[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's already superior to the original because they finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 49

File: ducktales-renewed.jpg (354KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
ducktales-renewed.jpg
354KB, 1000x562px
It's already superior to the original because they finally nailed Scrooge's personality. In Ducktales, Scrooge was a complete wet blanket, a nice old grandpa and wide-eyed idealist who liked treasure and adventure. His greed was downplayed to a ridiculous degree to make him more likeable to dumb kids.

In the comics, Scrooge is a total hardass, viciously independent and carrying a sharp wit. He's quicker to anger than fucking Donald. His greed, distrust and lack of priorities are portrayed as immense flaws which makes him not only funnier but also more tragic and his eventual care for his nephews even more satisfying.
>>
I gotta agree. You make multiple good points. I also like what they did with Ms. Beakley and Webby. I know people will shout "SJWs!" leftism! feminist trash!" but I genuinely like them more now. Webby isn't just a retard with a fetish for pink, and Ms. Beakley looks like she'll actually be allowed to take part in combat or at the least roughhousing, instead of fainting every 5 seconds.

The logic and twists that came from Atlantis being upside down definitely threw me for a ride too. The twist with the jewel was fantastic
>>
Donald is better too, in the comics he's just a straight man. Here he actually gets angry a lot.
>>
>care for his nephews

You mean Dewey? Did he even talk to the other two the entire time in Atlantis? I don't know, the entire thing felt very rushed. Nothing really felt earned. Right out of the gate you've got ghost pirates and dragons turned to stone and then suddenly LETS GO TO ATLANTIS which is maybe two rooms? Dug the logic in that the jewel would be on the ceiling but then they just kind of wander out and the bad guy loses because, by the way!!, jewels cursed. They need to let the show breathe more and cool it on the sarcasm. Try and be a little more genuine and actually enjoy the adventure, not just snark their way through a couple of booby traps to get a useless mcguffin that we'll never see again anyway.
>>
>>94706953
I was referring to the comic, clearly there's no real bond in the cartoon yet. Still better than screaming about them waiting for him to die so they can claim his inheritance.
>>
>>94707266
What? That only happened with Magica's fear-clones of the triplets, right?
>>
>>94706206
Reminder that in the quasi pilot of the original Ducktales, it was his greed that set off the plot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggmVm2ljDuw
>>
>>94706953
>Did he even talk to the other two the entire time in Atlantis?

I think he called on Herbert once.
>>
>>94707368
There's something exceptionally offputting about this animation.
>>
>>94706206
>In the comics, Scrooge is a total hardass, viciously independent and carrying a sharp wit. He's quicker to anger than fucking Donald.
Stop pretending he was any of these in the DuckBoot pilot.
>>
>>94707730
The date says 1987 but it feels more like 1977.
>>
>>94706443
>I know people will shout "SJWs!" leftism! feminist trash!"
Do you deny it? It seems you like them in spite of the SJW trash. Tell me how making them better than the boys improves their character.
>>
>>94707736
he was witty and a hardass, don't know how you failed to see that, we've yet to see him angered aside from that whole bit with donald
>>
>>94707799
>One instance of a girl doing anything
>WAAAAAAAAAAAH SHE'S BETTER THAN THE BOYS! WAAAAAAAAAH!

I don't even know why I come here anymore
>>
>>94706443
>Ms. Beakley looks like she'll actually be allowed to take part in combat or at the least roughhousing, instead of fainting every 5 seconds.
She's... the fucking... HOUSEKEEPER. It's absurd to think she would ever take part in combat other than maybe hitting a burgling Beagle Boy on the head with a frying pan! Not every fucking character in the original show has to be "redeemed" by turning them into a fighter.
>>
>>94707799
>better than the boys
>is a terrible liar episode 1

yeah no, she's already worse than louie and we got like 2 minutes of him
>>
>>94707848
Meanwhile Launchpad is demoted to a chauffeur, while Scrooge's original Chauffeur and Butler doesn't appear at all.
>>
>>94707799
>better than the boys
was it stated and implied that she was this?
>>
>>94707871
>Launchpad is the chauffeur now
Please be joking. There was still a sliver of a chance I was going to watch to this thing, but I don't know if my heart can bear a Launchpad that doesn't live to crash planes.
>>
>>94707899
He crashes a plane in the very first episode, Anon.
>>
>>94707927
Phew.
>>
>>94707899
He also pilots a plane in the pilot
submarine too
>>
>>94706206
It's already inferior to every series I watch on the regular because Donald's voice is so bad that I can barely understand half the shit he says. There are literally thousands, if not millions, of people who can do the Donald Duck voice, and they grab someone who clearly struggles with it. Fuck this shit, if he's going to remain a regular then I'm not sure I can tolerate it.
>>
>>94707963
Um, pretty sure they didn't "grab" anyone and that it's Tony Anselmo, Donald's voice actor for the past 30+ years. Maybe he's losing his voice, but on a project this high profile they wouldn't have gone with anyone but him.
>>
>>94707963
I don't find him THAT hard to understand. You can usually get it listening to it two times or less.
>>
>>94707848
basically the idea is that she's had to deal with all the supernatural shit in scrooge's mansion on a daily basis
>>
>>94707815
>one instance
You mean that time Webby captured the triplets and struck fear into their hearts? Or that time Mrs Beakley womansplained that she wasn't Scrooge's secretary, and then proceeded to throw a pen into the wall? What about that preview where Webby went full Splinter Cell on the triplets? Just that one time.
>>
>>94708103
Supernatural shit? What could be considered supernatural besides maybe Scrooge's lucky penny (which isn't magical, but still draws Magica de Spell to the the mansion now and then)?
>>
File: 1502525217347.png (25KB, 662x166px) Image search: [Google]
1502525217347.png
25KB, 662x166px
>>94708127
The sad thing is, I don't know if you're joking or not. I've been terrified that this is what Alex Hirsch's girlfriend would do to the characters, but I haven't actually watched the pilot yet.
>>
>>94708141
Maybe try watching the episode before you bitch about it.
>>
File: 1502637882448.jpg (23KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1502637882448.jpg
23KB, 312x312px
>>94708141
>What could be considered supernatural
Did you even watch the episode? Also Scrooge has dangerous enemies, so a body guard makes sense
>>
>>94708171
I'm legit describing things that happened, yeah. I WISH I was making it up. And yet people like this >>94706443 still slurp it up with a spoon.
>>
>>94708182
Or I could just bitch about the fact that apparently they reinvented her character completely and, according to >>94708205, turned into some kind of bodyguard. As a fan of the original incarnations of these characters, I'm entitled whatever opinion I want on whatever I gather from reading about the reboot on this board.
>>
>>94708251
This fucking guy. This may be even more annoying than punching Nazis.
>>
I can't stop thinking of launchpad as duc version of chris pratt
>>
>>94708280
>Urggghh he's comparing a new thing to the older thing it's based off of AND HE HASN'T EVEN WATCHED IT HE'S ONLY READ WHAT WE'VE WROTE ABOUT IT AND ASDFFYGYGyg38e7g387g!!!1111
>>
>>94708296
Parks and Rec Chris Pratt, maybe. But it's hard to compare him to any action movie characters Pratt has played as they are generally pretty competent.
>>
>>94708322
yeah, parks and rec
>>
>>94708211
>I'm legit describing things that happened, yeah. I WISH I was making it up.

yes but you're also given them a context that doesn't exist and makes you sound like a crazy person.
>>
>>94708127
You mean when Webby tied them up and then creeped them out and Mrs Beakley being mad at her shitty employer not remember what it is she does there?

I'm just glad that they're giving them something to do aside from being annoying as shit set decoration. Besides, you're getting your "women being put in their place" thing with them alluding that thr Boy's mom was probably killed on and adventure.
>>
>>94708435
Beakley doesn't even act like secretary work is demeaning or anything, just that it's not her job. She flat out tells him to hire a real secretary.
>>
>>94707848

>She's... the fucking... HOUSEKEEPER.

