[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did this episode rekindle your faith in the series? because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 18

File: vindicatan.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vindicatan.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
So did this episode rekindle your faith in the series? because it sure did for me.
>>
>>94691990
...Why?
The vindicators were inconsistent and just became whatever was needed to prove Rick right.
>>
>>94691990
No, it snuffed it out.
>>
I never cared in the first place.
>>
>>94691990
It was enjoyable, and by that I mean the bare bottom of enjoyable, just enough to warrant a second watching while I did some dishes. Also, notice something.
>All female writers now.
>Female is a leader.
>She gets away with no ramifications.
All the men killed, the woman lives, should have ended with her getting killed somehow.
>>
>>94692586
Not really. From the start, Rick said that they were a bunch of hacks. They just covered it up as the situation got worse.
>>94692746
What am I noticing? Didn't Tammy get away with killing Bird Person last season? Didn't Evil Morty get away in the season before that? Supernova wasn't even the leader - it was Vance.
>>
>>94692746
/r9k/ please go
>>
>create original, somewhat interesting team of superheroes
>Use them for the standard 'super heroes aren't as super or heroic as you thought' trope

I mean I get what they were going for but I'd almost rather they just created some parody characters of popular heroes if they're just going to kill everyone off.
Like, Rick was making fun of Ghost Train for using a train to do everything but I would unironically like to see him do that. I'm almost positive there are no 'train' super heroes and they managed to make a kind of cool original character just to be used as a pretty unoriginal plot device. But maybe I'm just being a cape fag.
>>
I kind of wished they didn't subvert the thing with the rocket, and noop noop. Made it actually about Morty.
>>
>>94692746
I would say that her being a bitch and being the only super hero of this team to survive actually leaves her as a very interesting villain for later on, but this series already has like 20 loose threads they still need to tie up and it would almost be an insult if they made her the character that came back.
>>
>>94691990
All I know is that we should set fire to that ant thing.
>>
>>94692830
its pretty much The Impossibles with Venture Bros. Cept that was actually good at running the bit.

Because its better writing.
>>
>>94691990
I wasn't bothered by episodes 2 and 3, but this was pretty poor.
>>
>>94692906
Was it a girl or a guy?
>>
>>94692891
That would mean those that wrote it working with other women that wrote other episodes and sharing credit.

Not gonna happen with how they got hired and their ambitions.
>>
>>94691990
I laughed a lot with this episode, so yeah
>>
>>94692911
I mean the Impossibles were a great critique on the FF and even better, they eventually stopped being parodies and became real fleshed out characters. This episode just seemed like half the writing team wanted to make a 'super heroes suck' episode and the other half of the team were actually psyched about creating a fun team of original super heroes.
Vance was the closest thing to a parody, like some kind of cross between Iron Man and Starlord but they only really used him for some shock humor that felt like a Family Guy gag.
>>
>>94692966
OK, you're now attributing general asshole behavior, that is found in all humans, to genitalia. I feel the need to point this out to you because I find the idea of you using this as an excuse to not talk to women really sad.
>>
>>94693028
Lot could have been done with them not being the focus. Have them be successful heroes showing up Rick and then leaving and then later on in another episode have them drop the bomb they are kinda shit.

But then have some kinda thing where Rick has to force them back together since they are a symbol or something and while that doesn't mean anything to him he gets its important.
>>
>>94692786
>Not really. From the start, Rick said that they were a bunch of hacks. They just covered it up as the situation got worse.
Crocobot?
>>
Am I the only one who hates Morty now? I liked the old Morty who barely knew anything and was just like "Oh jeez Rick" and was constantly terrified. He was a funny representation of how the normal person would be in that situation.
>>
>>94691990
No, it was a boring predictable episode with boring predictable results.

Know what would have been unique and interesting? The Heroes WERE Heroes and they made Rick obsolete and shown for what he actually is.
>>
>>94693107
Either of these scenarios would have been good. Hell, I would have been fine if Morty was actually able to witness Rick being nice to him for once at least then it would of felt like something of consequence happened in the episode. The 'Rick is fucked up and really smart' thing has been established every fucking episode so I was hoping they would go somewhere new with it this time.

