[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Doug "literally GamerGame"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 25

File: ten.jpg (450KB, 1164x1164px) Image search: [Google]
ten.jpg
450KB, 1164x1164px
What are your thoughts on Doug "literally GamerGame" Tennapel?
>>
>>94754741
go to /v/ faggot
>>
>>94754741
When I was a kid, I considered him a minor deity for bringing EWJ and NH onto this unworthy planet. As I grew up and got myself the Internet (in early 2000s) I found out he kinda didn't make that much since. I watched Catscratch and it was unremarkable. Not bad, but ultimately forgettable. I've read Creature Tech - it had some good moments, but was also kinda neither here nor there. And I think I figured him out. He is a brilliant visionary but a pretty weak storyteller. EWJ (both games and the show) didn't really had a plot - it had setting and it worked. The story of NH was written by some other people. So he is one of those creative guys who absolutely had to be a part of a team and not in the leading position. Someone has to keep him in check. But as an artist and someone who made himself a name he doesn't want nor feels he needs it. That's why we probably won't ever get anything as magical from him anymore.
>>
>>94754778
he did cartoons and comics. in fact more than he worked on games. I'm not the OP but I'll be offended on his behalf and call faggot on you, newfag.
>>
>literally GamerGame
Um...
>>
>>94754741
I think anyone who searches their own name on twitter deserves pity. On top of that his career is so pathetic that you really understand why he has to shout so loud to get any attention.
>>
>>94755465
He's no Tyson Hesse or Rebecca Sugar I'll give you that
>>
>>94755465
I remember this one ep of EWJ when he literally self-inserted himself into the show as the Great Worm Spirit and whined about the show cancellation or some other shit. He even called himself by the name, "hi kids, I am Doug Tennaple, the Great Worm Spirit...". that was awkward...
>>
>>94754741
does he sell those?
because i want a signed drawing of earthworm jim
>>
He seems like kind of a desperate asshole.
>>
>>94755603
this picture is literally an ad for that. I know he does paintings and sells them. so sketches are a nobrainer.
>>
>>94755603
>>94755635

Those are kickstarter bonuses for something or other I think, probably Armikrog
>>
>>94755633
nah, he just doesn't know how to deal with the little fame he has. but he doesn't really abuses it. he did some staff to raise a brow or two, but nothing outrageous to call him an asshole. he mostly just does his little weird things, like this stupid Sockbaby movie or low profile comics and maintains some limited online presence. never making any noise, neither creatively nor publicly. the Armikrog was the biggest thing I guess, but it wasn't even his initiative AFIK. Nowadays he only makes these VeggieTales which is some Christian kids show, but a good one or so I heard... It looks like he made enough money to live quietly in his backwater suburban village and not to worry much.
>>
>>94754741
One of the few actually talented hardcore bigots I've ever heard of
>>
>>94754741
Talented but also a Christian fundie and thus worthless.
>>
>>94755926
t. bigot
>>
The Neverhood is amazing and he deserves a stopmotion show.
>>
Literally /ourguy/
>>
His visual design skills are nothing short of superb. I think he's a gigantic dick, but I"m not afraid of a little diversity in the people who create shit I watch.

>>94755913
If he counts as hardcore, it means your meter only goes up to tepid puding.
>>
>>94754741
Great work, don't agree with him theologically, but who cares?
>>
>>94756267
> who cares
Everybody for whom 3/4 of the value of their work lies in the moral and spiritual values conveyed through it.
So basically almost everybody right now.
>>
>>94755440
Stupid no-good Gaymer Gays!
>>
I've helped crowdfybd his two gigantic leatherbound sketchbooks and Armikrog, so yeah I think he's pretty fucking great as an artist. Bit of a dick as a person, but I couldn't care less about that
>>
>>94755913
>>94755926
>>94755939
>>94756267
>>94756448
wtf are you retards are talking about? I literally learned he was a Christian from wikipedia, and I would never guessed if I didn't, because he keeps it to himself. in no work of his did I see any indication of religious message. admittedly Neverhood is inspired by the creation story, but who cares? did some of you felt like being preached through his works? did yo heard him say something on the topic of religion? again, what the fuck are you talking about? some of you really have to look up "bigot" in the dictionary, because that is what you are.
>>
>>94756812
But that's literally what I said, you idiot.
>>
>>94756829
except you then, whoever you may be, good anon.
>>
>>94756812
>in no work of his did I see any indication of religious message
the entire character of Professor Monkey for a Head from EWJ is Doug making fun of people who believe in evolution
>>
>>94755465
Got bored of trying to slander the Diversity & Comics guy, eh?
>>
File: ratist.jpg (50KB, 325x499px) Image search: [Google]
ratist.jpg
50KB, 325x499px
>>94754741
Anyone here read Ratfist (2011)? The page-by-page enjoyment is really shaky and includes moments like 'ratfist teleports into Doug TenNapel's home and Doug introduces his family and children by name', but it's well drawn and a pretty interesting experience.
It seems to be about young people not understanding the meaning behind the questionable things that certain powerful people do. PLOT REVEAL: The villain is a smart older man who has found the cure for cancer but is trying to work out it's side effect that it turns people into humanoid animals. Ratfist is a young spiderman-type who's always eager to see himself as the hero and spends his time trying to topple this, and punching the guinea pigs for this cure who have been turned into animals.
It's an interesting message, that people who do bad things are doing them for good reasons and not everyone understands that, but it's definitely apologetic towards the cruel and wealthy. Anyone else looked at this? It seems very personal for Doug.
>>
>>94757271
And you felt proselytized to Christianity because of this?
>>
>>94755939
>>94755913
How is he a bigot? He's just a traditionalist and family man. He's never said anything about politics or the way people should be living. He doesn't want it worse off for anybody as far as any of his work, actions or words go.
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-19_17-44-04.png (446KB, 640x439px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-19_17-44-04.png
446KB, 640x439px
>>94757271
oh really? did he? I mean did he really made an actual single identifiable joke with this character, directed at people who believe in evolution? or is it maybe, just maybe, your interpretation? Because surely monkeys and scientists have never been associated with each other in any other way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3WhdXPaUd8

you know, it is really hard to make fun of religious fanatics, when some guys on "our side" are as presumptuous idiots, making shit up out of thin air, just like as they are.
>>
>>94757762
Earthworm Jim did have an entire episode devoted to evolution, where he treated it like a joke. A funny joke, granted.
>>
>>94757876
a comedy show brings something up for comedic effect? Get a load of this!
>>
>>94756812
In creature tech it's all about giving your heart over to something alien that will make you better. And before the main character truly allows the connection to happen, he sees a vision of the creature crucified.

That's pretty on the nose there buddy.

