[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are some people so affected by cartoons' toxic fandoms/parts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: wtf Lisa.jpg (68KB, 313x334px) Image search: [Google]
wtf Lisa.jpg
68KB, 313x334px
Why are some people so affected by cartoons' toxic fandoms/parts of fandoms?

I've seem so many people on here and other places, say a show sucks and use "its fanbase is cancerous" as a reason.

Now granted, they may hate it for many other reasons, but there some people who dont watch a show BECAUSE of the fandom, WHY? Just dont involve yourself in the fandom dammit. Its a completely external aspect. you could remove it entirely and show itself would remain utterly the same.
>>
You're right, the show and the fandom are separate entities and you can enjoy a show without needing to deal with the fandom. The problem is that people perceive the fandom as directly connected to the show. If a fandom is cringy or toxic as fuck, there had to be something that drew them there in the first place. So going by that logic, the show must be shit because its fans are shit.
>>
>>94790072
That kind of logic to me is retarded as people, as cringey and toxic as they may BE are multifaceted. and thus may enjoy a show for the same reasons as a non cringey fuck but express it in a shitty way and lambaste others for not agreeing with them....but thats not the show's fault.

Nice that you agree with my position.
>>
>>94790032
It's hard to talk about your favorite show when half the fandom is up its own ass arguing about shitty pairing/"Problematic " fan art and theories/other fandom garbage. Then the half of the fandom that's ok with the show is soon harassed by those wanting them to pick a side, when the only thing you wanted to do was talk about a cool episode or go over an interesting theory.

When you have no one to talk to about your favorite show or you can't enjoy or thank someone's art because they pissed of some anti's ire for that week, then everything turns sour and some people start hating a show, not because they hate it specifically, but because the hate-dom at least has some conversations about the show in question.

It's odd, but there are times where a show's fandom is so damn terrible you just have to say "Fuck it, I'm out".

Plus, with how interconnected everything is nowadays, you're gonna see the shitty side of fandoms much, much easier.
>>
>>94790032
Mostly because people don't want to be associated with the fandom in any capacity.

Avoiding involving yourself with a fandom is kinda tricky, since even if you don't associate with them, just by saying you are a fan of X people will automatically make assumptions based on the rest of the fanbase.

Also, some people do like to be able to talk about things they like, and if a fanbase is too cancerous, that can impact enjoyment as well.

Its sorta the reverse of how participating in discussion and other things like that can improve your enjoyment of something. An example is basically any popular show that gets discussed a lot. You'll find lot of people like it even more because of those discussions/meeting likeminded fans and whatnot. Its like that, but the opposite.
>>
>>94790361
>>94790393
hmm all fairly solid points.
>>
>>94790361
This is unfortunately becoming increasingly common.

Also, in this day and age fandoms are more outspoken than ever, and they're also interacting with creators via social media, sometimes negatively, which can also lead to this>>94790393

When people are fans of something they often seek a community of fans to participate in celebrating the show, so a toxic community can hamper your enjoyment while a harmonious one can enhance it.

That being said, a shitty fanbase alone isn't adequate justification to say a show sucks, but when a fanbase becomes cancerous to the point that any discussion about the show turns into an avalanche of shit, it makes some degree of sense as to why people gain an aversion to it being discussed.

There's a reason MLP needed to be quarantined to its own board. It might not seem bad now, but at the height of its popularity here, it was cancer the likes of which I can't begin to describe, despite the fact that most of its detractors wouldn't say it's a bad show.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.