[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know of comic books, cartoons or just art in gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Cyberpop.jpg (586KB, 1304x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpop.jpg
586KB, 1304x1920px
Does anyone know of comic books, cartoons or just art in general done in the style of the opening from Dirty Pair: Project Eden? Pic related are some frames from it but here's the whole OP for those who won't mind spending a minute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE_CewGiHsI

Basically something with neon colors, cyberpunk, sexy etc. Anything that comes close to what you see.
>>
This color palette reminnds me of:
f1x-2.deviantart.com
thanuka.com Tomer and his brother Asaf have made The Divine comic
dwdesign.tumblr.com
Also:
All the shit that Brendan McCarthy and Peter Milligan have made together
Prince of cats by Ron Wimberly
Belladonna of Sadness
Kuzimu by Brett Uren
The Prisone shattered visage
>>
>>94782045
Thanks a lot for those anon. Belladonna of Sadness is one of my favorite movies and I looked over some of the other stuff you mentioned and it all fits into what I've mentioned.
>>
You're asking for American comic books utilizing an Anime aesthetic developed over decades of stylistic inbreeding.

Check out California Crisis or The SoulTaker.
>>
>>94782167
Seen those. I don't think it has much to do with the country. The comic books anon pointed out here:
>>94782045
Fit even better than the examples you mentioned despite not being anime.
>>
A bunch of it reminds me of the James Bond opening. It's also super huge on use of negative space, they then refill that negative space with both color and additional layers.

I can't think of anything that does that off the top of my head, and that's completely separating it from the color choices.

I think those colors weren't even commonly available until about 1980 or so, so that can help restrict your search.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.