[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me, or does his death get to be more of a bummer as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 1ee4915baf87112c20b43b70de4cff17.jpg (476KB, 1024x1481px) Image search: [Google]
1ee4915baf87112c20b43b70de4cff17.jpg
476KB, 1024x1481px
Is it just me, or does his death get to be more of a bummer as you get older? I was just leafing through my copy of the ninth volume of Sandman, and I couldn't help but be struck by how poignant the whole thing is.
>>
I just read vol 9 of the trade today, first time I've read it, though I had his death spoiled for me.

It still hits pretty hard. Fiddler's Green and Mervyn too. My heart sank as they died.

None of what happened was in Morpheus' control, except Orpheus to a degree.
>>
File: Sandman_70_p22.jpg (301KB, 986x1511px) Image search: [Google]
Sandman_70_p22.jpg
301KB, 986x1511px
The concept of death is so well handed in Sandman, it really sinks into you how they handle Dream's.
>>94679686
Morpheus was in control of the situation all along. It was a subconscious long term suicide.
>>
>>94679828
it really sinks how differently morpheus would have handled that.
daniel has no issue showing that he is confused and he truly tries to accept a different point if view even if he doesnt fully understand it.
and all of this without being any less aloof and etheral than the old dream. he is still quiet and distant but all the same he feels more aproachable, less stuck up, more humble and the way this comes across so subtly is nothing short of genius
>>
>>94679828

I love the art in "The Wake" so much
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (92KB, 283x640px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
92KB, 283x640px
>>94680086
>>
>>94679172
I connect with Dream because I feel like I am unchangeable. I need to be someone other than who I am but I am so entrenched in my own history that it feels impossible. And it's a bummer when you think about how Delight is swept to the side and lost to Delirium. But then I consider the changes Destruction and Lucifer made to themselves. Laying down responsibility and taking up a new set of choices sounds better than dying.
>>
File: Sandman_71_p26.jpg (276KB, 986x1511px) Image search: [Google]
Sandman_71_p26.jpg
276KB, 986x1511px
>>94680295
I connect with Dream because of his love life.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.