I'll admit I do really like the idea that Morty has had to get really adept at dealing with drunk RIck death traps.
>>
>>94693178
His character is getting more fleshed out, he's going from being a blank slate we can kind of plug ourselves into and changing into someone who has a unique opinion as to what's going on.
I don't always like who he's becoming but I'd much rather he stay dynamic rather than just be the same freaked out kid from episode one.
>>
File: 1502732004242.png (616KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502732004242.png
616KB, 1280x720px
I enjoyed that Rick revealed how truly ugly they all were and in doing so, allowed them to just kill each other like a kill jar.
And why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact Nova wanted to kill Morty for no reason other them him being with Rick?
>>
the girl looks like a deviantart OC and that put me off
>>
>>94693340
I remember the pasta about Sherlock that talks about Stupid people thinking Smart people are wizards and that's how they write them.

That's how I feel about Rick now. I feel like the new writers seem to think because Rick is super smart, he needs to be RIGHT all the time, and the only place he's wrong is his -Feelings-

It's very bad writing.
>>
For the people who liked this shitty episode, please name some jokes, because i didn't laugh at anything
>>
>>94693527
I didn't like the episode. But the only parts that made me chuckle were the "Morty Adventures" card and the train ride being dedicated to Noop Noop and nota Morty. That's it
>>
>>94692786
>Not really. From the start, Rick said that they were a bunch of hacks. They just covered it up as the situation got worse.
Remember how ant man killed that guy?
Then turned around to try and stop the chick from killing Rick and Morty?
>>
>>94692746
Rick gets away with just about everything he does as well though
>>
>>94691990
I liked the israel joke. Some of the other humour was very S1 like too. However, it follows the S3 trend of almost straight up parody which S1 tried to avoid. Even their nightmare on elms st. was spliced with inception making for a funny blend of the concepts. This premise was very bland.
C+/B- needs work but I can see you're improving
>>
the super soldier died because he was really a coward

ghost train and million ants died because of woman drama.

crocobot literally did nothing wrong. dies anyways because rick's trap had a right answer that the Vindicators could never guess right. since the trap was set on the assumption that rick and morty wouldn't be there.
>>
>>94691990
it make it clear the show is fucking dead to me
>boring episode
>bad jokes
>le evil drunk rick!!
>muh feels moment
>RANDUM ending
the new writers finished the job and killed all the excitement i had for the new season.
If the second half of s2 was bad for me , this was much worse.
Still i have little hope for the Jerry episode but i don't expect anything decent or even good.
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-16_21-16-45.png (433KB, 1411x610px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-16_21-16-45.png
433KB, 1411x610px
Just..
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-13_01-07-31.png (520KB, 1146x624px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-13_01-07-31.png
520KB, 1146x624px
>>94693760
wtf...
>>
This was one of the worst episodes. Not even the creators like it. Pickle Rick was much better. 9/10 episode
>>
>>94693178
Blame Rick for making Morty into a fatalistic wreck. Yet he stills TRIES to keep his inner child alive (unlike Rick)
>>
>>94693527
I liked Morty being really good at defusing bombs.
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-13_01-04-51.png (86KB, 1059x224px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-13_01-04-51.png
86KB, 1059x224px
>>94693780
is wrong with people....
>>
>>94693893
>111 bids
what's stopping you from bottling bbq sauce and selling it with a fake label?
>>
>>94693927
Gotta make the case as well
>>
>>94693760
>>94693780
>>94693893
I wish I could scam people this hard
>>
>>94693132

Crocobot didnt deserve to die. His only mistake was actually expecting Rick's question to be about them and their failings. He never turns on the others, breaks under pressure, or shows himself to be a shitty person.
>>
>>94693760
>>94693780
>>94693893
You already did this in another thread in the exact same way. Also, why did you an extra period every post? Is this some sort of code?
>>
File: 1499323249173.gif (1MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1499323249173.gif
1MB, 260x195px
>>94693760
>>94693780
>>94693893
Can't wait for McDonalds to bring back that sauce, labeling those shits completely worthless.
>>
>>94691990
The lack of a B-plot made the pacing weird almost like all the jokes were written by one person convincing others they were funny.
overall it was stand in one place and talk the episode
I'd love to hear the commentary track when the season blu-ray gets released tho
>>
>>94694011
They will probably bring It back with the Mulan live action movie
>>
>>94693641
Ant guy and ghost train man were locked in a room and secretly hated each other. He didn't know Rick and Morty that well and thought they were leaving the "saw" game. It makes sense that his aggression wasn't there any more
>>
>>94694109
>Mulan live action movie
I'll buy a few bottles then, just in case, if this kind of autism will happen again
>>
>>94693760
I could totally believe this is real but it wouldn't taste the same after all this time right?
>>
>>94693459
This post speaks the truth, baby.
>>
>>94693104
>I find the idea of you using this as an excuse to not talk to women really sad.

