[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this show any good? I'm going through a Ghostbusters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1492716598403.png (208KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492716598403.png
208KB, 500x281px
Is this show any good? I'm going through a Ghostbusters fever of some sort.
>>
It was until the dreaded CORPORATE MEDDLING
>>
Cartoon is great and the comics are meh
>>
>>94860325
The first season or two is god-tier.

When Venkman changes voice actors, you've gone too far. Stop there. Well...you can still watch the episode "Flip Side."

"Janine, You've Changed" is also good, but you need to watch the shitty seasons for context to really appreciate that one.
>>
File: That's disgusting.jpg (844KB, 705x1624px) Image search: [Google]
That's disgusting.jpg
844KB, 705x1624px
I will always enjoy the first 65 episodes.
But as others have already said, it goes downhill after that.
>>
Who has the rights to this show?
>>
By 80s standards, this show is God-teir. Pretty good animation it's little errors, cool plots and characters, and an enjoyable balance of comedy, action, and horror.
But yeah, it was dead once they changed Venkman's actor and Janine's design. But hey, 65 episodes is pretty good.
>>
File: GBRGB.jpg (140KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
GBRGB.jpg
140KB, 900x800px
I don't have much else to add that wasn't already said, OP. But if you haven't yet, do yourself a favour and read the Ghostbusters comics from IDW. They're brilliant, have a ton of easter eggs referencing other parts of the franchise, and they also had a crossover featuring the Real Ghostbusters.

>>94860790
If you mean the distribution rights, the DVDs were released by Time Life. It's a fairly nice set, despite the fact that only the first couple of seasons are worth watching.
>>
>>94862654
Having the crossover take place during the events of an actual episode was a stroke of genius.
>>
Extreme are better
>>
>>94862654
Why would the comics have them cross over when the series clearly established the Bill Murray / Dan Aykroyd movie was based on the events that happened to them in "real life."
>>
>>94860419

But be careful, Netflix has the episodes in an odd order and you might run into a later season episode prematurely.

Some of the animation in this show is astounding, other times it's garbage. I think some of the charm of rewatching this show is starting to recognize the various different animation houses an episode was outsourced to. Sometimes the show looks very Lupin III and I love it.
>>
>>94860325
It and extreme ghostbusters are better then the movies imo. Also sam hain best villain
>>
File: AU.jpg (388KB, 1500x1153px) Image search: [Google]
AU.jpg
388KB, 1500x1153px
>>94863577
Alternate realities/universes. Think Turtles Forever, but smaller scale. They go into that a bit with the 2016 crossover as well, from what I've heard. I haven't managed to convince myself to read that one yet.
>>
>>94863677
Yeah, the 2016 crossover says that when they crossed the streams to blast Gozer's temple, the interdimensionality involved resulted in the Ghostbusters brand being subconsciously imprinted on the multiverse.
>>
Pretty sure this show is responsible for some of the childhood fears that followed me into adulthood. Hole in the Wall Gang alone gave me trypophobia, and then there's that episode where the guys get covered in an experimental chemical during a job at a svience lab that sends them to the hospital and eyeballs and ears and all this other shit grows on their bodies.
>>
>>94863677
They even remembered pachinko machine Ghostbusters.
>>
>>94863723
"Doctor, Doctor" I think that second episode was called. RGB was literally my first real exposure to the body horror genre.
>>
>>94863677
Wait... do they own Filmation Ghostbusters?
>>
>>94866072

It's just a joke cameo, same as Hulk Hogan above them.

Filmation's library is owned by Universal now that they've bought Dreamworks Animation.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.