[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tropes you want to see MORE of. >Heroic characters that are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 62

File: 1463615641500.gif (352KB, 461x338px) Image search: [Google]
1463615641500.gif
352KB, 461x338px
Tropes you want to see MORE of.

>Heroic characters that are beloved by their peers, but around villains are horrific blood knights that enjoy toying with villains way too much. But otherwise are kind hearted and good natured, they just REALLY love thrashing villains.

come to think of it, does anyone have any examples of this trope? I have a vague recollection of some but no details come to mind.

>Villains having a strict code they adhere to, refusing to deviate from it, treating their villainy more as a job than anything
>>
>villain kicks hero's ass while singing villain song
>hero later kicks villain's ass while singing reprise of that song
>>
>>94821929
>Heroic Ace of the show, the one who seldom appears but ALWAYS kicks ass, inexplicable has a badass tune start playing whenever they show up, and everyone else hears the tune as well.
>>
>>94821778
Well anon, there's Sonic. He's not horrifically brutal but he just loves to snark at all of his enemies and we know he's liked/respected by the other characters. And there are examples of him stating that he loves messing with Eggman.
>>
>A male and female character have an attraction to each other
>They actually get to know one another bond over an adventure
I at least don't see this alot, it's usually quick and too the point.
>>
>>94821778
Gohan?
>>
>>94822070
oh fuck yeah shit..he completely missed my mind, which is odd since Im a huge Sonic.

Personally Id love to see something akin to Guts from Berserk only less asshole and more heroic and friendly.

basically take Superman and give him Gut's love for fighting and change nothing else though.
>>
>>94821778

>Minor antagonist pops up but is not exactly a bad dude and holds a grudge over the group of heroes/certain hero
>Really evil guy shows up and fucks shit up against the heroes
>Minor antagonist pops in at the last second to save the day with either "I will be the to beat them" or "he finally has a reason to change his heart
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>94821778
>the character everyone thought was an idiot turns out to be/becomes smart
>hero character is secretly a sociopath
>>
>>94822342
Now I get what you're saying, yeah I got nothing on that. Gonna need a character for him to bounce off of, maybe make the villain important to him?
>>
File: alberto.png (345KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
alberto.png
345KB, 640x480px
>Character thought lost comes back to sacrifice themselves
>>
>superhero's sidekick breaks bad and turns into the most coldblooded villain in said hero's rogue gallery, murdering people just to see his creator suffer in guilt.
>>
Spiderman
>>
>Mysterious character is hidden in the shadows/off-screen/something along those lines
>Says a familiar phrase that reveals they're a character who hasn't been seen in a long time.
>>
>>94822537
Static Shock.
>>
>Villain has good goals, but the wrong way of going about them
>After they're defeated, one of the heroes decides to accomplish said goals with better methods of doing so
>>
> regular henchmen that has to help supervillain to guard his evil keep to feed his family, and gets beaten the shit out by superhero that invades it.
>>
>>94822472
have the villain be a card carrying type. evil for the lulz and is unable to really comprehend good BUT follows a strict ruleset of how to go about being a villain and isnt a total monster.
>>
Hero fucking snaps and ragdolls the villain and their minion/lackeys/comrades.

with music akin to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvVth8YMI3w to show they are NOT to be fucked with and are quite unhinged.
>>
File: Excellente.jpg (386KB, 1600x943px) Image search: [Google]
Excellente.jpg
386KB, 1600x943px
>>94821778
>Good character turns into a vampire or similar
>Hero purges the abomination without a second thought
To be honest, I have never seen that scenario
>>
>>94822392
>hero character is secretly a sociopath

You might like this then
>>
>>94821778

>Character is listening to music
>Enemy appears
>It stops playing as they fight
>After the enemy is killed, it picks up where it left off
>>
Child character acts very serious.

In private does very perverted acts but is still very serious about them.
>>
>>94823188
fuck he did nothing wrong
his girlfriend was an asshole and everyone took him for granted
>>
File: 1LS3h.jpg (178KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1LS3h.jpg
178KB, 1200x675px
>the villain (or just an antagonist) is so powerful/unstoppable in the given situation that the protagonists are nothing to them
>the protagonists are either have to find ways to deal with the enemy later on or completely focus on staying alive for the entire time
>>
>>94823618
This >>94823188
>>
>>94821778
>Small creature/person crawling around in women's clothes tickling them in the process, forcing them to squirm around
>>
>Invincible antagonist actually being unbeatable
>Tournament arcs with a focus on what goes on in between the fights
>Scenes of characters actually being good, decent parents, especially if the parents are edgelords
>Villains being friends with each other
>Character with large, OP powerset actually using the full extent of their powerset in combat, and creating combos within their powerset
>Uncensored/effective scenes of medical horror
>A main character becomes vengeance filled Terminator, actually does evil actions, and actions are not excused
>In general, more creepy/disturbing/psychedelic content in cartoons
>>
>Main character is forced to fight their best friend for whatever reason
>They are perfectly evenly matched fighting eachother
>Eventhough main character is always seen to be better when they're fighting on the same side
>The moment when the best friend thinks they're holding back and gets angry
>That moment when their signature attacks collide
>That moment when you find out that the main character wasn't holding back at all
>>
>Girl with cartoonishly long hair
>Sometimes uses it as hammerspace storage.
>>
>>94821778
Heroic parents trying to redeem their villainous children or heroic children trying to redeem their villainous parents.
Extra drama points if both of them and the heroic/villainous parent starts seeing the heroic/villainous child as their 'real' child or vice versa.
Like, one of the motivations for Shock, the teenage lightning villainess is that her parents Galeforce and M(r)s Quick adopted and mentored her future archenemy Gravitor, son of her own superiors Nuclear Force and Magnetra.
>Magnetra is trying to draw her son to the dark side by setting him up with Shock, but she's jealous of his acclaim.
It would make for some awkward holiday dinners.
>>
File: 1501474731052.png (114KB, 263x265px) Image search: [Google]
1501474731052.png
114KB, 263x265px
>joke character for the most part is just there for comedy relief and no one ever bothers them
>villain targets them for a change
>joke character goes apeshit and becomes the scariest motherfucker
>>
>Hero gets a power-up and begins to kick a whole spectrum of ass
>Awesome music to go with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A52--FKUQgU
>>
>Hero gets trounced
>Hero gets up
>Hero gets knocked down again
>Hero takes a second and gets back up
>Hero gets knocked down a third time
>Hero seems to be getting stronger each time he gets up
>Villain by now visibly begins to panic, even if only a little bit
>Hero is reveling in this newfound (or underused facet of his) strength