But hey, maybe you were distracted by all the rad space eels.
>>
File: Hangmen.jpg (69KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hangmen.jpg
69KB, 1024x768px
>>94754741
>>
>>94758316
>RRREEEEEE FUCKING CHRISTIANS GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT
>>
>>94757876
the Darwin's Nightmare episode? where Bob devolves everyone to evolve himself? The only thing that is lampooned in this episode is Jacques-Yves Cousteau. By that logic Super Maraio Bros movie is anti-Darwinist as well as any show that uses http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DevolutionDevice
Do you even nineties? Also the script was written by Doug... but not that one. by Douglas Langdale.

>>94758316
your nose must be a of a football field size... but hey, if you really want to _believe_ Tennaple subliminally brainwashes you into Christianity - who am I to say it's not true?
>>
>>94758406
>>94758514

For the record, there's nothing wrong with being Christian or putting that stuff in your work. I'm just saying, he puts a lot of it front and center in his work.

Except for Iron West. Now that shit is super great.
>>
File: actual-joke-from-the-book.jpg (67KB, 330x485px) Image search: [Google]
actual-joke-from-the-book.jpg
67KB, 330x485px
>>94758316
Don't forget the bad guy is an effeminate scientist weirdo who trades left hands with a demon. But seriously, that book is literally about both science and spirituality both having a place in somebody's life.

I don't think trying to "defend" the guy by claiming he doesn't put thematical connections to his beliefs in his work is doing him any favors (because he does). His work has personality and it's pretty unique in a lot of ways as well ; the difference with the usual theme-infusion we see in /co/ is that this one doesn't "concern itself" with issues and values simply because the authors realizes it has litte else going for it.
>>
>>94758316
It's a message of selflessness with Christian imagery. No need to throw out the baby with the bathwater on this one, Doug doesn't tell you you're going to hell or that you need to go to church. He simply uses a personal symbol to invoke the idea of thinking outside of yourself. I understand religion is very complicated and oppressive noawadays but you don't need to receive any symbolism you see as an attack against your character and loyalty.
>>
>>94756812
Creature Tech and Earthboy Jacobus are both heavily inspired by his faith. He says as much in interviews. They are pretty preachy.
That being said, he's been fairly public about his dislike of homosexuality, transgender people, atheists, and so on. Which may not bother you all that much. He's a good artist but he's also kind of a tool, which means he's in good company because a majority of artists are tools.
>>
>>94754741
sorted into the same pile that John K is in. creative geniuses and visionaries that are also self-centered insufferable assholes
>>
>>94754741
One of the few game industry leaders who cares more about the fans then about the industry clique.
>>
>>94755775
>Nowadays he only makes these VeggieTales which is some Christian kids show, but a good one or so I heard
/co/ needs country flags at this point
>>
>>94758647
I'm not denying using imagery. I even >>94756812 admitted he did myself.
>>94758647
>he's been fairly public about his dislike of homosexuality, transgender people, atheists, and so on
I also said "he did some staff to raise a brow or two". But it's not like he is calling for holocosting the said groups or whatever.

I strongly disagree with the notion that he preaches and "spreads the good news" and shit. If you watch Robocop commentary you'll know that Verhoeven envisioned him as the "American Jesus" with all that "dying for our sins", resurrecting, and bringing the message... only with a gun. I'm yet to hear about somebody converting to Ch. after watching it. Using some imagery or elements and being inspired by != promoting the source material.
>>
>>94755913
> tumblr said it so it must be true
OK, so are you going to back that up or are you waltzing in here thinking "Christian who doesn't hide it = bigot"?

For the record I'm not Christian either but lacking any evidence on your part I'm inclined to assume you're underage.
>>
>>94758686
Wow that's really harsh to say about Doug Tennapel. You really think he's as bad as John K? John K isn't even talented.
>>
>>94758686
>self-centered insufferable assholes
Why? Because he's not dependent on any industry and is willing to express his beliefs through work? John K's a talented but shiftless lecher with an identity crisis so bad he pretends its normal to go half a decade working on the same unfinished piece of free animation as if anyone cared. Doug TenNapel's a constantly working independent creative type who is able to run his own projects to completion successfully in a way that allows him to do his own thing without compromising his freedom to express his beliefs. You can follow Doug TenNapel. Can you really follow John K?
>>
>>94758647
>he's been fairly public about his dislike of homosexuality, transgender people, atheists, and so on

> he dislikes the identity politics I identify with, that makes him a bigot

No, he has an opinion. Grow the fuck up.
>>
His comics are very good but that doesn't make his political stances not insane.
>>
>>94759037
>his political stances not insane
link me these insane political stances
>>
>>94759028
Do you even know what the word bigot means?
>>
>>94759055
He literally believes that God is real, in a physical sense. Not a metaphor. He belongs in a cage.
>>
>>94759061
Its definition is applicable to those who disagree with him here as well

>>94759080
> he believes in religion, LOCK HIM UP!!!
holy shit dude, I'm agnostic and I think you need incarceration more than he does
>>
Why does modern /co/ defend religious insanity? No one would be defending this idiot's right to disbelieve in evolution a few years ago. Everyone would agree that he's a shithead and laugh at him.
>>
>>94759116
>making excuses for delusional religious trash

The world would be a better place if you died. I'll leave it at that.
>>
>>94755926
And if he was Muslim, Jewish, Atheistic, or anything else you wouldn't care.

As an atheist, I fucking despise people like you. You're just as sheltered as the people you claim to hate. Grow up.
>>
File: DGURlPUVYAAz0kV.jpg (135KB, 1080x977px) Image search: [Google]
DGURlPUVYAAz0kV.jpg
135KB, 1080x977px
>>94759055
He cares so much about pissing off people he doesn't see eye to eye with that he sabotages his career. That's insanity.
>>
>>94759124
>No one would be defending this idiot's right to disbelieve in evolution a few years ago
And if his works explicitly expressed that concept in an undeniable fashion we would, just as we make fun of Jack Chick and his ilk.

You're just asspained because we aren't lighting torches and carrying pitchforks for what he personally believes. News fucking flash, we aren't your personal army.