So is Inez with the lazy eye, but goddamn, I do not fuck with her when she breaks out La Chancla.
>>
>>94708453
She probably knows that Scrooge is just trying to save money, and that he's too cheap to pay her to do both jobs.
>>
You guys realize that Webby is going to be a patsy for the Boys' pranks, right? She'll basically be their bumbling sidekick.
>>
Wow. Is the show as triggerable as this thread insists? Or is it just pretty tame and people are blowing things out of proportion? I can never tell with place these days. Really wanted to give the show a go too.
>>
>>94708517
*this place
>>
>>94707963
git gud
>>
>>94708141
>Supernatural shit? What could be considered supernatural besides maybe Scrooge's lucky penny (which isn't magical, but still draws Magica de Spell to the the mansion now and then)?
they established in several shorts on YouTube, that Scrooge owns a lot of mystical and sci-fi crap(including a time machine), enough so that the vacuum has a ghost setting on it
>>
>>94708517
The only thing /co/ is good for anymore are the images and storytimes.
>>
>>94708517

It's a reboot of a twenty year old and beloved cartoon. How can you not expect autism to spike?
>>
>>94706832
Not to mention that he actually gets a whole lot more screen-time unlike in the original Duck Tales.
>>
>>94708517
It seemed pretty tame to me, but I'd recommend checking it out yourself if you're curious.
>>
File: 1502954433526.png (155KB, 750x746px) Image search: [Google]
1502954433526.png
155KB, 750x746px
>>94708171
>People went full REEEEEEEEEEEEEE at a thread when some anon posted Alex's twatter antifa signaling.
>>
Why are the backgrounds so drab and ugly? Is a little more effort really too much to ask?
>>
>>94708770
never thought I'd see a Shocker Combatmen version of Pepe
>>
>>94708804
They're modeled after the look of the comic books, you filthy pleb. Compared to pic related, isn't it obvious? /s
>>
>>94708517
I thought it was nice. That the boys could fight so well was strange given that they best of the cheap were characterised as somewhat competent pros. They however still beat them comically and with team work. Webby was flipping around doing martial arts and shit. Donald didn't even get a brawl in. Pretty odd, tb//h.
Everything else is okay. The special agent gran is fine, sort of. She's hardly even a character at this point and doesn't seem primed for adventure so much as she's okay with Webby going.
>>
Things i liked
>Scrooge's personality as OP stated
>Webby isn't nearly as bad or annoying a character as I anticipated from the trailers
>new Ms. Beakley is now pretty cool
>Donald's in it right off the bat
>Launchpad is pretty much untouched, if maybe a tad more vocal
>animation and colors are fun
>the background character designs are also really cool
>Similarly to Webby, the nephews didn't piss me off like I thought they would, especially having normal modern boy sounding voices
Things I didn't care for
>Dewey's little development episode, but I can understand that was the whole point of the episode
>Louie is supposed to be the "evil one"?
>No Duckworth
That's pretty much it. One itty bitty inconsequential qualm is I'm having a hard time getting used to Scrooge's new VA. All in all I gotta say I was pleased to see how much I liked it. As OP said it seems like they took to the comics more and based Scrooge around that. I was horribly afraid Webby was gonna end up another Gravity Falls Mabel, so I'm so happy to see that even though she is quirky it's not too oversaturating for her character, and her loneliness and inexperience with people skills are decent personality traits to give her.
>>
>>94708875
>They however still beat them comically and with team work.

It also helps that the mooks were the best of the cheapest.

Not the cheapest of the best.
>>
>>94708833
>great shapes
>bright tree and backhoe dominate the page
>meanwhile the bg in the OP has nothing but the most depressing and dull colors on ugly shapes

Quit yer clownin'.
>>
>>94707368
>11:07
That's a reaction image, if I ever saw one.
>>
>>94708911
Except they weren't made to look like fuck ups. Just cheap expendable pros. They even had Donald talk with the sword girl to indulge further into how different they are. She was trained from birth in a hilariously edgy backstory. If they wanted bumbling mooks they would have done so. Instead they chose to make the kids beating them a proving.
I think it's an odd, potentially bad call. Especially right off the bat. It's a small gripe but this and the other nit-picks are all my misgivings. Otherwise it's mostly inoffensive. Not particularly good yet but with potential to go somewhere if it's treated kindly.
>>
File: NUDUCK CAN'T TOUCH THIS.jpg (46KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
NUDUCK CAN'T TOUCH THIS.jpg
46KB, 576x432px
>>94708924
/s stands for 'sarcasm', son. I don't know if I'd call the background in the OP depressing and ugly, but what I've seen of the show so far does not impress me, nor do I agree with the fans who have been praising the backgrounds as "comic-inspired" when they clearly don't hold a candle to even TMS' backgrounds from 1986 (pic fucking related!), much less Carl Barks' work.
>>
>>94708999
/s stands for fuck off you newfag piece of shit.
>>
>>94708952
14:03 is also a good one
>>
>>94707848
its a cartoon, little boy
>>
File: 1502591075706.jpg (106KB, 450x455px) Image search: [Google]
1502591075706.jpg
106KB, 450x455px
>>94709016
>getting this butthurt over "/s"
>>
>>94708952
>>94709052
Someone get on that please!
>>
>>94708952
a reaction gif as well
>>
why the fuck are us adults watching a kids show
>>>why
>>
>>94709016
alright, i'll stop posting, i wouldn't want to upset you any further... /s
>>
>>94708999
Cartoons of the era made up for lack of good writing by looking nice. The idea was that kids were retarded and would watch anything with bright colors.
>>
>>94708435
>Besides, you're getting your "women being put in their place" thing with them alluding that thr Boy's mom was probably killed on and adventure.
Jesus what a stupid fucking sentence.

I'm not asking for "women to get put in their place." I want a cartoon where characters can just be characters, not a constant "boys vs girls" episode where the girls inevitably win. Just fucking make a cartoon. Stop soap boxing. That's all I ask.
>>
>>94708322
>meme-lord
>competant
>>
>>94708302
Don't be a tard, you're embarrassing.
>>
>>94709172
>not a constant "boys vs girls" episode where the girls inevitably win
but dewey got them the jewel and louie was better at lying
>>
>>94708952
>>
>>94709172

And you stop being a snowflake who accuses the cartoon being too soapbox-y without actually ever fucking watching it.
>>
>>94709205
>louie was better at lying
Why does this lying bit keep being brought up as if it matters? Who cares? Again, I'm not interested in competitions. Just let the characters be.
>>
>>94709131

The channel was stuck, I swear! I couldn't change it even if I wanted to until the pilot was over and done!
>>
File: muquirana21.jpg (3MB, 1290x1900px) Image search: [Google]
muquirana21.jpg
3MB, 1290x1900px
>>94709237
>Watching cartoons
>Reading comics

Why bother when you can just get the footnotes on what to complain about from threads like these?
>>
>>94709237
Assumptions, I see. And no evidence to support your claim. Hmm.
>>
>>94709245
you are the one being triggered that the girls are better and they really aren't. webby is better at combat stuff because beakly taught her, while donald refused to let the boys do anything remotely dangerous, it's not a competition and no one treats it as such they just are. you are the one getting triggered over imaginary slights
>>
File: DuckTales_Newspaper_ad.jpg (285KB, 945x756px) Image search: [Google]
DuckTales_Newspaper_ad.jpg
285KB, 945x756px
>>94709143
>DuckTales '86
>Lack of good writing
I can see how you would think that, seeing as how the action was never buried under 15 layers of snark and irony.

>>94709194
Then learn to deal with opinions instead of writing embarrassing shit like this >>94708280
>>
>>94709237
Why am I a snowflake for wanting good cartoons? Surely you have more words in your vocabulary than the overused buzzwords, anon.

I watched the pilot, by the way. Which is why I'm expressing my disappointment.
>>
>>94709262
He never said any of the things you're accusing him of saying.
>>
>>94709296
"not a constant "boys vs girls" episode where the girls inevitably win"
except this isnt that at all
>>
>>94709277
Ducktales was AIDS in cartoon form and Don Rosa infamously declared it to be the worst experience of his life, you know, the guy who has to puncture a hole in his eyeball every 4 hours to not go blinder.