I know it's an anime trope, but I love it best in not-anime.

In my head I can hear a jukebox musical using "Somebody to Love" for this moment.
>>
>>94824659
>joke/harmless character for most of time
>becomes one of the scariest being when enraged
Pretty much Ed in a nutshell
>>
File: 1503267264311.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1503267264311.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>94821778
>the protagonist decides to have mercy and spare his enemies
>sometimes later in the show his enemies show up again to help out the protagonist in his needs

Fucking love it man
>>
>>94821778
>The jock is actually a nice guy
>>
>>94822385
Wander over Yander
>>
File: xsT7RsG.jpg (126KB, 521x800px) Image search: [Google]
xsT7RsG.jpg
126KB, 521x800px
>>94822392
I think that's why I like Booster Gold and [Ted] Blue Beetle so much. They act like moronic jackoffs but Ted was (is?) pretty much on par with Batman as far as inventiveness and intelligence.

Then Booster acts like a complete dipshit for people to underestimate him and to not fuck up time. He may have started as some profiteer with the guise of a hero but he's got a heart of gold, pun not intended.
>>
File: 1481269521753.jpg (370KB, 900x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1481269521753.jpg
370KB, 900x1357px
>>94822727
You rang?
>>
File: EmporioWeather.png (2MB, 831x1200px) Image search: [Google]
EmporioWeather.png
2MB, 831x1200px
>the weak ally is heros' last hope
>the said weakling finally musters enough courage to have a one to one duel with the unstoppable villain
>the weakling ends up winning by a small margin
>>
File: 1503151940987.jpg (35KB, 542x616px) Image search: [Google]
1503151940987.jpg
35KB, 542x616px
Bump. These are my kinds of threads.
>>
File: 1499939103759.jpg (24KB, 646x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499939103759.jpg
24KB, 646x720px
>>94821778
>Hero has absolutely no chance
>The entire fight between him and the villain has just been a distraction for the real kicker
>Hero tells the villain at the last second
>It actually happens
>>
>>94821778
>Villains having a strict code they adhere to, refusing to deviate from it, treating their villainy more as a job than anything

Sportsmaster in Young Justice
>>
>>94821929
Examples?
>>
>>94824223

Luffy vs Ussop right?
>>
>>94822575

Lok kinda attempted this with opening the spirit portals but i think they botched it hard. A better example though would be amon and equalists getting represented in a non bender president even if he is corrupt
>>
>>94822537
Kid Miracleman
>>
>>94822753
There's a spider man comic where Spiderman thinks a baby has been killed because of some villains dicking around trying to collect a ransom form it and he goes absolutely ballistic on them. Even going so far as to tear apart a wharf to get em
>>
>>94821778
>Two characters or two groups split up to do their own thing, with the episode focusing on one of them
>The next episode focuses on the other person or group during the same time and continuity nods to what is happening to other person or group are made.
>>
>Villain is less evil and more opposed to the hero's goals
>Villain doesn't hate the hero, but the hero despises the villain
>Hero is so emotionally invested in the fight that they break down when they can't beat the villain
>Villain comforts hero in vulnerable moment and assures them they'll get stronger
Literally only ever seen it once, in a fan fiction.
>>
>>94828098
Sauce?
>>
>>94822342
>which is odd since Im a huge Sonic
For Mobiyous
>>
>>94821778
>MCs Rival is the protagonist.
>Background character is the protagonist in a world filled iwht powers.
>Background character defeats the Big Bad.
>>
Dr horrible's sing along blog
>>
File: CsHQrkAUMAUKC4y.jpg (158KB, 1200x1013px) Image search: [Google]
CsHQrkAUMAUKC4y.jpg
158KB, 1200x1013px
>>
File: Gaston.jpg (20KB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
Gaston.jpg
20KB, 400x286px
Kind of a weird trope but

>Villain is only seen as the villain to the main character/protagonist
>Everyone loves the villain because he/she is actually useful to the town or whatever
>The only reason the villain is considered the villain is because they're somewhat pompous
>When the "villain" is feeling down everyone feels bad so they sing him a song to bring his spirits back up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuJTqmpBnI0

Gaston wasn't the villain.
>>
Henchmen see hero
Slowly leaves the room or close the door
>>
>heroes powers are confidence based, successfully out-bantering the hero will make the villain win, but hero is the worlds greatest trash talker 90% of the time
>>
>>94828465
I'm sorry, I though I saved the comic when it was partially storytimed but evidently i did not and despite my best efforts i couldn't find it elsewhere.
>>
>>94823474
Yeah but a reasonable reaction to those things is to retire, tell everyone to go fuck themselves, or drop the squeeky clean image and give people shit when they deserve it.

