[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the 90's Spiderman and Xmen cartoons worth watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (2MB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1400x700px
Are the 90's Spiderman and Xmen cartoons worth watching as an adult? I grew up with them, I tried watching the first episode of Xmen and I felt like it was a little bit to kiddy to really appreciate now.

The accents kind of made me cringe to be honest and I watch stupider shit so I don't know if it was just a bad first impression or if it gets a lot better?
>>
>>94684916
All I know is that The Spot episode in Spider-Man is GOAT.
>>
I would check out the newer xmen and spiderman shows.
>>
>>94684916

Spuderman is the better one; for what it is
>>
This one's for you, Morph!!
>>
>>94684916
Better watch Evolution and Spectacular Spiderman
>>
>>94684916
>a little bit to kiddy to really appreciate now.

*a little bit too kiddy to really appreciate now.
>>
The Pilot for the X-Men cartoon is pretty different then the rest. I remember liking the Days of Future Past episode a lot, try that. For Spider-man the Black Costume ones were the best.

Both have aged horribly, not sure if would be enjoyable watching for the first time in 2017 but if you don't mind cheesy 90's cartoons they're fun.
>>
File: 1460044082503.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1460044082503.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>94684973
>>
>>94685006
I don't think Evolution or Spectacular are on my Netflix but I'll have to double check.
>>
>>94684916
If you thought the first episode was too kiddy, then rest assured it isn't going to get better for you.

That said, it's still a lot of fun to watch. It's this weird time capsule of an era where X-Men was sort of teetering on the edge of its eventual implosion, but also the biggest superhero property in the world. It basically adapted the comics of the time perfectly... and that is to say, "warts and all." Like, you could never make an X-Men cartoon these days where Cable shows up in the first ten episodes.

The Spider-Man cartoon is better, but it's also not particularly adventurous. Like, it's a very standard Spider-Man show, which isn't a bad thing, but it doesn't have the raw appeal of, say, Spectacular Spider-Man.
>>
>>94686115
Evolution manages to be slightly worse than the terrible 90's show thanks to a lack of sentinels. Wolverine basically just uses his claws on the scenery the entire series.
>>
>>94686115
WHOA HOLY SHIT! Is TAS on Netflix now?!?
>>
File: The_Sentinel_I.png (223KB, 721x461px) Image search: [Google]
The_Sentinel_I.png
223KB, 721x461px
>>94686445
They did have sentinels, just didn't look like the comic ones. And Wolverine obviously isn't going to be cutting people in half in a kid's cartoon, so he mostly uses his claws to cut weapons in half or cut random objects around the bad guys to slow them down.

You should try actually watching the show.
>>
>>94686515
I only remember a single sentinel but i could be wrong because i skipped the last season.
>>
File: pigeon.jpg (7KB, 275x183px)
pigeon.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>94684916

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. X-men is generally okay for the first season or so but goes to shit pretty hard towards the end.

Spiderman is a complete shit show though not from a lack of trying on the creators part. pic related
>>
>>94686515

Man it was crazy how ONE sentinel could wreck everyone's collective shits
>>
>>94686939
They were just lousy at combat due to spending every episode shooting at the ground and walls instead of their enemies.
>>
>>94686459
Yeah but I'm in Canada. I'm not sure if it's anywhere else.

>tfw this cartoon is one of the only cartoons ever to have your shitty province in it
>>
>>94684943
For years afterwards I always thought the Spot was a cool villain because of that episode, I was shocked to find out people though the comic version was lame.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.