[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else sad they didn't have Jerry excel without Beth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 15

File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (93KB, 756x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg
93KB, 756x1000px
Anyone else sad they didn't have Jerry excel without Beth like he did in the alternate dimension? I think it would have been a lot funnier to see him successful while Beth's life falls apart.
>>
>>94834094

>A bunch of women wanting to see a recently divorced man succeed.

Things that will never happen
>>
>>94834164
kek this
>female writers
>>
>>94834164
I think it's because Harmon is self-inserting himself after his divorce and feels really pathetic about it.
>>
>>94834184
Harmon had a divorce?
It was recent, I'm assuming?
>>
>>94834094
That one dimension Jerry had 17 years to do well.
>>
>>94834094
Wow, SEXIST much?
>>
>>94834205
I figured he would immediately go for acting auditions and would get lucky and make it big. It wouldn't be too unbelievable either because of that alternate dimension.

>>94834201
I'm pretty sure it happened right before development of season 3 too.
>>
File: 1497544758105.png (4KB, 300x163px) Image search: [Google]
1497544758105.png
4KB, 300x163px
>yfw they remake Cloud Atlas with Jerry
>>
>>94834223
Beth is a fucking cunt dude.
>>
Jerry is (and has been) the most likeable character on the show. Maybe not the funniest, but definitely the most likeable.
>>
>>94834094
Isn't Jerry in between jobs after the Galactic Federation fell?
>>
>>94834490
There seems to be a major disconnect between the way fans see Jerry and the way the writers see him.
>>
>>94834205
>17 years to make connections
>>
>>94834164
This. Single men cannot succeed in fiction anymore, because that's sexist in tumblr's eyes.
>>
>>94834094
I think Jerry's just processing shit. No one is immediately going to bounce back right after a marriage dissolves. He was happy and successful in the movie star timeline because he was never reeling from divorce.
>>
Come on, it's only been what, a month or two since the divorce? Of course Jerry is going to be a wreck for awhile. He has no job, he still clearly cares about his family and wants to be with them, and we know that Jerry is a pretty emotional guy.

Episode 5 of this season proved that Jerry can grow as a person, he was willing to walk away from the family to avoid making them feel sorry for him, he got over his anger towards Rick when he saved his life on the roller coaster, and then he saves Rick's life AGAIN even though Rick shat on him in a variety of ways.

Jerry can very well still succeed, he's one of the few characters this season on anything even resembling a positive climb. Calm your tits.
>>
>>94834913
What? The main focus of episode 5 seemed to be to make him seem as pathetic as humanly possible..
>>
>>94834164
don't a lot of women like Bojack Horseman?
>>
>>94834983
The point was to show Morty becoming more like Rick as both of their parents fell deeper into being awful messes of humanity. But the episode is also clear that Jerry still has an out in his life, that he still has, always has had, the potential to be not awful.
>>
>>94835014
>unironically replying to /tv/posting
Get off /co/.
>>
>>94834983
Jerry is made fun of, that's always been part of his character, but he's also still just a cowardly guy put in situations he doesn't understand, and for that, the episode actually puffs him up a decent amount. Him defending Rick towards the end and doing the best he could (biting the the hand of the ayy lmao) proves that.
>>
>>94834164
The only men who are allowed to be successful under female writers are chads and sociopaths.
>>
>>94834983
It kind of felt like the start of a redemption arc to me.
Meanwhile, don't forget that Beth has ben shat upon in 3 episodes this season
>>
>>94834983
I'm pretty sure it's meant to show that Jerry is moving towards becoming a better, stronger person and that he's at least partially mended his relationship with Rick.
>>
>>94834983
Nah, Jerry in Episode 5 is what happens when you put a normal person in a strange alien world. Not everyone is jaded and detached enough like Rick to just roll with the strangeness.
>>
>>94834983
the ending showed that he wont do his signature move of getting things out of pity. I expect he does better next episode
>>
>>94835128
>Beth has ben shat upon in 3 episodes this season
When it comes to Rick yea, she's desperate and fucked in the head, but when it comes to Jerry, she's muh stronk womyn who don't need no Jerry.
>>
>>94835201
>When it comes to Rick yea
And how her children suffer for it