Let's be honest, you don't. Whenever people on this site say they find something "sad", they're just trying to take the moral high ground, which shouldn't even be a thing because we're all anonymous here. So regardless of how bitter and pathetic that other guy came across as, please, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>94693459
Pickle Rick was the exact opposite though. The whole episode was about how he was wrong to run from his feelings.
>>
>>94694434
>The only place he's wrong is his -feelings-

Read my post again bro.
>>
>>94694497
I know what you meant and it wasn't what I said. Rick's intelligence is the reason for his faults.
>>
>>94693927
Yeah, just call it "Mulan Szechuan Sauce Bottle - Barbecue Sauce" it's not false advertising and a lot of people will but that shit.
>>
>>94694807
Buy* even.
>>
>>94694011
Hell you can probably get it now. Just mix their BBQ sauce with their sweet and sour sauce. Because odds are, that's probably how they made it to save money.
>>
>>94691990
R&M is poopoo doody.

TTG is literally the only good show on tv right now.
>>
>>94694891
>>
>>94691990
I never lost it, but I'm sorry you're so fragile that a couple of episodes that you deem "bad" happening in a row are enough to make you question the entire cartoon
>>
>>94691990
What sorta rekindle my faith was the next episode promo.
>>
>>94692746
I'm okay with her living as long as they bring her back as a villain later.

But I thought that it was male writers who avoided killing women because they feel protective of them.
>>
>>94693849
Too many Rick!
>>
>>94695151
This
Removing Jerry was a really bad move
>>
>>94691990
never lost faith. Its no wonder this season is the highest watched yet with all the better writers
>>
>>94695302
Well, it's the most watched because of all the hype the season 2 finale left, added to the fact that the show's more popular than ever. This does not represent the quality of season 3, rather, its predecessors.
>>
>>94693459
It manifests him as a mary sue too. Who the hell cares anymore? Rick will instantly defeat any obstacle before him in some ass pull way. Its boring and predictable.
>>
>>94695277
>removing the guy threatening to tear the family apart
>bad move
Jerry has nothing to offer the family.
>>
>>94695337
it does when you get several episodes in and people are still coming back for more. Its TV so numbers = quality
>>
>>94695387
I personally didn't like the season 3 starters as any of the previous ones, but I still enjoy the show so I keep coming back. I'm curious as to where they'll go next.
>>
>>94695350
He was the punching bag for Beth. She could take out everything on him and actually be a decent mother for Morty and Summer. Without Jerry, Beth is now spewing venom at her kids and making their lives (and hers) worse.
>>
>>94695350
Being a pathetic comic relief character
Besides his B-plots were always the most interesting
Yes, he is completely useless and a fucking loser (looooseeeer) but this is supposed to be a fucking comedy not Rick-kills-a-bunch-of-things the musical
>>
>>94693178
That was Morty of season 1, when he was still bright eyed about the adventures that Rick would take him to. This is jaded Morty, who still clings to the adventures with the hope that something good will come of them only to be let down in some way every time.
>>
>>94695424
>>94695454
theyve shown in the daycare that beth can be happy without him with that one jewish guy
>>
any fanart?
>>
>>94695522
She can? Yes
Should she be? No. That's not as funny.
>>
>>94691990
TFW The Vindicators get superheroes right.

They all fuck each other and then back stab each other.

Are the Vindicators a satire of X-Men? Because I was getting all sorts of X-Men vibes from them.
>>
>>94691990
There's no weight to it. Nobody cared that they died, not even they themselves. Fuck, even Morty doesn't care and he is supposed to.

The episode would've been better without Vindicators when you think about it. Fuck, here's my pitch. Morty and random human beings in Cube. They all think Morty is some kind of super-retard that can solve the Cube.
>>
Did they actually make the woman the leader? Is that the only reason she's the single woman? Haven't seen it yet
>>
The last ep was no better or no worse than any other episode of Rick and Morty. It's always been a 6/10 show and that was a 6/10 episode. It's a dumb, fun show.

