[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there so little Asian representation in comics and cartoons,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0486.jpg (226KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0486.jpg
226KB, 1000x625px
Why is there so little Asian representation in comics and cartoons, especially positive representation?
>>
>>94812326
asians are taking over the audience with anime and manga, why give them more screen time?
>>
File: IMG_0222.jpg (302KB, 1033x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0222.jpg
302KB, 1033x1600px
>>94812326
The first non-white member of the Batfamily was a Asian girl
>>
>>94812432
She's only half Asian.
>>
>>94812326
Well, in that picture, both Hulk and Superman have an Asian counter-part.
>>
>>94812326
Midnighter/gay thread didn't pan out like you'd hoped, didn't it OP? You need new material
>>
File: ce6.jpg (41KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
ce6.jpg
41KB, 501x585px
Asians will somehow find a way to blame blacks just so they can cuck up to whites who dont respect them some more.
>>
File: Zero Slaps Max.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Zero Slaps Max.gif
1MB, 400x300px
Because we have our own capeshit to shitpost about
And your bait is bad OP
>>
>>94812589
Is this a tokuatsu thread now?
>>
File: Cosmos Corona vs. ginnea pig.jpg (13KB, 344x234px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmos Corona vs. ginnea pig.jpg
13KB, 344x234px
>>94812643
You tell me anon
>>
>>94812506
Plus Wolverine has a half-Japanese son.
>>
>>94812651
Nice. What Ultraman shows would you rec? And is it true that /m/ is getting shitty and that's why there's more toku and mecha threads here now? If so what caused it?
>>
>>94812326
>Wong
>Silk
>Ancient One
>Kid Kaiju
>Amadeus Cho
>Jimmy Woo
>Shang Chi
>Katana
>Cassandra Cain
These are from the top of my head, explain yourself OP.
>>
>>94812695
/m/ was always shit desu senpai
>>
>>94812695
Most shows are self contained for you to look. The current show, Geed, has some more lore to it but it's still beginner friendly.
Just don't watch Nexus as your first. It's a masterpiece, but you have to get a feel of the classic formula first to appreciative it fully

>spoiler
/m/ is always shit, but still good shit.
It's just faggots finally found about about these cool robitz and people in rubber suits and they want to spread the word about how cool they are for liking these niche stuff
>>
>>94812796
Thank you anon. I'll try Geed and see if it clicks. And if not I'll try the older stuff and see if it that's more my speed.
>they want to spread the word about how cool they are for liking these niche stuff
Well it's good to hear it's just run of the mill hipsters.
>>
File: Baltan.jpg (44KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
Baltan.jpg
44KB, 540x720px
>>94812966
Ultraman is coming back half a year at a time. KR and Sentai are still getting airing around the block. Garo has a new movie finally. It's somewhat a good time to be a toku fan.
>>
>>94812326
>Why is there so little Aryan representation in anime and manga, especially positive representation?
>>
>>94812326
Asians, unlike blacks and hispanics, have in the last 30 years not had any sort of crime or poverty problem and the stereotype of them being super smart has benefited them. So like Jews and Irish they're kind of seen as the least important minority, representation-wise, because they've pretty much integrated into the white Christian America very easily, despite being ostracized several decades ago.

However you're going to see a lot more Asian representation soon because China is the fastest growing market. You've already seen token Asians in every Hollywood movie.
>>
>>94812459
Wasn't David Cain full Chinese post Nu52?
>>
>>94812459
And Spiderman's only half black.

It still counts.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.