[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think about Arin as a voice actor? https://twit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: fartboy.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fartboy.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
what do you think about Arin as a voice actor?

https://twitter.com/egoraptor/status/898827368915124225
>>
>>94758638
He alright.
>>
It's just...just so weird, I remember talking to him on the Newgrounds BBS back when he was first starting out. So many people from those days are becoming major successes, it's unreal. I mean, he's the same age as me and he's got his own company, his own VA career, he's even got his own manager! And me? All I have in my life is fucking shitposting on various boards here, getting mad about inconsequential garbage while the rest of the world flutters by. Every day I wonder what would have happened if I just buckled down a bit more when I was young, if I had tried harder instead of pissing away my time with the self-assurance that "I'll get to being a success later, I have time to kill now".

Anyway, I think it's great he's got a VA career, even though it's all voices I've heard before and am not particularly impressed with.
>>
>>94758857
Feel the same way bro, just dropped MAD CASH on a professional mic set up, gonna start sending out my demo soon. Building a website on Squarespace, it's gonna happen...
>>
huh....well guess he's come a long way since The Tester. It's a real Ashley Burke tale of success minus a cuck brother
>>
>>94758638
He's pretty good. Annunciation is clear, he has a variety of sounds he can do, but he clearly loves it. The only problem I have is his voices don't seem to have much though put in as, but for the things he's hired for, I suppose that's alright. I'd like to see him do something beyond comedy, though. He's good at making silly voices in front of a microphone, but that's not voice acting, that's making silly voices in front of a microphone. It'd be interesting to hear him in an action show and have to sound legitimately sad/angry and not make a silly character voice. His demo reel is pretty good in terms of how a demo reel should be made, and he understands that he doesn't have to go in front of the camera and spend a whole minute saying his name. He just does the slate, shows the reel, and voila. That's how professionals do it, so he's definitely trying to make it up to the big leads.

From what I can tell, he's pretty good, but I'd like to see him do more than silly character voices and actually have him act in something more "adult" and less "lol, quirky Adventure Time style dialogue with silly guest character!" if that makes any sense. It's just as >>94758857 said: " I think it's great he's got a VA career, even though it's all voices I've heard before and am not particularly impressed with." And right now, that's the stage Arin is at. He can do voices, he can do silly characters, but he needs to make his characters more intricate if he wants to be in something more complicated. Sounding authentic is also a matter of worrying.

>>94758886
If you're serious, you GOT to sign up with an agency. Use Actor's Access or something like that. Find professionals in your area that can give you feedback. It's much, much harder than you think to actually do voice over that is passable. It's hard, but it'll pay well. Work on having balls during auditions. The worst part is when you're recording, you're being watched by the director, technician, and etc. It's hard.
>>
>>94758857
>tfw this post made me realize I'm headed down the same path now that I've graduated highschool

fuck.

but just remember anon, it's never too late to turn things around. better late than never.
>>
>>94758857
Dejavu.
>>
He's pretty damn good as a voice actor

as a comedian however he's revolting as hell.
>>
>>94758638
Is Arin a psychopath
>>
File: b92.png (362KB, 600x824px) Image search: [Google]
b92.png
362KB, 600x824px
Is Mighty Magiswords as obnoxious as its characters sound?
>>
>>94759437
yes.

It can be way too fast paced and constantly be jokes per second, and the announcer constantly shouts out the name each time a sword is used. Also outside of Grey as Vambre and the princess, most of the voices are obnoxious as hell, since most of them are Kyle and his friends.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.