[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been wondering this for a while. How did this guy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 18

File: Wolverine8.jpg (289KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine8.jpg
289KB, 1400x700px
I've been wondering this for a while. How did this guy, who has one of, if not the, least uninteresting powers in the whole crew, become the most popular X-Man?
>>
>>94716993
Because he's a compelling character with interesting personality and backstory.

Cool powers can only keep reader interest so far.
>>
>>94716993
good writing and stories >>>> powers
unless you are like the brainlets that like dragon ball z
>>
He's the best there is at what he does.
>>
been thinking about that too but I'm not sure I can explain it. personality?

>>94717021
this guy is probably right.

I can't explain why he was my husbando back in HS either
but he was.
>>
>>94717059
Because he's hot and was a fun character in the past
>>
>>94716993
relatable
>>
>>94717021
This

Also, when you're a little kid and most likely a violence loving little boy, having knives come out of your fists seems like a way cooler power than it really is, Wolverine's actual mutant powers are not the selling point, it's the pig stickers and tude
>>
>>94717043
What does he do?
>>
>>94716993
His supporting cast. Wolverine was made cooler because he the maverick, the guy who could talk snark at everyone else. Cyclops was the stuck-in-the-mud guy who looked out for the team. Jean Grey fell for him. Wolverine is simply wish-fulfillment for people who dream about sticking it to THE MAN.
>>
A walking punching bag surviving and fighting alongside people who can shoot lasers out of their eyes. If you can't understand why people might find that interesting, you might be as autistic as OP.
>>
>>94716993
The claws definitely have something to do with it.
>>
>>94716993

Wolverine was the product of tough guy action movie 80's culture, the kind of media that celebrated Schwarzenegger films, Stallone, Mel Gibson Lethal Weapon, etc

It might sound gay, but in that era, dudes just wanted to see a muscular hairy guy who kicks ass with attitude
>>
>>94717295
It's not very nice, I'll tell ya that bub
>>
>>94716993
Claremont did it. Wolverine was a supporting chare her originally and wouldn't even get high billing he was absent from most covers. Then Claremont just gave him great characterization. What was the now its my turn bub panel from hellfire club? Either way it's Claremont.
>>
>>94716993
Powers don't maketh the Mutant, OP.
>>
His powers are cool because it makes it so he can get up close with hand to hand combat and he can get a beat down. That makes for a much more enjoyable fight scene then someone who has to stand 10 feet away from the villain and has to defensive powers so can't get too physical.
>>
>>94716993
Design, attitude, claws are cool and easy to emulate for kids who like to play pretend.
>>
File: 789.jpg (134KB, 609x648px) Image search: [Google]
789.jpg
134KB, 609x648px
>>94717912
Here's the one. The exact moment Wolverine Publicity began.
>>
>>94717295
suck cocks for a dollar.
it certainly ain't nice
>>
>>94718034
And yet they likely wont be including that... yet again.
>>
>>94716993
Characters that generally engage in physical combat are more popular than characters with force manipulation. They are also more likely to get an ongoing solo book instead of being part of a team book. The only exception to this is probably Green Lanterns.
>>
>>94719738
Did Nightcrawler and Colossus ever get a solo?
>>
>>94716993
>hurr durr powers=the entirety of the character
>>
>>94720104
Nightcrawler did, written by Claremont of all people.
>>
I have a question

>be watching Logan with causal friend of mine
>he keeps playing up how Logan has always been there for Prof X even in the comics
>I say I feel like in the comics its more Scott (barring recent events)