>>94759135
Don't cut yourself on all that edge, you want to live to thirteen.
>>
>>94759080
well, you believe you are fit to sentence people to freedom deprivation on account of their "thought crimes" against your world view - clearly you are a better person and deserves a medal.
>>
>>94759155
I'm real confused here, I see a guy willing to engage someone who disagrees with him without hurling insults. What do you see that I don't?
>>
>>94759183
muh misgendering
>>
>>94759183
Heather is a girl. It's okay that you want to play dumb but it's the world we live in now.
>>
>>94759155
OH
MY
GOD
HE MISGENDERED A SNOWFLAKE
KILL HIM NOW

You're allowed to pretend you aren't a man, but outside New York City no one is obligated to humor you.
>>
>>94758316
Do you hate evangelion too?
>>94758647
Please show me wich character he made is an attack against homosexuals
>>
>>94759232
>Heather is a girl
"is"
that means XX chromosomes, not "muh feelings"
>>
>>94759235
>>94759258
Too care about it to the point that you sabotage yourself is insanity. It does not matter what people want to call themselves and it cost nothing to not be a dick.
>>
>>94759232
Look up pictures of Heather and ask yourself if you'd use female pronouns with that person without being aware of their preferences.
>>
>>94759080
What is your stance on Muslim migration?
>>
>>94759028
Yes, his...bigoted opinions. I'm not saying he's not allowed to have them. I'm just saying it makes him a shitty person.

That aside, the anon who said he basically needs to be part of a team to flourish is right. Amerikrogg wasn't great and it was particularly because he was calling the shots.
I'll always appreciate him for Skullmonkeys.
>>
>>94759297
>that you sabotage yourself
In what sense did this occur beyond you naively believing he somehow blackballed himself without any evidence of it having occurred?
>>
>>94759316
His last comic was published 5 years ago.
>>
>>94759124
>Modern co
You haven't been here longer than a year
>>
>>94759310
>it makes him a shitty person
just say shitlord, it's what you meant and equally dismissible

People, artists in particular, have strongly held opinions and they aren't obligated to align with your own. They never were and never will be.

30 years ago the people demanding litmus tests were conservatives. Now they're self-styled progressives. If you waste time analyzing the personal lives and beliefs of creatives you are in fact the shit person because you've become addicted to identity politics and epistemological closure where the only allowable people are those who you believe to share your own positions on everything.

No one cares except you and a few saber rattling internet people and some really terrible journalists mostly in the UK.

As a lifelong liberal I am here to tell you there is no fucking "right side of history."
>>
>>94759329
You have a story about him having his work rejected by publishers between then and now, or are you the sort to conflate inference with implication?
>>
>>94754741
Finally a thread on doug and It's ruined by a random intolerant to religion translet sjw
Why did i expect sonething else?
>>
>>94759080
Where did he say that? Metaphysics are very real, you'd have to show me something pretty damning for me to believe he thinks a flesh and blood large magical giant is sitting atop some clouds, instead of you just being a touchy youth who thinks any talk of characterized metaphysics is an attack against them?
>>
>>94759297
Sobtage? Doug's doing damn fine. Finishes a major project around every other year, and is an upper-middle class creative and a family man. What's the problem? I think his humility with his career goes well in line with his expressed beliefs.
>>
>>94759329
>His last comic was published 5 years ago.
thats when he started working on Armikrog (not to mention VeggieTales in the House, where he is writer and executive producer). Do you know how labor intensive animation is. especially stop motion animation?
>>
Doug started with EWJ and ended with EWJ

That's bible-thumping for you. I'm not even talking about his blog or twitter shitstorms, it's seeping in everything he's doing.
>>
>>94759688
Oh yes, going from making his own comics to that bug infested game and religious fruit propaganda. He's doing great.
>>
>>94759757
>blog or twitter shitstorms, it's seeping in everything he's doing

its only because from your perspective "everything he's doing" starts and ends with twiter-shitting. you know, the universe exists outside of internet...
>>
>>94759789
What is your definition of 'great'? He's a working professional cartoonist who has always been able to find a job. You just don't like that he's a talent who does work that you don't agree with. Veggie Tales isn't even pro-church and never brings up Christ.
>>
>>94755379
>He is a brilliant visionary but a pretty weak storyteller.
This summarizes most artists/animators. People tend to forget that vidya, cartoons/animation, films, comics and so on are collaborative works of a team of people that specialize in particular skills.
>>
>>94759826
>Veggie Tales isn't even pro-church
>>
File: religetables.jpg (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
religetables.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
>>94759826
Totally not pro church
>>
>>94759789
ok, let me get this straight (or "non-sexually diverse" if the word "straight" triggers you). You really thinks he's done some carrier damage to himself and is being ostracized by publishers because he called some self-proclaimed-female a "good man"? That's your point?
>>
>>94759947
My point is it's been five years since he's done anything which also happens to be around the time he started posting crazy things online. Maybe if he spent less time defending the Charlottesville protesters on twitter he might be able to make something besides vegetable based religious work.
>>
>>94760106
1, Armikrog
2. >vegetable based religious work
key word "work". why do you think he is doing it out of desperation?
take your head out of your ass. he is working on things he wants to work on in the moment.who said the comics thing wasn't a phase in between tv and game work?
>>
>>94760217
1. Garbage
2. Garbage
>>
>>94760106
Anon why are you so focused on his work on Veggie Tales?
>>
>>94760260
Okay we get it. You think he's a bad person because he doesn't work on your favorite personal type of media. I guess that explains why you bitch so much.
>>
>>94760260
and EWJ & NH were so brilliant because he made them in his atheistic gay-loving years... grow the fuck up.
>>
>>94760275
Because it's the only thing he's done in the past 3 years?
>>94760283
>>94760293
If he would make good things instead of bad ones it wouldn't matter. His politics have no weight on whether I enjoy his work.
>>
>>94760332
>Because it's the only thing he's done in the past 3 years?
No. I'm talking about how you seem to think less of him for having a career in animation working on a religion themed cartoon.
>>
>>94760332
>If he would make good things instead of bad ones it wouldn't matter.
>>94760106
>if he spent less time defending the Charlottesville protesters on twitter he might be able to make something besides vegetable based religious work.

so, if he did something good - his socio-theo-political views wouldn't matter, but as long as he producing garbage - his political stance must be the cause... I see...
>>
File: goalposts.jpg (89KB, 594x395px) Image search: [Google]
goalposts.jpg
89KB, 594x395px
>>94760260
>>94760332
>He hasn't made ANYTHING in the past 5 years he's a fucking white male
>No those things he's made in the past 5 years don't count.
Sure pal.
>>
>>94760426
It's not that it's religion themed, it's that it isn't good. There is a difference between Veggie Tales and Prince of Egypt
>>94760439
You need to work on your reading comprehension, my post said he hasn't made any comics in 5 years.
>>
>>94760439
>so, if he did something good - his socio-theo-political views wouldn't matter, but as long as he producing garbage - his political stance must be the cause... I see...
If he focused on working on good things instead of shitposting online maybe the quality of his work would be better? Armikrog was a steaming pile of garbage, unplayable because of bugs but Doug was saying it was going to be this great spiritual successor to Netherhood.
>>
>>94760496
>It's not that it's religion themed, it's that it isn't good. There is a difference between Veggie Tales and Prince of Egypt
Maybe, just maybe he enjoys making cartoons that teach kids important life lessons. He's still making a career out of his talents as an artist/creator.
>>
>>94760569
Virtually every artist shit posts on twitter, it's just that most of them are loonie lefties so they get a pass. The only difference between Doug and every other jackass on twitter is that he's conservative.
>>
>>94760450
don't you dare question anon's logic - everything anon-kun labels as "garbage" must involve zero effort in making and zero returns financially. therefore its pointless and doesn't even exist.

