[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>announce show about a team of street level heroes >first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

>announce show about a team of street level heroes
>first show that will build in to this series establishes the origin story of Wilson Fisk/Kingpin, who is basically the quintessential street level Marvel villain
>two years and five seasons worth of television later, the team-up show is finally released
>Fisk doesn't even get so much as a namedrop

What the fuck are they doing?
>>
>>94769343
I honestly can't think of a single thing about Marvel Netflix shows that couldn't be described as a wasted potential.
>>
>>94769343
Taking an actor as good as D'Onofrio and making Fisk behave like a petulant manchild about everything, instead of letting D'Onofrio get the opportunity to play his cool, smug, psychological typecast self, should have been your first warning flag things were going to be shit about all of this.
>>
>>94769343
I said this in the last thread, but superhero film/TV productions are obsessed with this bizarre idea of 'stakes' where the only 'stakes' that'd matter are the possibility of the city or planet being destroyed, especially in team-up shows. So the Defenders is about the Hand undertaking an incredibly generic plot to destroy New York because...?

Yes, Fisk would have been a better villain, absolutely. He better suits the smaller scale, long-form storytelling of the Netflix shows.
>>
>>94769448
>>94769448
I don't know, I think that the Kingpin is a manchild at heart. It's why the first season of Daredevil worked well as an origin story. Having that rage boiling under the surface at all times, ready to explode at any moment, makes him terrifying.

I do hope that his characterization has changed by the next time we see him though. He's already started to grow as a character from his scenes in prison in season 2, already more comfortable with the world of crime.

In fact, I'd say the scene between Matt and Fisk in prison is my favourite scene from any of these Netflix productions for that very reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFRArt9QCb8
>You're regaining power in here?!
>Yes, ask my lawyer, he'll deny it. Ask the guards, they'll deny it. Ask the inmates here...they'll cut their tongues out before they talk!
Perfect.
>>
>>94769343
i wish street level heroes would stick to street level shit. new york being on the brink of collapse is avengers-tier shit.
>>
File: 1496948935078.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1496948935078.png
177KB, 367x321px
It's on the brink of collapse...and it's all located in one building.
>>
Is he gonna be in Punisher? I thought they were setting up a rivalry there
>>
>>94769468
that's producers in general. in the director's commentary even the Futurama guys say the producers were constantly hounding them to raise the stakes of their eps despite being a sitcom. It was in the ep with the Harlem Globetrotters
>>
We should have just stuck with Daredevil and Frank by extension. But beyond that, MCU TV is just a reminder of shit we can't use for movies now. Ghost Rider meeting Dr Strange? Daredevil teaming up with Spider-Man? Not ever happening now
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.