[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best teen X-Men books? I read the original New

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: new x-men academy x.jpg (236KB, 512x794px) Image search: [Google]
new x-men academy x.jpg
236KB, 512x794px
What are the best teen X-Men books?

I read the original New Mutants run and just started this one and really enjoy the comics that are just about students at the school getting into shenanigans and aren't superheros trying to save the world.

Non X-Books that are like that are also welcome, been meaning to check out Gotham Academy.
>>
File: 1365044238602.jpg (361KB, 800x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1365044238602.jpg
361KB, 800x1148px
>>
>>94718610
that New Xmen run is great, unfortunately it implodes during a storyline involving the return of magik, then Hope shows up and everything in the x universe goes to shit
then a bunch of stupid writing decisions happened
then Wolverine and the Xmen came out (which despite it's name wasn't all about wolverine and focused a lot on the students), and that was pretty good if you can ignore the backdrop of the utopia schism
then after that all the good teenage xmen characters were discarded when marvel went crazy
now we live in the dark times

however, if you go back a couple of decades, the New Mutants had some good stories (even if the art was a bit wonky at times) also Generation X had some good times

outside of marvel,
if you are in the mood for campy fun, Young Justice has its charms (it's a lot more campy than its cartoon show counterpart)
if you are in the mood for dumb sexy fun, Gen13 and DV8 exist (probably better for a 13 year old boy mindset)

that's all i can think of, hope it helps
>>
>>94718610
New Mutants v1 by Claremont keeps being the best. Simonson's part is clearly inferior, but there are still some good parts, before she decides to go all dark and depressing
The first couple of years of Generation X is great, then it turns into garbage
New Mutants v2 is ok. It improves when it turns into Academy X, especially with the Hellion mini.
New X-Men: the first issues are terrible, but the Magik Quest part and its epilogue is one of the greatest things to come out of the X-line
Generation Hope by Gillen is underrated. Good read, until a new writers takes over afet Schism.
Wolverine & the X-Men.. Let's just say that if you like the New X-Men, it's very annoying.
Spider-Man and the X-Men: very fun read, but you have to deal with totally OOC adult X-Men
>>
>>94720152
>that New Xmen run is great, unfortunately it implodes during a storyline involving the return of magik, then Hope shows up and everything in the x universe goes to shit

I actually sat for a few seconds trying to figure out what you were talking about then I realized it was the shit after I stopped reading it because the mass murder then tonal shift was a bit too much. I know it happened but I don't consider it part of the same book at all.

>>94719678
>>94718610
If you like the early stuff from OP pic you probably won't like the writing team switch, but that's just me.

Not on the list:
MA Spider-Man and Spider-man loves Mary Jane
I liked Wolverine and the X-men but a lot of people around here hate it. It is a lot of Wolverine but has more students than most X-men proper titles.

Gotham Academy was ok at first but it got boring to me. I don't know particularly why.
Pre-52 Jaime Blue Beetle. Post 53 sucks.

Avoid Avengers Arena and Avengers Undercover like the plague.
>>
File: i don't want to cure cancer.jpg (49KB, 320x378px) Image search: [Google]
i don't want to cure cancer.jpg
49KB, 320x378px
>>94720837
>Spider-Man and the X-Men
Gave us one of the greatest panels in all of modern comics.
>>
>>94720837
>Spider-Man and the X-Men: very fun read, but you have to deal with totally OOC adult X-Men
while I agree that it generally is a rather good read, the fucking symbiote brood concept was a shitty recognition cash in, and being used as comedic relief villains cheapens a shitload of former content from both franchises, when the concept lends itself to a very potential crossover on its own
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.