[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Love is a very beautiful, very intense feeling for a startlingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: Clay.png (246KB, 524x393px) Image search: [Google]
Clay.png
246KB, 524x393px
Love is a very beautiful, very intense feeling for a startlingly short period of time. Before long, you realize it just gets in the way of the real important things in life, like just going to sleep, or being left alone. That's when love starts fading, and lies kick in.
>wait, how long does it actually take for love to fade?
Ohhh, quicker than you think, kid. Quicker than you think.
>>
Clay is my favorite cartoon character.
>>
File: happy marriage.jpg (21KB, 456x340px) Image search: [Google]
happy marriage.jpg
21KB, 456x340px
>>94686307
insert mountain goats song here
>>
What he's really describing is mistaking infatuation for love, but regrets not noticing the difference till it was too late.
>>
>>94686307
>Love someone
>Think you'll never get bored of them
>Get bored of them
>>
>>94686526
>I hope our few remaining friends finally give up on trying to save us
>>
>>94686526
having watched 'passing' i have to agree, clay is a great character.
>>
I just binged the entire series yesterday.
>>
>>94686538
>love someone
>Think you'll never get bored of them
>Get bored of them
>Still do best to further your mutual interests
>have weeks long spurts of infatuation with them again randomly
>it's not exactly like the initial phase of falling in love
>but it's pretty comfy
>>
Dude nihilism lmao
>>
>>94688816
>nihilism
>>
>>94688816
this ain't the Rick & Memey belching about nihilism, this is actually one of many things that can happen in life
>>
>>94688858
>giving him a real (you)
>>
>>94688816
>Anything that isn't optimism or positivity is edgy nihilism
>>
>>94688816
If it were nihilism they wouldn't give a shit that they no longer love each other.
>>
>>94688883
That's apathy.
>>
>>94688790
>Ever using comfy as a buzzword
>>
>>94690807
"Comfy" is only a buzzword when it's being used as a one. Otherwise, it's just a word in a sentence. But just in case you weren't aware, "comfy" is now an acceptable synonym for "cozy".
>>
>>94690967
Comfy for the idea that your relationship is slowly failing because the love is gone and replaced with waning bursts of infatuation is a fucking buzzword
>>
>>94686526
Shit taste.
>>
>>94691083
No, that's not using a buzzword, that's using a poor choice of words to describe a situation that, by your standards, is ill-fitting.
>>
>>94686307
Are there any shows like Moral Orel where the tone changes dramatically from the beginning in a way thats not forced?
>>
>>94686540
I hope we come up with fail safe plot to piss off the dumb few who forgave us
>>
>>94693350
Season 1 of Bojack Horseman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45a1NTArG-g

With the added stipulation that it's not nearly as good or well executed as Moral Orel.
>>
>>94693386
>come up with fail safe plot
>>
>>94691083
>the love is gone
>love being getting a boner, drooling over yourself, aching when they're gone and shit
Love is a tacit agreement to take care of one another and continually maintain your relationship.
If you hold out the notion that anything less than that is love, you're going to be an asshole who fucks up relationships.
>>
>>94693386
I HOPE THE FENCES WE MENDED
FALL DOWN BENEATH THEIR OWN WEIGHT
>>
Do you think there's a chance this show will be revived in the future?
>>
>>94695055
I kind of hope not, i know it was planned for more but the way it ended was really satisfactory.
>>
>>94695101
While I agree, I wish we at got the second half of season three. I wanted more of Clay's dad
>>
File: Alien_Soldier_Nobody_Cares.png (28KB, 603x335px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Soldier_Nobody_Cares.png
28KB, 603x335px
>>94686307
>le bitter jaded faggot

Wow he let his shitty childhood creep into adulthood because he can't learn to move on. Great character. Really deep.
>>
>>94695461
>people who post "nobody cares" in threads already full of discussion on the topic
I don't get it, it doesn't even make sense as bait.
>>
>>94686307
The thing is I don't think Clay has ever experienced love besides the one he had for her mother and father before the accident. He's too repressed and self absorbed.
>>
I can feel it in the rotten air tonight
In the tips of my fingers, in the skin on my face
In the weak last gasp of the evening's dying light
In the way those eyes I've always loved illuminate this place
Like a trashcan fire in a prison cell
Like the searchlights in the parking lots of hell

I will walk down to the end with you
If you will come all the way down with me
>>
>>94695101
But the only one that got closure was Orel.