Who is right? A lot if my x knowledge comes from books that aren't main x books like x factor, x force etc so I don't know too much about Prof D's relationships to be honest but I'd expect he was closer to Scott as Scott has been with him since like 15 and for years Charles was grooming Scott to be little Xavier. Who is he close to in the comics
>>
>>94720385
Definitely Scott, that's why it was supposed to be so shocking when Phoenix!Cyke killed Xavier. Of course, by that point Chuck had "died" god knows how many times, so pretty much no one was really fazed by it.
>>
>>94716993
the same reason why batman is the most popular leaguer....edging cool characters that pump teens fantasies of being cool and don`t take shit from anyone.
>>
>>94720438
OK thanks and I knew it. From what I know their relationship takes a turn once Vulcan comes into play?
>>
my favorite thing about wolverine is how no matter how shitty things got, he always got back up.
>>
>>94720385
Scott, though in the end it was Xaviers mentoring that drove him off the deep end. X pretty much set him up from day one to be the great mutant leader, and over the years the pressure of protecting his species wore down his moral compass. He went from "plucky freedom fighter fighting the oppressive system" to "full flegged terrorist willing to recruit children to fight his race war."
>>
Because he's the most masculine superhero ever.
>>Chugs beers
>>Smokes cigars
>>Stabs his way through problems
It's the same reason why generic video game characters get popular.
>>
>>94716993

If you think that's weird, just look at deadpool's continual popularity.

Deadpool is a 4th wall breaking version of wolverine.

Same weapon-x program, his powers are basically just wolverines turned up to 10.

And he doesn't even get cool smelling things ability or claws.. or rest of 'cool' package.
>>
>>94720385
scott was the leader, good son character.
logan was the brawler, rebel son.

For some reason (maybe the movies popularity), someone at Marvel decided that Logan should be the leader so they changed Logan character (he started to be a caring father figure and professor), then he raised as antagonist leader to Scott in Schism (not Ororo who was the other leader of the team) which was kind of strange since he was not that kind of character and slowly Marvel tried to transform Scott form hero/leader to a Villain, just to make space for Logan being "school director and moral compass".

Finally they choose to make him a martyr and used old man Logan to reverse his status to team brawler.

The funny thing is that without Cyclops, Xavier and Logan the X-men remained leaderless because for some reason they can make Storm a practical leader, they suck to make her credible in that way so they tried with others. Suddenly Rogue lose his southern sassy personality and goes lead the avenger/x-men mix? Kitty is now a mary sue leader...they even tried with Psylocke.
They did not try with Alex who leaded x-factor and new avengers (even killed madrox) still they try and try with x-women.
- Ororo worked while they did not try the feminist side in the 80 and 90s
- Rogue with the avengers/x-men was not 90 rogues (the more liked version of her)
- Kitty is portrayed to be so much a mary sue that hurts to read it
- Polaris had his shot with his x-factor (the yellow team with gambit, danger, warlock, etc.) and sucked
-Psylocke with x-force was a fucking drama about phantomex and angel
- Hope and her "new spark mutants" to be forgotten
- Now they are hyping jean grey teen version to be the strong female leader and try to show her old version as some kind of mutant paragon which she was quite far from that and is quite strange seeing Jean as the team leader do not seem right.

The problem is that they forget or do not care about the characters history.
>>
>>94717295
Appear in as many comics as possible
>>
>>94721080
>Deadpool is a 4th wall breaking version of wolverine.
That's exactly why he's popular, though.
>>
>>94720954
>"full flegged terrorist willing to recruit children to fight his race war."
except that never happened
worst he did was proclaiming an independent commune in an island on US waters, and that was just a reactive measure to protect mutantkind from fucking Osborn
child soldiers kind of are a valid point, but then again, all other marvel hero teams have used them, and hypocrite logan was taking then much younger kitty on murderfests all the time
>>
>>94723685
Can't Xavier also be accused of child soldier recruiting?
>>
File: Logan-Jean-Grey.jpg (19KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
Logan-Jean-Grey.jpg
19KB, 250x350px
>>94717879
>Wolverine was the product of tough guy action movie 80's culture

Except Wolverine predates any of them

He got popular because he was the short hairy angry take-no-shit troublemaker hero in a world of boring WASPs

That seems like old hat today, but he was pretty unique back then
>>
>>94723735
yes
and cap, and tony
>>
File: 3283118980_24879f9807.jpg (222KB, 326x500px) Image search: [Google]
3283118980_24879f9807.jpg
222KB, 326x500px
I don't understand why people want to say his powers aren't great

Having claws that can cut through ANYTHING, and the defense to get up close with them through all kinds of shit anyone can throw at him make him almost OP