>>94695682
No, the dude with red hair is the leader, but he dies first and she takes over from there, basically.
>>
>>94694850
Hey, I watched that Binging with Babish video too.
>>
>>94691990
It wasn't outstanding, but it was fun. Nice silliness and gore juxtaposition. Not a lot of strong jokes, but still consistently entertaining. Weak on the story, obviously. Plus I'm on the fence about Supernova being hot, it's hard to find character attractive with this art style, but she came close in a few shots where her ass was rounder or breasts better animated.

So overall a 7/10 maybe?
>>
>>94695573
I'm pretty sure they were supposed to be a parody of the Avengers and Justice League as a group although the tone and setting is Guardians of the Galaxy, but individual characters are parodies of different supers from all over.
>>
File: laughing_at_you.gif (975KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_at_you.gif
975KB, 245x150px
>>94695639
Their superheroes, they'll be resurrected by the next episode. Death in superhero comics has no gravitas or emotional weight.

For superheroes, death is like going to the Betty Ford Clinic for six months.
>>
>>94695891
everyone gets to roast me for using the wrong "they're."

Seriously, their instead of they're.

I'm going to go kill myself now for my idiocy.
>>
>>94691990
>>94692586
>>94692786
Crocobot and Million Dykes did nothing wrong.
>>
>>94695650
Seeing Zim and Rick play off each other might be interesting.
>>
>>94691990
The whole schtick that the sidekick knows what the main character would have planned while everybody else is wrong is a bit hackneyed, the way the "heroes" turned on each other was lazily handled, and the conclusion wasn't really that surprising of a twist either.

I still enjoyed the show, so whatever.
>>
>>94695913
Wow get the fuck over it shitstain. Literally no one cares and neither should you.
>>
>>94695891
>They're superheroes, they'll be resurrected by the next episode
That...
That would actually have been kind of amusing
>>
File: typical sherlock.png (257KB, 915x933px) Image search: [Google]
typical sherlock.png
257KB, 915x933px
>>94693459
That was from Hbomberguy's video criticising Sherlock.

Also this
>>
Episode where superheroes are all actually shitty people who do more harm than good, an are killed in over the top gory deaths. And guy on top is cynical asshole who reveals the heroes for what they are.

Was this ghost written by Garth Ennis?
>>
>>94692848
Biggest ball drop of the entire episode
>>
>>94695573
I'm sure you have plenty of real life experience with superheros to be the judge on that.
>>
>magic woman boss lives
>everyone else dies
Can't wait for her return.
>>
>>94693459
I feel like the writers think Rick is a sarcastic asshole 24/7 who has to constantly gives his input on why everything is stupid. The briefing scene with the vindicators is a good example. Rick is constantly being a snobby dickhead in a way that breaks the flow of the episode and it takes the fun out of it. That's the problem with the new writers, they don't know how to write a character like Rick
>>
>>94696682
That's because they're fans that write him as they see him
>>
>>94696711
I was kinda thinking that too; in the sense that the writers use Rick as a self insert to express their own snobby ideas but it just ends up killing Rick's character because they can't separate themselves from Rick.
>>
>>94692891
i thought the same thing about evil morty and nothing came out of that
>>
>>94692586
Was Rick right though?
The episode was basically about "Why the Marvel Movies are shit, but why pointing out why they're shit to people who enjoy them just to feel superior is even shittier"

Rick was in the wrong strictly because of how he was trying to prove himself right.
>>
>>94693660
Just because you're an asshole, you don't get automatically punished by the universe.