>but when it comes to Jerry, she's muh stronk womyn who don't need no Jerry.
Well, she really doesn't. She has a career while Jerry has nothing going for him.
Yet you can clearly see the divorce is affecting her. The whole family is becoming dysfunctional, and so is she. She starts glueing horse hoofds together and shit like that and had a better time talking to robots than to her actual kids
>>
File: 1495602653072.jpg (82KB, 783x590px) Image search: [Google]
1495602653072.jpg
82KB, 783x590px
>>94835273
>had a better time talking to robots than to her actual kids

Wow, I hadn't thought about that. She really is coming apart at the seams, emotionally and mentally.
>>
>>94834983
>Shows Morty becoming ever more fucked up without a somewhat normal and pathetic person in his life as a reference point
>Summer tries to enlarge her tits and ends up getting turned inside out because no one was around to give her token encouragement
>Beth keeps becoming more spiteful and passive aggressive towards Rick to the point of turning her own daughter inside out to avoid having to call him for help
The episode felt like it was making the point that they do need the spineless wimp as the backbone of their shitty family.
>>
>>94835470
Pretty much spot on.
Hell, by far most of the problems in Beth and Jerry's marriage were caused by Rick
>>
>>94835470
yep.
at his worst, jerry is a coward. Compared to the worst of everyone else on his family,hes a fucking saint.
i hope the female writers realize this
>>
>>94835630
At his worst, Jerry is a stubborn moron who fucks up and then refuses to take accountability for his fuck ups. He's a coward who sometimes tries hard for his family, but he's also absolutely a jerk.
>>
>>94834164
I blame Harmon. Jerry is his self insert, and will do what he can to make Jerry unlikable and useless just so he can feel better about himself.
>>
>>94834698
Agreed. Since season 2 the writers have been trying hard to make Jerry unlikeable, and I think it's because they made him more likeable than anyone else by just being a normal but cowardly guy that would step up when needed. But then they realized that they can't suck Rick's dick as hard, so they went all out to make Jerry look bad.

I miss when the show was just zaniness and whatever Roiland thought of, Channel 101 style.
>>
>>94834164
>THIS THIS THIS XD
I want summer to end already.
>>
>>94835172
I hated how the episode didn't treat it that way. Also Rick's speech was stupid, since he ditched Beth yet acts like Jerry took her from him. Jerry at least stays in his kids' lives as best he can.
>>
>>94836241
Summer never ends, because its in your mind
>>
>>94836264
I'm sure Jerry would have called Rick out on that shit if he wasn't being eaten.
>>
File: image.png (594KB, 1827x2347px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
594KB, 1827x2347px
>>94836310
She sure is
>>
>wanted to read a discussion on the show
>thread is just people repeatedly saying female writers
Kill yourselves and make the world a little bit more bearable that way.
>>
>>94834845
>>94834913

This.
Alternate Dimension Jerry was successful on his own. Jerry is damaged goods.
>>
>>94834164
This
>>
>>94835942
yes,but a jerk is better than a monster. The worst things he has done are human. The worst things everyone else has done is completely mounstrous.
Her family has ruined the life of a bunch of species. Jerry made some people in pluto mad.
>>
File: 1500235175741.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500235175741.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>94834164
pretty much, the writing has been shit from the beginning but now jerry is fucked
I mean holy shit fans of the show actually watch this fucking clip and hate jerry and laugh with summer, identifying with him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUtyzQ09jSI
It's like they took the most concentrated form of millennial narcissism, added as much lack of self awareness as possible, and made it a show
>>
File: 1502664045174.png (278KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1502664045174.png
278KB, 500x381px
>>94836545
>"You're holding me verbally hostage"
>>
>>94834201
iirc it happened right before Harmon-quest
>>
>>94836757
Wasn't his wife the barbarian?

I guess that explains why he went gay for one of the guest characters
>>
>>94834094
A divorce needs time to recover from. Especially if it's the woman that puts it on the man. Double so when the man is as spineless as Jerry. The Whirly Dirly episode may be his road to finding success, but feeling sorry for yourself and wallowing in self pity for a week or so after a divorce is common.
>>
>>94834094
But Jerry has never been successful. Why would losing his family suddenly make him more capable?

