[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well this comes out Friday. I can't say I've enjoyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

File: 149605.jpg (30KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
149605.jpg
30KB, 640x320px
Well this comes out Friday. I can't say I've enjoyed the ride to it. I completely skipped JJ and tried to watch it yesterday only to get extremely angry about depicting Kilgrave presumably torturing two children to death through starvation. Hurting children is extremely unnecessary as is a lot of the violence depicted in these shows. They leave me feel angry, pissed off, and depressed which is the exact opposite of what a super hero show should do. Surely I am not alone in feeling these shows are an insult to the genre? They literally run a character named hope through hell on earth and the have her commit suicide. If that that isnt the perfect snapshot of everything that wrong with this stuff, I dont know what is. What honest good do people see in the Netflix verse because all I see is depressing darkness.
>>
>Kilgrave presumably torturing two children to death through starvation.
No he fucking didn't you moron. He just told them to go in the closet and then presumably left those people after eating at their house. They would have snapped out of control after 16 hours, which is mentioned many times in the show.
>They leave me feel angry, pissed off, and depressed which is the exact opposite of what a super hero show should do. Surely I am not alone in feeling these shows are an insult to the genre? They literally run a character named hope through hell on earth and the have her commit suicide. If that that isnt the perfect snapshot of everything that wrong with this stuff, I dont know what is. What honest good do people see in the Netflix verse because all I see is depressing darkness.
That's the point, to show that even though all these horrible things are happening, people are still trying to do their best to make the world a better place. If anything it gives it an even stronger message. Also, it was rated fucking MA, what did you expect?
>>
>>94693684
I'm pretty sure its implied he remained at that penthouse, I'm pretty sure it was he first one JJ found him at. If I'm wrong I apologize at that.

DD and IF might have that need to preserve through the darkness but Luke and JJ just whine about how they arent a hero and how everything is awful in the world. JJ is truly a terrible human whose awful to towards anyone that shows a shred of care towards her. There is no joy in these shows. Sure you take out the bad in the end, but it feels like you had to burn everything to get there.
>>
>>94693684
>Also, it was rated fucking MA, what did you expect?

I dunno, Terminator 2 is rated R but might as well be a Disney movie compared to these shows.
>>
>>94693906
>I'm pretty sure its implied he remained at that penthouse,
No, the building he fought Jessica at was completely different.
>JJ is truly a terrible human whose awful to towards anyone that shows a shred of care towards her.
Did we see the same show? She's more tragic than a jerk. She acts all distant and stuff because she pretends to not care so she doesn't lose someone else. She could have killed Kilgrave many, many times but didn't because of hope. She's kind of a jerk sure, but she really tries.
>>
>She could have killed Kilgrave many, many times but didn't because of hope.

And yet this didnt matter. Because Hope dies anyway. In fact should wouldn't be dead if JJ had just killed Kilgrave. Probably in jail, but again, in a world that states the Avengers and alien invasions exist, its increasingly hard to believe that everyone would be so ignorantly skeptical that a bunch of people saying they were mind controlled might be telling the truth.
>>
>m-muh lightheartedness
Is that you, squirrelfag?
If yes, please go ahead and kill yourself.
>>
>>94694408
>Because Hope dies anyway
But Jessica tried to save her and it blew up in her face. She's had kind of a shitty life, don't you see how someone like that might use negativity to deflect from caring about something? She's a hero, a flawed one, but definitely a hero.
>>
>>94694435
No, I find Squirrel girl to be a problem on the other end of the spectrum. If you want to know what I think is the ideal tone of a super hero comic, it's the current Superman run.
>>
>>94693616
>skipping the second best show
>doing so because it got a bit dark
>when the point is that even when things are dark there is still some one there ready to fight

That said JJ was the last good marvel Netflix show and defenders will probably be not good
>>
>>94694450
Sure I guess she's a hero, but her swearing at you about how much she isn't gets old real fast. And it's terribly unsatisfying storytelling that the character she was trying to protect, that the plot is so wrapped around dies anyway. Again, the show is in my opinion literally and figuratively killing the idea of hope in superheroes. And that is disgusting to me.
>>
>>94694475
>only the tone I like is good, wahh
Fuck off you fucking retard. I really hope you're a shitty troll because otherwise hurt my already almost non-existant faith in humanity would get a blow.
Oh, and for the record: I think Jessica Jones is a shitty show and Kilgrave is a shallow, uninteresting villain. I just hate retards like you who may as well be soccer moms.
>>
DDs1>DDs2>JJ>>>>>>LC>>>>>IF

Luke Cage survived due to its supporting cast. The character himself is so lifeless compared to his comic counterpart. Iron Fist was laughably bad with terrible fights.
>>
>>94694604
DDs1 > LC with Cottonmouth > shit > everything else.
>>
>>94693616
Please, people like you are the cause we can't have good things.