Anyone he managed to get within striking distance should by all accounts be fucking dead meat, but they have to make him job all the time because he could beat almost every villain by himself with one swing if the writers would let those claws actually connect
>>
>>94723942
Unless you're Magneto, who could literally just throw him around all day while watching TV.
>>
>>94724757
fuck magneto bub i'll rock his paper with these snikssors
>>
>>94717281
>hairy manlet cuck detected
>>
>>94723942
Eh major X Men villains counter him
Mags, Blob and Juggernaut all have abilities that protect them from the claws, not to mention the telepath villains.
>>
File: wolverine.jpg (765KB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
wolverine.jpg
765KB, 2063x3131px
>>94716993
Wolverine had one of the more interesting characters and cooler designs and grew popular despite being just a side character, leading to him eventually getting an amazing mini that defined his character and really pushed his popularity
>>
>>94721023
true. songswith simpler chourds get better hits too i heard
>>
wolverine is extremely deadly and extremely durable.

to be honest, his power isnt as impressive without the adamantium, which is a manmade power up that allows him to cut through everything.
Without Adamantium, Wolverine is worse than Mystique or Marrow or Wolfsbane.

I think Laura only has Adamantium claws.
>>
>>94723775
>WASPs
?
>>
>>94716993
>least uninteresting powers
Wrong. When characters struggle and overcome pain it makes them endearing. Wolvie's healing factor allows him to be shown to take pain and overcome it.
>>
>>94725973
White Anglo-Saxon Protestant

It's often used to refer to middle to upper class straight edge people
>>
>>94716993
>least uninteresting
So... they're the most interesting?
>>
>>94717879
He's more emblematic of the rise of antiheroes in the 70s, coinciding with the Vietnam war
>>
>>94716993
I take it OP isn't male.
>>
Defensive powers>Offensive powers

Give me the ability to be blown up by a grenade and an hour later look like nothing happened over the ability to shoot punchbeams from my eyes but die the second a bullet hits me.
>>
>>94717919
Being an asshole does
>>
>>94716993
His personality is generally great, he's been blessed with some quality character arcs, and his powerset lends itself perfectly to telling stories that are anywhere from tragic to cool without it feeling too forced. It also helps that he's still pretty street level.
>>
>>94716993
how does he have the least interesting powers you retarded dumbass?
>>
>>94725216
I dunno Sabretooth manages to be pretty badass without claws
>>
He was badass and the claws were cool as fuck.
>>
File: 110-1997-Bennett-Feral 001.jpg (283KB, 976x864px) Image search: [Google]
110-1997-Bennett-Feral 001.jpg
283KB, 976x864px
>>94725216
>to be honest, his power isnt as impressive without the adamantium,

Hey now, he was still plenty awesome for the six years his claws were plain bone.

Sure, they got broken every once in a while, but he still managed to snikt(or rather schlickt) quite a few bubs.
>>
5 Reasons Wolverine Is the Worst Superhero

-His power makes him to OP
-His only reason for existence is to be a punching bag
-Boring Powers
-The World’s Most Popular Loner
-Inconsistent portrayal
>>
>>94717284
>>94717021
His powers are both visceral and he gets to act on them. Other X-men with good powers tend to be utterly ineffectual with them for no reason. See Jubilee. Not allowed to hurt anything because reasons. The other end of the spectrum are mutants like Scott.
>>
>>94719738
>Characters that generally engage in physical combat are more popular than characters with force manipulation
Cause no one knows how to draw good action. If you are shit at doing action, you can at least give the satisfaction of seeing someone punched in the face rather than a shiny blast that doesn't feel like it has actual weight to it.
>>
>>94730306
Fag
>>
>>94728488

his fingers are claws, he cuts and guts people, he doesnt punch them.
he also has superhuman strength which wolverine doesnt have
>>
>>94716993
>this pleb think superpower is the only thing that makes characters
>>
>>94730379
>His powers are both visceral and he gets to act on them. Other X-men with good powers tend to be utterly ineffectual with them for no reason. See Jubilee. Not allowed to hurt anything because reasons. The other end of the spectrum are mutants like Scott.
Also unlike capes who are bullet proof, Wolverine bleeds. And he is allowed to be stabbed and shot over and over, making for more "comic-appropriate" violence.
>>
>>94725216
>to be honest, his power isnt as impressive without the adamantium, which is a manmade power up that allows him to cut through everything.
>Without Adamantium, Wolverine is worse than Mystique or Marrow or Wolfsbane.
Deadpool compensates for that with katanas. And we know that katanas have over-exaggerated sharpness.
>>
>>94721549
I never get how rogue can be leader, with logan it made sense because he got plenty of combat experiences while rogue just riding on her popularity alone.
>>
>>94728472
How does he not?
>>
>>94725973
c'mon anon...

