[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a comprehensive Legion reading list/order? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: legion.jpg (236KB, 665x1000px) Image search: [Google]
legion.jpg
236KB, 665x1000px
Is there a comprehensive Legion reading list/order? I'm specifically thinking of reading the Waid and the Abnett/Lanning runs, or more if there are others that are particularly worth reading.

also Legion of Superheroes thread
>>
>>94880639
>Waid
Are you talking about reboot Legion (90's) or threeboot Legion (2004)? Because if it's the latter, skip it, it's pretty fucking terrible. Waid's first "how do you do fellow kids" moment.
>>
>You could start from the beginning and marathon through but if you need a little help with some starting points/suggestions (there have been a couple of LoSH torrents around but I don't have a link)

>Silver age: Adventure Comics #346
>Bronze age: LoSH v2 #283
>Five Years Later (you'll want to read it with context of the earlier stuff though): LoSH v4 #1
>90s Reboot (first proper reboot): LoSH v4 #0, Legionnaires #0, LoSH v4 #62, Legionnaires #19, LoSH v4 #63, etc (they stop crisscrossing directly after like an arc or two but they'll crossover again at times as well)
>DnA run: LoSH v4 #122, Legionnaires #79, LoSH v4 #123, Legionnaires #80 then Legion Lost (you could start with Legion Lost on its own but the context helps)
>Threeboot (second proper reboot): v5 #1
>Retroboot (sort of an unboot): mainly just the Johns arcs (JLA/JSA Lightning Saga, Superman and the LoSH, Final Crisis Lo3W)
>Other cool things: Star Trek crossover, Morrison's Action run, Superboy's Legion Elseworld
>Not exactly LoSH but you should read it: L.E.G.I.O.N. and R.E.B.E.L.S.

>5YL gets shitty when Giffen leaves. Threeboot gets shitty when Waid and Bedard leave. Retroboot get shitty/mediocre when Johns leaves.

>There's a ton of minis that aren't listed that are ok, Mon-El had an ongoing and was pretty involved in New Krypton, etc. But I assume once you get a taste for things you'll probably read them anyway. I probably forgot something obvious.

The order I personally went was Johns, Threeboot, from the beginning until 5YL, Reboot, then doubled back to 5YL which is probably about the least sensible way of doing it but yeah.
>>
>>94880639
Not comprehensive, but useful
https://legionabstract.blogspot.com/2010/10/where-should-i-start-with-legion-of.html
>>
Thanks, folks. I don't know why, but Levitz/Giffen completely slipped my mind. I'll start with Bronze Age, then.
>>
>>94881534
Enjoy the ride. Ultimately you will read it all if you like it.

The cartoon is fairly decent too (second season a bit better plot-wise than the first) if you want to look into it as well.
>>
>>94880639
Anyone have links to the Legion DC Archives books?
>>
>>94881695
Said cartoon also has a tie-in comic that's fun.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.