>>94760496
>You need to work on your reading comprehension, my post said he hasn't made any comics in 5 years.
there is a 8 year gap between his 1st and 2nd comics whereas he was pumping out games and tv-shows every 1-3 years. why do you even think comics is his primary occupation?
>>
>>94760638
This thread is "Doug should get a pass on his stance because he's just a pro-family conservative" litterally. If America was a good comic I wouldn't care about it's writers crazy shitposting. Steranko and Ditko are great but they have insane political ideals too and I don't care.
>>
File: 1466134132635.jpg (84KB, 563x569px) Image search: [Google]
1466134132635.jpg
84KB, 563x569px
>>94754741
Guarantee you all the people who give him shit because he's Christian regularly leap to Islam's defence.
>>
File: 1456338912132.jpg (14KB, 286x240px) Image search: [Google]
1456338912132.jpg
14KB, 286x240px
>>94759155
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>94760733
It's really just you and maybe one other guy saying he's shit for not dedicating his career to adult comics and cartoons.
>>
>4chan is now so hell bent on being contrarians that they're vehemently defending fundamentalist christianity
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ladqdImPBs

People are mentioning some "shitposting on twitter" but as far as I've seen hes called someone a "good man". I think this the whole "Doug is an asshole" thing came out of his undoubtedly Inflated <strike>head</strike> ego. But thats a good thing for an artist - at least he doesn't end up like >>94760031

He is fairly moderate, yet consistent in his views. He is not starting fires. He is not preaching and forcing his views on anybody. So he doesn't like gays. not liking doesn't mean being intolerant. find me some example of him actually treating someone like shit. (and no, a polite refusal to play with a trans in his/her role play does not counted as such)
>>
>>94761158
I'm not saying that it has to be adult, just good. His previous children/ya work was fantastic.
>>
>>94761195
not immediately jumping on someone's ass because he is <label> doesn't mean defending. 4chan is just not tumblr

well, not always
>>
>>94761240
Explain to me what's wrong with Veggie Tales.
>>
>>94761080
whenever anyone says shit like this or "BASED" I'm pretty much convinced that they're underage
>>
>>94761195
He's not a fundamentalist
>>
File: DGVidheUQAI6v2g.jpg (92KB, 749x1058px) Image search: [Google]
DGVidheUQAI6v2g.jpg
92KB, 749x1058px
>>94759155
Accepting you have to dance to the beat of the sorry excuse for journalism that the entertainment industry has so they don't rally people against you as their self-validating cause of the month; that IS insanity
>>
>>94761288
>defending fundies
>le tumblr bogeyman
new, fresh, delicious
>>
>>94761341
Good for you
>>
>>94761411
He's not a fundamentalist
>>
He made Earthworm Jim, so I can never hate him.
>>
>>94754741
Well he's not a Muslim so liberals don't worship him
>>
I still support him

One of the nicest people I've talked to
>>
>>94761394
>mean-spirited satire

what
>>
>>94761297
It would be like if Paul Pope decided to drop everything and work for Video Brinquedo. Or if James Harren went to work for whatever studio makes the animation for The Gweneral commercials.
>>
File: tmp_imgur_reaction1120084962.gif (421KB, 215x194px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_imgur_reaction1120084962.gif
421KB, 215x194px
>>94761424
BTFO BOIIII BASEDDDDD XD
>>
>>94756448
>Earthworm Jim is secretly about hating gays.
Yeah.

Nah.

You're a cunt.
>>
He also came to /v/ once. Great guy.
>>
>>94761496
Thanks buddy
>>
File: doug btfo neogaf.png (40KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
doug btfo neogaf.png
40KB, 638x425px
>>94759155
>>
>>94759329
He's busy being a dad and working on the Veggietales Netflix series as the head writer, along with Mike Nelson
>>
>>94761465
>>mean-spirited satire

>>>94757271
>Professor Monkey for a Head from EWJ is Doug making fun of people who believe in evolution

this maybe? animal cruelty? mental health-shaming (Psychocrow?) Who knows what ass gamejour pulls this kind of shit out?
>>
>>94761479
Nigger tell me what is wrong with Veggie Tales as a show. Quit dodging the question. Or better yet tell me what's wrong with working on Veggie Tales since you don't have any actual argument about the quality.
>>
>>94759310
>bigoted opinions.
There is nothing bigoted about disagreeing with skin-deep identity politics.

The definition of "bigot" was literally just posted.
>>
>>94761562
I never knew Doug brought such spicy bantz
>>
>>94761603

I wouldn't call it mean spirited, but it is satire.

Same with Bob the goldfish talking like a southern preacher.
>>
File: 3119-MLB4829088447_082013-O.jpg (23KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
3119-MLB4829088447_082013-O.jpg
23KB, 500x334px
>>94761611
I wasn't dodging the question, Veggie Tales is on the same level as the two studios I mentioned. Working on that is no different than having your name on this.
>>
>The value of one's art is commensurate to the value of one's involvement in the political status quo of the current era.

I am always amazed that self-proclaimed fascists protest fascism.
>>
>>94761707
>whines about the studio
>"tell me what's wrong with VT as a show"
If only the good people of Charlottesville were as good as dodging as you are.
>>
>>94761763
I'm sorry, can you explain what you aren't understanding about my complaint? The quality of the cartoon is poor. Is there a simpler way I could say that for you?
>>
>>94761707
What is your fucking argument? You're not saying anything about the actual goddamn show.
>>
>>94761844
It is of a poor quality, from writing to animation to character design. Do you work for VeggieTales anon?
>>
>>94761819
What is poor about it you absolute faggot. What qualities of this cartoon aren't meeting your standards?
>>
>>94754741
I really want to know what the guy who made earthworm jim thinks about gays. this is very salient information.
>>
>>94761659
Bob doesn't speak in the game. The game isn't really a satire. In fact apart from Major Mucus maybe, who is a play on stereotypical US army man... It's pure absurdist take on the superhero/anthropomorphic animals genre...
>>
>>94761875
It teaches life lessons to growing children with colorful and simple characters to keep their attention. How is this show worse than any other children's show?
>>
>>94761918

I meant the cartoon. He did help with that, at least a little. Turns out no one really wanted to, feeling it was a cheap cash grab to promote the games and toys.