And Jerry is like the anti-Rick. If he wasn't useless there'd be less animosity between them and make the character dynamic less entertaining.
>>
>>94836165
>Make Jerry your self insert
>Go out of your way to make him as pathetic as possible
>People start sympathizing with him because he's the only normal decent man in the show
>Go out your way to make people hate him, even if it's out of character
>It's still your self insert

How does one man be this much of a cuck
>>
File: jerrys apartment.png (289KB, 852x438px) Image search: [Google]
jerrys apartment.png
289KB, 852x438px
I want to know how the hell his apartment works.
>>
>>94837956

I hope someone got fired over that one.
>>
>>94836545

You forget the context though. Jerry is unemployed during that scene and fishing for money from his daughter anyway.
>>
>>94837956
what's the view from outside?
>>
>>94837956
It's not likely to be done, but it's not architecturally impossible.
>>
>Rick murders universes on the regular without even having a god reason
>Jerry is a pushover and kind of manipulative, but still fairly decent
>Rick gets everything he wants when he wants it no matter how absurd, Jerry is repeatedly shat on
this doesn't seem to be a feel good show
>>
>>94837956
>>94837987

WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE? THAT THIS IS SOME KIND OF MAGIC XYLOPHONE?
>>
>>94837956
The last apartment in the row would make this possible.
>>
>>94836264
It's easier for Rick to blame Jerry than to acknowledge he fucked up with his daughter.
>>
>>94834272
Cant wait for her to get blacked in the show that'll really show jerry
>you see morty blurgh white women were made burp for black cock
>>
>>94838234
So Morty will be like his Grandfather on his father's side with Jessica
>>
Everyone in the Smith family is a terrible person.

This isn't just the writers shitting on Jerry. Rick's gotten a lot of shit the past few episodes with nobody taking his side anymore, quite a few instances of characters calling him out on his bullshit, and multiple near-deaths. Beth and Summer have had the same thing. Morty of all people is the heart and backbone of the family, and he's a jaded bitter kid with murderous tendencies that sometimes pees himself.

The only reason Jerry comes off as more sympathetic than the rest is because he's the only character besides Morty who acknowledges how much of a problem Rick is, but that doesn't mean he's not a problem himself.
>>
>>94834164
well shoot
>>
>>94836482

So in other words, they took the Family Guy episode where Meg learned she had to be the one the family shat on otherwise they'd fall apart but switched out Jerry for Meg.
>>
>why hasn't jerry bounced back and started a successful acting career one month after his divorce?
Right now you still have absolutely no idea what direction they will take the characters.
>>
>>94838075

This. Lots of shitty wayhouses like that have a weird square U shape. If Jerry's apartment was on one of the inside bends it would fit perfectly.
>>
>>94838287
Exactly everything comes full circle the writers are hacks life is shit and i got the barrel of a 12 gauge shotgun under my chin
>sweet release
>>
>>94834094
Yeah that's how it was supposed to be, like in Drake and Josh.
>>94834164
Then the women nation attacked.
>>
>>94838317
I know where Theyre gonna take it, straight to the trash bin
>>
>>94834094
If he excels then so does beth. That alt dimension they were both "successful" but unfulfilled emotionally. It's be weird that he would excel alone and not also her.

It'd be interesting to see them both make attempts at the goals they have that they've blamed each other for not reaching. Beth trying to go back to school and become some human neuro surgeon. Jerry joining improv and trying to get into acting or whatever. They get some kinda success at it maybe. Realize love is important and yadda yadda. Maybe Rick gets involved trying to convince beth not to go back to him but she gives some speech about no longer wanting to be like him, wanting to have love in her life or some such shit. Empathy isn't weakness like rick likes to act or some such shit.

Still funny to me that /co/ and reddit like jerry so much despite him just being a male peggy hill.
>>
>>94838370
wow sick burn try writing a plot instead of plot holes amirite
>>
The entire divorce subplot is retarded and part of the reason this season has sucked so far.
>>
>>94838383
If Beth has primary custody then she would have a very full schedule without jerry helping with the chores.

