[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a positive thread, /co/mrades. Let's talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1353842353869.gif (1MB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
1353842353869.gif
1MB, 320x232px
Let's have a positive thread, /co/mrades. Let's talk about common themes and tropes in media that you fucking love.

>the scene where the guy with too many weapons has to disarm them all and spends a minute removing everything
>when the final climatic battle ends with two guys just punching the shit out of each other after everything has been tried and done
>the gentle giant type characters who don't talk much and just want to be nice.

What's the sort of shit you love, /co/?
>>
fuck you and kys yourself for obsessing about "tropes"
>>
>>94712068
Why you so angry, man?
>>
>>94712054
>character receives a minor or recoverable injury
>someone assumes that they should be mercy killed despite their insistence
>>
Good puns and word play
>>
>>94712054
I like positive threads. Is it a trope when someone homages a popular piece of very young children's fiction? Edward Gorey Wolverine and the Hulk Where the Wild Things Are cover back from when Marvel actually gave two shits about its audience.
>>
>the old/silly/dumb character everyone underestimates is actually stronger than the protagonist, they just don't like fighting for one reason or another
>when they get forced into a fight, they wreck fucking house
>>
>>94712265
I'm not sure the name of it but I guess it's just called a homage?
>>
>MC is secretly in love with his tomboyish bestfriend
>Best friends mom is in love with the MC
>>
What's the opposite of "unresolved sexual tension"? As in, two characters just instantly say they like each other and hook up.

Cause that.
>>
>Mysterious character is hidden in the shadows/off-screen/something along those lines
>Says a familiar phrase that reveals they're a character who hasn't been seen in a long time.
>>
>>94712054
>when the final climatic battle ends with two guys just punching the shit out of each other after everything has been tried and done

I love that one.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pnwNFbFB-lY
>>
>>94712054
>the scene where the guy with too many weapons has to disarm them all and spends a minute removing everything
I hate the cliché joke that almost always follows.
>Guy gets all his shit off and has to pick them up again because his friends handled everything already and are leaving
>>
>>94712054
>Underdog/looked down upon hero proves themselves a bigger hero than anyone else
The Question in JLU pops to mind.
>>
>character a saves character b
>shortly after, character b saves character a
>>
>>94712054
>one of the MCs goes through countless amounts of suffering that he does take damage from, yet he doesn't give up and still fights on
I'm usually critical of such a trope because it shows the character going through very mild punishments that don't really threaten him in the long run, but when it's done right, it's phenomenal.
>>
File: 1491184996197.png (49KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
1491184996197.png
49KB, 903x713px
>MC's life is just pure suffering no fun moments just suffering
>>
File: 45768787009.gif (247KB, 272x203px) Image search: [Google]
45768787009.gif
247KB, 272x203px
>>94712949

i lovedepressing media too, anon.
>>
>>94712054
>Supporting or minor character gets an episode to themselves. BONUS: the main character(s) don't appear.
>A older villain teams up with the hero to take out a bigger threat.
>The villain is a bro to his henchmen.
>Halloween episodes.
>The MC kills a close friend of the villain, causing the villain to rage out more.
>>
>>94712784
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7BZmmtUTag
>>
>>94712949
>MC has to commit suicide twice and then resurrect using Godmagic to become a demon in order to defeat an unstoppable evil
Really love that trope.
>>
>>94713033
>The villain is a bro to his henchmen
Related to this, I love when there's a villainous couple who are actually in love with each other and aren't in it solely to betray the other down the road.
>>
>>94713219
...Minions?
>>
>>94713213
>become a monster to fight monsters

Patrician taste, anon.
>>
>>94712054
>"No one kills the hero but me!"

Maybe the only good thing in Transformers DOTM.
>It will be me! It will ALWAYS be me!
>>
>>94714778

...and then murder prime saughtered him.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.