[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Nickelodeon's version of TMNT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles.jpg (171KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles.jpg
171KB, 1000x800px
What are your thoughts on Nickelodeon's version of TMNT?
I never really saw it but it doesn't seem that bad.
>>
>>94763445
Starts off good. Become meh afterwards. Keeps relying on status quo stuff. By the time the last season comes and changes stuff you are already tired. Kinda like Adventure Time.
>>
>>94763666
This. It never actually goes anywhere. I also hated what they did with Karai. The entire time you get the feeling like she's going to join the turtles, but then they keep making up bullshit to prevent that from happening.
>>
File: the beauty and the autist.jpg (33KB, 350x290px) Image search: [Google]
the beauty and the autist.jpg
33KB, 350x290px
>>94763666
>>94763762
Does April's radical difference in age and appearance add anything noteworthy or is there not much impact?
>>
>>94764090
She is much more annoying and I hated the powers they gave her. April's character is supposed to be normal compared to the mutants, psycho vigilantes, and aliens
>>
>>94763762
Yeah they repeat plotlines way too often.

i.e. Splinter getting killed
Karai not being able to be demutated
Mikey seeing something and the other turtles don't believe him
Love triangle with April, Don, and Casey
April's father getting mutated (and not being able to be demutated

And if I recall the turtles only fought Shredder one-on-one once back in season one
>>
>>94763445
The writing sucks. Some things they changed worked and the ones that didn't were really bad. I'm only in for the character design and the few good arcs it had.
>>
>>94763445
I recently got done watching it, and on the whole I enjoyed it. More so than the 2003 series, which was unexpected.

The writing is easily the weakest part of it though. Karai and/or April being the center of the universe for what felt like 90% of the episodes got old quickly. And too many character death fake-outs really undermines it when it happens for real.

Feels like a bit of a missed opportunity, because it could have been really great with some better stories.
>>
>>94763445
Better animation, choreography, and humor than 2003 series.

Writing was better in some ways, but worse in far more ways. 2 or 3 really good arcs amidst a sea of boring ones.

Side characters were hit and miss.

>>94764302
Didn't they fight him one-on-one when Leo killed him in one of the more recent season finales?
>>
Its good comes close to 2003 and is pretty dark. Not the best plotlines but a decent take on the mythos. The fights and mutants are cool and fun. Casey jones says goongala which i love april is a little shitty but ok. Overall i give 7.5/ 10
2003 >2011>the mini cartoons>>>>>80s=next mutation
>>
>>94763445
Watch 2K3 instead. It's better in literally every regard.
>>
>>94764251
This shit. The appeal of her was that she was the only normal person the turtles interacted with but she wasn't boring.
Back in the day she didn't need any bullshit psychic powers or special training to keep up with the guys and she gave all the support and help she could provide for the turtles on her own means.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.