/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow, I just realized that the most recent episode's development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: jrsm.png (174KB, 206x502px) Image search: [Google]
jrsm.png
174KB, 206x502px
Wow, I just realized that the most recent episode's development completely takes the heartwarming beauty of this scene from season 1 and makes it terrible.

I don't know if that's fantastic writing, or terrible writing.
>>
>Wow, I just realized that the most recent episode's development completely takes the heartwarming beauty of this scene from season 1
Not really. Maybe if he was homeless and had nowhere to go sure, but this Jerry was a superstar that was friends with Johnny Depp and fucking super models. If he was only using pity to crash at someone's place or get back together with someone then he would've done it to some super rich model or one of the celebrities he knew. He had nothing to gain for going back to Beth.

So no, you're just seeing things that aren't really there.
>>
How so?

Also I thought that scene was a bit cheap, personally
>>
File: ma.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ma.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>94821563
MEGA WHERE??????
>>
>>94821729
Just watch it on Youtube
>>
File: asthwbusfl.jpg (33KB, 326x322px) Image search: [Google]
asthwbusfl.jpg
33KB, 326x322px
>>94821709
>>94821708

Rick's opinion of Jerry is that Jerry is basically an emotional parasite that thrives off of the coddling and attention that others give him. If that's held to be true, then the reason he didn't just call up Beth for a date normally in this universe, is because he only knows how to coerce people from a position of pity. As a result, he sabotaged his own life to make himself look like a burnout before coming to Beth. I wouldn't be surprised if that technique's part of the reason he got his acting gig in the first place.

Because Jerry isn't just an disgusting manipulative bastard in the c-137 universe- he's a sympathy sponge in ALL universes. This is why Rick sees this unfold, and rolls his eyes in exasperated contempt at what's playing out, because while everyone else is seeing a touching connection between soulmates that spans over realities, Rick is just seeing Jerry, once again being the predator, the only way he knows how.
>>
>>94821939
Jerry was in a very different position in the alternate world, though. Sure he's appealing to Beth from a place of hurt, but I think it's a false equivalency.
>>
>>94821939
There's a difference between being a pathetic loser that uses pity to get what he wants vs. someone who literally has everything from fame and money and willing to throw it all away for someone else.

You can make the argument that 'Well he's still using pity as a means to convoy someone why we should see his option" but the huge fucking difference is sacrifice. Toxic pitiness is using you're own faults as an excuse for other people to sacrifice for you. Beth isn't losing anything if he accepts Jerry. If anything it's Jerry that has something to lose of his bachelor lifestyle of drugs and attractive woman and fame.

Again, seeing things that aren't there.
>>
>>94821997
I don't think it is, though. Jerry from c-137 thrives on pity; and even though he clearly has no need to do so, we see the Jerry in this alternate reality use the exact same tactic. He could approach as an equal, he could impress from a position of affluence, but instead, he ingratiates himself before Beth, naked and strung out, with a story that he's been living a life of lies and regret?

If this Jerry was such a different person from the c-137 model, we'd never have seen him go down this route. As it is, this strikes me as too big a coincidence to be... well, coincidental.
>>
>>94822151
It's not coincidental, it's his character. Jerry has always been a passive with some self-esteem issue's, this is nothing remotely new.

However you're trying to make the argument that all passiveness is somehow a toxic personality trait, when it's not the case. That's like saying all signs of ego and self-confidence will always lead to narcissism.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.