[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were cava paintings the first comic books? If so, aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 84505-004-9AE8CD22.jpg (35KB, 550x363px) Image search: [Google]
84505-004-9AE8CD22.jpg
35KB, 550x363px
Were cava paintings the first comic books? If so, aren't comic books the first art, thus, deserving of more respect and consideration among art enthusiasts?
>>
>>94833916
I don't see no panels.
>>
File: 1457007389-0.jpg (36KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
1457007389-0.jpg
36KB, 600x597px
>>94833916
>mfw Ugg say Marble is better than B.C.
Unga me Bunga
>>
>>94833916
Sequential art, yes.
>>
Not a book
>>
They are considered early forms of comics, yes.

But despite that the exact definition of comics is still not fully agreed upon because there are things that most would consider comics but aren't really sequential art, and things that are sequential art but that few would consider comics.

The idea of comics/sequential art being a distinct style from other 2D art is still a relatively new thing and not everyone in the art world even agrees that it is. If it is, then yes, sequential art is the oldest style of art because every single known culture has used it in some form or another. But ironically that's one of the very things that makes it controversial to be its own form: if sequential art is the oldest and most ubiquitous form of depiction, then that would make "static" art a subset of comics instead of the other way around.
>>
File: 1498870549762.jpg (3MB, 3264x1842px) Image search: [Google]
1498870549762.jpg
3MB, 3264x1842px
Have an evocative pic.
>>
>>94837589
Would you fuck an Australopithecus female who was begging for mating, /co/?
>>
>>94834128
cavemen were Pre-panel. it was a simpler time
>>
File: swole.png (148KB, 172x309px) Image search: [Google]
swole.png
148KB, 172x309px
Jesus, that chimp is ripped to carry a rock that big in one arm.
>>
>>94837738
Neanderthal, yes, Erectus, maybe, Australopithecus, nooooooo
>>
Cave paintings are FAR from the first art nigga. The first art would've been singing. If we're specifically limiting it to pictorial art, then the first art was drawn in the dirt with a finger.
>>
unga bunga
>>
>>94837197
>things that are sequential art but that few would consider comics.

Like what?
>>
>>94837197
Are you retarded? How are sequential cave paintings the oldest human art in ANY way? Oldest SURVIVING art is not the same as oldest. To suggest otherwise is farcical buffoonery.
>>
>>94833916
No

They used the flickering light of campfires to create the impression of motion, thus they were the first animated gifs
>>
>>94839162
That is hardly a representation of the majority of cave paintings. Hell, the majority of cave paintings aren't sequential at all. They certainly weren't "the first art".

This thread is retarded.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.