Rick did something wrong, Supernova did something wrong. They both got away with it and ruined the people around them.
>>
>>94692848
Eh. I dunno, I think its telling that Drunk Rick doesn't care about morty, but sober Rick does. Like to the point where he pretty much said as much, and well ... didn't even remember noobnoob at the end.
>>
Is this still the Rick and Summer show now?
>>
>>94691990
It as the last straw that made me fucking drop it
>>
Do I have to wait the whole season out for Morty to kill Rick?
I just want to get it over with.
>>
>>94693340
So a plot weve seen a million times before
>>
>>94696006
That's just true to the source material. Hell, besides weird British racism, the two original archetypal detectives are joined at the hip via their ability to solve mysteries through magic.
>>
>>94693340
Can't leave witnesses around, and what's one kid's life after you've just put the death sentence on a million ants?
>>
>>94693340
>And why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact Nova wanted to kill Morty for no reason other them him being with Rick?
That, and she needed to kill him now that Morty knows about the genocide on whatever planet.
>>
>>94693808
>Not even the creators like it
Proof?
>>
>>94691990
S3E1>S3E4>S3E3>S3E2
>>
>>94692746
Would you really have wanted to watch them chase after her, being all just and moralistic, instead of seeing an absurd party ending?
>>
basing them off MCU proves the writer's are normalfag fake nerds
>>
>>94697563
alternate way to end it:
>Gee rick I mean she was kind of a huge jerk to everyone, why is she getting away?
>Don't woOOOOrry about it, Morty.
>[offscreen sounds of death and dismemberment and galactic screaming, mixed with the party noises]
>>
>>94693340
They all seemed pretty cool with laying the blame on Rick and Morty when they're told the trap was made by Rick.
>>
>>94696006
>Hbomber
That vid was goid but hes a smug cunt and I cant stand his other videos
>>
>>94695639
I just realized this would have been 10 times better if the whole episode was a The Circle parody.
>>
>>94697676
I liked his Fallout 3 video and his Killing Joke video as well.
And to be honest, at this point you can't be an e-celeb without being a smug cunt. I only judge by whether they can deliver or not.
>>
>>94694362
Legitimately felt the need to point it out to them because I was actually depressed by the idea of someone spending their life using shitty human behavior as an excuse for their sexism. It was like watching a lifelong cycle of distrust play out in a single comment and I was sincerely saddened by it. I know judging anons on here is douchey behavior, maybe there was a better way to handle it and I might be an asshole for morally drawing the line there but I really didn't feel like just letting that one go.
>>
>>94691990
Eh this show is starting to get stale.

I can trace my issues with it to the Israel joke. It's just so fucking jarring in comparison to how little of a shit he gave about killing several people.

I mean you could attribute that to his warped sense of morality but then you have all the characters playing along with the logic and him suddenly caring about what the characters he has only disrespect for think.

It's all done in the service of a joke. And the joke is kind of meh because it doesn't make sense.

It rings of a show that started with strong ideas and is now wilting.

I mean the whole premise of the episode was to mock superheroes.
>>
>>94692746
Also notice that she seemed to be the worst of them, Ants had no intention of killing her and she ecen stated she knew this
>>
I just noticed in the background of Drunk Rick's videos that you can see the cardboard that he used for the props in his little rocket ride.

I love little details like that.
>>
>>94698286
Oh hey the bomb is back there too.
>>
>>94698353
Oh shit, it is. Neat.
>>
>>94692746
>Rick kills more people in the same episode
>WAAAAH WOMEN GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING
>>
>>94698017
>>94698017
Right, the Israel joke was a sore spot. Not because it was unfunny, but it doesn't fit that Rick,
>the mass-genocider
>space-drug maker and consumer
>dimension-traveller
>arms dealer
>alternate version slayer
>"I create a race to run my car battery"
>oh Vampires exist

Rick would give a single shit about that. That was just weaksauce.

That and just Starbitch killing off Million ants for no apparent reason, but that is really just a sidenote.
>>
The super heroes where pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Train guy had a pretty cool power, the ant dude was dope as well, same with cosmic bitch
>>
File: staringatyou.png (119KB, 635x493px) Image search: [Google]
staringatyou.png
119KB, 635x493px
>Le good characters are actually bad!!!

Maybe could have worked if Rick didn't give away the entire plot from the beginning. Would have preferred them being actually good
>>
>>94698390
I think what's bothering him is that she murdered her boyfriend
>>
>>94698427
The joke is about people who rant about racist stuff when drunk and have no memory of it when sober

>>94698782
>Le good characters are "for the greater good" style good instead of "save everybody" unrealistic kind of good
>>
>>94693028
I did like them playing the contrast of how Iron Man style "cool" alchoholism is glamorized but Rik showcases its really fucked up and disasterous.
>>
>>94693974
I did lime how half assed the deathtraps were. After the first one he nust goes off the rails with the "lesson on how you suck" and just rants about Israel and asks them to shoot baskets.