I could see success for her at the expense of morty and summer.
>>
>>94838492
Why? Can no one relate to the problems that come with a divorce? Do people not want to see tv families deal with their issues?
>>
>>94838515
Its boring and preachy as fuck. They had an interesting over-arching plot set up from the get go this season, and they decided to solve it all in one episode and make the whole rest of the season about divorce shit. Women writers do ruin everything.
>>
>>94834094
The writers were completely exchanged. Whatever plot the old writers had for Jerry, they can't act up to it, because they were fired and will never return.
So far it doesn't seem like the new writers were smart enough to catch the drift about where their predecessor were going with him.

>Jerry excel without Beth
Wrong. Jerry excels without Rick. Problem is, Rick needs Jerry to create Morty. Jerry can do well with Beth and Summer, as he keeps killing Mantes and Cronenbergs like a motherfucker.
>>
>>94838496
She barely has to watch the kids even when her and jerry were together. Rick takes them out for adventures and shit. Hell recent episode is the most direct parenting she does what with talking to her daughter. Otherwise both are teens and you don't have to be on their ass like small children. A lot of parents, once their kids are in their teens, feel they can go back to school.

And actual chores like cooking and cleaning jerry was never shown doing. For all we know rick has some robot doing that shit. Jerry was kinda just a bum laying around the house after he lost his job.
>>
>>94838418
Damn right son and kill all niggers too
>>
>>94838515
None of us are middle age divorced fags we're young goys
>>
>>94837749
arnold rimmer?
>>
>>94837956
I thought he lived in a motel? Like the seedy pay by the week ones
>>
I really disliked the whole "Jerry made Beth feel bad for him in order to get with her" thing because it completely demolishes what was established in the previous seasons, he was pathetic but when push comes to shove he could go far. Whenever their marriage seemed to be stable it was thanks for Jerry's efforts and never Beth's
>He being a Cronenberg apocalypse badass
>The deer surgery
>Couples counseling(Ok, Beth did help, but it was mostly Jerry, they would both die if she didn't anyway)
>Even in another reality it was Jerry the one who looked for Beth
He's also the only one with a spine to stand up to Rick who's clearly fucking up the family

I'm going to trigger some /co/mblrs here but really
>Original writers are replaced with a bunch of who's
>Show goes to shit
What could be the problem here guys? Now Rick can solve anything with ease and he's always right so the writers use him to vessel their own opinions. In the previous ones he was really smart but not Deus Ex Machina like he is now and would struggle sometimes
Also the "You gave my sister body image issues" scene
>>
>>94838383
>Still funny to me that /co/ and reddit like jerry so much despite him just being a male peggy hill.
It's probably because despite being an egomaniac Peggy rarely gets her comeuppance and is overall successful whereas Jerry still has an ego issue but he's no where near successful and even when he makes attempt to be even a little better the universe shits on him.
>>
>>94839116
While I agree with you on all points, I feel I should point out this episode was written by Ryan Ridley who's been on the show since season 1. Hell, he even wrote Meeseeks and Destroy. You think he'd have a better grasp of the characters but I guess he could be phoning it in at this point.

I think the show has hit a point of popularity where they could have an episode with Rick taking a shit in slow motion, with some speech tacked on at the end and it would hailed as the greatest episode ever.
>>
>>94839116
>I really disliked the whole "Jerry made Beth feel bad for him in order to get with her" thing because it completely demolishes what was established in the previous seasons, he was pathetic but when push comes to shove he could go far.
That was just Rick's take on the situation. We know he has a rather tainted view their marriage.
>>
>>94839317
Some people said that they just rotate writers to credit at the end and the actual plot is written by the team in the same room
>>
>>94839116
>>Original writers are replaced with a bunch of who's
>>Show goes to shit
Ryan Ridley wrote this episode my man.
>>
>>94838840
Runner was always an unlikeable slime ball. The fact that the writers relish in it is what makes him so great. It creates a character so awful that you can't help but love him. It makes the times he actually saves the day or does something right even better.

I'm still mad that they cut out the follow-up to series 6 where Rimmer saves the crew and recorrects time.
Also it's why "The Beginning" is one of the best episodes.
>>
>>94834094
This episode was the episode that starts Jerry down the path towards being better

Beth was obviously the more toxic force behind the relationship as proven in these last few episodes. With her out of his Life, Jerry has more room to thrive as an individual, and move not technically beyond the persona of a weakling, but to not solely rely on it as his means of moving forward.