Stop watching everything OP.

Please.
>>
>>94694493
The only thing that remotely resembled a superhero show to me was about the first half of DD2, everything after the trial with Punisher is crap though, the resolution to that was 'wow, its fucking nothing" DD1 was okay, but really only cause that actor is a great Matt. I couldnt stand autistic angry man Fisk. I'd much rather have seen Stilt Man on those cameo legs. Luke Cage was boring, and IF well, everyone knows why IF sucked outside of the Drunken Master.
>>
Jessica Jones wasn't nearly dark enough. Why do people keep saying like it was something nightmarish?
>b-but my dark themes like rape and drugs every police procedural has
If that's how it worked, SVU would be a much darker show than Twin Peaks.
>>
>>94693616
This "dark" stuff is getting pretty tiresome. You have these shows that seem to be ashamed of their source material except when it's already dark to begin with (Punisher ie) and trying to tackle real life issues while having a kid in spandex and with spider powers fighting costumed villains just 50 kilometers from there. Not to mention it's inconsistent; someone like Kingpin should already be dead at this point if they treated him like the rest of the villains of the shows, but it's pretty clear his plot armor is too strong.
>>
>>94694552
Wow, this is a genuinely well though out attack on my point of view. I applaud you for citing viable reasons you feel this tone is appropriate for the superhero genre.
>>
The major problem I found with those shows, excluding DD is that 13 episode are to many.

I would have liked Luke cage a lot more with an 8 episode format.

Same for Iron fist, you see this problem when one entire episode of a super hero show take place in a fucking mental hospital. The fight were one of the deluding point of IF too.
>>
>>94694672
>I couldnt stand autistic angry man Fisk
Holy shit taste
>>
>>94694721
I'm sorry, retard. Your self-entitled and childish "arguments" deserve nothing but mockery instead of serious consideration.
>>
>>94694552
>my already almost non-existant faith in humanity

Well that explains your volatile tirade.
>>
Reminder to report shit threads.
>>
>>94694779
Too bad nothing explains your narcissism and idiocy, OP.
>>
>>94694831
I don't think you're angry enough dude, you have to yell louder, maybe swear more. Have you tried caplocks? Thats a good trick.
>>
>>94694870
I don't think your garbage shitposts are idiotic and substanceless enough. Try to cry more because something dark happened in a show and be entitled enough to think that everything to be like your shitty Superman run whether it makes sense for it or not.
>>
>>94694714
Tiresome is a perfect description. It's, mentally exhausting to endure these shows. I feel like some of the showrunners have outright stated they think superheroes are stupid, what purposes do people like that have being placed anywhere near the genre? It's very clear they want to work in the grimmest realities of the real world only.
>>
>>94694930
You think the current Superman run is shitty? I cant say I'm surprised. What exactly is the tone of an ideal Superman run to you?
>>
>>94695023
My ideal run is where you shut the fuck up and don't bug people by pretending that your shitty opinions are objective.
>>
>>94695084
You have a lot of anger anon. Who hurt you? Where you abused as a child? Or do you just have really bad butt sores from yelling at opinions you dont like on the internet.
>>
>>94695084
>you shut the fuck up and don't bug people by pretending that your shitty opinions are objective.

Right back at you bro :)
>>
>>94695145
>2+2=7
>no, it's not you retard
>wahh, it's just an opinion. Why are you mad?
Please just admit that you're a shitty troll.
>>94695183
>NO U
You are definition of pathetic. I hope you're sterile.
>>
>>94695228
My opinion is assuredly not a troll but genuinely what I believe. If you actually read my opening post, I asked people of the other beliefs to explain what they see as good, what they enjoy from this sort of tone. What you have been doing is attacking me in the most stereotypical manner possible. You sir are being the very definition of a troll.
>>
>>94695334
>more of NO U
Have you ever considered that I'm attacking you because you're a complete and utter idiot and calling you out on it is not trolling but genuine honesty? Don't like it? Fuck off to tumblr where you seem to belong.
Don't even fucking play coy. What you did in your shitpost is getting offended for retarded reasons and telling people that only your idea of what superhero shit tone should be is right, so please fuck off already.
I always knew that only stupid people could enjoy Tomasi's dreadful writing.
>>
>>94695528
No, I dont like Tumblr's opinions very much. Watching you get this mad was entertaining for a time, but I think I have better things to do. Obviously we arent going to change each others opinions, but I think I upset you much more then you did me. It's nice to know I made you lose a little more faith in humanity.