The right move was not: Murder all of your friends, sink continents, start throwing asteroids at innocent people, recruit a Legion of Doom and try to end the world.

That was a a silly thing to do.
>>
>>94821778
I love that second trope but it takes a lot of writing talent to write yourself into a corner with a character like that and still make it great.
>>
File: 200% rad.png (509KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
200% rad.png
509KB, 500x738px
>Villain is defeated, but survives
>Being defeated breaks his spirit and you don't see him anymore
>Story goes on
>Final Battle agains main villain
>Previous Villain come out of nowhere and helps the hero out of respect for his old opponent
>He sacrifices and saves everyone's ass
>>
>>94828745
THIS
FUCKING
SCENE
All you that don't watch chinese cartoons, let me fill you in.
This is Mumen Rider.
In a world of superheroes and villains, this guy is literally a bloke on a bike - he has no powers at all. Nowhere near popular like the big main superheroes, but well liked by the local civilians simply because he's an all around top bloke. He'll save your cat from a tree, fix a tyre if you're stranded, help carry your shopping.

>Shit's hitting the fan
>Big Bad Villain fucking shit up left, right and center
>Mumen Rider shows up
>Gets punched aside
>Gets back up
>Starts beating into the villain
>It's as effective as a little kid punching a fence
>gets mega kicked aside
>Pic related happens
>gets K.O.'d right after
>fortunately, he bought enough time for the Main Character to show up and save the day

Mumen Rider is too pure for this world
Scenes like that are my all-time favourite trope. The underdog's sacrifice.
>>
>>94828745
Fucking this gets me Everytime.
>>
>>94834043
This. Who gives a shit about powers when you got someone as badass as mumen rider.

The scene where he thanks saitama for saving him and for the whole "pretend that i didn't do shit but kill steal so the rest of the heroes still get credit" saitama did is just icing on the cake.

Also i don't remember where i heard this (or if this is true at all), but i remember hearing that his name is mumen rider (or 'licenceless rider') because he used to have a motorcycle but lost his licence for some unknown reason. But even then that didn't stop the man's heroic spirit.
>>
>villain or hero uses public opinion as a tool, using news, media, or even speeches.

Bonus points if at least moderately complex political structures are involved
>>
>>94834267
>but i remember hearing that his name is mumen rider (or 'licenceless rider') because he used to have a motorcycle but lost his licence for some unknown reason
That sounds legit, but I'm sure it's because it's supposed to be a play on the Kamen Riders (Power Rangers, in the west). 'Licenceless' because he didn't want to break copyright.
>>
>>94828327
>villain is just a bad guy, evil towards everyone
>does something to become mortal enemies w/ hero
>without harboring same resentment
>hero goes absolutely fucking apeshit against villain when they fight
>absolutely annihilates villain
>has mental breakdown
>>
>Gang leader gets a super powerful henchman.
>Sends some of his disposable lackies to attack the guy to prove how strong he is.
>One of the lackies gets a lucky hit in and takes the guy out
>>
>>94828121

>character has his own sidestory happening in the background of everyone elses story
>>
>>94823618
This sort of happened in the Incredibles. You know they're all going to make it because it's Disney, but for most of the movie, the Parrs are just trying to survive and don't actually pose any threat to Syndrome until the very end.
>>
>>94822109
This literally happened in every cartoon I could think of just now, are you retarded anon?
>>
File: ko.png (324KB, 949x520px) Image search: [Google]
ko.png
324KB, 949x520px
>Hero character gets knocked out/is made angry
>This unleashes some kind of evil and unstoppable power more powerful than the hero
You usually only see this in anime, but OK KO kind of did it.
>>
File: 1499837176290.png (317KB, 607x453px) Image search: [Google]
1499837176290.png
317KB, 607x453px
Not a single trope, but I'm working on a comic with these elements. Any other examples?

