[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Frozen hyped instead of Tangled? >Came before it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Why was Frozen hyped instead of Tangled?

>Came before it
>Better music
>Better characters
>Much Better visuals
>>
That "Let It Go" song is what put it over the top.
>>
>>94816774
Because it was better, contrarian-kun.
>>
>>94816774
2 princesses > 1 princess
vaguely christmas comfy aesthetic
Let it go is very catchy
Non animal comic relief
>>
>>94816774
>better music
Yeah, nah.
>>
Tangled was testing the waters.
Once they knew it worked they threw everything at it.
>>
>>94816774
Let It Go sung by Idina Menzel. That song being blasted on the radio every day throughout the winter season carried the box office success, even if the film itself was kind of shaky.

Tangled had the better romance, I think.
>>
>>94816774
>Why was Frozen hyped instead of Tangled?
gay>hetero
>>
>>94816774
Frozen memed itself into popularity.

I remember watching it during the premiere, and not a lot of people were talking about it until there was some massive snowstorm. Then it got popular with more people talking about it.

>>94816774
>better music
Debatable.
>>
You know, I've wondering this a lot myself. Frozen wasn't bad per se, but it got way over hyped. But recently I saw an analysis that had some good points.

With Frozen, Disney finally did what Japan has been doing for ages: magical girls. Think about it - the princesses that do get to be cute and princessy don't have cool magic, like Ariel and Cinderella. And the ones that do get to do super cool stuff, like Merida and Mulan, go against the girly stuff. Girls want the castle and the dress, but also the super cool powers. In fact, how many PROTAGS have cool powers? Rapunzel has a nice healing ability but she is barely enough. The Disney movies are magical but the main characters aren't.

Elsa gets all the shit instead of someone like the genie or the Fairy Godmother. She fights people, makes a goddamn castle, gives herself a makeover, just goes around throwing magic left and right. And like the other anons said, "Let it go" to promote that.
>>
>>94816774

By technically Elsa was a boy name Kai in Snow Queen
and by technically Elsa is not a properly princess
and blue color and fighting magic
You get all range of audience, a girl, a boy ,a lot of gay , serious anime dude
good for business
>>
>>94816774

the same reason The Little Mermaid didn't make as much money as The Lion King: Disney had a fairly long history of shitty/mediocre movies beforehand so it took 2-3 really good movies before Disney could have another megahit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.