this:
>>94726044
Eddie Bauer catalogue ordering, sperry rocking, mid atlantic accent having, sweater sleaves crossed over the chest with the sweater over the back type of people.

Snobs. White ones. From the northeast.

We're good people too. Just misunderstood.
>>
>>94718034
This Claremont did great stories and gave everyone their place to shine. And that plus moment Carry's wolverine to this day.

And it's honestly the problem with modern marvel. They are shit at the writing.
>>
File: 19.jpg (847KB, 1280x1966px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
847KB, 1280x1966px
>>94716993
>>94733552

this is from Age of Apocalypse (it is still the same normal wolverine, just a world that would happen in Xavier had been killed before forming the XMen)
and it shows you how Wolverine can kill easily mutants with much more impressive powers like Magma who can cause earthquakes and shoot lava, and travel underground too.
Wolverine isnt underpowered at all.
>>
>>94734998
>Wolverine isnt underpowered at all.
Nobody said he's underpowered. If anything, his regeneration and strength is overpowered. Also, he's an edgy tough guy. Kids eat that shit up. Probably why he's popular.
>>
File: 20.jpg (898KB, 1280x1966px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
898KB, 1280x1966px
>>94734998
>>
>>94735015

he doesnt have superhuman strength, although he is a very strong human because of always lifting the weight of the adamantium in his body, and his healing factors prevents him muscles from getting injured I guess.

basically, the only form of killing Logan is choking him or drowning him or throwing him in space or another place with no air. the same goes for deadpool.
but if he didnt have adamantium he would be a sitting duck against a lot of superpowered beings, someone who cant do them any harm, even if they cant kill him.
>>
>>94734998
>>94735016
AoA was so much fun...
>>
>>94735060
I don't thin anon was saying he was superpowered rather that his strength was disproportional. I actually agree with you that he should be strong considering he's carrying a hundred some-odd pounds of metal but that doesn't mean it should show in agility and explosiveness. We see him jump like a cat sometimes and that doesn't fit unless he's without the metal within him suddenly. Then his strength would be visually op. As it stands it should more be punch strength and inertial type things. Meaning, he really shouldn't be able to sprint and fight like a ninja.

That would require superpowers or immediate weight reduction so that his strength was that of a 400 pound man in his 180-220 normal weight.
>>
File: Old-Man-Logan.jpg (260KB, 725x1101px) Image search: [Google]
Old-Man-Logan.jpg
260KB, 725x1101px
Because there's literally nothing more satisfying than seeing a villain get his guts ripped open.
>>
>>94736840
Or seeing a hero get his guts ripped open and still get his revenge.
>>
>>94736840
>>94737026
That story where he got brainwashed by hydra is the best of showing of these
>>
>>94732264
X-Men Legacy might as well have been a Rogue centric book for a good while. She didn't just become a leader overnight, they built up to it.

Wolverine and Rogue are possibly the two that came the longest way under Xavier's teachings. It took several decades but he made them whole.
>>
>>94730306
Retard.
>>
>>94716993
The only thing I hate about Logan is how he always gets held back by writers. His main offensive asset is designed to kill. Not just injure or incapacitate, but outright kill. On top of that, Wolverine very rarely has qualms about killing his enemies, unlike a lot of other heroes out there. Then there's the fact that he's virtually unkillable and can recover from almost any wound nigh-instantaneously.

If he was properly written, there should be very, very few people outside of a handful of OP cats who could survive against him. Alas, stories would get cut prematurely short if he was allowed to go all-out, so there always has to be some stupid shit that makes him job sooner or later.
>>
>>94717912
>Claremont did it.

