[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shouldn't it make sense that MJ the one who getting shot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: onemore1_1945.jpg (58KB, 300x456px) Image search: [Google]
onemore1_1945.jpg
58KB, 300x456px
Shouldn't it make sense that MJ the one who getting shot instead of Aunt May and thus Peter have to sold his marriage to Mephisto in order to keep MJ alive?
>>
>>94849124
Yeah, but "Marvel" and "sense" aren't things you put in the same sentence anymore.
>>
The entire thing reads like JMS explaining why this scenario is a horrible idea. As if, once his proposed new canon was rejected, he was holding out in hopes that someone would realize how stupid this was and stop it at the last possible second.
>>
>>94849124
But that would mean that Peter has feelings for MJ and they wanted to show that he is better of without her.
>>
>>94849124

Or just fucking break up? MJ isn't the endgame girl and got other things?
>>
>>94849124
if they had any balls at all, they would have just killed the bitch
may too
>>
>>94849124
Superior writing right there.
In previous alternate universe versions, before OMD, peter was meant to outlive May and grow up as a responsible person then start a family. After OMD he's just an entitled basement dwelling manchild who doesn't want to leave his aunt and gets rich really quick as well as owns his high tech corporation.

I liked him more when he was poor and unknown...and married.
>>
>>94849453
>he was holding out in hopes that someone would realize how stupid this was and stop it at the last possible second.
He should've known better given how Sins Past went down. He made the kids Normans because he didn't think they'd actually approve of that after they told him he couldn't make them Peter's.
>>
>>94849124
yeah I can't believe they had the entire Spidey department (says Slott) working on undoing it and not a single one of them proposed this.

It's still a retarded idea but at least the idea of him selling his love and happiness so that MJ could live (and never know) is endearing. Him selling it to save a 90year old woman is just fucking stupid.
>>
>>94849718
Why do you think he quit?

SURELY anyone with any level of awareness would stop short of printing a story where the hero makes a deal with Satan after every single possible source explains why that's bad and what Peter would become without love in his life.

I really hope that Slott went down the Parker Industries route without thinking about this story instead of misunderstanding the point so hard that he thought it would be EPIC to tackle
>>
>>94849124
I'm mad because you just fixed this entire dumb-ass plot and make it bittersweer and heartfelt in a single post.

I mean, Peter would definitely give up their marriage to save MJ's life, that's obvious. Damn.
>>
>>94849875
>Him selling it to save a 90year old woman is just fucking stupid.
It gets even worse, since one of the side stories around the Civil War/OMD arc was Peter able to take to May while she was in a coma. Tech or magic, I don't remember which. She told him that she had no regrets and didn't blame him. She'd lived a long full life with people she loved and who, in turn, loved her and her greatest wish right now was that Peter live a long and happy life himself and not to blame himself for her.

Then Peter ignored all that shit because his self-flagellation is more important than May's actual, expressed wishes. "Make a deal with the devil to make sure my future daughter never exists to oppose him and in return an old woman who's told me she's ready to move on gets to live for another few years. Sign me up!"
>>
>>94851045
The bittersweet feel would loom over and Marvel just wanted to make Spider-nan dumb fun. That fix would insert too much depth.
>>
>>94849124
would have still sucked, but you're right that it would make 10000% more sense
>>
>>94849124
It's simple, anon. The comic was meant to show that Spider-man was a mother's child who wasn't ready, nor would ever be ready to become a husband. Men reach out to women to replace their mother figures and start new families, but Peter Parker is to the likes of Quesada of a symbol of never growing up.
He was their Peter Pan and they refused to let him leave Neverland.
>>
>>94851638
The entire story reads like a troll from start to finish, like he's going to reject it. Then he doesn't. He even rejects the advice of God (THE God)! JMS projecting good dislike for the story, no doubt.
>>
>>94849124
it still doesn't fix the part where literally the Judeo-Christian God that Peter worships gives him a speech telling him to accept his loved one's death, and he ignores it and gives the Devil what he wants anyway.
>>
>>94853569
it also doesn't fix the part where Peter and Mary's child is retroactively aborted and everyone she would've saved in her superhero career ends up dying.
>>
>>94853487
Now the fact that Peter made a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May against her will hangs over it instead!
>>
>>94851923
>He was their Peter Pan and they refused to let him leave Neverland.
They already did that metaphor in the 90's and decided Peter has to grow beyond May.

10 years later they went the opposite way because cynical marketing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.