[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I might slowly be loosing interest in cape comics.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 3188039-spider-man-woman147.jpg (678KB, 1226x1216px) Image search: [Google]
3188039-spider-man-woman147.jpg
678KB, 1226x1216px
I think I might slowly be loosing interest in cape comics.

What are some good series out there that aren't capes, but also don't rely completely on gore/outright bleak concepts?
>>
>>94861815
Juice Squeezers.
>>
>>94861815
read manga. especially if you're female. there's not much in the way to appeal to an adult female in western comics.
>>
>>94861815
What do you like, OP? Movies, shows, games, whatever, what appeals to you?
>>
>>94861842
Any tips on what i could get statted on??
>>
>>94861815
Nah, you're good. I go through cycles with this shit. I'm 32 now and have recently started swinging back into comics.
>>
>>94861868
Anything like Megas XLR. The one indie comic I do read now is Wayward. Rat Queens ended up just being too crude and obnoxious for me. I tried Joyride, but I was put off by the main character being so self righteous. Tokyo Ghost is the kind of book that puts me off because it's just so fucking bleak. I haven't really tried Saga cause I got tired of the BKV's "get you attached to characters then kill them all and pretty much ruins your mood for the rest of the day"

...ya know, I should just find more Atomic Robo the more I type...
>>
>>94861874
junji ito
>>
>>94861815
The stuff of legends
>>
>>94861842
It's funny, aside from Dragon Ball Super (good shit posts), I've pretty much gone in reverse.

>>94861874
Mob Psycho 101 is pretty good.
>>
>>94861941
Chew
Bone
Bandette
Love & Rockets (not exactly super upbeat, but not really bleak or depressing either)
Essex County
Scott Pilgrim
Snotgirl
Pope's Battling Boy/Aurora West saga (kinda cape-y)
Blue Monday
Orc Stain (warning: on a long-ass hiatus)
King City
Joe the Barbarian
>>
>>94862081
I don't see why that's funny.
anyway just read from wherever. country of origin isn't important.
>>
>>94861815
the goon is supposed to be good. also try some webcomics like himdaisy and that one with the girl with the tail maybe. never read it, but it looks decent.
>>
>>94862227
>Chew
I tried Chew as well. It kind of turned me off.

I should try those other ones, thanks.
>>
>>94861815
WE3. It has cute animals in it.
>>
>>94863009
Dude, come on. I've been around the block.
>>
>>94861815
Jeff Smith's Bone
>>
>>94861815
Geez dude, you are giving me nothing to work with...
>aren't capes
>don't rely on gore
>don't rely on bleak concepts

That's a tall order, especially since I'm such an edgelord and gorehound. I have to actually go and check my shelves and the other boxes upstairs, because >>94862227 covered a few of the ones I could think of.
>>
Lastman
>>
I've been reading Fables. It's been really good so far!
>>
"The Fix" is pretty good. It's a comedy, if that's your thing.
"Sex Criminals" is also decent. Don't be put off by the name, it's not some erotic comic to get off to. It's about these two people who freeze time when they orgasm. So they rob banks. It's better than my description makes it.
"Y: The Last Man". Could be considered bleak, but it's one of my favorites.
>>
>>94861815
Is that from Edge of Spidercest?
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 255x191px
>>94861815
>mfw another capefag anon begins to convert and see the light
>>
>>94861874
Fullmetal Alchemist, both the manga and the Brotherhood anime.

2003 has some good moments as well, but starts to get way too tryhard when it goes off the manga's path and starts doing it's own story.
>>
>>94861874
Kamen Rider Black
>>
>>94861815
Does it have to be recent?
Do you like comedy?
Regardless, I always recommend Groo. Some of the funniest stuuf you'll ever read.

There are also the IDW franchise comics. Ghosbusters, TMNT, Dirk Gently, Samurai Jack, GI Joe. All good stuff.
>>
>>94861815

I'm sad she's dead.
>>
>>94861815
Indie comics are as much of political bullshit propaganda as capeshit.

Also,
>not reading DC
OP is a faggot
>>
>>94865600
When did OP say anything about "poltical bullshit propaganda"?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>94861842
>>94861874
Yeah, the nice thing about manga is how diverse it is. There's good manga about anything from shogi to real physical sports to fantasy battle stuff to romantic comedy. Especially if you know Japanese, if you can't find 100 manga that interests you then you didn't try very hard.

Pic related, picked up at Book-Off yesterday for $14. Cross Game by Mitsuru Adachi
>>
File: big two fans.jpg (70KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
big two fans.jpg
70KB, 500x375px
>>94865615
Don't mind him, it's just the standard big two cuck defensive mechanism going into action.
>>
>>94865897
100 different mangas, but still the same shitty plot and cliches. Its hard to find a manga who actually gets out of the box.
>>
>>94863280
Fables is amazing up to chapter 75 (vol 11). From there it takes a hard nosedive. around vol 17 it picks up again, but never regains its former glory.
The Cinderella spin offs are great.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.