[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does longevity always kill a good show? >family guy went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Question Man.jpg (56KB, 700x506px) Image search: [Google]
Question Man.jpg
56KB, 700x506px
Why does longevity always kill a good show?
>family guy went to shit after it was uncanceled
>horse show went to shit after it continued past the obvious series finale
>good anime is only ever a season or two
>rick and morty sucks now
I'm sure there's more, but these were just on my mind.
>>
Entropy

It operates on all levels in every medium
>>
File: 1470331435249.jpg (1MB, 610x1683px) Image search: [Google]
1470331435249.jpg
1MB, 610x1683px
>>94798373
>>
I feel like I'm missing something or am unable to communicate this properly: What's the point of asking simple/stupid questions? The entire answer is that they run out of ideas. That's it. Am I overreacting? Because we have so many threads like this. Why?
>>
File: venture-bros.jpg (982KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
venture-bros.jpg
982KB, 1920x1080px
Not only did it get better with time but characters actually aged and relationships furthered and random side characters got incredible amounts of characterization. It had some hit or miss episodes or ideas for sure but nothing show killing for having been around since two thousand and fucking three.

The same year that spawned Chappelle's Show, Mythbusters, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Teen Titans, Reno 911!, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Duck Dodgers, Two and a Half Men, NCIS, and Xiaolin Showdown and probably some other shit from many people's younger years.
>>
>>94799491
Venture Bros doesn't count. It's an anomaly that has never existed and will never exist again in any form of entertainment.
>>
>>94799554
It should be counted extra hard for that reason alone. It's really rare when people actually care about their dream more than actually making money or taking the easy route as soon as it's available.
>>
Early seasons are made out of love for show, next ones output of love for money.
You either die as a hero or live long enough to become a villain.
>>
File: This confused mii.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
This confused mii.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>94799623
>outliers should be taken more into consideration than the standard
>>
>>94798485

Was this based on Simpsons' golden years?
>>
>>94798485
I hate how this perfectly describes Regular Show's run. Only the Plateu ends at around halfway season 4 instead of season 5
>>
>>94800046
Are you trying to say that it was a bad idea to end the series by taking the main cast into space for a cosmic battle that one of the main cast was secretly destined to partake in the whole time?
>>
>>94800101
I'm saying it was a bad idea to have let a stoner buddy comedy toon get to that in the first place.

Fucking hell that last season was terribad. Though I could tell it was going to be bad by the tail end of 7. The second dome landing is the point of no return.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.