[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what CGI kids movie is this losing best animated film at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0175.jpg (964KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0175.jpg
964KB, 1536x1152px
So what CGI kids movie is this losing best animated film at the academy Awards to?
>>
>>94682355
The emoji movie.
>>
Ungulate cartoon.
>>
>>94682355
Is there a chance I'll be able to see this in theaters?
>>
>>94682426
there may be like a 1 day only special event for it.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. When is this getting a home release?
>>
>>94682426
it'll probably do a film festival run so check local film festivals
>>
>>94682355
Considering how shit this year has been for animated films, it actually has a chance to win.

Plus LEGO Batman and Captain Underpants don't appeal to snooty elitists
>>
>>94682355
my favorite artist, I would love to see that movie in a theater
>>
>>94682426
That depends on where you live. Find an art house cinema or film festival like >>94682848 suggested. If you're in the states, a Regal/Fathom Events might have it for a day or two.

I'm lucky since I'm not that far from Seattle. I'll probably have a few chances to see it.
>>
>>94682954
Idk guy, some critics were very upset at Lego Movie being snubbed. They may look favorably at Batman to make up for that.
>>
>>94683327
>Idk
>>
>>94682355
That came out this year? Fuck. Have to reupdate the prediction.

>Coco
>Van Gogh
>The Breadwinner
>Mary and the Witch's Flower
>The Girl without Hands

That puts Emoji Movie, Captain Underpants, Boss Baby, and now The Star in the B-list.
>>
>>94683095
What is his best work?
>>
>>94684610
It's going to be Coco hands down. All the other feasible options are foreign so that means that none of the voters will watch them.
>>
>>94686774
you mean none of the voters' kids will watch them
>>
>>94686780
Is there a difference?
>>
>>94686774
I'd say that Loving Vincent is too obvious of a good choice, even over the family friendly Disney choice they always go with. Just hearing that Loving Vincent is a movie completely made with oil paintings to Vincent van Goghs work, it's too easy of a choice.
>>
>>94686845
I agree, but this is the Oscars we're talking about. They'll go for the more artsy films for the actual categories but the Oscar for animation has always gone to a kids film, usually whatever movie Disney or Pixar had shat out that year. The voters for that category don't even watch the movies half the times and just go with whatever their kid watched.
>>
>>94686921
Yes but this is a far more blatantly obvious pretentious artsy choice, the name is recognizable, it's Vincent van Gogh, not some obscure foreign animated film with an obscure name. I get that they easily go for the popular animated family movie, but I feel like how obvious of a choice Loving Vincent is easily outweighs that. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, I dunno.
>>
>>94687026
Like I said, anything artsy in the animated category is ignored because the category itself is its own microcosm. When movies like Brave and Big Hero 6 can easily win the category, it's quite obvious that they rank the animated films based almost entirely on popularity.
>>
>>94687067
I'm mostly going on the fact that Vincent van Gogh *is* recognizable, and an easily pretentious artsy choice, no matter how genuinely good it is, people would choose it for the highly recognizable name, along with how the movie is made from oil paints alone. I guess it all depends on how Coco does, in my opinion it's lining up to be pretty 'meh' so far, I think the line up just has Loving Vincent as a blatant choice for these people.
>>
>>94687067

Or sometimes relevance.
See: Zootopia.
Reason Coco have the statue in the bag already.
>>
>>94687204
It's more about what kids go and see, I hear about more kids going to see The Emoji Movie.
>>
>>94682355
Moana
>>
>>94687178
Yes, but the real question is will people realize it's a Vincent van Gogh movie when they vote.
>>
>Caring about the Oscars

It's one big wankfest where friends give awards to other friends.
>>
>>94687458

>i really like that movie about a zucchini
>>
>>94686335
Not the same anon but most people would say "starry night" or that self portrait he did of himself. I prefer "Café Terrace at Night" and "The potato eaters"
>>
>>94682425
Nah, that's getting best original song (I just hope it's one of ingrams rather then sia)
>>
>>94683327
Maybe
>>
>>94686845
>movie completely made with oil paintings
Wait what? Is there a trailer?
>>
>>94687983
More like an oil paint filter. It's on youtube
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.