[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did this seemingly universal standard of cyborg limbs in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 4395137-3425098616-tumbl.jpg (92KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
4395137-3425098616-tumbl.jpg
92KB, 500x263px
Where did this seemingly universal standard of cyborg limbs in comic books being muscular chrome human limbs with black contour line banding on them, and the fingers sometimes having rubber band looking things on its joints?

Cable, Winter Soldier, Deathlok, Doc Ocks arms, Iron Man a number of times, KGBeast i believe once, not necessarily robotic but Colossus as well.
>>
>>94731422
>Where did this seemingly universal standard
*Where did this seemingly universal standard originate

missed a word
>>
>>94731422
robot stuff drawn by people that suck at drawing robot stuff

so they draw a normal arm and then put some lines on it
>>
>>94731531
This. Comic book artists can only draw generic female model and generic male model. Anything even vaguely outside of those is far too much to deal with. And hell, most of the time, the factory standards look like shit anyway.
>>
>>94731422
Style wise this started in the late 80's and early 90's. The thinner string robot arm of the 70's was a minimalist deconstruction of the over stylized 'atomic age' look of the 60's. Those round curves became sharper lines became round curves again. Then in the mid 90's for reasons I can't fucking explain things got EXTREME and the round lines became these huge over compensated super detailed things. Or they went the other way and you got two pipes and a can holding up a huge ass super laser gun (I'm looking at you Todd, when you designed the Curse for Spawn just what the fuck were you thinking?). Now, twenty years later we've hit a middle ground where nothing is stylized at all. It's all just a chrome anatomy study.
In canon it was explained in 2099 (X-men, I think, but could be Punisher) that Roxxon stole Stark-Fujiwara tech shortly after their merger and so inferior copies have flooded the market. So, as an analogy, Bucky's arm is a Ferrari from the 60's and all these alt-timeline faggots are running around with Honda's from the mid 90's.
Which doesn't have anything to do with Cable's techno-virus arm lol.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.