Ducktales raped the duck lore so hard that if you claimed to like it you'd get beat up in school. At least Quackpack didn't fuck Scrooge.
>>
>>94709311
How are either of you fuckers making such assumptions from one episode?
>>
I have a really hard time believing that Scrouge would actually leave all those gold coins and other treaures behind in Atlantis and only take the Jewel. That seems really out of charecter
>>
>>94709295

Then you're delusional because nothing of the sort happens in the show. Could I recommend you a fresh dose of reality? I hear it's good for people living in echo chambers.
>>
>>94709338
No arguments, I see.
>>
>>94707799
Beakley and webby aren't "better than the boys". They're better than Huey, Dewey and Lewey, but Scrooge still calls the shots and is the mastermind of the show, and Donald, given enough incentive, is basically second banana, but he still overrules the rest of the cast. That's how the dynamic should be.
>>
>>94709329

He did only bring a small sub, plus everything was blowing up. If you can't carry everything like you'd love to, make sure to carry the most valuable stuff.
>>
File: 0.jpg (583KB, 1200x864px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
583KB, 1200x864px
>>94709329
He's been forced to do that before. It's kind of an old meme at this point, the greedy villain trying to bring the gold with him at the cost of his own life, so I can see why they would drop that aspect.
>>
>>94707848
>She's... the fucking... HOUSEKEEPER
tell that to Scrooge
>>94708474
fucking cheapskate
>>
>>94707848

Come on, look at how she talks and what she does. Webby says she trained her to be ready for anything, and Beakly insists that raising Webby is enough excitement for her now.

If Beakley is not a retired adventurer of some sort that is eventuallly forced to come out of retirement I'll eat my hat.

(As a note, I am perfectly okay with this. Besides, it makes sense that Scrooge would get someone used to danger to clean his house, what with all the barely sealed unspeakable evils)
>>
>>94709318
From Don Rosa's official Facebook page:
> Apart from that, please let me remind you that it's NOT true that "Don hates DuckTales" or anything like that you might have read somewhere on the internet. He actually thinks it's one of the best animated shows ever and enjoys it quite a lot. He just believes it's not an accurate representation of the Duckburg universe from the comics (with grumpy old miser Scrooge suddenly living in a luxery mansion, for instance, and becoming a charming old grampa type of character), but that doesn't make it a less enjoyable series.

Funny how the guy writing mentions Scrooge's "luxury mansion" as a key difference, as if Scrooge didn't live in a mansion in the comics (he did).
>>
>>94709439
Read the whole story and judge for yourself, it's on don rosa's website. He worked on the show, but they took all his ideas and butchered them.
>>
>>94707368
There is something really weird about Goofy being the smart one.
>>
>>94709348
Running out of material already? You are boring
>>
>>94707963
The fuck? it's the same voice they've been using since the 80s. How do you not know this?
>>
File: DuckTales_RichB.png (94KB, 626x348px) Image search: [Google]
DuckTales_RichB.png
94KB, 626x348px
>>94709418
Ok! So let's take a look at our cast:

>Scrooge McDuck - Confirmed adventurer
>The nephews - Confirmed adventurers, now that they're living with their Uncle Scrooge
>Webby - Apparently a martial arts champion because reasons, so confirmed adventurer
>Launchpad McQuack - Confirmed adventurer, if a reckless one
>Ms. Beakley - if not a retired adventurer, at least implied to be ready to kick butt and/or do some mild adventuring if need be

Now tell me how I'm suppose to look at the above and not come away with the idea that they made both female characters tough just to be more progressive. I can see the use in making Webby a more active character. But Ms. Beakley, like Duckworth, was never anything but a support character. You need those in an action/adventure show to round out the cast. So where are the support characters?
>>
>>94709520
>So where are the support characters?
In the new Ducktales, how many episodes in are we?
>>
>>94709520
>You need those in an action/adventure show

No you don't.
>>
>>94706443
>SJW! Feminism!

I... how? How do you reach that conclusion?
>>
>>94709472
He's called Sport Goofy and not just Goofy for a reason.

Not the same Goofy.
>>
>>94708251
They didn't. They're just referring to her attitude, which has become a lot more strict and independent. She hasn't actually been shown fighting or anything of the like. She just seems like the type that would be good at it given the chance. (Which has not happened yet so don't go judging something pre-emptively just because of opinions).
>>
>>94709520
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>94709531
Touche, but I'll wager this excuse won't up in a few month's time. At best we'll get occasionally recurring characters like Gyro Gearloose and not mainstays around the mansion who won't be obliged to Scrooge's adventures (because from what we've seen so far, it seems like everyone associated with him and Donald--especially the girls!--must be a seasoned fighter or adventurer).
>>
>>94709520

And yet despite being support characters they kept being brought into places that they had absolutely no business being and never contributed anything in terms of foils and development.

This way at least they're legitimately part of the ensemble instead of fucking loads that tag along on lifethreatening adventures because reasons. We can actually expect to get an episode centered on Webby, or Mrs Beakley, and have it not suck, now.
>>
>>94709552
>I... how?
Fuck off or lurk more
>>
>>94708482
>Bumbling

I hope not. I like the idea of the crazy isolated pseudo-yandere kid who is a goddamn ninja being able to go full-bore nuts from time to time.
>>
>>94709563
It seems I wrote something that displeased you, Anon. I know it hurts, but believe me when I say you'll live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI
>>
File: donald and huey.jpg (251KB, 1600x869px) Image search: [Google]
donald and huey.jpg
251KB, 1600x869px
Enough negativity

Let's talk about how Donald is the best, most loving, most supportive character in this show
>>
>>94709578
No, explain your fucking point. None of what Beakly or Webby did was touting feminism or SJW bullshit. Are you a retard, or a crazy person?
>>
>>94709594
CUK
>>
>>94709603
>raising your sister's kids makes you a cuck
anon,, do you know what that word means?
>>
>>94709594
C U T E
>>
>>94709619
That Donald should've gone for Lyla instead of that frugal bitch Daisy and maybe he'd have a kid of his own?
>>
>>94709594
>Water

Damn, I missed that. Is he wearing gear because Donald is overprotective or were they hoping to get him in a game but he didn't make the cut?
>>
>>94709567
>This way at least they're legitimately part of the ensemble instead of fucking loads that tag along on lifethreatening adventures because reasons.

Those 'reasons' were fairly obvious: so that Webby/and/or Ms. Beakley (and later Bubba) could get captured by a Yeti, or fall down a pit, or get lost inside a pyramid, etc. And yes, that's a fairly trite way to generate tension in a story, but it works.

Maybe Webby isn't invincible. Maybe we will see her or the nephews (and it better not always be the fucking nephews) get in a bind and have to have Scrooge come to their rescue. But at least from what little I've seen so far, this doesn't seem to be that kind of show, which makes me wonder if all these 'adventures' they go on will just be a series of action and comedy set pieces where everyone kicks butt and no gets into any real danger.
>>
>>94707871
The butler was there. He showed up at the very beginning.
>>
>>94709675
Duckworth was nowhere to be seen. Those were board members of McDuck Enterprises or w/e.
>>
>>94707799
Disney has always portrayed young female characters as quick witted and physically dominant over young male characters, it's a cliche at this point, it's nothing new.
>>
>>94709633
he's just like in his late twenties early thirties
he still has plenty of time to have kids of his own
>>
>>94709643

He's obviously just the waterboy, yet Donald has him wear all the protective gear. It's a joke on how over the top he's about keeping the boys safe.
>>
>>94709711

I loved that they were vultures.
>>
File: RCO004.jpg (419KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO004.jpg
419KB, 1041x1600px
>>94709594
I love their take on Donald, as a former adventurer who wished to leave that kind of life behind him and focus on taking care of the triplets. Usually Donald's portrayed as a comedic character who encounters failure a lot, but this show actually acknowledges two more serious aspects of his character: that he took on a big responsibility by taking in the triplets, and that he has tons of experience in adventuring.

The story of how Donald's nephews ended up dumped on him is the elephant in the room and it's usually not acknowledged at all, so I'm excited that this cartoon seems to finally make some use out of it. The angle they've got with Donald trying to keep the triplets away from adventures and being overly protective of them is maybe a little cliched for Disney dads, but I still find it kind of sweet. I think it's because this is Donald we're talking about; he can often act a little irresponsible and thoughtless, so it's nice to see him trying so hard to be a good parent.
>>
File: newwaifu.jpg (53KB, 599x852px) Image search: [Google]
newwaifu.jpg
53KB, 599x852px
Can we talk about new Birb Waifu?
>>
>>94709826
As long as Della isn't lost in space I'm glad. That's like the worst possible explanation they could've made.