The team actually destroyed themselves more than anything , which is ironically very saw like.
>>
File: first race war huh.jpg (13KB, 325x183px) Image search: [Google]
first race war huh.jpg
13KB, 325x183px
>>94693849

Morty's savyness in general can be pretty funny. Just the idea that he's been through this so much now that he's become an expert on dealing with Rick.
>>
>>94698353
The turrets, too.
>>
test
>>
It was great but like the second episode, the first half had some dialogue that fucking dragged and the chick turning into a villain at the end felt like an unnecessarily a half-assed plot point at an attempt to prove Rick to be 100% right when just about everything else that happened was itself enough to get the point across.
>>
>>94698844
I guess I don't drink enough to get the joke.
But Rick being worried over being precieved as antisemitic? Come on

>>94698934
>>94693849
That was fucking great.
>>
meh, rick is a creator insert and the random scifi contrivances are made up on the spot to show how "cool" he is for being heartless

plus the lowbrow farting and violence, I'm always surprised when people praise this show for being "clever"
>>
>>94698934
>Rick is a bad influence on the hivemind
>beta "nice guy" gets the girl

That was a good episode, but if it was released this season under a female writer's name, nu-/co/ would bitch about it non-stop.
>>
>>94699044
>beta numale
It was heavily implied he was a rebound, that shit isnt going to last.
>>
>>94695935
This. Crocobot and MANts seemed like genuinely good/dedicated superheroes. Well at least ants was, croc didn't do much before he died.
>>
>>94698390
It's just different now because we know there are feminists writing it and were hired because they were women, rather than 2 guys writing a guy being a dumbass shithead. Women write women getting away with stuff because (reasons) more than a guy would with a guy because that's never a focus. You never have guy characters getting away with shit because they're guys or because dumb shit, it's just straightforward without the need of gender being involved.

I'm not saying that's what happened here but it's common with women so the idea isn't outlandish, but it's also not guaranteed. Someone guessing it happened could be right more than not.
>>
>>94691990
It was predictable and too fast paced to truly enjoy any scene.
It was ok, but not to rekindle anyone's fate in the series if they really lost it.
>>
>>94699019
>But Rick being worried over being precieved as antisemitic?
I thought it was because he knows he's was on American TV and he's kind of lampshading how topics like antisemitism can't get a pass no matter when, where, or what you are. Not even in fiction. He worries about pointless shit like that all the time for the sake of gags that have no value to any of the characters in the show.

>puts on antennae to appear "alien" to the civ in his car battery
>somehow worried about them finding out he's not an alien while he clearly is to them anyway (but not to the audience)

>shouts wubalubadubdub
>comments that it's his catch-phrase
>>
>>94695682
And what if they did? Is that a dealbreaker for you?
>>
>>94692830
The main reason why I liked this episode was probably the short teaser they made to introduce Worldender. They made it look like he's the most evil villain ever, then he just died offscreen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3xxurI3Z-Y
>>
>>94699225

The show would be significantly better if they lost all that fourth wall breaking shit though.
>>
>>94695540
Man, now I kinda want them to be a serious thing.
>>
>>94699471
And that's good?
>>
>>94699542
Yes, actually.
>>
>>94691990
not really, had an interesting premise, was nice to see Rick as the villain, then it fell apart when crocubot died.
>Million ants died for no reason
>Cliche tension within the group
>hahaaaa noobnoob
>logic (its not i dislike him but if you're gonna get 'talent' on a show dont fucking waste it)
>>
>>94699542

That's a pretty funny way of messing with your audience.
>>
>>94699386
I was just fucking asking, quit being testy
>>
>>94699615
It was clear they weren't into the interview so it wasn't going to be a big thing
>>
>>94696904
"When you're an asshole, no one cares how right you are because no one wants to give you the satisfaction"

I think that is a very reasonable interpretation.
>>
>>94695935
>>94699117
Did you miss the part where they admit to genociding a planet to catch a villain?
>>
>>94697605
What if the scene after the credits was Noob Noob getting revenge on her for how they treated him?
>>
>>94697605
>mixed with the party noises
Way to make the joke obnoxious
>>
File: 1494097329895.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494097329895.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
>>94691990
>tons of political jokes for no reason
>tons of heavyhanded speeches in order to force another character dimension out of left field
>some literally who at the end
>asshole bitch gets away with trying to kill rick and morty and also killing two of her teammates because she's a bitch

These new writers are fucking dogshit.
>>
>>94700405
oh here we go again, manbaby uses double standards to blame random women HE DOESN'T FUCKING KNOW for writing something that the 2 MEN THAT MADE THE SHOW have been writing their MAIN CHARACTER doing since the fucking beginning. God this fucking site can't keep its head on its shoulders.
>>
File: Supernova.webm (954KB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Supernova.webm
954KB, 960x1080px
The reason she got away was because she's hot. And I'm OK with that, hot villainous bitches need to get away with things so we can see them again.