And its one of the best vidya adaptations ever made despite that. Go figure.
>>
File: QFYXXv.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
QFYXXv.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>94761880
Nothing anon, who could have a problem with high quality animation like this or plots like "Why do I need to be circumcised"
>>94761955
Sesame Street does the same thing but manages to not be shit.
>>
Armikrog sucked. When people say they are nostalgic for point-and-click adventure games they don't actually mean that they want to spend hours, clicking around until you find the tiny interactable object that progresses the game along.
>>
>>94761955
There are childrens shows out there that do the same thing but manage to also be good. Peep and The Big Wide World is one.
>>
>>94761978
You aren't even using a clip from the new show. Doug didn't work on the original VT.

How fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>94761967
I know what you meant, but kotakians probably do not even know there were a EWJ TV. they are ripping on the game. on the hd remake if I understand it right...
>>
>>94759832
what are some good storytellers?
>>
>>94762040
Oh I'm sure the quality has gone up a lot. Lets see some from the new show anon?
>>
>>94762077
Why the fuck is it my responsibility to justify your insane hatred for some guy you know nothing of?

Fuck off, you bigoted asshole.
>>
>>94762096
I don't hate Tennapel anon, I love the majority of his past work.
>>
>>94762051

The remake was pretty disappointing in several ways. The humor was not one of them, aside from that lazy use of Keyboard Cat.
>>
>>94762121
Fuck off.
>>
>>94762040
>>94762077
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhAAUomKz_Y
Idunno guys, just quick google for VTItH and its pretty decent. if I were 5yo - I would be all over it.
>>
>>94759232
no, heather is a man with a mutilated penis.
>>
>>94762148
It's true though, Ghostopolis was great
>>
>>94762139
But was it meanspirited? I doubt (I really don't know, just watched some streams)
>>
>>94761589
>mike nelson

really? huh.
>>
>>94762214

No more than the original version. Which wasn't mean spirited at all. You COULD see Professor-Monkey-For-A-Head as satire, or you could just see it as a wacky idea for a character. Either one works.
>>
>>94761707
Don't you talk shit about Ratatoing, fucker.
>>
>>94762174
Hey it does look alright. Thanks for doing some basic research.
>>
>>94761195
I just want people to stop making a big deal out of politics and just enjoy stories for what they are.
Why do you need everyone to live up to your precise worldview for you to enjoy their work?
>>
>>94762339
I think if people knew half of the crazy shit like Ditko believes they would loose it. You have to be able to separate the person from their product, Charles Manson wrote some pretty good songs.
>>
>>94761195
Scat is a sexual preference. There are other people who just like being shit on or watching other people shit. I don't think anyone would argue this doesn't qualify as a sexual preference.

I find it disgusting. Like, vomit inducing. I don't want anything to do with it. I think the people who are into are weird and gross. They may be good people, but they're good people who like weird and gross things.

Does this stance make me hateful towards coprophiliacs? Honest question.
>>
>>94762476
>fetishes are the same as orientations
You really don't want to yiff down that road
>>
>>94762476
>comparing scat to Christianity.

*tips trilby*
>>
>>94762400
what does he believe?
>>
>>94762538
Objectivism.
>>
>>94762514
>Fetishes are the same as orientations
Name one substantive difference, please.
>>94762517
I'm comparing a sexual preference to another sexual preference.

I don't really know where you got the idea I was comparing scat to Christianity.
>>
>>94762538
Hard-core Objectivism to the point where he sees no value in work he's already gotten paid for so he is known to use priceless original artwork for art room rags.
>>
>>94762561

I thought you meant actually crazy. like lizard people trying to rape me crazy.
>>
>>94762626
that sounds like enlightenment. don't tell me you wouldn't love to be able to act that freely and non attached to this mortal realm.
>>
>>94762579
While orientation and paraphilias share some similarities they differ on others to the extent that they aren't considered the same.
>>
>>94762681
>While subjective measure of sexuality and subjective measure of sexuality are similar...
Do you know what "substantive" means?

What, specifically, separates my sexual preference for vaginas for some other guy's sexual preference for being shit on?
>>
>>94761047
>I'm a moderate Christian. That means that while other Christians are joining KKK rallies and bombing other countries, I'm telling you that Christianity is peaceful, while trying to ban abortion and outlaw evolution.
>>
>>94762726
>everythings subjective
Anon, if you just want to be contrarian feel free but I mean there are psychological papers written on the differences between paraphillias and orientation
>>
>>94762669
It's crazy and causing a lot of trouble in the collecting world.
>>
>>94762339
>>94762400
Or the drama around Enders Game movie. the author is apparently homophobic, but in a constructive ideological, non-hateful way, like "I don't like where we as the species socially evolving into - we probably should pull some breaks on it". and all the LGBT SJW swarm got mad and "we shall boycott the movie and destroy this fucker in every way we can". And that's despite one of the EG main themes being about two fundamentally incompatible species trying to find a dialog and what can happen when one or both sides fail. Sadly the movie focuses on some other shit. But the irony... also boycotting the movie the author of which was almost certainly already paid for wouldn't hurt him, but other unrelated people working on it, but who cares, S.Justice must be served, even if we have to resort to the same methods we were subjected to - ostracize and trying financially annihilate the enemy. Same shit here, but Doug is not even that "bad".
>>
>>94762681
that sentence is quite the circle jerk.
>>
>>94762796
>What, specifically, separates my sexual preference for vaginas for some other guy's sexual preference for being shit on?
I can't be contrarian without some understanding.

Enlighten me.
>>
>>94762832

Well, the thing with Card is that he's a bit of a dick in public. Doug is much more laid back and non-confrontational, a "you believe what you want, I believe what I want, we all get along" kind of person.
>>
>>94762832
Heard something about Orson Scott donating to organizations that brutalise gay people in other countries but I don't know if it's true or not.
Regardless, I didn't see the movie because I tried reading Ender's Game when I was younger and it bored me.
>>
>>94756762

Yeah he's a shit dude and some of his works are really hampered by his beliefs but those sketchbooks are fantastic.
>>
>>94762832
1. the movie was shit compared to the book.

2.that's not constructive and basically boils down to "I don't like it." which isn't bad in and of itself, but if you don't like something, don't do it. end of story.
>>
So many asspained tumblrtards
>>
>>94762807
The collecting world is a caught-up industry of hoarders who enable eachother to think owning something you can look at for free is valuable. They do nothing but lock things away and call themselves proud for it, all while wasting their productive impulse on it. It's crazy because you want drawings to mean cash, even though Ditko is making cash of the drawings like you'd expect.
>>
>>94762838
How so?
>>94762872
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3310132/
They differ on many things, the most prevalent being neuroanatomy but the difference is tentative but great enough that as of now orientation and paraphillias are two distinct categories but that might change the more we learn about sexuality and paraphillias.
>>
>>94762989
I mostly meant cause Ditko cared so little for his art that he was essentially letting people steal it for years and now people are afraid to list Ditko art in auctions because of that.
>>
>>94763037
>Well, actually, I don't know if there is a difference and there is no evidence in an already pseudo-scientific discipline that there is any substantive difference between the two.
Cool, that's settled.