Della's a woman of the 30's, sometimes you just couldn't afford kids and had to dump them with a relative. It's not so bad.
>>
>>94709877
Sorry, I don't speak Sword.
>>
Its major issue is that its so focused on making the characters adventurers that it glosses over the adventures themselves. It made a legendary lost city some forgettable generic dungeon with a maguffin center, they didn't even put thought into the curse at the end. The story behind the dragon statue alone is worth an episode in itself and they treat it like it was as mundane as a racoon in their backyard.
>>
>>94708517
Given how shit certain reboots and continuations have been coupled with a more politically charged atmosphere than usual, and the fact that it's, you know, Ducktales, naturally tensions will be running high
>>
>>94707848
>She's... the fucking... HOUSEKEEPER.
She's his secretary, dum-dum.
>>
>>94709594

Donald being a doting parent and proudly showing photos to the obviously evil mercs melted my heart a bit. You're a good guy, Donald.
>>
>>94709603
>DUK
ftfy
>>
>>94707871

Duckworth apparently does show up somewhere in the promotional material, but we are not sure where.
>>
>>94707927

"I'm a pilot!"
>>
>>94707899
He starts out as Scrooge's chauffeur, but reveals soon enough that he can fly (and crash) planes too. We've known this for months by now, since he was portrayed as a pilot in the trailer and in one of the shorts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3elTVTt_ER4
>>
>>94708127
2 of those incidents are the same damn incident. And being mad enough to throw a pen through drywall isn't that impressive. Get over yourself, I suppose you want Webby to be meek and mostly useless again, and Ms. Beakley to be completely useless. Oh! And let's bring back Ducksworth! The almost set piece butler!
>>
>>94708251
Welp now you're just a troll.
>>
>>94710017

Well we can't have women be anything but useless shrieking violets so that men can rescue them. What year do you think this is, 2017?
>>
>>94709172
Yeah you are. You're only complaining about the girls being redone, not the boys. The triplets aren't the same as they were before, where they were just plot devices to either get in trouble or spout stuff from the Junior Woodchuck Handbook. Want to revert them back to their status quo where they were literally interchangeable?
>>
>>94709826
Donald has been acknowledged as both an adventurer and a hard-working uncle in the comics, it's nice to see them including both while having a continuity to it. I'm guessing Della disappeared on one of these adventures and that's how Donald wound up with the triplets, why he and Scrooge retired and why they hadn't spoken in 10 years.
>>
>>94706206
If there is something I hate about this show, it's how they push the overprotective focus not on one, but TWO characters.
Donald being RIDICULOUSLY overprotective of his nephews and Ms Beakley being overprotective of Webby to the point where I wonder if she is even going to school, if she can't go to the next joint to eat a fucking burger. What the fucking point in being American, if you can't do that? May as well kill yourself.
It goes on my nerves!
>>
>>94710074

Personally, I'm just happy that people outside of Scrooge and Launchpad have personalities now. The triplets were a single dude with three pairs of hands, and not even a particulary characterful one, Webby was The Girl, and Mrs Beakley's character sheet might as well have read "faints".

Now Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Webby all bring things to the main party. Dewey is eager to prove himself and thirsty for adventure, Huey is by the book and has survival skills, Loie is the clever rogue, and Webby is a somewhat insane action junkie/Duck family fangirl. We still don't have much on Beakley except her being the straight man and also overporotective, but I'm confident we'll learn more shit about her in time.
>>
>>94709901
I love how the fans complain that trolls keep taking over their DuckTales threads, but when someone points out a genuine flaw? Silence. I really want to see one of them try to counter this issue you've brought up.

>>94710035
10/10 response there, buddy. Boy, you really shut me down.
>>
>>94709901
>>94710289

I wouldn't call it a flaw. The focus was on introducing the cast, not the adventure which was just a plot device to get Scrooge adventuring again as well as get Donald to stop being a hen mother,
>>
>>94710289
>I love how the fans complain that trolls keep taking over their DuckTales threads, but when someone points out a genuine flaw? Silence. I really want to see one of them try to counter this issue you've brought up.

Or maybe it's just that when people bring up bullshit false points people are compelled to say "that's bullshit", while things that elicit an "eh, that's a fair opinion, I can see how someone could feel that" don't need refutation?

Like, yeah, the new series is clearly more focused on the characters than the adventures themselves. If someone wanted adventure focus I can certainly see why they'd be disappointed by the pilot. It's not the focus and it's probably not going to be their thing.
>>
>>94708999
But they gots comic dots
>>
>>94710289
>10/10 response there, buddy. Boy, you really shut me down.
If you're admitting you haven't watched the show to the point of trying to act like there's nothing supernatural in the house when there was literally a promo with a ghost to say nothing of the first episode, I am pretty sure yes, that is being a troll
>>
>>94709901
I do kinda agree with you, yeah. As of now I'm willing to let it slide since I assume the current episodes were more focused on introducing the characters & dynamics, but I do indeed hope they'll get a bit more serious about the adventures themselves.

Guess we'll just have to see how the show progresses
>>
>>94710106
I think Ms. Beakley's overprotectiveness was just for this episode to explain how Webby is the way she is since she'll obviously be allowed to leave the house now
>>
>>94709901
>>94710289
It's the pilot episode so it has to focus on Launchpad.

But it is the pilot episode so it has to establish:
>Rudimentary background and personality of the main cast
>Why do any of these people want to go on an adventure?
>Why do any of these people want to go on an adventure together?
>What kind of rivals does Scrooge have, with Glomgold being used as an example
>What kind of illusory stakes are there in these adventures (illusory because for the most part it is expected for the protagonists to win)

In my opinion the whole point of the story behind the dragon statue being left out is that any of the relics in the garage could have had stories worth an episode each (And based off the Donald painting likely did have an episode each), were all stuck in the garage and were quickly finished off by Scrooge in one scene (I mean imagine, the Garden hose of Destiny episode) and the legendary lost city of Atlantis is such a cliche that it's basically worth expending on a throwaway first adventure anyway.

My point being that criticizing the pilot episode for these practices is a bit premature.
>>
>>94709901
I'd say that's more because this was about introducing the characters and relationships to us first and foremost. Since this is going to be a serialized story and not episodic vignettes, it can take it's time. Also, there's the nature of it being a reboot to consider as well. We all know it's about adventures already so they don't need to focus on that aspect too hard in episode 1 but they didn't just have it totally in the background like it didn't need to be there. If the entire special was just dicking around the house, I would understand your point
>>
>>94709520
You do know that the help being former secret agents/special forces is an old trope, right? Like Alfred, Driver, or most any kids movie with an action star head lining it. You're just mad that it's Ms. Beakley.
>>
Post mega.
>>
>>94710542
https://mega.nz/#F!93pREBJA!zTnTDn7uUAfNmhCSZJ3nYQ
>>
>>94710566
Thank you very much.
>>
>>94707799
im sorry female characters make you scared anon
>>
File: murder.png (814KB, 1032x795px) Image search: [Google]
murder.png
814KB, 1032x795px
>>94709111
>>
>>94707848
>She's... the fucking... HOUSEKEEPER. It's absurd to think she would ever take part in combat
Alfred is just a butler but nobody has a shitfit when he whips out a shotgun
>>
>>94710672

That's actually a good comparison, since Alfred is ex-SAS, and I bet you twenty bucks that Beakley is some sort of ex-badass herself.
>>
File: 19alvgrmu5xwkjpg.jpg (80KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
19alvgrmu5xwkjpg.jpg
80KB, 970x546px
>>94706206
>Donald drives his car to Scrooge's
>His car isn't the 313

dropped
>>
File: the big bird.jpg (57KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
the big bird.jpg
57KB, 1200x675px
In my opinion It's the best cartoon reboot airing on tv right now until 2k15 Thunderbirds comes back out of hiatus, then it's no fucking contest.
>>
>>94710699

Well, he has a family now, he probably had to trade it in for a five-seater.

Now I want him to be driving the 313 in the inevitable flashbacks.
>>
>>94709826
>Louie is a woodchuck

the fact that not all three are buffles me a bit, buth it is more coherent with their current characterization actually.

>>94709877
I'm actually surprised she's not talked more. guess the previews spoiled us.
>>
>>94710722
If I recall correctly they sit in the trunk in everything I've read.
>>
File: 313.jpg (74KB, 915x515px) Image search: [Google]
313.jpg
74KB, 915x515px
>>94710722
He has enough room for the kids in the 313, somehow. I think the kids are usually sitting in the trunk? At least it looks more like a trunk than a backseat, but I'm not sure how that car works exactly.

