes team was able to get across all the history the audience needed to understand where Voltron came from, but if Dos Santos had his way the episode would have been a two parter.

>Still, the team wishes they could have had more breathing room. Dos Santos says many of the scenes could have been extended and points to the banquet scene, before the comet arrives, as something they could have spent more time with.
>Montgomery also wishes the Paladins could have had some time to get to know their Lions a little better “rather than just go straight into battle and then being ready for things immediately. Those are things that definitely take time and took a little more time than we had to give them.”
>>
>>94883493
>http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/voltron/267044/expanding-the-voltron-universe-the-original-paladins-and-more
>>
>>94883211
It is, and apparently has a small but enthusiastic fanbase.
>>
>>94883211
It recently became available in early July, but like many western shows, it's not very visible or well-advertised or anything so few people know about it. Netflix is not very common over there either, there are many obstacles to reaching an audience. The ones that do watch it seem to like it though.
>>
>>94883628
>>94883493
Well that sucks. Though I didn't really care about the other Paladins since they're not as relevant as we would have thought they'd be.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.