Now back to my original question. Does my dislike of scat and shitplay equate to a hatred of people who do participate in those things?
>>
>>94763067
It's just drawings. Auctions are attempts at becoming intimiate with the artist by buying their original creation. It's telling that buyers can't tell the difference with their own eyes.
>>
>>94763157
Anon, I said if you just wanted to be contrarian it was cool.
>>
>>94763221
Acknowledging that psychology isn't a science isn't contrarian, anon.
>>
>>94763242
It's all just based on statistics and statistics is the only true science.
>>
>>94762807
perhaps you should be more like him. what are you, a hoarder?
>>
>>94763254
Statistics are effectively unfalsifiable. They are literally not science.
>>
>>94763291
Sure thing.
>>
>>94762890
>Heard something about Orson Scott donating to organizations that brutalise gay people in other countries but I don't know if it's true or not.
>Regardless, I didn't see the movie because I tried reading Ender's Game when I was younger and it bored me.

It's more or less the mormon church.
>>
>>94762896
>by his beliefs

or maybe he's just a dick.
>>
>>94762902
Well AFAIK he was only against gay marriage, like "you may fuck in every orifice you want, but don't call it marriage, because I don't want the thing you two females or two males do be called the same name and have the same juridical power as the thing I have with my female wife". He actually got attacked by other more radical homophobes for defending homosexuality itself. He does indeed has this position "do your thing, but discretely, if the nature has made you so".

also the movie was a decent illustration for the book, if you've read it, but totally worthless on its own.

>>94762890
>Heard something about Orson Scott donating to organizations that brutalise gay people in other countries

I only know he donated to some anti-gay-marriege orgs. who do protests and public staff, like writing letters to parliaments and such. Never heard of this brutalization thing. But who knows, maybe some staff did surfaced since. idc.
>>
>>94761763
>If only the good people of Charlottesville were as good as dodging as you are.
you made my day
>>
>>94763327
never got why they're called homoPHOBES when they're not afraid. they hate gays. they don't cower in fear from them.
>>
>>94763291
Anon, all science is statistical studies. Explain yourself.
>>
>>94763382
Phobia means fear of OR AVERSION TO something.
>>
>>94761195
I'm less suspicious of the man who believes the Earth is six thousand years old than the one who believes there are six thousand genders.
>>
>>94762832
The strangest thing is that OSC is a liberal democrat, who basically just veers off on this one issue. The alt left is just looking for any excuse to hate, I guess.
>>
>>94763449
One is factually incorrect since the earth is proven to be millennia old while the other is an expression of a sociological concept and is something that is still being debated so it's up in the air.

Yup. No petty contrarians here.
>>
>>94763534
>alt left
You can do better than this
>>
>>94763382
>>94763426
because originally it described irrational desire to avoid and/or make any social contact with homosexuals, like it was contagious or something. you know, like whenyou are younger you are partying and there is this guy, you've heard is gay so you try to stay sober and on the opposite side of the room, not making eye contact, so to ensure there is 0% chance you wake up in a one bed with him in the morning. this is the typical "healthy" homophobia. later it has spread to every negative reaction to it. and since publicly you only see the warlike antigay activists - they basically took the term for themselves. That's how I always understood it happening, because the name was bugging me also.
>>
>>94763543
people can believe whatever the fuck they want, but I ain't gonna go out of my way to support their delusions of being something that they are not.
>>
>>94759155
>creator is needlessly rude/abrasive because their dated work is brought into question
when will this meme end?
>>
>>94763426
it's also a faggoty term. say something more impactful, like queerbasher. that has weight and bite. no one wants to be called that. make them ashamed and stop dressing it up.
>>
>>94763837
>go out of my way
>>
>>94763837
No, but you'll support someone else's factually incorrect delusions just to spite the people you don't like even if it means propping an idiot on a pedestal.

Rational.
>>
>>94763881
>art being dated

don't see how.
>>
>>94759155
wow. just wow.
didn't know they still made them.
I mean, has this guy been in cryogenic stasis the last 20 years? sheesh...
>>
>>94763925
i don't support the man himself, I liked EWJ and his games. thats it, he could drop off the face of the earth dead and i wouldn't care to much since i still have those things.

However what problem i do have is assholes that keep screaming "I'M X NOT Y REEEEEE" when they are CLEARLY not that
>>
>>94764028
>However what problem i do have is assholes that keep screaming "I'M X NOT Y REEEEEE" when they are CLEARLY not that
You've never met a transgender person
>>
>>94764142
i have, she kept on insisting on he, when she was clearly a she
>>
>>94764215
Sure
>>
>>94764215
You sound pleasant. Would you also be that indignant if Tennapel or any other fundie try to pass legislation cause "DUH BIBLE SAYS..."
>>
>>94764261
yes, yes i would. because they'd be fuckin morons
>>
>>94763925
>>94764028
Yeah, I also don't understand why I should respect someones desire of making everyone treat him or her like a special case. I mean, I owe this trans nothing. He is not my friend nor is he my family member. he doesn't belong to my circle of close people. and as such he gets the same treatment any other stranger would get, namely a quick sex recognition and the appropriate phenomenon. It is I who chooses to call a boy a "he" and a girl a "she" - not something I owe them to do. It just happens to align with their expectation of being called as such. Now if one specific stranger male wants to be called a "she" and I don't play along - it is his problem, not mine. he can be offended and triggered and throw tantrums all he wants. I. owe. him. nothing. That said - I call him "muffin" if he wants to if he is at least my colleague. But don't go demanding a special treatment, because you've cut your dick of - you are just 1/7000000000*

* dick not included.
>>
>>94764424
>That said - I call him "muffin"
You have to be 18 to post on here.
>>
>>94764424
>phenomenon
Pronoun
>>
>>94764458
pretty sure I'm older than you. its just en is not my native lang.
>>
>>94764491
I meant the muffin comment, it makes you sound like a 12 year old.
>>
>>94764505
I'm trying to keep my en up to date... should I tone it down?
>>
>>94754741
1. what the fuck is a gamergate (no seriously I don't involved in e-drama faggotry)
2. what did tennapel do that makes you call him that?

