[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Promised us Guardians of the Galaxy >Gave us Redditors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: grdfsd.png (2MB, 1052x996px) Image search: [Google]
grdfsd.png
2MB, 1052x996px
>Promised us Guardians of the Galaxy
>Gave us Redditors of the Galaxy instead

Why?
>>
Because the two dozen Guardians of the Galaxy fans that existed before the movie came out weren't going to be able to support the film as a whole and make it profitable. Sorry, it's not your club house any more.
>>
Why did they choose a fat guy to play Drax? Isn't he supposed to be pretty fit?
>>
>>94863951
(This is what Marvel Comics actually believes.)
too bad they don't realize they sell comics, not movies
>>
>>94863029
>anything funny is reddit
What did he meme by this? :^)
>>
>>94863029
Because everything must be a comedy or Disney gets triggered...also, Disney can't have gay characters in their capemovies.
>>
>>94864038
>Marvel
>selling comics

Haha nice one brah
>>
>>94863951
Thats the most retarded ''''''argument''''' i read outside of /tv/...wait not even on /tv/ people are this stupid.
Redditors of the Memelaxy is basically the post Annihilation team minus Mantis, Phyla and Moondragon...also they all got lobotomies.
>>
File: 200515151313431.jpg (39KB, 407x400px) Image search: [Google]
200515151313431.jpg
39KB, 407x400px
>>94863983
i want to be that "fat"
>>
>>94864096
He is fat brah, his pecs are asking to be tityfucked.
>>
So honestly, how many people actually knew or cared about the Gotg before the movie? I'm guessing maybe two dozen people who post on /co/ and not much else
>>
>>94864167
I definitely did.
>>
>>94864167
i remeber seeing OP image wen marvel revealed they were goin to do a gotg movie and i had no idea who they were so i start reading anhilation, conquest the dna run and i absolutly love it, then 2 years or so afther that i go to see the movie and i was disapoited
>>
>>94864046
>guardians is funny and not just full of cheap laughs with a good one here or there
>>
The only good gotg comic was the annihilation conquest mini written by giffen. DnAs comics are schlocky trash. There's a reason every space event after annihilation got shittier and shitter
>>
>>94863029
Chris Pratt can't act for shit in a dramatic moment. I laughed during Yondu's death scene.
>>
File: 1307767588022.jpg (61KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1307767588022.jpg
61KB, 360x202px
>>94863029

They made a good movie that was popular with mainstream so it replaced the better incarnation that was popular within a niche of comic readers.

It doesn't matter, none of it matters.
>>
>>94866658
It wasn't even better. I read it at the time, and while yes we loved it on /co/, we also hated it for having no plot outside event hopping and a stupidly bloated roster that left no room for anybody but Quill to have any character beyond snarky one-liners. Hell, most of us thought Giffen should have written GOTG while DnA wrote Nova.

Make no mistake, the stupid cult status it achieved here is because of the hype for the movie. All these people whining about the movie version are bandwagoning casuals that got swept up in the movie hype and plowed through GOTGv2, thinking they were finally in the hipster clubhouse, and were baffled when the movie turned out different. Of course it was different, it had to be, because nobody in their right mind would try to adapt GOTGv2 with any semblance of accuracy beyond broadest strokes in the characters and tone and themes (which is what Gunn did, or Peter would chronologically be a psycho like Englehart's and not a funnyman like DnA's version), and expect it not to be a massive failure. James Gunn did literally nothing wrong.

Sage because this thread is terrible.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.