I'ld like to see a continuation of the Before Orel special, apparently Dino wanted to tell more stories with Clay and his father.
>>
>>94695008
And I hope we hang on past the last exit
I hope it's already too late
>>
>>94688790
I'm at the first step now. Hopefully it won't end up like theirs.
>>
>>94696495
>Hopefully it won't end up like theirs.
don't be afraid of letting go anon
>>
>>94696671
I'll let go when I know when the relationship has run its course, but fuck it's gonna hurt.
>>
File: (4).png (136KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
(4).png
136KB, 640x480px
You know. The pain. Of you. Day in, day out, being there. With that face. Not knowing what to say. Not caring anymore. Not even knowing that you'll probably only care about her when it's finally too late. Forgetting about all those desperate- those desperate years you spent alone, your barren years when no woman would even consider resting her tired head on your shaky little shoulder. Stinking of belly semen. Why even wipe? And when you finally get one of these [Points at Dolly and imitates a fanfare] coveted pieces of tail that have been built up as the grand trophy in your nothing life, you try desperately to keep it. Not to protect it! But to hoard it. To keep it away from the other wolves and jackals circling your territory! And you realize, all too soon, that you're not good enough! That maybe there was a jerk-off called Darwin after all. And that you never acknowledged his existence because you knew deep inside that you were really what you feared you were-- weak. And passive. And ultimately, broken by the ones who were made the fittest. And that through your weaknesses, you built up a poison that poisoned others around you.... that you love... and the only true justice was to let those dominant jackals feed on you. Survive off you...
>>
what is "belly semen" anyway?
>>
>>94698716
I took it to mean he jacked off in bed and passed out with cum on his stomach and never bothered cleaning up.

We've all been there
>>
>>94695461
It's a joke, not drama. Drama came later. The delivery makes it, Scott Adsit's brilliant performance sold him as the funniest character in the first 2 seasons.
>>
>>94698483
I love how this speech is an attack on the four worst character in the show. It was primarily aimed at Dr. Potterswheel, but he uses it to attack Reverend Putty, Officer Papermouth, and himself at different points in the rant.
>>
>>94695055
Dino said that Mike Lazzo is still interested in the producing more episodes, but only of they are more comedy focused. Dino said he'd rather not bother. He recently released a graphic novel not too long ago with a similar tone, so you have that
>>
>>94699400
>Reverend Putty
>One of the worst characters
Ok
>>
>>94695538
its the summerfag and newfag horde in full force
dont give them (You)s
>>
>>94695101
I disagree. The ending was rushed, they tried to wrapped up Orel quickly with the little time they had left so there wasn't much punch, it was a tacked on resoultion. I want to see Orel mature, find solutions to problems, to be a good enough person not to be damaged, bitter, or cynical, and to find comfort and solice in his faith. He will go through phases of cynicism only to get through them, coming out stronger and closer to God. I want to see the townspeople continue to grow, work on their problems, and I want Orel to make Moralton a better community, even if the people in it will always be damaged and flawed, a good Christian like Orel can sure make things better. Just look at the reverend, he wasn't a good guy but Orel helped him grow and improve himself through his advice. Shapey and Block were never made actual characters besides one line from Shapey that would have only begun their transformation. Nobody else got any resolution. It just shows us "yeah, despite everything Orel is okay" but I want to see how he gets there. I want every citizen of Moralton to get an ending. And the journey of how we get to that ending lot more interesting. If there was a revival, it should pick up after the Christmas where Daniel broke it off with Clay, and keep going as Dino originally wanted to.
>>
Mike Lazzo is a pussy
>>
>>94699506
He was redeemed when Orel encouraged him to have a good relationship with his daughter, and in the end he was slightly nicer to Orel, that is good character development, but it didn't address his other qualities or how he treats other people. He's a bad person and a bad reverend. His sermons are full of petty jabs at the people around him. He's short with people, he doesn't want to help anyone in his congregation, he shrugs off any problem people come to him with. He simply doesn't care about anyone, which isn't so bad if you're just some guy, but for a reverend it's pretty terrible.
In order of the worst, I'd go Potterswheel -> Clay -> Papermouth -> Bloberta -> Putty
>>
Does Ms. Censordoll have witch powers? What was up with that weird hypnosis she put Orel under, when they were in Mr. Figurelli's shop.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.