I just know he's the EWJ and Ratfist guy. This isn't another Dave Sim scenario is it?
>>
>>94759124
Honestly unless you want to work in the natural sciences field, you don't really need to accept or even know about evolution. Who cares if Doug believes we all came from a man made of clay and his rib-wife 6k years ago? It has nothing to do with his artistic ability.
>>
>>94764959
>what the fuck is a gamergate
Imagine a subject so thorny that it caused moot to quit 4chan and sell the website.
>>
>>94765608
>Handled the guro board
>Handled the near destruction of 4chan during the pedo shit
>Handled the bullshit /new/, /int/ and /pol/ all caused
>Butt hurt Who?s finally made him crack and sell the site

I can't tell if he's a pussy or if he idolizes those losers.
>>
>>94763414
>All science is statistics
Objectively false.

Science is based on repeatable phenomenon.

Statistics is a mathematical discipline which helps to organize large amounts of data.

Sprinkling numbers into something does not make it scientific, brainlet.
>>
>>94765686
He wanted to fit in with that crowd, even if that meant "dating" a woman who had a side-chad.
>>
>>94763254
>Statistics = Science
Somehow you managed to come off as more insufferable than Tennapel. Saying statistics is science is no dumber than saying the Earth is two hundred years old. I don't think there are many positions like these, ones that instantly out the people who hold them as morons.
>>
>>94763254
>statistics is the only true science
statistics is mathematics which means it's not science

but you were expecting me to say this so you could retort with something you think sounds smart
>>
>>94756812
He's a Christian, so that explains why he's the producer on VeggieTales in the House
>>
>>94762732
>Christians are joining KKK
Now that'd be a riot
>>
>>94767799
did you think they were made up of atheists, unitarians and jews?
>>
>>94763534
>liberal democrat opposes key tenet to their own party
>receives backlash
Is this supposed to surprise anyone?
>>
>>94767799
it's literally a christian organization. they don't let atheists in at all.
>>
>>94768948
well I mean... they burn the cross and all.
>>
>>94763900
actually the opposite is true. a homophobe is a pussy ass little bitch who sounds like they're scared of spiders.

a queerbasher sounds like a big tough biker.
>>
>>94769864
fun fact. a burning cross has historically been used to declare war by scottish clans (yes, they were christian.)

so it makes more sense in context.
>>
>>94763426
Learn Greek, ῐ̓δῐῶτᾰ.
>>
File: 1311743771776.jpg (73KB, 440x347px) Image search: [Google]
1311743771776.jpg
73KB, 440x347px
>>94764424
Anon, if someone called you by the wrong name, and you corrected them but they keep insisting on calling you something else, would you find that to be right?

It doesn't kill anybody to be polite and the manners state that one should address others as they asked to be addressed.
>>
>>94761394
That article is fucking stupid.
>headline isn't really addressed
>"the princess is squashed by a cow at the end of the game"
Only if you launch the cow in act 1 you stupid fuck. Maybe if you played the game and didn't watch a video on youtube you'd
>kotaku
oh why am I even wasting my time typing.
>>
>>94773412
I'm like 99% sure you have to launch the cow, unless there's some weird exploit or glitch.

I really love the games though and don't really see the point of the critique, and I'm not interested enough to read it.
>>
>>94770812
>if someone called you by the wrong name
a name is a label, not a fact
>>
>>94762890
So does any government that sends financial aid to the middle east, to be fair
>>
>>94770812
Not him but this already happens ti me to a lesser extent. I'm a filthy spic with a name very common in the US so a lot of people here uses your pronuntiation for it instead of the spanish one, which I've been called all my life from. I seriously don't give a shit as long as the other person treqts me like an equal or with respect/dignity.

If they didn't i would just think that they are an asshole and get on with my life

You yanks seriously need to learn tht words are just that, words. The means to transfer a message, a meaning. You fucking niggers.
>>
>>94770812
Now, you see that's, the point. politeness is a social construct, tool if you will, designed to keep us from jumpin at each others throats on the sight. it's not the same as being nice. you can be polite and treat someone like shit, you can be nice to someone, without calling him "sir". politeness is set of rules (very different in different cultures, but very concrete in the bounds of each and every one). as long as you abide by these rules you can not be ascribed with having malicious intent, i.e. with an intent of insulting someone. even if you make a technical mistake, like (Ms vs Mrs) as long as you are not intentionally going against some particular rule, like calling a male a "she" - you are in the green. again, you can be an asshole to someone in the process, that is not the point. These clowns on the other hand demand that the rules of general politeness be switched off in their particular individual instances and some RPG thing they came up with on their own for their own would be used when addressing them. Now, given, I can be an ultra nice guy (picrelated) and play along and make extra sure I am not triggering anyone and always try to learn about each individual snowflakes' concept of his/her/their personal politeness b4 I actually interract with them in any way and abide by these rules just to satisfy him/her/them. It won't kill me, no. Or I can ditch that noise and use universal concept of manners, which btw do not "state that one should address others as they asked to be addressed" - they state that I should be using the most appropriate addressing form out of the predefined set.

The problem is these people, when someone refuses to humor them, are really trying to push the idea that not playing along with their personal idea of politeness is the same as being universally impolite. Maybe in a couple of generations the general idea of politeness'll shift to respecting each individual's personal idea of politeness, bu until then: fuck them.
>>
>>94754741
He hates jews, which is okay in my book
>>
>>94770812
>>94779202 ... and there is no politness rule regarding using wrong given names - if someone deliberately calls you a wrong name - he is being factually wrong and probably deliberately trying to get your goat, but at this point he is way beyond the point of just being impolite. That's not the same thing. You can't similize it to not using a proper pronoun. Again being generally polite !== being personally nice.
>>
>>94779412
everyone hats jooos, even jews
>>
>>94756812
>>94757744
Yikes. Sorry for the late response, but you've both misunderstood me. I was calling >>94755926 a bigot, not Doug TenNapel.
>>
you know reading this thread made me realize that of all boards, /co/ has the biggest, punchable assholes. I want to punch like 50% of people in this thread. Good job.
>>
>>94779412
>He hates jews
https://tennapel.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/risen-a-review/
>>I have to start with a story of my watching The Passion of the Christ with a Jewish friend
>>>a Jewish friend
rrright.
>>
>>94779546
>I don't hate jews
>My best friend is jewish
The thing is, it's okay to hate jews. no need to hide it
>>
>>94759080
Looks like reddit is leaking again. Back to /r/atheism with you, son.
>>
>>94759938
>using a fake Veggie Tales episode to make his point
>>
>>94760496
Maybe your opinions about whether VeggieTales is good or not mean zilch. It's had a long, successful aided by top-tier voice talent like Rob Paulsen and Tress MacNeil. If that's what Doug has been up to, I'd say he's doing pretty damn well for himself.
>>
>>94762732
So many strawmen! My favorite is the one that Christianity is trying to outlaw evolution. Because they all believe the Earth is 6,000 years old and deny evolution, amirite? *tips fedora, then fucks back off to reddit*
>>
>>94755913
>hardcore biggot
the most "biggoted" thing he said is that he is against gay marriage which is a reosanable stance even if you aren't christian
>>
>>94764261
The Bible says fucking nothing about transgenderism, you strawman building edgelord.
>>
Sure is /pol/ in here
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1812253609/doug-tennapel-sketchbook-archives
aw, $25 back then and now its like 7 times that much on amazon... shit.
>>
>>94779777

I have a christian station I listen to in my car when nothing else is on the radio, and I can say on there, at least, their relationship with evolution is uncomfortable. It's usually sort of, awkwardly brought up as something good christians should be aware of and will be used AGAINST them to try to trick them from the lord. "People will try to take away from the majesty of god's creations by coaching it in terms like 'evolutionary.'" etc.

