[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The one thing Marvel TV is doing better than the MCU is making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Defenders-Agents-of-SHIELD-1.jpg (86KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Defenders-Agents-of-SHIELD-1.jpg
86KB, 1024x682px
The one thing Marvel TV is doing better than the MCU is making the stories still connected, but not reliant. Characters crossover and events get referenced across shows, but other than the Defenders, which has a crossover as its basis, you don't have to see each show to understand another one.

AoS is connected to the Netflix shows via news references and the Judas bullet, but you'd never catch that as a glaring reference unless you followed both shows.

Luke Cage references Jessica Jones, a show he was featured heavily in, but if you just watched his show, you'd still get the full story of that particular series.

Inhumans (fucc u Ike) will apparently only reference AoS via mentioning the contamination of the water and using a visually similar transformation effect.

Compare that to trying to understand Cap 3 without seeing all the Iron Man, Avengers, and maybe some of the other movies in the series (though I did think they explained Ant-Man to casuals well enough).

Thoughts?
>>
>>94784023
>Thoughts?

Nah, I agree. Though not spending $10 to AfterEffects Avengers Tower into the New York skyline in the Netflix shows will never not piss me off.
>>
>>94784045
This.
>>
>>94784023
>>94784023
>but other than the Defenders, which has a crossover as its basis, you don't have to see each show to understand another one.
> Compare that to trying to understand Cap 3 without seeing

Double standard much? Cap 3 was just as much a crossover as Defenders was.

Avengers, AoU, and Cap 3 are the ONLY movies that "require" you to have seen other characters' movies. ("Require" is put in quotes because these are kids movies, and if you can't understand them you're doing something wrong.) They're the crossovers, just like each season of Defenders will be the Netflix crossovers.

You can watch all 3 Iron Man movies without watching anything else, even the Avengers. You can watch both Thor movies without anything else. Same for Cap 1 and 2. Guardians is completely separate so far. Outside of Spider-man's brief Civil War flashbacks, none of the other solo movies have major references to other movies at all.

TL;DR - The level of crossover is exactly the same.
>>
>>94784045
Why? They're non canon for a reason.
>>
>>94784045
That has to do with the rights. Disney has the rights to the Avengers Tower but Stan Lee productions has the rights on the TV shows.
>>
>>94784751
You can't watch Iron Man 3 without watching The Avengers.

The whole thing was about Iron Man's PTSD after going through the hole in the universe and almost dying.
>>
>>94785090
Disney owns Marvel TV
>>
>>94785117
>You can't watch Iron Man 3 without watching The Avengers.
Sure, but if you're not stupid, you can also just figure out "oh he has PTSD because of the New York incident." It's all spelled out in the movie.

Stop trying to make things more complicated than they are.
>>
>>94785090
That's not even remotely true. How did you even decide to make that up?
>>
>>94784023
Sadly only, Daredevil is good.
>>
>>94785298
>he still thinks AoS isn't good
>>
>>94784751
Strictly speaking the only movies you need to see to understand Avengers plotwise are First Avenger and Thor.
>>
>>94784023
>references

make the characters show up in another shows or it doesn't count
>>
>>94784023
>Compare that to trying to understand Cap 3 without seeing all the Iron Man, Avengers, and maybe some of the other movies in the series (though I did think they explained Ant-Man to casuals well enough).
My friend did that and still loved Civil War. They aren't that difficult to get into. You just can't be that retard who keeps asking "What's that?" all the time.
>>
>>94785117
Are you serious? Please, explain to me how his love for Pepper, extremis, the Mandarin, and Killian's petty bitch-fest were connected to Avengers. Literally the only thing in the movie even remotely related was Tony's panic attacks. Even the fact that he was obsessively making suits wasn't dependent in any way on Avengers, since he's been doing that since the first Iron man movie.
>>
>>94784023
AoS should be referenced in the MCU movies. Even something small, like that shield does exist again.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.