Still, the car's iconic, and it's a shame Donald doesn't seem to have it this time. I hope it'll get to appear in a later episode.
>>
>>94710816
>>94710814
It's a rumble seat, because the car is THAT fucking old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumble_seat
>>
>>94710816
Fold out passenger seats. It was very popular in the 50s-60s for those who had kids but still wanted a trend setter's car.
>>
>>94710492
No, I would find it very interesting if Ms. Beakley turned out to a former FBI or MI6 agent. I still think it's insane to make member of the household adventurer, but that would be an interested take on Beakley at least. It's just this nebulous thing of "she's a tough gal who's ready for adventure, which is totally normal for a housekeeper". If they're going to keep going on with this agenda of making sure every female character is a total badass, they can at least come up with good reasons.
>>
>>94710903
*make every member of the household an adventurer
>>
>>94710816

I can see Donald being extremely proud of his ancient crappy car and then sadly selling it when the triplets are hatched.
>>
>>94710903

I mean, it's pretty extremely obvious that Beakley has history. Webby straight up says her grandma "trained her" while making martial arts poses, and she shares Donald's overprotectiveness, which after the end-of-episode reveal we can guess is about losing Della in an adventure. She clearly has a backstory, she's not just Big Housekeeper Because Yes.

And like you say, the whole "former agent turned butler" seems lik exactly the kind of pulpy trope Ducktales would riff of. So that's my bet right now.
>>
>>94710468
>But it is the pilot episode so it has to establish:
>Rudimentary background and personality of the main cast
>Why do any of these people want to go on an adventure?
>Why do any of these people want to go on an adventure together?
>What kind of rivals does Scrooge have, with Glomgold being used as an example
>What kind of illusory stakes are there in these adventures (illusory because for the most part it is expected for the protagonists to win)
Every single one of these points was addressed to much greater effect in the five-part pilot of the 1986 series. So I would disagree that its premature criticizing the plot for these issues.

And Atlantis being a cliche should not preclude the adventure from being memorable or the characters from taking it seriously. An undercooked pilot is an undercooked pilot, no matter how blinded people may be by their excitement for DuckTales returning.
>>
>>94707871
Launchpad's existence precluded Donald from being a major part of the original cartoon.
>>
>>94710986
Disney policy of the time was what precluded the main Disney trio from being on TV, Launchpad was just the replacement.
>>
>>94710974
Only good things can come of autistically breaking down and analyzing every piece of an episode.

In short, if you liked the original Ducktales more than the Rosa/Barks comics then you might not like the new show. Also you may be suffering from brain damage. Aside from your terrible taste, which is all but guaranteed.
>>
>>94710986
And then they reintroduced Donald in form of Fenton.
And now all three are bound to appear in the reboot at the same time.
>>
File: YOU'RE.jpg (83KB, 622x441px) Image search: [Google]
YOU'RE.jpg
83KB, 622x441px
It's good that Donald and Scrooge don't really seem to like each other that much. They're dynamic is much more interesting that way and it helps reinforce Donald's image as an average guy.
>>
>>94711005
Point to which of my words triggered you so hard that you couldn't form a coherent response to any of it.

Was it one of these?
>Every single one of these points was addressed to much greater effect in the five-part pilot of the 1986 series.

Or any of these?
>And Atlantis being a cliche should not preclude the adventure from being memorable or the characters from taking it seriously.

In case, I am so very sorry for your case of butthurt, Anon. Perhaps next time you actually respond to the content of my post rather than indulge in this tired exercise of calling everyone you disagree with an autist/brain damage sufferer.
>>
>>94711066
It's reminiscent of their reunions in Barks and Don Rosa's comics too, where they haven't spoken in years and don't have a great impression of each other.
>>
>>94711005
Oh, and I never said that I enjoy the original DuckTales more than the Barks/Rosa comics. But the Barks/Rosa comics this ain't.
>>
>>94711069
Notably

>Every single one of these points was addressed to much greater effect in the five-part pilot of the 1986 series.

Since the 1986 failed to address why uncle Scrooge was now a retard who needs a butler to take care of him not just in the pilot but throughout the entire series.

>>94711086
It's the closest we've ever gotten.
>>
>>94711069
Haven't been following the debate, but if you haven't even watched the episode yet are willing to spend ages nagging like this, there are grounds for calling you a retarded autist. How do you give enough fucks to be this anal about details, without bothering to watch the episode?
>>
>>94709520
>just to be more progressive

they had almost no character before

Webby was an annoying cunt who existed for no reason other than to be an annoying cunt, and Beakley was your stereotypical old lady maid.

Now they actually have character beyond that.

how is giving them character "muh sjw progressiveness" ?

Oh right, they're female, so giving them any kind of positive change is "SJW"
>>
My only complaint is that I can't understand shit when Donald is talking. I get a few words here and there, but that's it.
>>
I like Scrooge, Donald and Ms. Beakly but I really hate the kids. Their humour is just so offputting and "lol random!"

They're also unbearable when they do unnecessarily stupid shit. I wanted to kill Dewey when he wouldn't take his foot out of the fucking light and while it ws entertaining watching Donald trying to save his nephew, the fact that it was all down to his idiocy and the moral of the story was "Me being reckless is actually Ok!" is really off putting
>>
>>94711127
They are surprisingly sticking to their guns of both having Donald talk as much as he does in the comics while also having his voice.
>>
>>94707799
Beakley and Webby are trained fighters. Does that upset you so much? They still have flaws, interesting dynamics, and are overall "standard" characters like the rest of the cast.

There's really no reason to bandwagon spaz out over it.
>>
File: Spoopy Contemplation.png (7KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Spoopy Contemplation.png
7KB, 500x500px
>>94711127
Am I the only one who could understand him just fine?
>>
File: Tails_gets_trolled_0083.png (99KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
Tails_gets_trolled_0083.png
99KB, 295x300px
>>94711145
Yeah, but I'm forced to use subs for this show, and I don't think that every ep will have them. Just hoping for Donald not to talk much I guess.
>>94711173
>Am I the only one
You're probably not.
>>
>>94711140
They're alright. I don't see them becoming anyone's favorite character.

>The old...
>... nephews were...
>... kinda annoying too!
>>
>>94711099
>Since the 1986 failed to address why uncle Scrooge was now a retard who needs a butler to take care of him not just in the pilot but throughout the entire series.
Except that didn't need to be addressed at all. You do realize he's not the Scrooge of the comics, right? Nor was he ever meant to be.

>>94711109
Because you've all discussed it to death and I've been following the discussions. Which I think is pretty normal for a /co/ poster. Who doesn't sometimes read threads of shows they haven't watched before? I haven't gotten around to this one yet, but that doesn't mean I'm ill-informed.
>>
>>94711194
>Except that didn't need to be addressed at all. You do realize he's not the Scrooge of the comics, right? Nor was he ever meant to be.

That's a considerably larger issue than anything in the reboot so far.
>>
>>94711145

Honestly, I'm just happy that apparently he's just legit hard to understand, according to English speakers here, and it's not that I'm retarded. English is like my third language so I thought my needing to watch the Donald bits two or three times to get what the fuck he said was just me being bad at English.
>>
>>94711194
>Who doesn't sometimes read threads of shows they haven't watched before?
Usually people don't argue with others about it as it they've seen it in those cases
>>
>>94711127
I actually think he's a little too easy to understand. If you think you should be understanding the majority of what comes out of his beak I think you're missing something.
>>
>>94711194
I'm just saying people would stop shitting on you as much as they do if you'd actually judged it by yourself instead of spending hours arguing about a childrens cartoon duck show you haven't actually seen and are parroting off others recaps. Following threads upon threads of discussions and complaining about details you haven't seen yourself instead of just spending an hour watching it is pretty autistic, anon.
>>
>>94711219
He's supposed to be hard to understand.
Back in the day Clarence Nash would even do the dubbing for Donald in other languages.
He'd mangle the languages, but he wasn't meant to be understood anyway.
>>
>>94711227
>If you think you should be understanding the majority of what comes out of his beak I think you're missing something.
But that's the thing - when I was a kid and watched the original cartoon I've always thought that I shouldn't understand what exactly is that he is saying, because it was so unrecognizable. But now he talks so much that I'm kinda concerned.
>>
>>94711186
>the old nephews were kinda annoying to
That doesn't make it right.

It IS possible to write children decently.
>>
>>94711260
A practice which lives on through Swedish uncle Hampus.
>>
>>94709598
>None of what Beakly or Webby did was touting feminism or SJW bullshit
And yet people on 4chan will still say it's sjw and feminist. Heck, they're doing it in this thread.