I guess they view it as like, a gateway drug to heathenish atheism. Maybe evolution ITSELF isn't so bad, but who knows what it will lead to!
>>
>>94780484
The Catholic Church has no problem with evolution. There's even a Christian group that promotes god-guided evolution (BioLogos).
>>
>>94780484
Thing is, that hesitancy that some (some!) Christian circles have towards embracing science is relatively new in the church's history. When Darwin first revealed his theory of evolution it didn't cause as much of a stir in religious communities as he himself had feared.

It wasn't until people started to use the theory of evolution to say "Look, this is why the Bible can't be true" that people started to get offended. But the Bible isn't a science book. It never sets out to say old the Earth is or anything of the sort, and people who read it that way take distinctions like genre and authorial intent for granted. But what I hate is this cliche of the Bible-beating fundamentalist who is fervently anti-science. That's not the case in my experience. History has shown that faith and science can and have coexisted within some pretty great minds, and most Christians I know accept that the Bible is not a science book and that their faith can coexist with evolution (which is not to say that classical Darwinism doesn't have its opponents within the church, but skepticism of the conventional model is by no means a strictly religious stance).
>>
>>94755497
I still kinda miss Boxer Hockey
>>
really guys, I think this "evolution theory is the greatest foe of Christianity" is a murican thing. I mean it is used in arguments world wide no problem, but not as nearly as often as with you.

>>94780564
>When Darwin first revealed his theory of evolution it didn't cause as much of a stir in religious communities as he himself had feared.

The church wasn't nearly as dogmatic and insistent of possessing all the answers at that time as it was say 200-300 y prior, when Bruno was burnt at he stake. The enlightenment era was already over at this point and even the church mainly held the position "the bible tells how to go to heaven, not how the heaven goes".

I think its because murican puritans reinvented the church for themselves basically from the scratch which involved suffering from all "child diseases" and pitfalls all over again.
>>
>>94780564
>>94780693
America has been rather anti-intellectualism as of late. Flat earthers and antivaxxers are a primary symptom of it but our education sector is a fucking mess and continuing education where it matters is dropping. Chemists and engineering programs are just being ignored to easier worthless degrees.
>>
File: 1491129534453.png (395KB, 506x512px) Image search: [Google]
1491129534453.png
395KB, 506x512px
>>94755497
>mfw I found out Tyson married the Skullgirls artist
>>
>>94780711

It's unreal. My brother, who was always a pretty rational person growing up, started listening to 9/11 conspiracy theories and just got lost down this rabbit hole of "nothing is provable" logic. He not only believes that vaccinations cause autism, but that they were DESIGNED that way by the government. The boarder patrol "turns their back" at the wall and allows Mexicans with leprosy into America (???), and he absolutely believes the world is flat. I know I would find this all rise of idiots laughable if it wasn't my own brother, for me it's a tragedy to see someone I grew up with and love literally waste their life with this worthless, stifling paranoia and stupidity.

He got super into it when he was depressed and stayed at home a lot, but now he has more of a life, and you can literally see his friends getting uncomfortable and their respect for him dying when he starts going on these fucking insane, quasi-bigoted tangents. I can't see how he'll make many lasting friends like this, he already lost a fiance, I'm fairly sure this blatant example of his inability to use critical thinking is the cause. When Trump was elected, he literally talked about "dank memes" on his FB when he celebrated. He totally, totally believes that Trump is a more competent president than anyone who has had the office, ever, because Trump calls Alex Jones a "brilliant man."

Sorry I guess I just had to get that off my chest.
>>
>>94780711
Well, for earlier education you have Texas to blame.
>>
>>94780767
Alex Ahad?
>>
File: CanOWorms[1].jpg (22KB, 413x505px) Image search: [Google]
CanOWorms[1].jpg
22KB, 413x505px
>>94780711
>>94780803
>>94780820
oh shit, religion, sjw, gays... and now this. in a thread about a comic book/game artist

I guess you could say I've opened a new can o'worms. I'm really sorry.
>>
File: 1451149450691.gif (89KB, 79x117px) Image search: [Google]
1451149450691.gif
89KB, 79x117px
Why do people get so angry over Christians?
>>
File: dark-ages-701481-701535[1].jpg (61KB, 847x605px) Image search: [Google]
dark-ages-701481-701535[1].jpg
61KB, 847x605px
>>94780909
bc of this apparently (as if we wouldn't find a way to fuck ourselves without)
>>
>>94780963
But that's not true at all; it completely ignores the massive role the Church played in preserving rational bureaucracy and scholarship after the decline of the Western Empire, the advances made during the Early Medieval Period and puts the whole honus of human advancement solely in the hands of Western Europe.
>>
>>94781065
Not to mention the fact that the Western Roman Empire (and indeed the eastern to a large extent) was intellectually and technologically stagnant.
>>
>>94780963
>Rome collapses
>Europe turned into isolated city states due to barbarian tribes
>causes a complete absence of commerce, trade and free exchange of idea
>people blame Christianity
>>
>>94781065
>>94781070
>>94781075
hey, I didn't say it was true - its what people believe. because people want simple exceedingly less dimensional answers, for increasingly cmore complex questions. thats what you are doing right now as well, actually.
>>
>>94780909
Look what the Church has done over the past century; if you're not a little pissed, you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>94761562
Holy crap, now that's hilarious.
>>
>>94779831
>He's never seen the recent proposals of bathroom bills and so on

Of course it doesn't. That wasnt my point, my point was if anon seemed so indignant about trans people and how they view themselves for others, would he be just as indignant over fundies literally trying to change law to fit their own worldview and shove it down everyone's throat with a flimsy excuse like "DUH BIBLE SAYS/WE WUR A CHRISTIAN NATION (false)" its less about what the bible actually says and more about the fundies' flimsy justifications for trying to shove their worldview into law, which oftentimes come more into detriment than trans people wanting to be called he or she or whatever.
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.