>batshit crazy villain, "muh moral code" hero
>villain extremely dangerous and usually defeats hero, but never kills them
>hero tries to reason with villain and deconstruct their motivations for being a villain
>villain decides to not open up to hero, maintains the status quo
>big bad eventually shows up
>big bad revealed to be largely responsible for villain's psychosis, history of abuse and manipulation
>villain completely broken by big bad in front of hero, disappears afterwards
>hero tries fighting big bad, fails miserably
>defeated hero goes searching for villain, finds them
>"now you know how pathetic I am, hero"
>"you're not pathetic, trust me and we can stop the big bad"
>hero and villain team up, destroy the now eldritch horror show big bad with help of other heroes and lesser villains
>hero helps villain rehabilitate
>they get together in the end
>>
File: cool-guy-doing-ok-sign-3255493.jpg (33KB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
cool-guy-doing-ok-sign-3255493.jpg
33KB, 400x286px
>side character betrays hero/group
>comes back asking for forgiveness
>hero tells him to rightfully fuck off
>>
>>94834267
Its actually due to that he was unable to get a license so instead he rides on his bike since that doesnt require a license....and also is a reference to Kamen Rider.
>>
File: 1468688901520.jpg (37KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468688901520.jpg
37KB, 720x480px
>hero isn't out to save the world or defeat some ancient evil
>he's only involved in this mess because someone close to him got hurt
>>
>Hero frantically swings at villain with a sword
>Villain effortlessly dodges every swing, taunting him the whole time
>Then he suddenly gets beheaded mid-sentence by one lucky hit
>>
>Overwhelmingly strong villains getting beaten by random asshole MCs with weak powersets that fight really fucking dirty with them
>>
>When the trope you've seen subverted so many times you expect it at this point is played straight again
>>
>>94821929
>hero and villain sing a duet, alternating verses
>>
Knight/Honor characters. I just love them for some reason.
>>
File: 250px-Zant.png (85KB, 250x426px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Zant.png
85KB, 250x426px
>typical 2000s action cartoon villain (think slade, vilgax or 2k3!shredder)
>cold and calculating in first several appearances, craziness is very subtly hinted at
>goes fucking apeshit beyond all expectation like pic related in one episode and never fully recovers
>>
File: 1494192552513.jpg (2MB, 592x6640px) Image search: [Google]
1494192552513.jpg
2MB, 592x6640px
>>94828098
>>94828465
>>94830053
I feel useful
>>
File: 1494192791223.jpg (2MB, 589x6135px) Image search: [Google]
1494192791223.jpg
2MB, 589x6135px
>>94838155
>>
>>94821778

Spider-Man used to when he wasn't t moping about power and responsibility, no clue what happens now, I dropped with OMD.
>>
File: IMG_3094.jpg (11KB, 184x201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3094.jpg
11KB, 184x201px
>Moral based and Heroic spirit entity that gives superpowers stay with a lazy and apathetic human to fight crime with.
>Selfish and Villanous spirit stays with a nice and shy human to create havoc with.

Bonus points if
>Spirits turn into animals to hide themselves from the other humans.
>>Villanous spirit gets treated as a pet that receives lots of love, and he hates it.
>>
>>94822385
Viral
>>
>Villain goes absolutely batshit when one of his underlings is hurt
>>
>Protagonist doesn't hesitate to kill the main antagonist, he just does it
>>
>>94822472
Brock can be like that
>>
>Protagonist hurts more than he helps
>Antagonist only exists to try and stop the hero
>Villain turns out to be more of a hero than the actual hero
>>
>>94823474
He kills an innocent child in the first issue.
>>
>Machine or some magic stuff that turns hero evil and villain good

I love this shit
>>
>>94821929
>villain kicks hero's ass while singing a villain song

THIS
[Spoiler] is probably why I loved Shiny so much. [/spoiler]
>>
>>94821778
Doofenshmirtz
>>
>>94838405
Name four (4) series that do this.
>>
Ive been looking for examples of this trope for weeks
>character or group of characters are going through some sort of environmental chaos
>storm, blizzard, maybe even huge battle
>character of focus talks for a bit/screams against whatever theyre trying to walk through
>camera cuts to black/camera jump cuts to the aftermath full of devestation or absolute stillness in contrast to the chaos moments before
>>
>>94838186
Thanks anon
>>
>>94825940
>I don't have to win
>I just have to face you right here, right now!
>>
>>94821778
>Anti-villain keeps doing shit claiming to be the good guy doing the right thing
>Gets proven wrong
>Aware of his shit, stops caring about good or bad, keeps his own thing going on just because he wants to see it fulfilled
Not sure if this has been done before
Also:
>Final grand battle between hero and villain
>Villain loses again big time
>"After all these years, it wasn't worth it was it?"
>>
>>94838405
Possible new plot for Teen Titans GO
>>
>Longtime blood-feud rivals have the greatest brawl
>Both horribly injured in the end
>Meanest one can hold even more
>Good guy left only with an inch of life and knows there's no way for him to win but still gets up to fight
>Meanie decides to stop and let him live
>Both leave with rivalry ended and undying respect
>>
>>94834267
>>94834043
What I also liked was how Saitama honestly praised Rider a bit after saving him, which is the most appreciation he's shown anyone save Genos.
>>
nore of anime thing but Id like to see in cartoons too

Big grouo super close friends as progtagonists, teaming up and getting stronger, new powers and tecnqiues as series progress al towards defeating THE Big Bad