Especially since it's a rarity that I actually find someone attractive in this fucking art-style.
>>
>>94699911
Yeah, it's fucked up, but who knows how bad the situation really was to warrant that. All we have is a couple of panicked lines about what they COULD'VE done, but nobody knows what really went down.
>>
>>94700524
Well, we do know that despite an entire planet's population being on the line, they'd rather not deal with Rick than call him and risk looking like idiots if he has better ideas.
>>
>>94695540
Kinda annoys me her tits aren't bigger
>>
>>94700509
Yeah that's cool and all but you don't have to make every bitch in the show an insufferable one. Even if it's pretty realistic that's just horse shit writing.
>>
>>94699867
Who's being testy?
>>
>>94695350
>threatening to tear the family apart
You mean threatening to throw out his dad-in-law who subjects the family to countless danger on a daily basis and who is making his wife hate him because he left her behind giving her tons of mental problems?
>>
>>94700820
>this cartoon ruffles my jimmies, why doesn't karma work 24/7?????
>therefore the writing is shit
Christ, anon
>>
>>94700873
Because the wording completely didn't imply butthurt, right
>>
>>94699590
>Cliche tension within the group
That's the entire point of the episode though
>>
iv liked each episode.
they're tackling a lot of baggage and hiccups from previous episodes.

they are back to ONE MILLION ants
>>
>>94692830
>I would unironically like to see him do that.
>I'm almost positive there are no 'train' super heroes
That can be arranged, but it has to be in ANAD Marvel as a token gay hero named Man-Train.
>>
>>94691990
I liked the episode a lot and I thought it was a fun enjoyable romp.

The only thing I didnt like is that they tried to go into Rick's feelings too much and I guess that is a theme of this season as they did it in pickle rick.

What I watch the show for is rick and morty fuck around in universe and I feel like as this season progresses it might go into rick more than I wanted to

Overall good episode, I thought it was better than episode 2 even thought I thought that was great as well, episode 2 was the only episode I didnt re-watch
>>
>>94693660
It's because writing Karma in the show is wish fulfillment. The comeuppance was that Morty was the one who came through for the solutions and no one would have died if they didn't treat him as a special needs case.
>>
>>94693732
The Super Soldier was a coward and a two-faced dickweed that uses people for props.

Ghost Train guy was insecure

Million Ants was a sneak

Supernova was a cunt.

So yeah, Crocubot was probably the only one that didn't deserve Rick's abuse.
>>
>the only rebuttaI to the people saying the writers that just happen to be female being bad/not up to par with the usual writing team is "misogynist!!" and other political terms
>Dan is even a part of throwing it around
They're not the best and don't deserve boot kissing, I agree it started early but just claiming every "hater" is a woman hater is shitty, sure there are a few, some ironic some true, but it's clear the writing direction changed
>>
>>94693732
>>94701539
it was because he was redundant
>>
>>94695978
It would be great but I doubt that would happen because apperently a lot of the Vindicators had died without Rick and Morty during their last adventure.
>>
>>94699471
It was great. When I first saw this promo I thought this episode would suck and take itself too seriously, but it ended up being pretty good.
>>
>>94701696
being a doc brown knock-off is also redundant
>>
Can i ask why exactly million ants died? Supernova was just like "lol i cant let you live" and kils him. Why the fuck?

It felt like they just ran out of time and couldnt fill their death quota with another Rick test.
>>
>>94701539
>Ghost Train guy was insecure
>so yeah, Crocubot was probably the only one that didn't deserve Rick's abuse
I don't see how being insecure over being cucked by literal insects means you deserve to be tortured by rick unless you mean specifically from rick's pov
>>
>>94693732
>since the trap was set on the assumption that rick and morty wouldn't be there.
Not answering the traps seems like the right answer aside from the three point shots, because the first puzzle only had right answers, and Morty's general guess that Rick's message was 'None of you are special and none of you matter.' would also fit because its shows that Rick doesn't care about the Vendicators at all and Drunk Rick wanted Noob Noob to reach the end of the death maze.
>>
>>94702277
because she wanted to kill Rick and he wouldnt let her.

Due to her actions for that planet they blew up, she ultimately believes everything she does is a means to an end and she is willing to sacrifice everything to complete the goal
>>
>>94702326
>implying cucks don't deserve torture
>>
>>94702257
god damn
>>
>>94695540
>>94699531
I have to agree. Despite being one off parodies, I would totally read this if it were a book, without the ant adultery
>>
>>94702277
The idea was that Rick needed to be proven right that all the Vindicators were hacks so the excuse is that she had to kill Million Ants as a means to have no witnesses of their crimes.