If anyone wants to have an intelligent discussion on this topic I'm still very interested.
>>
>>94695625
>e-entertaining
Ahh, the favourite tactic of idiots who are trying to save face. Just because someone yells at you for shitting your pants doesn't mean you're winning some argument. It's just yelling at a retard is much easier.
>I upset you much more then you did me
Frustratingly stupid people tend to do that, yes. Congratulations on proving how much of an idiot you are.
>It's nice to know I made you lose a little more faith in humanity.
See the previous point. In a better world there could've been an actually worthwhile thread on this board, but instead we got your abortion.
To have an intelligent discussion you have to be able to say anything intelligent in the first place.
>>
File: 1502745358814.jpg (4KB, 101x28px) Image search: [Google]
1502745358814.jpg
4KB, 101x28px
>watching the Netflixverse
>liking the Netflixverse
>>
Marvel Netflix is needlessly edgy.

I still remember Daredevil describing how he couldn't sleep because every night he could hear a father molesting his own daughter down the street. That shit is straight out of some edgy 80s comic.
>>
>>94693684
>people are still trying to do their best to make the world a better place
When did this happen?
>>
>>94695828
Lmao, Jessica Jones most certainly is not.
>>
>>94694296
>She could have killed Kilgrave many, many times but didn't because of hope.
It says a lot that she snapped Kilgrave's neck after Hope was dead. Some hero.
>She's kind of a jerk sure, but she really tries.
No she doesn't. If she did, she would have stopped Kilgrave when she had the chance.
>>
File: 1492727771180.png (78KB, 416x163px) Image search: [Google]
1492727771180.png
78KB, 416x163px
>>94695812
>watching capeshit
>reading capeshit
>liking capeshit
>>
>>94695888
She would've done it if she wasn't surrounded by literal idiots like that lawyer bitch.
>>
>>94695902
>watching SJ
>liking SJ
>>
>>94695966
Still better than capeshit.
>>
>>94695824
>That shit is straight out of Miller's DD
And this is bad because...
>>
>>94694408
That's literally the point of the story. Fuck, Kilgrave points it out to the goddamn audience in the scene where Hope an heros.
>>
>>94695777
You are mad. :)
>>
>>94695974
Yeah, those meltdowns the jackfags had were a good laugh.
>>
>>94695902
>>94695966
>>94695974

>watching cartoons

Shut up, you fucking nerds.
>>
>tfw no stilt-man
>>
>>94694408
>hard to believe that everyone would be so ignorantly skeptical that a bunch of people saying they were mind controlled might be telling the truth
Because that's not what a liar or a delusional person would say in a world where superpowers exist.
Because that's the first time in history of humankind large groups of people believed in stupid and irrational shit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria
>>
>>94696008
You are retarded :)
>>
>>94696040
>tfw finally appears but Punisher kills him
>>
Dd1>luke>jj>dd2>ironfist
>>
>>94694546
And frankly no one gives a shit what is disgusting to you, nor about the non-existent subtext you keep saying.
>>
>>94696306
And yet you've been posting like crazy.
>>
I tried to watch JJ in anticipation for this, I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes of the first episode. The actress is so wooden and just ban and the writing is offensively generic and pseudo edgy. I can't fucking take it. How did people praise this but shat on IF? IF had its problems but it was a masterpiece compared to this crap.

How's LC and when's Frank?
>>
>>94696402
>t-they're beating me, it means they care
lel. OP, just stop. You keep embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>94696422
>I tried to watch JJ in anticipation for this, I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes of the first episode. The actress is so wooden and just ban and the writing is offensively generic and pseudo edgy.

The first episode is bad but it gets a lot better.
>>
>>94696501
The first episode is the only good one. It's the only episode where Kilgrave is even somewhat menacing.
>>
>>94696479
See? There you go again.
>>
>>94696542
Him being menacing in the traditional sense wasn't the point. That's what Kingpin was.
>>
>>94696617
No. Kingpin was a sympathetic and deluded man. He was never menacing in any way and that wasn't the point.
Kilgrave was just pathetic no matter how hard the show tried to make him creepy.
>>
>>94696569
>Ah, he's giving me (You)'s
Take all of them, slut.
>>
>>94696686
Thank you, triggered emo anon.
>>
>>94696749
You can just ask, offended soccer mom~
>>
DDs2 Punisher arc > DDs1 > JJ = Luke Cage Cottonmouth arc > Iron Fist > DDs2 Electra arc = Luke Cage Diamondback arc
>>
>>94694546
>the show is in my opinion literally and figuratively killing the idea of hope in superheroes

I think you've greatly overesimated the significance of the show
>>
>>94695824
It's straight out of the 80s TV show The Equalizer as well.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.