Series ends with heroes losing....BADLY, with it all being built up that they would infact win, big typical shoenen "heroic second wind happens they get some huge burst of power and then the VIllain gets one and wins hands down, and no the heroes are not captured, there is no next season, I want this for a SERIES finale and hav it be mostly uplifting for most of the series to heavily contrast with such an ending.
>>
>Stretch of the movie lets the music do all the talking
>>
>>94838236
Sounds neat, but has it ever happened?
>>
>>94838690
Examples?
>>
>>94838472
Also, Mean Green Mother from Outer Space
>>
File: Capture.png (129KB, 1338x642px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
129KB, 1338x642px
>>94822342
>Since I'm a huge Sonic
Oh no! I'm inexplicably inflating again!
>>
File: goofy goober rock.gif (907KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
goofy goober rock.gif
907KB, 320x180px
>>94821778
>Tropes you want to see MORE of.
saving the day with the power of rock and roll.
>>
>>94839418
So, JoJo part 6
>>
>>94839800
I mean, it wasn't a total victory for Pucci, he still failed. But it's still probably the closest I can think of.
>>
>>94835919
neat
>>
>constantly unlucky character actually gets a lucky break for once
>and it isn't ruined just to preserve status quo
>>
>>94835919
are they both cute boys?
>>
>>94840175
Didn't Futurama do this?
>>
>>94822537
Jason Todd?
>>
>>94836788
>We're on a mission from God
>>
>>94828327
Which fanfic Anon? Sounds intresting!
>>
File: saru.jpg (33KB, 449x387px) Image search: [Google]
saru.jpg
33KB, 449x387px
>Big Bad fights a B or C lister member of the MC's party and wins, but only after he is introduced to the concept of a pyrrhic victory and the hero gives them a hell of a fight, scaring the shit out of them
>the Villain looks upon that party member with newfound respect afterwards and will always take them seriously
>>
>>94835246
Which episode was that?
>>
>>94841295
You're Level 100
>>
>>94821778
Slightly off topic, but what episode is this screenshot from? I don't recognize Double D making that face.
>>
>character has a shitty power
>a while into the series, he realizes that it's only shitty because he's using it wrong (trying to use an agility-friendly power in the same way you'd use a strength based power, overlooking an obvious feature of the power, or just figuring out that it has more useful applications that he hadn't thought of)
>character is now strong as fuck
>>
>>94841339
Thanks Anon.
>>
File: 1483206943232.png (484KB, 574x516px) Image search: [Google]
1483206943232.png
484KB, 574x516px
>shit is about to pop up between two people or two groups
>they've never crossed paths before on screen, but the audience knows how powerful they are in their own right
>there's a brief pause before the conflict to allow the audience to have that audible "ahh shit" moment
>bonus points if a third party actually says something along those lines

Marvel has been pretty good at this trope. Once right before Mjonlir struck Cap's shield and again right before Matt and Danny skirmished
>>
File: 1454110132442.jpg (17KB, 541x559px) Image search: [Google]
1454110132442.jpg
17KB, 541x559px
>small or average sized character challenges protagonist to a fight
>at the beginning of the fight, they rip off their clothes, revealing they're 3x the size and fucking ripped
>>
>>94822847
Order of the Stick has something similar to this to an extent.
>>
>>94828745
Results beat idealism. Rider is the most pathetic loser.
>>
File: 1499260440240.jpg (96KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1499260440240.jpg
96KB, 600x450px
>>94840231
I don't see why not, but in this case it's a grill villain and a guy hero. There is an m/m couple in the comic though, they're just not the mc's.
>>
An antagonist that's actually immortal, but the hero manages to come up with a clever plan to use the villan's greatest strength against them. Either by trapping them or sending them into a void, where the villain can never die.
>>
>>94841606
I fucking love this one
>>
>>94841606
Girl Chan in Paradise was my shit dog
>>
>>94842017
Whats the series called Anon?
>>
>>94842017
Good luck with your comic Anon, it sounds intresting.

What are you going to call it, and will you story time it?
>>
>>94842378
>>94842430

Thank you! Don't have a name for it yet, I'm terrible at coming up with titles. I have a bunch of rough pages boarded though, and I'm working on good copies atm. I'll join the webcomic threads at some point once I have more pages done, then maybe I'll try storytiming it. I don't want to come across as a shill though.
>>
>>94822537
Buddy Pine?
>>
>>94823447
That isn't a trope, you're just a pedophile.
>>
>>94842582
how is that...what?

your insult sucks
>>
>>94842603
"In private does very perverted acts but is still very serious about them"

"Child character"
>>
>>94842484
Everyone likes to talk about their creations Anon, don't be ashamed of it.

I look forward to it!
>>
File: wander yes.gif (2MB, 606x525px) Image search: [Google]
wander yes.gif
2MB, 606x525px
>>94842760
>>
>>94842760
Speak for yourself. Only my most trusted counsel will revel in the depths of my autism.
>>
>>94828745
>the kid starts cheering him on
>and then so does the entire crowd

Oh my god this scene
>>
File: 1501449723626.jpg (20KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
1501449723626.jpg
20KB, 639x479px
>main protagonists friend turns out to be the villain
>villain achieves their goal at the end
>despite all the horrible things the villain did and all the people he screwed over the result of his success was good for everyone in the end, even if how he went about it was shitty

Its from a comic I'm writing
>>
>>94842647
Its meant to be a contrast with a character that acts very mature in public you fucking dolt.
>>
>>94843280
Cool.
>>
File: caleb.jpg (311KB, 557x867px) Image search: [Google]
caleb.jpg
311KB, 557x867px
>>94836788
This shit is the best.

Bonus points if they're an antihero.
>>
File: lt. lupe the shotacon.jpg (908KB, 1408x1920px) Image search: [Google]
lt. lupe the shotacon.jpg
908KB, 1408x1920px
/ss/
always /ss/
>>
>leader is reluctant to save the day but he's the only one who can do it
>second member is there to straighten out the leader's periodic idiocy
>third member is there because they're bored
>fourth member is there because they'd be homeless otherwise
>fifth member is there because they they're a double agent for the big bad

i love shit like this
>>
>>94840784
only in the second to last episode
>>
>>94838291
Wizards
>spends entire movie building up the big good wizard and big bad wizard
>they finally meet in the middle of a huge war between good and evil
>hyped for epic wizard duel
>good guy pulls out a pistol
>says a fucking one-liner
>and just fucking shoots him
>>
>>94843472
WHAT DA FUUUCK?
>>
File: latest[1].png (308KB, 330x686px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
308KB, 330x686px
I've got one in mind I like best:

>Weakest character of the group eventually becomes stronger.
>They still remain the weakest character IN the group, but their physical prowess and development is still quite visible.