Not all by himself. Wolverine was going to be written out of the book when he was writing it and Dave Cockrum was first drawing it. Then Cockrum left and John Byrne came on board and didn't want Claremont to write out the Canadian character. So Byrne came up with some ways to make Wolverine cool, and in turn Claremont started seeing the potential Wolverine could have and developed the character more after Byrne left.
>>
File: 1252495-06.jpg (302KB, 762x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1252495-06.jpg
302KB, 762x1164px
>>94730306
>His power makes him to OP
First, "too." Second, as stated above Blob, Mags, and nearly any mutant who can telepath or chuck him in a river can beat him.

>His only reason for existence is to be a punching bag
I mean, that's your opinion but I'd say that's untrue.

>Boring Powers
See above.

>The World’s Most Popular Loner
How is this bad?

>Inconsistent portrayal
This is, I daresay, ever comic book character ever.
>>
>>94736840
this
>>
>>94717480
>Let's just call anyone we don't agree with autistic
>>
>>94730286
God that art
>>
>>94741822
>If he was properly written, there should be very, very few people outside of a handful of OP cats who could survive against him.
most of the x-men outright outclass him
Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler and kitty can outright one shot him
Colossus is immune to being wrecked in metal form and could probably beat him too
>>
>>94744791

colossus doesnt outclass him. wolverine can cut through colossus with no problems.

cyclops beats him because he can always keep him at a distance with the beams

storm, lol, I fly and fry you with thunder

nightcrawler, lol, I teleport you high into the sky and let you drop (perhaps into the ocean which would kill you)

kitty, lol, I phased your heart

but Colossus cant beat Wolverine, to beat wolverine you need either some kind of energy projection, or a healing factor as good as his, or to be invulnerable to physical attacks like Kitty or Sebastian Shaw.
>>
>>94745001
I based that statement on Ult Colossus surviving Logan ripping out his heart and inmediatly proceding to rip him apart, but to be honest I'm not sure him and regular Peter share the same powerset
>>
>>94745001
>nightcrawler, lol, I teleport you high into the sky and let you drop (perhaps into the ocean which would kill you
he doesn't even need to do that, he can just BAMF a sword through his head and wolvie wouldn't be healing that piece of metal permanently fused into his adamantium encased skull
>>
>>94745185

Ultimate super heroes were quite different, for example, Ultimate Hulk could lift less than 20 tons, their heaviweights were much weaker than the 616 ones.

I dont know about Ultimate Colossus, but 616 got wrecked terribly by Hulk in wwHulk, not even Elixir could fix his twisted metal arms. And Colossus was also hurt very badly in mutant massacre IIRC.

There have been a few times in which we was wounded so badly in metal form he couldnt switch back to human or it would kill him.
>>
from reddit but it does the job
The first time was when he was super heated by Pyro and then hit with liquid nitrogen. He was stuck in metal form and if he transformed the damage to his metal body would be too much for his biological body. He was saved when Rogue took his powers while a mutant healer simultaneously healed Colossus .

The second injury occurred during the Mutant Massacre. Riptide threw shuriken fast enough to damage Colossus' body. Colossus began to lose energy through the damaged areas and couldn't transform back. He passed out and Magneto had to repair the damage. (Note that Magneto somehow goofed and Colossus couldn't move for while. Colossus was shipped to Muir Island and recovered, coming back stronger than ever, potentially because of the effects of Magneto's healing, or maybe just because he was getting older).

The third time occurred when the X-cutioner hit Colossus in the face with an alien weapon. This dented his head and Colossus remained in metal form for a very long time. He eventually joined Magneto's Acolyte's and didn't return to human form until the X-Men captured him and repaired the damage.

The fourth time was when Pete Wisdom impaled Colossus with one of his hot knives. Moira had to repair the damage to his metal body with tech before he could transform back.

The fifth time was when Colossus had his arms bent back by World War Hulk. Beast repaired the damage before he turned back.

The sixth time occurred when Nimrod sentinels broke Colossus' arm. Like with Hulk, Beast repaired the damage before he turned back to human form.
>>
>>94736840
Millar really nailed it with OML.
>>
>>94716993
As with all superhero popularity, it come down to looks and design first, with everything else second.