As the other guy said - lurk moar
>>
I just wanna know if Flintheart is actually Afrikaner pretending to be Scottish, or it was just someting the writers considered but decided to make him Scottish anyway. Hopefully it will come up in a later episode
>>
>>94706206
why is every duck white?, where are the black ducks?
>>
>>94711315
Launchpad is pretty black.
>>
File: vvbzje0mbsf2zmkky34c.png (185KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
vvbzje0mbsf2zmkky34c.png
185KB, 800x450px
>>94711315
There's a brown one and a grayish one

>>94711269
Considering how pretty much every Disney XD cartoon turns out, I'm sure they will get better
>>
>>94711315
One of the reporters at the dock had a green head
>>
>>94711301
Nobody knows what an Afrikaner is anymore. People are smarter today too so they'd have to dedicate more time to explaining that he totally didn't cut people's limbs off and shit and that's just way too much time and effort.
>>
>>94711269
But would it be accurate?
>>
>>94711349
are you kidding me?
some background duck that will barely be in the show at all and a robot?
i guess all black ducks live in the ghetto where there is no money at all and are shot by the police if they ever enter the town right?
why couldnt one of the boys be black? there is no good reason
>>
>>94711376
Is having Donald Duck actually part of the main cast accurate?
>>
>>94711391

Yep.
>>
>>94711391
Yes.
>>
>>94711391
Yeh.
>>
>>94711391
I meant accurate to how children are
>>
>>94711261
Eh, the show I downloaded has optional subtitles so I guess I'm taking the Donaldspeak for granted, but I grew up with a toally incomprehensible Donald from the 40's and 50's shorts (on TV, of course I'm not THAT old) so I can't help but favour gibberish over understandable dialogue even if it hurts my understanding of the plot.
>>
>>94711385
Why bother baiting if you can't even put out something half decent?
>>
>>94711520
>pol
>>
>>94711529
I have no idea what you're trying to say.
>>
>>94711536
go back to pol
>>
>>94711548
Why are you still trying?
>>
>>94711564
why are you still here?
>>
>>94711577
Because I want to talk about Ducktales? Why else would I be here?
>>
>>94711633
>pol
>>
>>94706206
I fear that it will get too melodramatic
Everything else is just fine.
>>
>>94711660
Do you want to talk about Ducktales or not?
>>
>>94711173

No. In fact I understand him more here than I have in years, which is werid to me.

>>94711194

Not when you have shitposters who deliberately mislead to troll or get triggered over dumb shit. Every Fandom has the same three types on 4chan: anon that actually watch or read the series, the shitposters, and the one guy that tries to stand out by acting like the biggest autist over something minor.
>>
>>94711674
not with nazis i dont
>>
>>94711697
>Pretending not to know who Fenton is
>Pretending that making one of the triplets black wouldn't require them to make the other two, Della and Donald black as well
Stop trying.
>>
>>94706206
Scrooge was good but HOLY FUCK I can't stand the voices for the nephews
>>
>>94711728
are you calling me a fake fan just because im a girl?
>>
>>94711777
No, I'm saying you're just going through the motions. You have absolutely no passion for shitposting whatsoever.
>>
>>94711788
Stop replying to the retard then. Only quality bait deserves (you)s.
>>
>>94711797
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm bored so I was just looking for something to occupy myself with.
>>
>>94711788
and the fact that im a girl has nothing to do with it whatsoever?
right, of course you would say that, how many girls do you see here?
>>
>>94707848
After Alfred Pennyworth, Oddjob, Kato, Owen Burnett, Charles Foster Ofdensen, Mercy Graves, Zhu-Li, Wong, Norman Burg, Valkenhyn R. Hellsing, and Walter C Dornez, I have no idea why Mrs Beakley is the deal breaker for the servant to be a badass.
Battler Butlers, Ninja Maids, and Combat Chauffeurs are a well recognized cliche at this point. It'd be weirder if Scrooge DIDN'T have one, really.
>>
>>94707848
>Scrooge McDucks housekeeper NOT being able to handle intruders

Now THATS retarded. Seriously, he goes on adventures ALL the fucking time and you think he'd leave that shit to a lady who can't stay awake at the sight of a mouse?
>>
>>94708251
>Reboot
>Complaining about unimportant side characters not being the same
>>
>>94709520
Improving characters is progressive, Ill give you that. In the same way moving from 8 bit to 16 bit was progressive.
>>
I don't know why people say Donald was hard to understand. I only had to rewind once to catch something he said.
>>
>>94711966
Are you wearing your kilt right now?
>>
>>94711966
Yeah, I don't understand either. He was super easy to understand, I never had any trouble telling what he was saying ever.
>>
>>94706206
>It's already superior to the original
No
>>
>>94707848
She's a housekeeper to a billionaire adventurer who has a garage full of magical artifacts. It makes sense she's a bit of a badass. Can you imagine Alfred fainting all the time?
>>
>>94712501
yeah
>>
>>94712611
No
>>
File: 709.png (1MB, 1024x1376px) Image search: [Google]
709.png
1MB, 1024x1376px
>>94706206
I have an urge to commission PKNA/PKNE art. Anyone know any good Donald Duck and Pals fan artists that are open to that?
>>
>>94708903
>>Louie is supposed to be the "evil one"?

what's wrong with that
>>
>>94712633
no u
>>
>>94712633
Yeah times infinity.
>>
>>94712869
No times your mom
>>
>>94707848
>not liking badass characters from mundane backgrounds
pls
>>
>>94708127
So, let me get this straight. In a series where Donald stops literal giant flame columns on his own, Scrouge is the richest person on the planet; and is so wealthy that he can actually afford to swim in a giant pool of gold, and that very man cannot be bothered to learn the titles and skills of his employees, you're triggered over Webby taking the boys by surprise? One of the forerunners literally keeps achient artifacts that hold unspeakable evil in his garage, how are you gonna try to dwarf that by saying some chick embedded a pen in the wall?

Also, womansplaining? Really? The lady had maybe 3 sentences dedicated to saying "I'm not a secretary", and one of those times Scrounge effectively told her to piss off. It's implied that he's done this multiple times before, so how on Earth was she "womansplaining"?
>>
>>94708141
Scrouge had a ghost locked away in a trunk, and a sword that wouldn't stop slashing until what it was fighting was dead, in his garage. Watch the episode you fucking autist.
>>
>>94712920
She's almost guaranteed to be a secret agent of some sort.
>>
>>94709901
Of course its focusing on the adventurers, its the pilot episode. Whats the point of having some sort of grand adventure with people you don't care about unless you already know the source material? (And even then, they're different enough that it doesn't matter then much).

The comics did this too, the first issue was literally just introducing the characters in a rather simple set up.
>>
>>94710974
>And Atlantis being a cliche should not preclude the adventure from being memorable or the characters from taking it seriously.
Its literally supposed to show how Scrooge had been on so many adventures that to him, its just another dungeon delve. Its supposed to be him taking the nephews on something simple.

The same with all those treasures in his garage. Complaining about them not having their own stories is like complaining about how you don't get the story of one of those passing comments Scrooge makes in the comics. "Oh, this reminds me of _____" or the like. Its supposed to show how he was such hot shit even a magical dragon statue just goes in the garage.

You know, to make you more interesting in seeing what a real dangerous adventure is like. Its wetting your lips instead of blowing your whole load, so that the rest of the series can't ever catch that same feeling (like the original cartoon did, and you can fight me, but it struggled so much to ever be as big as the beginning.)

Like, the comics start out pretty simple, and gradually get bigger and bigger, so you aren't just like "Oh, they're just looking for a sunken ship? *Yawn*. The beagle boys? Who cares."
>>
>>94713193
Scrooge probably doesn't even pay her, he just lets her live in the mansion.
>>
>>94715521
Odds are she pays him.
>>
>>94706443
Beakley is fine. Webby has been turned into a sociopath.
>>
>>94715802
But if anything, she's too emotional.

Are fangirls still a thing? Because she's that. Donald is her Sasuke.
>>
>>94715829
>But if anything, she's too emotional.