But i'm pretty sure by the end of this season Jerry will be at a very good place in his life and that is when Beth will probably crawl back to him after Rick goes to far or Morty bitches her out one more time for sucking rick's dick too much.

Can't decide if it would be funnier for Jerry to reject Beth or for him to crawl back and live under even worse conditions than before he left.
>>
>>94834094
>>94834164

>t. Jerries
>>
>>94834983
>>94835087
well like Rick said Jerry isn't prey he's a predator. Alt Jerry shows that when push comes to shove (or if Ricks not around) he can become a badass. "our" Jerry has never had to though so he falls back on what he knows-being pathetic to illicit pity sex
>>
File: Jon Stewart secret origin.jpg (87KB, 620x493px) Image search: [Google]
Jon Stewart secret origin.jpg
87KB, 620x493px
It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
>>
>>94839317

He has to work with the other writers, and build on their stories.

But at least he understood that THERAPY is boring and giant inverted flesh giants are much more Rick and Morty.
>>
>>94839037
shitty inner city apartments in a high rise shape, resemble motels. Wouldn't be surprised if motels that go out of business/get shut down get bought cheap and turned into apartments
>>
Okay, all of this is just my guesswork but hear me out.

Beth and Jerry have been in a relationship since prom in high school. Summer is 17 so they've been together for let's say 18 years (17 plus nine months pregnancy plus a few months in high school for them to be in a relationship to go to prom together)
Now remember that episode where they went for marriage counseling? They were co-dependent on each other. Which is a very fucked up yet very hard relationship to break away from. They've been in that relationship for almost two decades and it started before they were even legal adults. Nobody even really starts knowing who they are until they're 18-21ish. So you don't even really know who you are, get in a relationship/start a family with someone in the same boat as not knowing who they are/spend more time together than you were alive before you met them. That's bound to give you issues there.

From Beth's point of view: she's already got her own drinking problems/daddy issues in the first place. Usually women with larger than life know it all dads who they idolize end up with Jerry types because they can be manipulated and made to make the Beth types feel needed and important which they lacked feeling in childhood. Also Beth was left with two kids who clearly don't need her that much and are kind of assholes themselves so she's losing it because everything she'd built to get as close to being needed/"happiness" as she could bring herself is crumbling which whether or not she realizes it, is caused by the man she idolizes and has given her the majority of these issues (genetically or environmentally) in the first place.
>>
>>94839433
Read >>94839421
But yeah, I didn't like the other ones except the first. I forgot everything about Mad Max, I had seen all the good parts of Pickle Rick on trailers and previews before seeing the actual episode and Vindicators relied too much on gore and "Ants kills Train, tries to protect Rick and Morty(why kill Morty?) and is killed by Supernova" was too forced
>>
>>94834845
He openly stated he was miserable and intentionally torpedoed his career in that universe, he was not happy.

Also how in the hell can someone call a guy who was willing to let a home invader do whatever he wanted to his kids just so he wouldn't hurt him, likable?
>>
He's still hung up on his family. Once he moves on, he'll do well.
>>
>All these people defending the bad writing because a man wrote it.

1. No one writes these things alone. They are still round table'd by everyone and then approved by the the heads.

2. The season has dropped in quality, and the blame falls upon all the writers, but especially the new ones. The decision to hire new writers, besides their genders, was stupid and the show has suffered for it.
>>
File: Doofus_Rick.png (17KB, 360x730px) Image search: [Google]
Doofus_Rick.png
17KB, 360x730px
>>94834164
I'm sure if this base guy will invite Jerry to his dimension and shit will turn out great for him I don't think it was confirmed he died with the other Ricks
>>
>>94839658

I'm gonna call it now:

>Jerry moves on
>become successful, builds a life for himself
>he's happy, about to celebrate one of the biggest wins in his life
>either rick OR morty kicks the door down and drags his ass back kicking and screaming to his family
>he throws away the new life he built anyway because he loves them anyway

>next time we see Jerry he's back to being what he was before despite everything
>>
>>94839728
That or he is such a dumbass that he can't hold down a job. The guy was so pathetic he let a fucking starving street mutt mess with him. I encountered them before and they are easy as piss to scare off.

