[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.comicsbeat.com/big-bang- comics-drops-marvel-lent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: JEAN_GREY_LEGACY_CVR.jpg (239KB, 1320x2000px) Image search: [Google]
JEAN_GREY_LEGACY_CVR.jpg
239KB, 1320x2000px
http://www.comicsbeat.com/big-bang-comics-drops-marvel-lenticular-orders-and-70-other-stores-may-follow/

>When were you when Marvel died
>>
>>94835253
>when

not today I guess
>>
>a single store isn't selling variant covers for an event
>implying that will have any impact on Marvel
>>
>>94835253
So is 70 stores gonna make a dent? Most LCS I know of subsist on MtG and Anime outside of this one real big store, but has that shit anyways.
>>
Somewhere in 2012 I guess
>>
>>94835253
>When were you
>>
>>94835320
>90% of Marvel's income comes from variant covers
>arguably THE most influential and important LCS after Midtown drops all variants
>hurr this won't affect Marvel
OK, kid. Let's see what happens when Legacy fails so hard that DC blows them the absolute fuck out.
>>
>>94837262
90% of Marvel's income comes from movies.
>>
>>94837320
Marvel doesn't make any money off of the movies. post-AoU.
>>
>>94837320
i think he means the comics division
>>
>>94835253
It begins.
About fucking time.
>>
>>94835253
This isn't what's going to kill Marvel. What's killing Marvel is when Disney starts licensing out characters to other comic companies.
>>
>not even a quarter of 1% of retailers "may follow" in not selling one line of variants
It's over. Marvel is finished.
>>
This is a good start
>>
>>94835253
Well, they did say their variant covers announcement would revolutionize comics...
>>
so I guess in a way, those variant covers DID change the industry
>>
>>94835320
It's not just one store:
>The writer signs off by noting that they have been in contact with around 70 retailers who share their concerns, and that they are no longer going to be ordering anything with a “meet or exceed” requirement, stating:

>“We’re not going to do it anymore, it’s not good for us, it’s not good for you and it’s not good for Comics. We’re over jumping through hoops, and the term “meet or exceed” needs to be put to death in that order form and never seen again.”

Either Marvel will ship the lenticular variants "at no additional cost" (read: retailers have to foot larger shipping bills) or they'll wise up and cut any future "meet or exceed" plans from now on. My money's on the former.
>>
>>94835253
Based Micks.
>>
>>94840374
Still wont affect Marvel, people wuo want the covers will just order online instead or supporting their local shop.
>>
>>94841164
Retailers need to order a number of copies (which, as it is now, probably won't sell and can't be returned) to be "worthy" of ordering certain variants. So theoretically, yes, it should affect Marvel's sales.
>>
>>94835253
I'm a Marvelfag (buys everything) and I don't care about variants, let alone lenticulars.

It's not worth ordering, since you have to beat your order on a previous issue by at least 125%. That gives you MORE regular covers. THEN you can order lenticulars. The only way to make money off that is to sell lenticulars to customers for more than cover.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.