[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT tropes you LOVE. >For want of a nail >Heroic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

File: 1470945800744.gif (888KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1470945800744.gif
888KB, 480x270px
ITT tropes you LOVE.

>For want of a nail
>Heroic BSOD
>Berserker RAGE
>>
File: 1502161057979.png (288KB, 792x648px) Image search: [Google]
1502161057979.png
288KB, 792x648px
So.... Jasper thread?
IT'S TIME TO REVEAL MY TRUE POWER
>>
File: image 41.png (4KB, 547x487px) Image search: [Google]
image 41.png
4KB, 547x487px
>>94772967
>>For want of a nail
>work focuses on how good the main cast is with the main character and how influential he is on their lives
>work eventually has an alternate universe take on the group
>the main character isn't even alive at the same time, but everyone else is exactly the same as they were
>turns out the main character actually meant next to nothing to them and was an expendable character
>>
>>94773241
>>for want of a nail
>work focuses on how awful a certain character is with the main cast and how much of a negative influence she is on their lives
>work eventually has an alternate timeline take on the group
>said character is now alive, and everyone else is completely different from where they were before
>turns out said character actually meant everything to them and was critical to their character development
>>
File: image.png (334KB, 750x817px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
334KB, 750x817px
>>94772967
>>Heroic BSOD
Good taste

>MC is mistrusted or loses trust of main group
>heroically wins back their trust and they apologize for treating them poorly

>superhero has their identity revealed

>MC isn't a borderline retard like 90% of /co/ protags
>>
>>94773416
>superhero has their identity revealed

Preferably with a metric fuckton of dramatic tension. That's always the best part.
>>
>MC brings the bantz
>>
>he's right behind me isn't he
>>
>show makes fun of itself through in-universe metaphors
Dinosaurs, the old Jim Henson sitcom, was the master at this.
>>
>before the final showdown against the unstoppable enemy happens
>hero's friend(s) or love one(s) encourage the hero for one last time
>saying that hero's actions and virtues are what ultimately give hero the strength and victory
>>
File: 1503077285599.gif (2MB, 568x415px) Image search: [Google]
1503077285599.gif
2MB, 568x415px
>villain focused episode
>theme song is performed by villains as opposed to protagonists
>>
>Give me your weapons.
>characters start to take off a moderate amount of guns/knives, etc
>ALL your weapons
>Characters start to pull out ridiculous/oversized/bizarre weapons from bizarre places until a stack bigger than them
>>
>>94780915
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAMPsIAuszA
>>
>>94775755
I'm retarded. What's bantz?
>>
>Is It Something You Eat?

>Valley Girl

>Surreal Theme Tune

>Hartman Hips

>Rule of Cool

Just a small sample of my favorite tropes.
>>
>>94781120
Man Dreamworks early stuff is so underrated
>>
File: 1473112134767.gif (3MB, 1000x776px) Image search: [Google]
1473112134767.gif
3MB, 1000x776px
>>94772967
>Heel-face realization
Hard to do, because you shouldn't see it from a mile away, and it has to genuinely make sense.
Simple Heel-face turn can be nice too, but they are fucked up a lot more easily, because the character can just switch places for it suiting them better, and not because they care about other than themselves.

>Rivals team up
Bonus points if the rival doesn't just becomes the member of the party, and fades into obscurity, but gets back to rivalling and being a badass on his own right

>Obscure/underestimated/joke character rises to the occasion and saves the day
Important; doesn't count if they go back to being a joke right in the next episode.

>Knightly Protectors who do anything to fight for their ward, and they succeed/come very close in a badass manner
>Character makes an open oath/promise to fight/kill/hurt in the heat of the moment, and you know that shit is getting real
>>
>>94780915
>removes false leg and shakes out several weapons and alchoholic refreshment.
>>
>>94781849
>joke right in the next episode
this pains the me.

>joke or background character shows they were a badass all along and just avoided fighting because they didn't feel like it/wanted the hero to learn and grow in skill.
>background character sacrifices themselves only to return later (only if they seem changed by their ordeal)
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>94772967
>Evil vs. Evil
>>
genocide tropers
>>
Normally polite and courteous heroes suddenly going on a massive tirade on someone out while using biting and very personal insults is the absolute best.
>>
File: elqonUB.jpg (217KB, 2048x1174px) Image search: [Google]
elqonUB.jpg
217KB, 2048x1174px
>>94772967
The Godzilla Threshold
Lensman Arms Race
>>
>>94772967
>hero and villain team up to fight bigger evil
>after the day is saved villain takes advantge of the hero having his guard down to steal something/ pull a minor msdeed and get away
>some adkd the hero whay to do now that the villain is back at it
>"we'll give him a five minute head start"
>both villain and hero laugh
>>
File: SOT49.jpg (1MB, 980x1515px) Image search: [Google]
SOT49.jpg
1MB, 980x1515px
Honestly rage and beserker moments... those are my fav.
>>
>Villain-focused episode about the main villain wants to quit
>An angel comes to him, shows him that the world would be better off without him as a way to show that him quitting would be good
>Instead, he sees it as proof that he can make the hero's life worse, this makes him even more determined then ever to reach his goal of defeating the hero
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.