Don't forget, this was a guy who was such a dumbass that he thought people would go for 'Hungry for apples?' as a slogan for ads.
>>
>>94839765
Dumber campaigns have worked.
>>
>>94839783

A message from the National pancake institute: fuck waffles
>>
File: 1489436577718.png (186KB, 457x548px) Image search: [Google]
1489436577718.png
186KB, 457x548px
>>94834094
Starting to become worried about the amount of self-insertion /co/ is doing with Jerry.
>>
>>94839243
I can't think of a time jerry has ever made a sincere attempt to better himself. Name it.

Also peggy get comeuppance just not enough. Still I do remember finding joy when she literally ended up near dying off a plane, all the times cotton called her out, every time she got caught bullshitting spanish, proven wrong by hank, and the ponzi schemes blowing up in her face.
>>
>>94839783
Now we got people who are so contrarian they are trying to pretend that a half assed ripoff of got milk would be something worth paying for as an ad.
>>
File: B5-Agreeableness-Graph-500.jpg (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
B5-Agreeableness-Graph-500.jpg
105KB, 500x500px
>>94839116
actually that would show Jerry knew exactly what he was doing. That it all really was an act, because spineless cowards don't magically answer the call to bravado unless they are super agreeable which demands they know what they are doing and are manipulating the scene.
>>
WOMAN WRITERS WOMAN WRITERS WOMAN WRITERS
Jesus Christ /co/, let me explain how you get credited for writing any episode of a television show. Alright?

You write a script based on a tagline a director or producer puts out. After it gets picked you're now credited as the writer. After it's picked it's sent over to the writer's room where they tear it to shit, pick over it, replace jokes, swap out plot lines for others, and that's just the start as the episode director and the showrunner will sit down, and either approve it for story boarding or send it back for further revisions. AND THEN, Storyboarders will rearrange the script, change lines, change punchlines or set-ups, swap around scenes, and even change out characters. AND THEN. The director and showrunner sit down again, review everything, do a live reading to see how the actors like the sound of the script and they'll even switch out lines or change up the pacing, back to story borders, back to the director, and off to Korea where it'll get animated.

There is so much more that goes into a single episode than just WOMAN WRITERS, give it a fucking rest.
>>
>>94839895
That's when Beth comes in, she doesn't act like she's with Jerry for pity, she always acts condescending and kicking the man when he's down. It would make more sense to say that Jerry just acts weak so Beth can feel superior to someone
>>
File: 1502514977334.jpg (54KB, 1024x607px) Image search: [Google]
1502514977334.jpg
54KB, 1024x607px
https://youtu.be/9VN9206cXI0

Those rumors of the last rick and morty episode being s trump episode don't seem so far fetched.

Christ, if they don't renew the show they might really end an otherwise good show on such a bad note.
Fuck.
>>
File: 527436847981342.gif (72KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
527436847981342.gif
72KB, 499x281px
>>94839116
I agree with,>>94839895 even though that's giving writers more credit then they should get with this show. Jerry hates confrontation. In the Cronenberg apocalypse all rules of society were destroyed thus what is he needing to be agreeable for? His deer surgery demanded that they make it look like Beth failed and all parties were pleased except Beth until later. Couples counseling was a mix of being like Cronenberg where all that could judge him but Beth were gone/dead and the fact that he got a wake up call how pathetic Beth really saw him. And it took Cloud Atlas Jerry nearly 20 years to chase down Beth -after- a mental meltdown, he wasn't sober when he chased her, he was a half shaved and crazed mad man being chased by the police. I feel the writers didn't think it through this far but Rick's assessment of Jerry's personality was spot on.
>>
>>94840005
So you're saying the problem is with women directors and storyboarders?
>>
>>94834094
I feel like that's the logical next step. Hopefully now that they've got the Jerry at his lowest point arc out of the way and he's self-aware of how he used pity as a weapon this'd be a funny arc, especially with how unstable Beth is becoming.
>>
File: rick-morty-gary-blast.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
rick-morty-gary-blast.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>94840095
>she doesn't act like she's with Jerry for pity
She said she is thrice in season 1 and at least once in season 2

