[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you read a comic? And no, I'm not asking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1503192151776.jpg (81KB, 998x749px) Image search: [Google]
1503192151776.jpg
81KB, 998x749px
How the fuck do you read a comic?

And no, I'm not asking how to literally read a comic word by word. I am asking how to enjoy it.

I mean, you buy the comic, sit down, flip through the 30 or so pages, and than your done in about 5 minutes.

Is that it? Why are they so popular?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>94796140
not all comics are 30 pages.
>>
>>94796140

You read more than one, retard.
>>
>>94796140
>Is that it? Why are they so popular?
Comics
>used to be cheap
>are for kids

People who still read them just got used to it
>>
I only buy volumes or full albums.
>>
>>94796140
>and than your done
Judging by that, I'm going to guess that reading in general is not something that you enjoy.
>>
>>94796140
Oh you poor child.
Here let uncle anon teach you how to properly enjoy your comic books.
You'll need a flashlight, some cookies, and of course a comic book.
Fist you get in your jammies then rush to your bed, hide inside the sheets and its very important that no light gets in.
Grab your flashlight and your comic and begin reading, remember to read aloud and act out every scene for maximum impact.
keep the cookies nearby for emergency snacks.
When you're done run outside as soon as its daytime and exchange comics with the other kids on the block, notice that some comics are cooler than others so you can bargain a better deal.
Repeat until death, or you adopt manga.
>>
>>94796140
Same reason you can stand to type out four and a half sentences on your phone to shitpost on a Malaysian rug BBS instead of a properly constructed thesis complete with citations.

Sometimes people just want quickies.
Ask your mum, she can tell you all about the night of your conception.
>>
>>94796140
Read all the character lines aloud. Try to come up with different voices for everyone.
>>
>>94796140
I don't like comics simply because I don't like reading. I simply find audio-visual mediums to be more appealing. The only books I ever enjoyed reading was the A Song of Ice and Fire series, and I never even bothered to reread them!
>>
Cartoon-fag here, I have a similar but more complex question.

How do you enjoy popular comics? How the hell do you know where to start and go? All the different universes and writers and OOC moments and whatnot, how do you enjoy reading so many takes on a story?

Manga is easy, you have one writer, one story that hopefully finishes, and you read it and you're done.

How can someone "complete" Batman?
>>
File: batman_forever_bg.jpg (850KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
batman_forever_bg.jpg
850KB, 2272x1704px
>>94796405
>How can someone "complete" Batman?
You don't.
>>
>>94796453
That just doesn't sound fun. I want a beginning middle and end with some consistency.
>>
>>94796140
Why pick up a three hundred to four hundred page book?

Because we like to read.
>>
>>94796405

Completing the run of a writer usually.
I haven't completed all of Daredevil or all of Doom Patrol (yet), but I've read all of Frank Miller's Daredevil and all of Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol.

Also, Graphic Novels, mini-series, and indie comics.
>>
>>94796508
I should've specified, I do really like graphic novels. Sandman is up there with the best manga can offer.
>>
Shit threads are a tradition.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.