[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does CN treat a lot of of its action shows like shit? They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Megas_XLR_Widescreen_Intro_HD.jpg (17KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
Megas_XLR_Widescreen_Intro_HD.jpg
17KB, 480x269px
Why does CN treat a lot of of its action shows like shit? They either get cancelled (Megas XLR, Teen Titans, Sym-Bionic Titan, Young Justice, Juniper Lee, Thundercats, Samurai Jack until recently, Beware the Batman, Pokemon which sucked after Hoenn anyway, the KND revival) or get watered-down reboots (Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Teen Titans again somehow).
Sure there are exceptions like Generator Rex, Secret Saturdays, Batman BTAB; but the majority have been screwed over in one way or another.
>>
>>94717033
Because it's expensive compared to easy to animate comedy shows and CN's been really frugal as of late.

Also, all the shows that mildly succeeded are because of sucessful toylines. Action cartoons for kids are still the same toy peddlers of the 80's and that shit has stopped being worth the effort now that you can make money off of app shit or whatever.
>>
>>94717079
Thundercats had a successful toyline though, Bandai produced a ton of action figures.
>>
>>94717079
This, and action shows typically have continuity, which networks hate because people don't typically keep up with TV shows anymore. The older demographic that the shows appeal to don't watch TV anymore, they watch Netflix.

Network TV is dying rapidly and the old business models don't work.
>>
>>94717033
>Teen Titans
>cancelled
It ran its course, and ended more or less how the writers wanted.

Also, utter drivel like SBT and YJ deserved their cancellation. I'm still pissed the latter is getting a new season.
>>
File: meinneger.jpg (84KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
meinneger.jpg
84KB, 720x540px
>>94717033
Megas XLR was the best. They did get an okay ending with the two-parter, but I would have liked to see how Coop accidently created the Glorft. It was supposed to happen in the next season or something.
>>
>>94717765
Isn't Netflix also dying?
>>
>>94719989
Nah they're just making shitty financial choices is all.

I mean it's not looking good with Disney pulling out (yet they still push the Marvelshit on there like the cunts they are) but as long as people are paying those subscriptions, theyre not going under just yet.
>>
File: no movie for you.png (23KB, 1089x171px) Image search: [Google]
no movie for you.png
23KB, 1089x171px
>>94717033
>Why does CN treat a lot of of its action shows like shit?

It's all about how much money an intellectual property can generate, Action shows are merchandise funded, if the merch sold bad then the show it's canned, that's how the business works since the Saturday Morning Cartoons-thing began.

The reason why A or B action show got cancelled and the plot was not even resolved it's probably because the toys didn't generate much revenue.
>>
>>94720404
I wanted megas toys as a kid and we never fucking got them. Megas also did well in ratings even in suicide slots. Megas itself was shitcanned due to ceo headbutting faggotry.
>>
>>94717033
>Batman BTAB

Not so much. CN wasn't too fond of the show and stuck in shit times and with too many delays. The only reason it even got more episodes than CN wanted was because it was very popular overseas.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.