He looks cool and is a gruff bad boy.
>>
>>94745419
True enough, 616 probably wouldn't survive being ripped by Logan, but I would argue he has enough raw strenght to knock him unconscious tho, but speed is an entirely different matter

Nice list btw, I would also add that time he was shot through the chest by a brood sniper
>>
>>94744791
>Kitty
How?
>>
>>94747113

kitty is brutal
she can basically remove your heart without you being able to touch hair
or fuse you with the floor

this is a what if, she kills wolverine by removing his brain

iirc according to shield the best way to kill kitty is with gas, she is very very hard to kill
>>
>>94724987
that's all canadians desu
>>
>>94747544
yet she's always a useless whiny kid in adaptations

also that page is brutal, forgot about the arm removal part
>>
File: 1215251-axmtorn_emma4001.jpg (158KB, 644x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1215251-axmtorn_emma4001.jpg
158KB, 644x1024px
>>94747698
another example
>>
>>94747544
This kind of shit makes me exited for rated-R X-Men reboot.
>>
>>94747845
Please tell me Emma mentally fucked her after that.
>>
>>94744105
Are we pretending the word was ever used any other way on the internet?
>>
>>94747544
Can't you properly ambush her? Or are her powers always on?
>>
>>94735016
>very good logan... very good
>BUT
>>
Hes also funnily enough the only one with mutant like powers. His genes are mutated to give him animalistic abilities that stem from his body. Where as storm supposedly mutated the ability to control weather, and cyclops mutated laser eyes. Most kutants are lazy excuses to give someone superpowers, logan is actually a mutant and it expolores how the world and the government would react
>>
>>94747544
that was a bit retarded desu, seeing how she can also phase objects and a metal rod would've served even better than her fucking arm
>>
>>94745426
Isn't there an actual series based on that now?
>>
>>94716993
Wolverine is more than his powers. Powers are nothing.
>>
>>94716993
BERSERKER BARRAGE
>>
>>94749308
She's hard to surprise, I think, e to X-Man and Ninja training. She tends to phase at the least sign of danger due to that.
>>
File: Kitty owns Emma.jpg (387KB, 1440x962px) Image search: [Google]
Kitty owns Emma.jpg
387KB, 1440x962px
>>94747544
Kitty is OP as fuck, you can't hit her but she can rip out your internal organs. Plus she can walk on air and disrupt electronics (which wasn't much when she was created by now days everything is electronic so is pretty useful)
>>
>>94752478
Age of Apocalypse Kitty is based as fuck
>>
>>94717021
>edgy 90s

sure
>>
File: Storm_Saves_The_X-Men.jpg (359KB, 1237x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Storm_Saves_The_X-Men.jpg
359KB, 1237x1920px
>>94716993
while a compelling character, i always liked when he was humanized by writers using him as the badass comic relief.

No one remember that Wolverine weighs at least 500 pounds because of that adamantium skeleton...and the beer.
>>
>>94752872
except Age of Colossus killed AoA Kitty over Illyana.
>>
>>94748326
No they became besties.
>>
>>94754292
300, not 500.
>>
>>94754363
>dat Emma nose
I thought Kitty was supposed to be the jew
>>
>>94754363
>Tebra
NOPE.
>>
>>94755414

Transformation fetish shite.
>>
>>94716993
What are some good Wolvie/Deadpool crossovers?
>>
>>94730286
I'm not a big fan of this overly feral look.
>>
>>94716993
He's the best there is at making catchphrases, bub. *snikt*
>>
>>94720385
Scott outright shunned Prof X for misdeed and later morally outgrew him. The worst Logan did was fuck off to take time alone, which is basically just taking care of his own mental health. Scott was closer to Xavier, and that's exactly why there a division between the two that Xavier and Logan never had.
>>
>>94754363
>they became besties

Lol no they didn't. Kitty tolerated her became she was an X-Man' s gf. They weren't friends. Emma doesn't have any relationship with anyone besides Scott and the Cuckoos.
>>
>>94717284
Every little kid put pencils between their finger and pretended to be Wolverine.
>>
>>94758555

emma should be relatively close to the kids we have had in the xmen school since morrison (except for the Aaron ones) but then, she is now a villain, it is not like she can open a school.
>>
File: wolverpunch.gif (229KB, 155x119px) Image search: [Google]
wolverpunch.gif
229KB, 155x119px
Mostly by doing this.
No really, I remember when this episode first aired. X-men was kinda new then, everyone was already picking their favorites. Not many people liked Scott. He was a stick in the mud and seemed more interested in making sure people do what he said than in actually accomplishing anything
Then wolverine punched him in the gut. I forget why, but everyone I knew fucking loved him for it.