It was still stupid though and unnecessary.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Can you actually die like this? Im pretty sure the human body doesnt expand like that.
>>
File: 1502153750637.gif (1MB, 540x190px) Image search: [Google]
1502153750637.gif
1MB, 540x190px
Personally I would have preferred Rick pointing out how stupid it is leaving villains alive and the entire episode is him wiping out their rogues gallery for shits and giggles. The SAW shit and the team being assholes didnt really work for me
>>
>>94692746
>should have ended with her getting killed somehow.
How do you kill what seem to be a living solar system?
>>
>>94702487
By turning her into a black hole?
>>
>>94702441
I don't think anyone's ever tried to fill up a human til the point that they burst. I don't think it would be impossible though. The human skin has only so much elasticity. Besides, think of it like a pimple, your skin pops like that when you apply by limiting the amount of space available for the pus.
>>
>>94695639
It seemed like Alan Rails or I how I like to call him Soul Train at least cared when Maximus Renegade Star Soldire dies becuase he started to choke Rick.
>>
I've feel like all of the episodes of this season besides the first don't really feel like Rick and Morty. It just doesn't come off as it used to in the last two seasons. Everything just feels dull.
>>
>>94699471
I hate how they showed that uncensored State of Georgia Vs. Denver Fenton Allen at SDCC16 and we censored version off of the same Adult Swim channel, despite the amount of fucks in that video and some before this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0
>>
>>94702499
She was pregnant with one, nope.
>>
>>94695935
>Million Dykes did nothing wrong
He literally killed Alan Rails just so he could be with supernova. SuperNova stopped the fight by putting them in that bubble but million ants just decided to majin buud Alan Rails
>>
>>94692953
Guy, it fucked a living solar system apparently.
>>
>>94702567
Don't worry, none of it's real. We're still inside the space station.
>>
File: 77125412.gif (505KB, 199x222px) Image search: [Google]
77125412.gif
505KB, 199x222px
>>94692953
>>94702669
It may have acted like a guy, but its a billion ants under the hive mind of a queen. Either way, Supernova loves a train being run on her
>>
>>94699144
You got btfo'd and are still responding and not supporting your point at all

Delet this
>>
>>94693340
Would you guys suck them galaxy tits
>>
>>94702782
I'd show her the Milky Way if you know what I mean
>>
>>94694362
Being anonymous has no bearing on the existence of a moral high ground and I'm sad you need this explained to you.
>>
>>94695339
Rick didn't defeat the obstacles in this very episode though, he created them and then was at their mercy thanks to his own incompetence.

Morty saved the day.
>>
>>94691990
was pretty boring, basically an example of everything I dislike about the show, it was a lazy sci-fi parody with some "shock value" jokes that really don't shock or surprise anyone by now

literally the only half-way decent moment was when Rick just let the Galaxy Girl go in the end, because he literally doesn't care about attempted murder
>>
>>94702756
I wasn't the same guy, late comer discussing the situation at whole
>>
>>94700663
to be fair, there's a strong chance Rick would have wiped out the planet out of laziness himself soo...
>>
>>94703263
No way would he have missed a chance to upstage those goons. If he knew their second best alternative was to blow up the entire planet, he would've done everything in his power to look better than them by not doing that.
>>
File: Ramona_wat.jpg (31KB, 391x364px) Image search: [Google]
Ramona_wat.jpg
31KB, 391x364px
>>94693760
>>94693780
>>94693893
>>
>>94702441
Take in the fact that not only was his body filled with a million ants. It was a million ants biting him on the inside so yeah there would be alot of swelling from that.
>>
>>94703438
wow, everything in this thread is interesting to read. what the hell
>>
>>94691990
eh i didn't really care for it mainly because 'super heroes aren't as super or heroic as you thought' is such tired trope and was done better in other media

and like >>94692830 said it was a waste of characters with somewhat interesting powers
>>
>>94697361

It's not though and you've blatantly not read the source material if you're posting that. Sherlock actually takes note of clues in an odd case and explains how that pointed him towards the unlikely solution at the end, like the reader could if you were creative enough. Rather than just making up bullshit as the story goes along getting more and more impossible with the conceit of "hes just got such a high IQ he knew that".
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.