[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Futures End so disappointing? How was such a simple story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 4093447-6331396204-red-r.jpg (130KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
4093447-6331396204-red-r.jpg
130KB, 500x524px
Why was Futures End so disappointing? How was such a simple story and concept fucked as hard as it was?
>>
>>94731277
Because of Tim. He's so uninteresting that the plot and ideas got affected by his uninterestingness.
>>
They went with the edge New 52 launched with
>>
So Futures End is basically pointless now right? Except I guess to help launch Batman Beyond
>>
>>94731713
Is it even necessary for Beyond? Couldn't you just start with Terry's return
>>
>>94731277
I was done with that shit from the first issue, way too grimdark for me. Like...I'm cool with the concept of a Terminator future where Brother Eye has enslaved the superheroes, but couldn't they have used to decent OMAC design from Infinite Crisis instead of making them all gruesome half-spiders with multiple spines?
>>
>>94731860
It's not but it did open up the possibility for BB
>>
>>94731916
Yeah and don't get me started on what they did to Black Canary. Just offensive offensive stuff from DC and it turned me sour on them and didn't pick up a single comic from them until Rebirth.
>>
>>94731277
Maybe the completely unnecessary subplot between Deathstroke/Lana Lang/Fifty-Sue has something to do with it.
>>
>>94732249
Fifty-Sue was at least decent comic relief
>>
>>94731277
Isn't it illegal to show people dead in news stories in America
>>
>>94731486
I can never tell if people who say this are meming or if they've just never read a Bat-comic pre-N52.
>>
>>94732249
Giffen's stuff was the best part of the whole event, with Lemire's being a close second.
>>
>>94731277

I don't think they really thought out where it was going to go. But it was nice to see Grifter do something. He embodied how I felt about the whole thing.
The one-shots were decent though,
>>
>>94731916
Abomination OMACs looks much better than IC boring ass laser OMACs.
>>
>>94731277
Wait, Tim died again??
>>
>>94733189
No, just rarely done because kiddies or the easily offended might see it.
>>
>>94731277
They tried to do a weekly Event series again despite 52 being the only good one.
>>
File: Screenshot_18.png (1MB, 836x729px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_18.png
1MB, 836x729px
But it was great you DINGUS
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.