Wolverine is that bad boy who doesnt take shit from nobody but still manages to be competent and useful for the team
>>
>>94758555
false, she and Hank were besties for a good while, and she's openly friends with Storm (who has plenty of reasons to hate Emma, unlike Kitty who is just a cunt), plus she's despicted as popular amongst her students
>>
File: timetodrink.jpg (23KB, 187x342px) Image search: [Google]
timetodrink.jpg
23KB, 187x342px
>>94759493
this poster again
>being old enough to remember when the 90s x-men cartoon aired
fuck I feel old now
>>
>>94759493
>Wolverine is that bad boy who doesnt take shit from nobody
he tries his hardest to be
>still manages to be competent and useful for the team
lmao, no, he's the team's biggest jobber both in comics and the cartoon
>>
>>94759531
Thats only because most of the team have powers that can be used at a distance
Wolverine has to run up and punch them with claws
Storm can fly, shoot lighting or summon up a hurricane-force winds
Xavier can break your mind from states away
Cyclops can blast you wherever he sees you
Rogue could fly so her being a melee fighter was less of an issue because she could close distance fast
Colossus can turn his whole body into steel so he can tank any hit with ease
Gambit can turn any object into a grenade and throw it accurately
and Beast was mostly the scientist of the group, but in a fight he could climb walls and ceilings just as easily as walk so him closing distance with a foe isnt just a straight line

Plus Wolverine is the only one with healing factor, so he's the only character who can get wrecked without having to spend the next two episodes in the hospital
He's basically like Worf from ST:NG, he's mostly there to establish how badass the enemy is
>>
Its hard to believe now but back during his boom in popularity he was one of the best written and most consistently characterized of the X-men.
>>
>>94760454

the 3 things that ruined Wolverine

-making him an Avenger
-"Romulus"
-Schism
>>
>>94752478
Kitty is OP only because she is every writer waifu.
>>
>>94752478
>Jean in the back being all like "The shit I put up with.."
>>
>>94759531
>he's the team's biggest jobber both in comics and the cartoon
Ever thought that might be a reason as to why he's so popular in the first place? He gets knocked down more times than anyone else, but he'll always get back up. People love that never-say-die attitude in underdog characters. g
>>
>>94716993
because thunderbird died in a plane crash
>>
>>94760506
>making him an Avenger
When was that, exactly?
>>
>meet with my female cousin today
>her new boyfriend's name is Logan
>her 60 year old Euro non-comic-reading dad's meumonic device to remember his new son in law's name is it's Wolverine's first name
The future is crazy.
>>
>>94742441
>chuck him in a river
Thatis kind of how he got started. >>94718034
You chuck him away ansd he comes back with a bengeance. You dismember him and he just comes back angrier.
>>
>>94759531
>the team's biggest jobber
Are you serious? Wolvie has no business winning half the fights that he wins. Iceman, Storm or Prof. X are all way bigger jobbers than he is.
>>
>>94765536
Wut
>>
>>94765502
Bendis made Wolverine and Spiderman Avengers.
They wanted to kinda copy the Justice League, as in, a book with their biggest heroes, and not just with traditional Avengers.
>>
>>94717059
The hypermasculinity is attractive.
>>
>>94767400
It's crazy that in 2017 60 year old Euros know Wolverine on a first name basis.
>>
>>94759508
Lots of students across the country would fuck their teacher.

Beast is canonically tired of Scott and Emma. Storm and Emma don't talk often as acquaintances and never as friends.

This is why it makes sense that Emma would find a new reason to be in the books with Cyclops gone. She doesn't have any other friends or anything close to it.
>>
>>94769875
Eh, not really. Wolverine has been a mainstream name since the 80's.
>>
>>94717295
Makes spaghetti.
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.