[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DC Comics presents to you a 12-issue maxiseries from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

>DC Comics presents to you a 12-issue maxiseries from the critically acclaimed team of writer Geoff Johns, artist Gary Frank and colorist Brad Anderson. You are not prepared for what lies ahead within these pages, good readers.
>On sale NOVEMBER 22 • 40 pg, FC, 1 of 12, $4.99 US • RATED T+

So this is pretty much going to be a full blown Watchmen 2. Will it be good?
>>
>>
>>94839688
Idk how many times you retards have to be told this. Let me put it in terms youll get

>Superman no fight Manhattan
>Manhattan no fight anyone
>Superman use words to convince Manhattan he wrong
Get it?
>>
>>94839688
This is gonna be good, but god damn do i hate gary frank's artstyle.
>>
>>94839721
No shit Sherlock. No one said they're going to fight.
>>
>>94839764
>superman logo ruins image because it's not symmetrical
FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
It's very clearly just going to be going through every era of DC and spotlighting what makes certain franchises cool. Probably nothing really Watchmen at all.
>>
>>94839688
>Geoff Johns

I mean the guy does solid work but subtlety isn't strength, I think they should've picked a different writer
>>
>>94839834
>I think they should've picked a different writer
Who else? Morrison would have said no to it.
>>
Are they planning on stretching this out for a whole year?
>>
File: Grant_morrison2.jpg (91KB, 449x670px)
Grant_morrison2.jpg
91KB, 449x670px
>>94839834
Ideally we'd have someone who
>is a big name author
>has done loads of critically acclaimed work for DC
>loves superheroes
>excels at books with lots of meta-commentary
>will not just shit all over watchmen even though it's super tempting
>puts a fuckton of effort into their work, which is often full of hidden themes and symbolism
>has a perfect understanding of the DCU

Sadly no one like that exists in this industry.
>>
>>94839930
Is Morrison even doing anything with DC anymore? Wonderwoman E1 and Multiversity were years ago
>>
>>94840167
He's reportedly working on "Multiversity Too", but you know how he is.
>>
>>94840167
>>94840191
Also a Batman comic with Chris Burnham about Damianbats. But no release dates for any of them so... y'know...
>>
>>94839834
>>94839930
This doesn't really make sense. DC didn't propose this and then recruit a team for it. The story only exists because Johns wanted to write it.

>>94840167
WWEO is getting two more volumes and Arkham Asylum is getting a sequel (though it's really a Batman #666 sequel). He just doesn't want to do monthlies right now, though I guess anything limited could just be done ahead of time.
>>
>>94840232
They should have ripped it out of his hands ans given it to Morrison, even if that's only because it might make Alan Moore kill himself.
>>
superman going get that Blue Lantern Upgrade
>>
>>94839834
>the guy does solid work

I guess if by solid you mean he's reasonably on time and not behind, then perhaps. If you meant it was acceptable in that there were no misspelled words, then once again perhaps.

If you even conceivably meant solid as in acceptable or sufficient, fuck no. The man hasn't had an original idea in his life and he's essentially writing fan fic. Yes, sometimes it's entertaining and amusing, but he hasn't hit that level since BEFORE the mess that ended up being New Krypton/War of the Supermen (also his fault).
>>
>>94840906
Isnt every capeshit writer that isnt the creator essentially writing fanfic?
>>
>>94840167
He's got a handful of books coming out eventually, but no plans for any monthlies.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.