[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>love is a distraction from your true purpose >you should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: file.jpg (24KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
24KB, 620x470px
>love is a distraction from your true purpose
>you should ignore it and try to reach your full potential

Why was I supposed to hate him?
>>
For fucks sake /co/ give it a rest
>>
>>94866223
Because his supposed purpose was omnicidal in nature, the advice itself is fine so long as your purpose doesn't infringe on others' freedoms.
>>
>>94866223
His true purpose was killing all other life in the universe. Which would prevent you from ignoring love to reach your full potential.
>>
i can't hate any character played by kurt russell

it's his only flaw as an actor
>>
>>94866223
Movies aren't made for...shit, I can't even remember the goddamn term for you hermit dudes who claim being kissless wizards is a deliberate choice.
>>
>>94866223
Yeah because he was a retarded faggot that lived for eons and couldn't just hang around earth like five decades and just wait until that bitch died and instead he killed her and expected his retarded son to be ok with it.
>>
>>94866307
Waiting was a terrible idea.His plan was actually really good, but Yondu fucked it up.

Ego needed to get Peter while he was young and at his most vulnerable and impressionable. That's the important part. Killing his mom made things way easier: Ego would be all Peter had left, and Peter was hurt and scared. A golden opportunity to properly mold a defenseless kid. That didn't happen, he did have to wait until Peter was already an adult, and look how things turned out. Thanks Yondu!

Ego wouldn't have even bothered trying to bring Peter into the fold at that age if it hadn't been for the fact that he handled that infinity stone like a true champ.
>>
>>94866271
What if my full potential is to be killed by Ego?
>>
>>94866223
He smashed a perfectly good walkman
>>
>>94866541
>Ego needed to get Peter while he was young and at his most vulnerable and impressionable

So then he should have waited.
He should have hung around on Earth with Meredith and been Peter's awesome dad who can do no wrong. The kind of dad that when Peter's mom tells Peter he can't have something, dad goes behind her back and gets it for him. Be the awesome dad that Peter idolizes and loves, more so then his mother, and believes can do no wrong.

Ego should have raised Peter, instilling his beliefs in him in order to make him more pliable. That way he would have been able to guide and train Peter from a young age and made sure he was what he needed.
>>
>>94866223
Because he did reach potential. He found it Peter's mom, and in what would one day become Peter himself. He was happy, he was in love, and he felt needed by a place that wanted him. But his overwhelming sense of a higher calling fucked all that up, and he deliberately crippled the purpose he had found by accident to pursue the one that, ultimately, would have made him more alone and isolated than he believed.

However, that by itself only makes him a pitiable antagonist. He's meant to be hated because of the way his warped sense of purpose hurt the people he should be closest to, and how that caused them to hurt others.

>>94866788
Ego staying on Earth was a death sentence for himself. But his duty to his purpose wouldn't let him be that awesome dad because then he would BECOME that awesome dad in a true sense. He would have given up on the purpose he had chosen if he kept the one he found.
>>
>>94866788
>He should have hung around on Earth with Meredith and been Peter's awesome dad who can do no wrong.
He still needed to remove Meredith's influence so he'd be the only one Peter has left, and he needed to get back to his main body to remain immortal. All that other stuff you said isn't anything he couldn't have done if he'd killed Meredith and then Yondu had honored his end of the bargain, and on top of that is actually more of a gamble than letting mom have him, ripping her away and then stepping in at the right moment.
>>
>>94866223
because he gave peters mom cancer
have you ever had a loved one suffer from cancer it is the most horrible helpless feeling you can have, fuck ego
>>
>>94866648
then your potential is shit. if you entire purpose to to be used by another to further their goals you have a shit life and need to change that.
>>
>>94866916
The funny thing is, he thought because Peter had his gift, that his God side would understand where he was coming from and killing Meredith would be NBD. Then he felt the mood in the room shift and was like, "Oh shit, I think he's mad." Ego was just too pure for this world.
>>
>>94867025
>>94867025
>Ego was just too pure for this world.
maybe but i wouldn't wish cancer on any living person even my enemies who are many
>>
>>94866223
Because they were writing for a non-autistic audience, you pocket calculator.
>>
>>94867066
James Gunn said on the commentary that he admires Ego's ability to put his mission above distractions.
>>
Because he gave mommy cancer and broke little petey's cassette player.
>>
File: ngbbs4276db223576c.jpg (24KB, 300x238px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4276db223576c.jpg
24KB, 300x238px
>>94866223
Because non autistic non robotic people hate him.
Because it's normal

Inb4 normie ree rage where do you think you are memes.
>>
>>94866223
He's a narcissist.
>>
>>94867053
>even my enemies who are many
anon you need to start saying please and thank you sometimes before an angry mob crucifies you on a stop sign
>>
>tells his son he gave his mother brain cancer
>Peter immediately fills him full of lead/laser
Based Starlord
>>
>>94866264
>2010 /co/: /co/ is love
>2017 /co/: Love is weakness
I want /pol/, /v/, and /tv/ to please, respectfully go back to their boards. Fuck the horsefuckers were better than this.
>>
>>94866293
>Macready vs Jack Burton vs Snake Plisskin
Who would win?
>>
>>94868633
>2010
Reddit needs to fucking leave
>>
>>94868961
Everyone.
>>
>>94866987

But what if everyone's but Ego's potential is shit and that's why realising his potential is to make universe full of Egos?
>>
>>94866298
incel

Men going their own way (MGTOW)
>>
>>94869756
Naw, the "in" in incel stands for involuntary.

MGTOW might be what I was thinking of but I thought there was one less alphabet soup-y.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.