I've seen it done with Ron Stoppable in Kim Possible, but I liked it done best with Usopp, he started at the bottom and now he's got fucking Haki. Oda even admitted that the point of Usopp wasn't to be the "weakest character", but to demonstrate how powerful a normal person can become within the setting and I really like that.
>>
>hero save villain
>villain is like "well fuck, what am I going to do now"
>>
>characters have signature poses
And as cheesy as it sounds I will always love it if they do it before a major fight or after they said something hype
>>
>>94822392
>this is forgotten forever at the end of the episode

I hate the status quo.
>>
File: Gando Rowa.jpg (137KB, 1060x1507px) Image search: [Google]
Gando Rowa.jpg
137KB, 1060x1507px
>Everyone, good or bad, fucking dies because they're dancing in the palm of a largely selfish higher power with its own agenda
>>
>>94843280
So Nox if he'd succeeded
>>
We get it, /co/, you like characters who are stronger than they seem. You mention it in every fucking "tropes you like" thread
>>
File: Kuroto Dan the Money Man.png (981KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
Kuroto Dan the Money Man.png
981KB, 1280x738px
>>94821778
The Kuroto.
>>
File: 1501920645820.gif (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1501920645820.gif
3MB, 720x540px
>Character thought dead returns during the finale to kick the bad guy's ass
>Accompanied by a bitching remix of their theme
>>
>>94821778
The second one is Dick Dastardly.

Winning without cheating isn't winning. Also he enjoys cheating.
>>
>leader character has a fear/phobia of something
>slowly get over it and face it over time
>>
>>94841362
Its when he saw Nazz in bikini
>>
>>94841362
>>94846644
it's from when he's firing the canadian squirt gatling gun
>oh i feel it, I FEEL THE ADRENALINE EDDY BABY
>double d, relax will ya? it's a toy from canada, geez. how embarrassing.
>>
>>94822342
So, Son Goku?
>>
File: IMG_0885.jpg (27KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0885.jpg
27KB, 450x254px
>>94822537
Sup
>>
>>94847240
no I mean like more...gleeful messing around like enjoying some light torture. like villains are legit terrified of this hero when they show up from what other villains have said. to the point someother heroes disagree with the hero's methods.
>>
>>94843472
Fucking Victory, man.
>>
>Hero and villain at their peak performance with unstoppable
>They slowly break each other down to the point where it just becomes a dust fight
>>
>>94821778

Koragg the knight wolf from power rangers mystic force
>>
>>94822109
you'd like to check out Valérian
>>
>>94822385
>literally every shonen rival ever (also venom in western media)
>samurai jack
>samurai jack
>>
>>94822392
>>
>>94822503
>abdol
>Iggy
>>
>>94824659
>if only she looked like this in the comics
>>
>>94823618
Is it Hunter x Hunter?
>>
>time travel done right
>guy going to the past not "fixing" stuff to change present but instead being the one causing the whole incident with a failsafe to stop it once he's back on the future

>superhero using both superpowers and fuckload of gadgets like a batman with superpowers

>Evil clone from parallel universe and hero affecting each other mentally ultimately making the hero more brutal and the villain more compassionate but each one keeping themselves on the good/bad side respectively

>Parents alive, something has to happen to the MC aside from "muh parents R deed"

>Good red hood (joker) vs evil batman

>Well written DEUS VULT hero, I'm tired of all those "spirituality good, religion bad" pseudo-anti-heroes and the zealot anti-villain fuckers

>Physically strong amazon-type female character with weak personality and dependable

>Smart HUMBLE heroes and villains, too much "uh uh muh cranium" and IQ cockfights

>UNREDEEMABLE alien species with no exception

>"Humanoid aliens" are actually offshoots of the homo sapiens, not otherwise, I'm bored to death of the "human from the stars" bullshit, it's lazy and it has to stop.

>I.A. learning from humans and for once being HEROIC thanks to it without needing some forced programing shit.

>Monstrous heroic mutants not being treated like garbage because
>1- actually more people would think they are pretty cool and try to be like them
>2-they can fuck your shit up with their powers

>Good heroes with popularly despised ideologies like racists superheroes or a german superman who stills loyal to the third reich

>A normal comic about someone doing everyday stuff but slowly progressing into a surreal dimensional level conspiracy

>People calling out bullshit as if they had 2 working neurons, superheroes needing to change their voice by either really good acting or the use of gadgets.
>>
I don't know why but since the MIB series I wanted to see something like this:

>Regular competent cops fighting against supervillains and winning
>>
File: 1490364788910.gif (2MB, 368x367px) Image search: [Google]
1490364788910.gif
2MB, 368x367px
>>94821778
>characters introduced later in the season
>1 of them is the cool, collective type that seems to have a second agenda and looks like he would betray the group at any time
>show makes a considerable effort to make him feel like he is part of the cast, including episodes revolving around his past, his shortcoming/fears, and his resolve.
>you spend about a season or 2 with this character
>group reaches final destination and looks to be the series finale
>Cool, collective character fucks over the victory, revealing everything up to this point was a lie and he`s actually final boss.
>all while still keeping the cool, collective attitude

i`m a sucker for reveal twists
>>
You know, I don't think half of these tropes are even real. It's sounds like some of you have awesome ideas for what you want from a show though.
>>
>>94821778
>Villain join forces with the hero and uses everything at his disposal to fight against a greater threat.
>>
>>94849871
THIS, they always waste the cops so easily. It might be cool to see the police's side of things in these huge fighting shows.
>>
Evil exploding badgers
>>
>Hero pretends to be a villain so the nations attack him instead of targeting each other
>Has a hard time pretending to be a villain, sometimes even looking funny and less evil than the political powers
>>
>>94834287
Jameson did nothing wrong
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>94829828
>The main character reaches the end of their rope
>Begins destroying the room they're in
>A supporting character walks in joyfully with some mundane comment for the main character
>Long pause on the destroyed room, with the main character in the middle, huffing heavilly
>Supporting character slowly walks away
>>
>>94835047
Bonus points if the other lackies (and even the main villain) start treating the lacky with more fear/respect, and he lets it get to his head.
>>
I've only ever seen this in One Piece, but its when the hero is wearing a disguise and when shit goes down he reveals himself, and there's a crowd of onlookers in shock and awe of who just appeared before them. I also love civilian fanfare when the Hero is fighting the bad guy, not in an arena of course. I hated Dress Rosa but they did this pretty well with Doflamingo.
>>
File: knee deep in the dab.png (455KB, 543x777px) Image search: [Google]
knee deep in the dab.png
455KB, 543x777px
>Ridiculously powerful, feared character is actually somewhat of an irreverent goof.
>>
>>94841455
jojo has plenty of this
>>
>>94835919
KND kind've did this with Operation Z.E.R.O, but Father walked away from the big fight with Grandfather. One of the worst cop-outs I've ever seen a cartoon do.
>>
File: y2lWYkQ.jpg (359KB, 658x1024px) Image search: [Google]
y2lWYkQ.jpg
359KB, 658x1024px
>>94839126
Sonic kind've does both of those. Shadow's journey (especially in Heroes and Shadow) kind've does the first thing, and pic related does the second. It's from issue 200, BTW.
>>
>Hero defeats villainess
>She's forced to marry him
>They have a family, she's fucking tsundere with her husband
>The child growing in such environment he ends thinking like bizarro
>"I fight for a world of evil and injustice!" *saves kitty and helps granny to cross the road*
>>
>>94847934
like bueno excelente but less sexual?
>>
>>94850529
epic bro! magapede? mind if I screencap this?
>>
>>94838155
what is this from
>>
>>94850261
I know right? something like phil coulson (I know he's a shield agent but it's the closest thing in there) in marvel's future fight or the guys from 20th jump street and hot fuzz would be fucking badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7SZPRim-jY
>>
File: 1503471951122.png (123KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1503471951122.png
123KB, 576x432px
Is too much to ask for cosmic entities not being complete assholes?
>>
>>94838236
>Selfish and Villanous spirit stays with a nice and shy human to create havoc with.
Not /co/, but sounds like that one lady's daughter from Soul Calibur V
>>
File: 1493612459196.jpg (255KB, 925x1336px) Image search: [Google]
1493612459196.jpg
255KB, 925x1336px
>>94837817
That's why the plagues is my favorite movie song
>>
>>94828121
The meteor shower episodes of South Park are a couple of my favorites due to this
>>
>A happy dad-like character who will make pancakes for the group and grill steaks and shit
>Acts as fatherly mentor and the sparring opponent for people due to being fucking invincible
>Santa - like cheerful attitude and appetite to match
>Tears the baddies a new rear if any of the group is in real danger.
Too often the team dad is too cold or a gritty antihero.
>>
>>94850599
Cringey self insert shit
>>
>TETSUUUUUUOOO!
>CANADAAAAAAA!
>>
>>94821778
Finn and Jake are both kind of this way, they like brutally kick the shit out of Ice King, at least in the earlier seasons
>>
>>94843472
any examples?
>>
>Character is too powerful to fight, any side he'd join would win instantly
>Choses not to intervene
>Just walks away
>>
>>94841844
But his suicidal heroism was the very thing that gave Saitama the time to arrive and defeat Deep Sea King you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>94821778
Bitchy popular girl ending up with the kind of schlubby unpopular dude because of an actual romantic bond; bonus if he's not the MC. The only series that I can think of that did it was Jake Long.

Or the nerd hooking up with the hot slut or bad girl.

I just like opposites attract pairings.
>>
>serious moment, or fight happening.
>characters just chat casually as if its an everyday thing.

Its even better if the villain joins in too.