Which 'she' do you mean? Beakley, or Webby?
>>
File: DHcgrzEWsAAYJZE.jpg (328KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DHcgrzEWsAAYJZE.jpg
328KB, 1200x1200px
>>94706206
>concept art has donald in his quackshot outfit
>>
I don't know if it was the version I downloaded but it was nearly impossible to understand what Donald says. I had to turn the volume up way to loud and eventually just turned it lower and tuned him out.
Sometimes I was almost certain he was not even saying words.
>>
>>94715849
Beakly would break Sasuke in fucking half.
>>
>>94715521
>>94715674
She works for room and board.
She pays Scrooge for the education, room and board of Webby.
>>
>>94715944
>education
yeah, like Scrooge is going to pay a homeroom teacher, big chance
>>
>>94715802
>Webby has been turned into a sociopath.
What are you on about? She isn't sociopathic in any sense of the word. If I was going to categorise her as anything it'd be a groupie. The kind who'd know everything about their favourite band, follow them on tours and tell stories about what they've done to anyone who'll listen.
>>
>>94710879
>It was very popular in the 50s-60s
Try '20s-'30s. That's a serious classic Donald has on his hands. Maybe he's put it in storage and got a cheap daily driver (perhaps he was afraid of what the nephews might do to it).
>>
>>94716013
Go watch some of the trailers. Webby has absolutely no empathy towards the triplets whatsoever and often goes out of her way to hurt them during 'games'.
>>
>>94716046
>young boys can't cope with being played with in rough manner
You sound like a fucking soccer mom.
>>
>>94716098
We're not talking about harm coming to fictional individuals, we're talking about a fictional character being a sociopath.

It makes her seem unpleasant, and is thus a bad change to the character. Understand?
>>
>>94706206
>In Ducktales, Scrooge was a complete wet blanket, a nice old grandpa and wide-eyed idealist who liked treasure and adventure.
Not all the time. Especially not early on.
>His greed was downplayed to a ridiculous degree to make him more likeable to dumb kids.
Not at all. He was shown to be quite covetous of gold, protective of his own money, and an extreme cheapskate.

If anything, the new show has severely downplayed his greed. He's really just a bitter old adventurer looking to reclaim his glory days. Although there's only been one episode, plenty of room to expand his character. That said, if you're going to use "WAHHH, IT'S NOT LIKE THE COMICS" as your criteria for judgement, try to do a little more research next time.
>>
>>94716133
Nah, you're just projecting because you don't seem to be able to habdle strong female characters
>>
>>94716133
So someone who plays a bit rough with their friends, despite them BEING friends and thereby knowing knowing they don't actually mean each other any harm is sociopath behaviour?

You must think a hell of a lot of kids are sociopaths, or have had a very sheltered childhood.
>>
>>94715802
Webby is like a fusion of Dipper and Mabel
>>
>>94716179
It's not 'playing rough', it's 'taking things way too far and having no remorse for the consequences'.

We've all known someone like that and hated them, and if you didn't you were that guy.

Also, sociopathy is relatively common, and doesn't mean 'ax murderer', but instead a lack of empathy and tendency to manipulate.
>>
>>94716133
>kid plays rough with friends
>sociopath
dude
>>
File: 1469135097672.gif (1MB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1469135097672.gif
1MB, 250x141px
>>94716147
>if you're going to use "WAHHH, IT'S NOT LIKE THE COMICS" as your criteria for judgement

You will find the "Ducktales > Don Rosa + Carl Barks" camp you've made for yourself to be a very lonely one.
>>
File: L5qGsJL.jpg (125KB, 648x484px) Image search: [Google]
L5qGsJL.jpg
125KB, 648x484px
>>94716215
>>
>>94716259
Glad you agree with me.
>>
>>94707368
That was a pretty fun watch, although seeing a non-anthro ostrich and a kangaroo with a pouch as a chaarcter next to Beagle Boys was werid.
>>
>>94716215
I don't see the triplets caring or there BEING any consequences. Also I haven't noticed her being "unpleasant" or vicious at all. Maybe if she was shown to upset them or give them PTSD you'd have a point. But the characters in question don't care. So why should you?
>>
File: 1427507710629.jpg (44KB, 323x366px) Image search: [Google]
1427507710629.jpg
44KB, 323x366px
>>94716274
What's the issue? Humans and chimps can exist in the same world.
>>
>>94715802
>Beakley is fine.
Beakley is a man. They literally gave her the Carol Danvers/Kitty Pride/Crystal treatment.
>>
>>94716306
She reminds me more of Kalifa from One Piece.
>>
>>94716245
I never said I liked DuckTales more than the comics at all. I said that judging something poorly just because it isn't like something else is retarded, which it is. DuckTales is a solid show on its own merits. Hell, even Don fucking Rosa thinks this, but retarded fandoms only ever want to compare and rank things and draw lines in the fucking sand and shout "NOT MUH", instead of judging things objectively. I shouldn't really be surprised that most of /co/ still can't wrap their minds around this concept.
>>
>>94716133
I bet you were that little bitch kid who went crying to mommy because the other lads played too rough for your tastes.
>>
File: 1502072046596.jpg (296KB, 1019x765px) Image search: [Google]
1502072046596.jpg
296KB, 1019x765px
>>94707368
>gives it to the museum
>makes sure its tax deductible
10/10
>>
>>94716306
Eh. She just seemed like an over-protective, uppity housekeeper. She remarked that she wasn't Scrooge's secretary, because she isn't. It's not the job she's paid for. He'll I'd get annoyed, too, especially seeing as how Scrooge is such a cheapskate, he'd definitely try to get around having to pay for one by just dumping it on his housekeeper.

And I highly doubt they wrote that line in as some kind of pro-feminism, smash-the-patriarchy pandering, because the second time she yells it at Scrooge, he fucking hangs the phone up on her without giving a shit.
>>
>>94716363
Don Rosa hated working on Ducktales and only withdrew his statements after idiots such as yourself kept hounding him about it. Read his explanation.

Why do you think it's wrong to make what the comics did well a criteria for this show which is CLEARLY emulating the comics in everything from artsyle to characterization?
>>
>>94716306
>being a spirited hardass housekeeper now means you're a man

She is not the first housekeeper to chew out her employer or throw things in a temperamental rage and she won't be the last.
>>
>>94716442
>Don Rosa hated working on Ducktales
Don Rosa never worked on DuckTales you fucking casual.
>>
>>94716485
He did, on the magazine. They also reworked read: fucking ruined some of his storylines in the show without asking for permission.
>>
>>94716533
To be fair, and as much as I hate how Disney has treated Don, they didn't have to ask for permission. They own the characters and everything everybody writes for them and can do whatever they like with those stories and characters. It's just like say, how WB were free to lift some ideas from Miller's Batman comics for the Nolan movies without adapting the stories outright. Or y'know, Watchmen.
>>
>>94716442
>Why do you think it's wrong to make what the comics did well a criteria for this show which is CLEARLY emulating the comics in everything from artsyle to characterization?
I never said that. I love how hard you people have to strawman to make it seem like I'm wrong. The OP started by comparing the original DuckTales to the comics and saying "IT'S BAD BECAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT", which is just stupid. And my counterargument is that if you think Scrooge's personification is only good by being as close to the comics as possible, then you need to check yourself because the new show is still different in some of the same ways the original DuckTales was. Here, from the OP:

>In the comics, Scrooge is a total hardass
He wasn't much of a hardass in the new show.
>viciously independent and carrying a sharp wit.
He seemed to be witty, and yes, independent, but so was '87 DuckTales Scrooge, for the length of about an episode until his family won him over. The exact same thing happened here.
>He's quicker to anger than fucking Donald.
He was not very angry at all in the new show. He was quite understanding.
>His greed, distrust and lack of priorities are portrayed as immense flaws
None of this happened in the new show. At least not yet.

Once again, just so you can follow me, I'm not saying any one version of the character is inherently better than the other (For the record, I like the old show, the new show, and the current show, but my favorite version is Don Rosa's), I just think that each version works within its own setting, and to claim that the old cartoon was shit because it was different from the comics, but then to fail to realize that the new show isn't really that much closer to the comics takes a special kind of ignorance.
>>
File: office.png (521KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
office.png
521KB, 576x432px
>>94716418
What the hell happened to Emily Quackfaster-Featherby, then?
>>
>>94716533
>He did, on the magazine
He wrote like, ONE fucking comic dude, and he had no strong feelings about it either way. He just said he preferred writing his own Scrooge.
>They also reworked (read: fucking ruined) some of his storylines in the show without asking for permission.
Rosa hated how Disney treated him, but they owned those stories. While they were supreme dicks for not crediting him or working directly with him, Rosa did not "work on DuckTales" and did not "hate it". He hated Disney's treatment of his works in general.