Remember what Beth said to him after this scene?
>"I'm a parasite"
>"I know Jerry, but your my parasite"
>>
>>94840121
>this is what getting married and divorced looks like
not even once.
>>
I'm pretty sure Beth is falling apart and Jerry is succeeding, just slowly. Jerry gained some kind of weird confidence/self respect thing at the end of episode 4, and Beth was making art out of pieces of horse and also tried doing things she clearly was not capable of doing, like fixing summer. By the end of the season Beth might be a train wreck and Jerry may be relatively normal
>>
>>94840131
This makes more sense, but I still don't see Jerry as a "predator"

>>94840223
She just says "Yeah, but you're real". How were the other times?
>>
>>94840095
>she always acts condescending and kicking the man when he's down.
irl That's normally how things go when you are around people out of pity alone, it turns to resentment and constant dissidence. Remember, we are seeing the marriage after 18+ years of this, not day one. We need to see those first few years to understand if pity was a driving factor. Also a superiority complex demands you pity those around you or you will go nuts rationalizing why you are around such lower people.
>>
>>94840142
Are Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon women?
>>
>>94834983
STOP ADDING ELIPSES YOU FUCKING CHILD

YOU DON'T END A SENTENCE LIKE THAT AND EXPECTED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.
>>
>>94840433
*Justine and Daniel
>>
>>94840433
I think we shouldn't assume their genders... I'm just talking shite here, I'll stop, but some episodes are credited to Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon tho
>>
>>94840338
>She just says "Yeah, but you're real"
my bad but that's what I'm getting at, her tone, how she looks at him, how she sounds, it's nothing but pity.

>How were the other times?
Anatomy Park
Beth talking to the Parents
Meeseeks and Destroy Beth talking to the Meeseeks and the after rant
Rixty Minutes when they were throwing jabs at each other over the relationship.
>>
>>94840433

see >>94839679
>>
>>94840121
>claiming that a third of his country's people are nazis
Holy shit he is losing his mind.
>>
>>94840606
Okay, as someone whose worked in a writer's room, that is complete bullshit. I worked in a room with 50/50 male female and even new people would be flat out told their ideas were stupid, or their jokes weren't as witty as they thought they were, or the director would shoot down obviously shitty ideas.

If you want someone to blame, it's the show runners and the director, they allow the bullshit to seep through.
>>
>>94840542
For me it sounded more annoyed and tired. I would have to watch those episodes again tho, I don't remember most Beth scenes

>>94840396
I agree, it would be necessary to see their early years and I feel there will be an episode that shows how they met
>>
>>94840121
Who is steven andrew and why is he playing defense force in the comments so fucking hard?
>>
>>94835470
This is starting to sound like how the Griffins in Family Guy treat Meg
>>
>>94840734
i couldn't say.
the guy is a faggot though posting at every comment he can.
>>
Give it time, they're playing it right by evoking sympathy for Jez
>>
>>94840095
I think Rick can only rationalize Beth ending up with Jerry because she felt sorry for him. He's completely blind to all of her emotional issues that would draw her to a person that she has control over, most of which are his fault in the first place. In Rick's mind, Jerry manipulated her into marriage, when he was probably just lucky loser that she happened to latch onto.
>>
>>94839783

For example, Donald trump
>>
>>94840734
his profile makes it sound like he's trying to get into TV work. He might be white knighting.
>>
>>94841325
i'd hate to see his tumblr account and who he follows
>>
Jesus christ what the hell is happening to /co/. This place use to be about comics and cartoons but now every day It's like everyone went full tilt on "eeeewww women!!" on everything. You fuckers are literally nega-tumblr.
>>
>>94834094
I think he might start doing better once he gets over Beth. At the moment he's still clinging to her instead of moving forward and ultimately I think that's holding him back from succeeding.
>>94834164
To be fair, Beth isn't exactly excelling without Jerry either. She's making creepy sculptures out of horse parts and being a terrible, abusive parent.
It's just that Jerry's failure is more pathetic while Beth's is more psychotic and unbalanced.
>>
I remember during one comic con panel Harmon said that Beth and Jerry will never get a divorce because he likes the idea that their marriage was just a fight away from ending. Although I agree that after a while it gets boring to see them fighting each episode just so that by the end they resolve their problems, and then fight again etc etc.