>dumb character occasionally says something extremely smart, and has the best lines

Never fails to make me laugh.
>>
File: 1485219172825.gif (7KB, 172x171px) Image search: [Google]
1485219172825.gif
7KB, 172x171px
>the idiot defeats the antagonist on accident
>>
>>94847934
So, Zoro.
>>
>Villain is absolutely so convinced that they're the hero that they try to preach to the hero, creating an insane villain monologue
>Handsome Jack in Borderlands 2
>General Eiling in JLU
>Every fight Nuke has ever been in
>Cyclops with the Phoenix Force
>>
Not necessarily a trope and more of a character type but hell knights and paladin like knight/warriros are the shit man. Like horned helmet, pitch black armor, red glowing eyes shit is awesome.
>>
File: DoomMarineCodex.jpg (253KB, 596x726px) Image search: [Google]
DoomMarineCodex.jpg
253KB, 596x726px
>>94850502
Resident established badasses fight with swords against an inhuman force, that one guy prefers to go close and personal in combat. The catch is that it works way too well.
>>
>>94856012
Even better when the knights were something of childhood friends and they maintain a sportsmanship like friendly competition and the hell knight revolts against the greater evil and dies cause that was what gave him power.
>>
>>94855826
I hate Jar Jar episodes so much.
>>
File: 14094ad.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
14094ad.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>Two characters are talking with each other, but they're talking about different things.
>their responses fit together seamlessly, so neither one of them realizes that they're talking about completely different things

It always makes me laugh.
>>
>>94856230
Fucking Gungans beating general G

what the fugg filoni
>>
>Ally apparently betrays the group, shocking everyone
>Another member of the group is sure the traitor was framed
>It turns out they were
>By another group member, whose betrayal is almost if not more shocking
>>
>>94849917
For some reason I have never seen this
>>
>>94849917
What show/comic?
>>
>>94855913
yeah I guess.
>>
File: 1498636081331.jpg (16KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
1498636081331.jpg
16KB, 500x565px
I cant think of many examples because they are all grating the first 7 times. ones that I HATE are

>Enid from okko
>Wendy from gavity falls
>Jailbreak from the emoji movie
>vexy from the smurfs
>wyld style from the lego movie

Basically any teenage/young adult character who is viewed as nonchalant and "cool." bonus points if they have beanies and are lesbian.

>Heh, try an' keep up!
>Wow such a dork, heheh *punches shoulder*
>sup dude
>>
>>94822503
Why Uncle Benjin!? That horse was big enough for both of you!
>>
>>94850434
stop
>>
>Character, usually a villain, is revealed to be a cyborg or a similar entity
>Violently rips off their face/skin to show their true form as they prepare to fight
>>
>>94841844
The result was a crowd of civilians still breathing you twatmuffin
>>
>>94829714
But he was the villain. And a scary one, because he's the most realistic Disney villain ever.

He's not some evil wizard sitting in a tower plotting to throw the world into chaos, he's a local dude everyone loves who also happens to be a complete jerk and everyone is on his side in that. He'll send you packing, you can't do shit, and everyone will cheer the whole time.

You may never run into a dark wizard or dragon or whatever, but everyone knows a fucking Gaston.
>>
File: 1502946967260.png (70KB, 442x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502946967260.png
70KB, 442x400px
>>94859845
>You may never run into a dark wizard or dragon or whatever, but everyone knows a fucking Gaston.

Hit the nail on the head
>>
>>94821778
>The Villan is the villan only because he hates the protagonist immensely.
>Their villany is exclusively focused on the protagonist .
>Is neutral/Indifferent to everyone else, sometimes friendly.
>>
Protagonist who is both good and not an anti hero uses some type of dark magic as their primary abilities. Not just a witch with generic magic either, but something that the setting considers forbidden for the heroes.
>>
>>94859306
No.
>>
all the villains are only villains cause the public loved hero is such a huge douchebag that takes the credit for the works his sidekicks end up doing.
>>
>>94843314
>Elects to use the word 'perverted' over any other
>Autistically screes when someone calls him out on it
>>
>>94843472
>muh /ss/

She literally wanted a child. That's all. She was fucking insane, and Usso is the exact kind of fucking kid you'd be proud of for having one of the highest kill counts in the UC timeline history.

Now, Mahaelia, on the other hand...
>>
File: 1487660410971.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1487660410971.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>94849917
I like this and the alternative
>cool, but on-the-nose character is introduced alongside timid, forgettable character
>every once in a while it looks like the cool character is scheming
>things start to escalate
>crew finally calls him out on it
>it's revealed that the timid character was the traitor the whole time
>timid character's absences and odd behavior actually support this
Doesn't happen often, but boy do I get rock hard when it does
>>
>>94850508
Why do people keep saying this? Father fighting Grandfather would've defeated the entire purpose of his mood throughout the movie. He can't stand up to Grandfather
>>
File: Georgette.jpg (570KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Georgette.jpg
570KB, 1920x1080px
>Animal character
>Actually has realistic teeth, and not a set of human teeth.
>>
>>94822555
Bioshock 1
>>
>>94865357
Anon, I think he means the old non-lewd definition of perverted being mentally deranged and ill
>>
>villain feels like an unstoppable terrifying force of nature despite being only human
I just want more Lorne Malvo
>>
File: IMG_1330.jpg (48KB, 600x688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1330.jpg
48KB, 600x688px
>Normal people cheering on the hero and heckling/throwing shit at the villain
>Powerless character charges into peril and inspiring the superhero
>>
>>94821778
Goku? Sorry I know this isn't /a/
>>
>>94868036
I know. The fact that he still chose that word, despite its modern and more prominent definition, doesn't really allow him the credibility to complain when someone calls him out on it
>>
>>94839565
not /co/, but the sandstorm scene from mad max fury road comes to mind
>>
File: 1493506179772.jpg (608KB, 1280x1185px) Image search: [Google]
1493506179772.jpg
608KB, 1280x1185px
>>94821778
>villain defeats the hero
>the villain regrets everything
>the villain turns a new leaf, in effect becoming the hero
>the hero lives on through the now rectified villain
>the hero allowed themselves to be killed for this to happen
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.