Check your facts, scrub.
>>
>>94716707
>He wrote like, ONE fucking comic dude, and he had no strong feelings about it either way.
I recall he even remarked that he enjoyed writing for characters like Duckworth and Launchpad, who he didn't normally get to work with.
>>
>>94716297
It was stranger seeing non-anthro seagulls and a peacock in the same world as fully anthro ducks
>>
>>94716661
>I like the old show, the new show, and the current show
I meant "old show, new show and comics", derp.
>>
File: r.jpg (71KB, 785x586px) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
71KB, 785x586px
>>94716661
>He wasn't much of a hardass in the new show.
>>
>>94709633
Anon, there are people on this board who think even having children of your own makes you a cuck.
>>
>>94709120
>>94708952
Good enough?
>>
>>94710974
>Every single one of these points was addressed to much greater effect in the five-part pilot of the 1986 series. So I would disagree that its premature criticizing the plot for these issues.
The difference is that Ducktales was syndicated with a 50 episode first season, so it had more episodes to spend on a pilot. The new series has shorter seasons, so its pilot is shorter and more focused on giving a quick rundown of what the show's about so that it has more time for other things.
>>
>>94716044
Imagine what happens to people riding in those folder seats during an accident. So seatbelts, obviously.
>>
>>94716876
>nutted_but_she_still_sucking.gif
>>
>>94710369
>>94710468
>>94710446
Darkwing Duck had one of the most fantastic pilots in cartoon history AND it managed to establish the three most important characters just fine, while at the same time giving them an unforgettable villain and challenging crisis to deal with. Ducktales not being able to do the same is still a valid flaw.
>>
>>94716750
>>
>>94711315
Over at Warner Bros.
>>
>>94716876
>He REEEE'd when no one else would.
>>
>>94716974
Darkwing only had three characters to establish. Ducktales has a much larger cast.
>>
File: throw Scrooge off the cliff.gif (12KB, 609x407px) Image search: [Google]
throw Scrooge off the cliff.gif
12KB, 609x407px
>>
>>94707773
I'm sure that cranked this one out in a weekend between them doing the Disney Afternoon shows.
>>
>>94717330
Yeah, like Scrooge, Launchpad and...

Actually scratch that, people already knew who Scrooge was.
>>
>>94716215
Is this the guy who thinks bants between friends deserve stabbings?
>>
>>94717509
>not giving your mate a cheeky hankyshank when the bants-stakes get high
>>
File: donald and employees.jpg (223KB, 1600x869px) Image search: [Google]
donald and employees.jpg
223KB, 1600x869px
>>94709945
>>94709620
>>94709826
those mercenaries were just pissed that their own parents were never this supportive desu
>>
File: Donaldella3.png (363KB, 557x403px) Image search: [Google]
Donaldella3.png
363KB, 557x403px
>>
>>94710442

Will this guy return? Or has he gone to the afterlife for good? He does appear in the intro in that scene where all the villains are chasing scrooge and co.
>>
File: Sad Batman.jpg (26KB, 290x134px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Batman.jpg
26KB, 290x134px
>>94709594
Oh fuck I didn't realise the kid was the waterboy until now. That makes Donald's pride so much better.
>>
>>94710103
That'd be a better explanation than her being stuck in Space.
>>
>>94711124
>Making female characters not useless retards is bad somehow.

I thought everyone bitched about women being useless in cartoons and movies of the past.
>>
>>94709564
>especially the girls
what did you mean by this, it's literally just 3, and one is dead
>>
>>94718549
Good female characters are robbing men of their spotlight!
>>
File: evotp1omzbgz.jpg (89KB, 502x1106px) Image search: [Google]
evotp1omzbgz.jpg
89KB, 502x1106px
>>94706206
>>
>>94718615
What an obnoxious chode.
>>
>>94718615
Why's he doing this now? He did this shit with Butch Hartman not too long ago, just to keep himself relevant.
>>
>>94709650
>no gets into any real danger.
Like how they were trapped in a room filling with water?
>>
>>94718615
Wow Shadman that's such a new tweet you made, real original, wow, everyone's so shocked.
>>
>>94718679
>just to keep himself relevant.
I mean there's your answer. It's the same way people keep making threads about him, using his art to star threads, or continuing the >shadman meme, easy way to keep him relevant.
>>
>>94718764
What a fucking bummer. I'm tired of seeing this guy everywhere when there are way more competent artists who don't draw dicks on everything or primarily draw little girls, all with the same body types.
>>
File: scrooge2.png (637KB, 673x611px) Image search: [Google]
scrooge2.png
637KB, 673x611px
>>94718615
I never stopped to think about it, but it finally clicked. Shadman is an attention whore.

He does this every single time something like this happens. He also tries to be as controversial as possible to get more publicity.

Like really, it's quite ironic. A porn artist is a "whore".
>>
>>94718615
I just checked Shad's twitter and didn't find that tweet

I did find a tweet of that image and the thinking emoji
>>
>>94718615
https://twitter.com/Shadbase/status/897968319302475776
>>
>>94716876
fucking saved
>>
File: shad.jpg (44KB, 408x468px) Image search: [Google]
shad.jpg
44KB, 408x468px
>>94719043
>>
>>94709594
Best post in the thread so far.

The poor kids, being babied by Donald. Poor Donald, having panic attacks as they adventure. I love this.
>>
>>94718884
You've only now figured that out?

His art's not even good, he makes up for his lack of skill by being edgy. His porn's the fucking worst, too.
>>
>>94706206
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40
>>
>>94719206
Like I said, I never gave it any thought. Shadman is one of those strange Internet phenomenons that sort of just... exist. I never think about them for more than two seconds whenever they come up in a discussion.

He is actually such a textbook case of an attention whore that I'm surprised that I've never seen anyone call him that.
>>
>>94709826
Wait, what is this from? This is obviously a comic, but that looks like their Ducktales 2017 designs.

M O A R
>>
>>94719437
There's a Ducktales 2017 comic out now.
>>
So...the tv ratings?
>>
File: is-this-bait_o_5857879.jpg (86KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
is-this-bait_o_5857879.jpg
86KB, 625x626px
>>94711385
>>
>>94711301
>>94711374

Crew already confirmed he's from Africa, he's literally just trying to be more Scottish than Scrooge to piss him off.
>>
File: 1496387016841.jpg (148KB, 750x987px) Image search: [Google]
1496387016841.jpg
148KB, 750x987px
>>94715829
>Donald is her Sasuke
>>
File: brown is cheaper.png (2MB, 1892x900px) Image search: [Google]
brown is cheaper.png
2MB, 1892x900px
>>94711315
There are black ducks. They're even explicitly labeled by the white ducks as cheaper sources of labor.
>>
>>94719959
kek
>>
File: fe6.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fe6.gif
3MB, 640x360px
When is the next episode airing? I'm really looking forward to it.
>>
>Graham Mctavish is Fergus Mcduck.
All of my yes.
>>
>>94706443
>The logic and twists that came from Atlantis being upside down definitely threw me for a ride too. The twist with the jewel was fantastic
That whole part had me very confused. So they find the writing about the toppled temple in the toppled temple which means they kept making them even thought they would end up upside down? And the gem that was actually the treasure was also the power source but what was the red one for then? It couldn't have been a decoy because it's on the ceiling. And if the girl duck hit the real floor to make the trap activate wouldn't that mean she knew the blue one was real? It just seems like such a clusterfuck. I bet Dewey wouldn't even figure out this mess if it wasn't integral to the plot. They should've had Louie be there. (He is the smart one in the reboot right?)
>>
>>94719959
you look at this and tell me Glomgold isn't South African
>>
File: 1500432111656.jpg (42KB, 268x288px) Image search: [Google]
1500432111656.jpg
42KB, 268x288px
>>94706206
Finally got around catching the first episode can't recall the last time I really enjoyed a cartoon like this. Pity WB can't get their shit together with Looney Tunes
>>
>>94720387
>It couldn't have been a decoy because it's on the ceiling.

Ancient Atlantean Disco Light.

>>94717670
I hope we see more of the henchment.
>>
>>94719959
Glomgold Industries supporting apartheid had me laughing.

>>94720387
>which means they kept making them even thought they would end up upside down?

Yes, that's literally it. And the red gem is a decoy. Hence it being cursed.
>>
>>94720450
the wolf being so disappointed that employees aren't the greatest treasure of all was my fav bit for some reason
>>
File: 1487493648675.gif (209KB, 480x317px) Image search: [Google]
1487493648675.gif
209KB, 480x317px
>>94717670
You'll never have an uncle as cool as Donald
>>
>>94711301
Considering how much of an emphasis he makes on being Scottish, with his bagpipe girls and him yelling about kilts, it's clear they're still going with the South African fake Scot idea.
>>
>>94716533
They don't need permission. Rosa doesn't own anything, Disney does.
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.