Season 2 went all the way to make Jerry unlikable and pathetic, now it seems like they're just mocking him and making Beth a cunt. He seemed to get his act together by the end of this episode, so let's see if they will make him a stronger character or keep ridiculing him.
>>
>>94840121
>Last episode of Season 3 is a Trump episode
Why is Rick and Morty always at least a year too late with their pop-culture references? It was the same with their Inception episode, you know, the one that was basically just a sci-fi themed version of the Inception parody episode of South Park but 2 years later? Now they're gonna make Trump jokes after everyone except for people who REALLY don't like him stopped caring because it's been like a year since he was elected and people got used to it.
>>
File: 1477770377726.jpg (16KB, 139x203px) Image search: [Google]
1477770377726.jpg
16KB, 139x203px
>>94841618
>Trump
>Late pop-culture

This isn't a Biff thing. He's still the president. As long as he continues to be a president he will be shat on.
>>
>>94841570
True, but the last episode felt promising. I think Jerry will always be a coward but if he can start to have some more self respect and stop acting so pathetic all the time then it would make his character much more bearable. Personally I think the best thing they could do for his character is make him get over Beth. Not necessarily stop caring about her at all but just move past it and accept that they're divorced and the marriage is over. Personally I would love to see a more confident, free Jerry.

Hell, based on the last episode Jerry and Rick might even be able to get along pretty well if Jerry was over Beth. Which for the short time that it was on screen in the last episode was actually a pretty nice dynamic.
>>
>>94841704
Yeah but it's still a bit late to be going all "Oh my god it's Trump! He's president! Holy Shit!"

Like, it's been a year, most people are over the "Holy shit that happened" phase and have moved more into either a grudging acceptance or a quiet realization that he's really not that different from any other republican candidate and that they were tricked into thinking he was going to actually go through with all these crazy policies he was promising before he was elected (depending on their political leanings).
>>
>>94841808
So you're saying we should just ignore and not criticize the the things someone put in charge of America.

That's a great way for someone in power to get away with things.
>>
>>94841618

>Writing
>Storyboarding
>Animating
>Voice Acting
>Release Schedule

I don't know anon.
>>
>>94836416
S3 finale

> Rick sees how dysfunctional the Smith family has become since the divorce. Morty scares him a little, Summer's engaging in self-destructive behavior and Beth is becoming needier than ever.

> Could just vacate to another universe, but too lazy.

> Decides to help Jerry and Beth get back together for his own convenience.

> Finds Jerry is doing pretty well for himself. Has a stable job, dating a reasonably attractive woman, making new friends.

> Rick proceeds to ruin Jerry's new life.

> Beth encounters a rebroken Jerry. His pathetic nature has her take pity on him and she allows him to come home.

> Season ends with Jerry thinking Rick threw him a bone, but Rick lets him know through a rant that it's all for his (Rick's) benefit, much like his rant to Morty at the end of s3e1.

> The search for the sauce continues
>>
>>94841895

The shadow government has blocked his every move outside of the republican main stream, the only thing has bluster has done is scare illegals out of the country.

Politically majority of his political decisions have been in center of republican wheelhouse. Even kicking bannon out and reinforcing afghanistan as we play a 3way proxy war there. The military industrial complex always gets what it wants.
>>
>>94841388
This your first day outside of the general?
>>
>>94841388

People have been criticizing their quota diversity hire since it was announced. Where have you been?
>>
>>94839657
Not to mention the time he let Beth get glassed by a hobo with a broken bottle
>>
>>94840455
>someone accidentally pressing the period key one extra time (not several, just one extra time) set you off this much
Wew lad.
>>
>>94841895
>That's a great way for someone in power to get away with things.

Because all the pop culture mocking of W Bush certainly did stop a war and torture! Yep! God bless those comics stopping the evil government!.
>>
>>94840131
I just realized cronenberg apocalypse jerry is exactly like that not-mad-max guy summer was with. Duh.
>>
>>94834164
I do. It's pretty much all I want out of this season. Then again, I always end up rooting for the characters that the show most actively shits on.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.