[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else find it creepy that a bald middle aged men is writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 10.12.12DanSlottByLuigiNovi1.jpg (24KB, 220x207px) Image search: [Google]
10.12.12DanSlottByLuigiNovi1.jpg
24KB, 220x207px
Anybody else find it creepy that a bald middle aged men is writing about teenagers?
>>
>>94833783
Not really, no.
>>
File: 1503084490853.gif (2MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1503084490853.gif
2MB, 360x203px
>>94833783
You're a feminist?
>>
>>94833783
>creepy
have you changed your tampon sweetie
>>
File: mark_waid.jpg (35KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
mark_waid.jpg
35KB, 425x640px
>>94833783
a little bit
>>
>>94833783
No because it's his job and he's being paid to write it? Not saying he does it well but that's like calling a director a pervert for filming a sex scene in his movie.
>>
>>94833783
Slott doesn't write about teenagers though. He writes about 20 somethings more successful than him.

Which is worse, really.
>>
>>94833783
No creepier than a man in his mid-forties writing about hip teenagers and a fifty year old man drawing them. And that was Marvel's zenith of creativity.

The only actual teenager who wrote about teenage superheroes for Marvel or DC was Jim Shooter at 14, partly because he was 6'5 at that tender age and could pass for an adult, DC editorial didn't know he was still a legal minor. Apart from that it's always been grown men and woman writing these teen characters. The youngest manga creators I know of were the team of Yudetamago, they got Kinnikuman published in Shonen Jump when they were seventeen, in their final year of high school.
>>
>>94833783
are you retarded?
>>
>>94833783
Creepy? No. But I do find his writing so very terrible. That has less to do with his age and more his skill.

The same goes for Waid and Champions.
>>
>>94833783
Not as creepy as young adult to middle-aged men writing themselves as long interest to female superheroes. Coughhopelesscough.
>>
>>94834150
Love interest fuck me why did I write that shit.
>>
File: 259863-109931-terry-long.jpg (37KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
259863-109931-terry-long.jpg
37KB, 480x480px
>>94833991
>partly because he was 6'5 at that tender age and could pass for an adult, DC editorial didn't know he was still a legal minor
I've passed that story around and it needs to stop because it isn't true. They knew how young he was because he never made any attempt to lie about it. Sheldon Mayer treated him like shit to his face but repeatedly referred to him as his kid protege when he wasn't around, and on more than one occasion Jim's mother accompanied him to New York City.

Do yourself a favor and read his blog; a chunk of it is him whitewashing his own deeds but it's still a fascinating account of the industry at the Big Two regardless.

>>94834150
>Coughhopelesscough
That's not how you spell Marv Wolfman
>>
>>94834210
>That's not how you spell Marv Wolfman
Same thing, different time.
>>
>>94834228
I try to avoid Hopeless, who's his self-insert at Marvel?
>>
not that specific old man but ive found the fascination with high school odd. it exists in anime too.
>>
>>94835318
Everyone peaked in high school, even the unpopular nerds.
>>
Adam Warren should take over ASM
>>
>>94834268
Porcupine, who's currently fucking Spider-Woman.
>>
>>94834268
Apex is Hopeless' self inset. After Hopeless kills Mettle, Apex gets hitched to Hazmat.

Although the romance plot he had going on with Angel/Laura in All-New X-Men was even more disturbing. I mean, I don't mean to sound like Tumblr, but it seemed abusive as fuck.
>>
A little I don't mind Slott writing besides the fact that its shit I'm creeped out by writers like James Patterson writing teenage girl love plots
>>
>>94835427
Fuck Hopeless what he did to Sentinel/Juston was the worst
I hate that fucking faggot hope he kills himself
also Jessica was actually a competent and kinda badass character before he touched her
>>
>>94835489
Amen. Hopeless is cancerous to nearly any franchise he touches. I mean, I am one of those few people who enjoyed Jessica before Bendis even touched her. So... take my opinions with a grain of salt.
>>
>>94835613
I loved Jessica it Kot's Secret Avengers
the only people that liked Hopeless' run are people who have never read anything with her before but liked the idea of her
>>
You can write what you aren't easy
>>
>>94835318
you find it odd that comic books and cartoons that want to appeal to a young audience would pander to them by placing characters at a similar age in a relatable environment to them?
>>
>>94833783
Who would you have do it? Actual teenagers aren't employable as writers, fanfiction.net has gigs worth of proof why.
>>
>>94833783

Is it creepy because he's a man?
>>
>>94833783
Wait, what teenagers is Slott writing?
>>
are teens suppose to write about teens? teens are stupid
>>
You're one of those faggots who still thinks Peter is a teenager aren't you? If I knew how I'd hunt you the fuck down and beat the living shit out of you.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.