[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.cnet.com/news/marvel-in humans-fast-and-cheap-di

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nhbzf9ttA71r9u466o1_500.jpg (70KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhbzf9ttA71r9u466o1_500.jpg
70KB, 500x699px
https://www.cnet.com/news/marvel-inhumans-fast-and-cheap-director-roel-reine/

>>You wouldn't think box office-dominating Marvel would ever have to worry about schedules or budgets. But the tight timetable and funding for new TV show "Inhumans" saw Marvel and ABC turn to director Roel Reiné for his experience making low-budget action movies in record time.

>>"Inhumans" is the next Marvel saga to leap from page to screen. Following the adventures of moon-dwelling, superpowered royalty banished to Earth, the show was shot on Imax cameras and will premiere in theatres before it's on TV.

>>I caught up with Dutch director Reiné in London, where he told me he was picked for the job because of his vision for the character drama at the heart of the superpowered shenanigans.

>>Reiné's resume also includes a number of low-budget action movies like "Death Race 2" and "The Scorpion King 3", and this experience stood him in good stead. "I think they liked me for the job because I was able with my action movies to shoot in a very short time, or with very low budgets, action that looks like a big-budget movie," he said. "It was not a feature film, it was a TV episode, but they still wanted to have the scope."

>>Time was also a critical factor. "The schedule was super-tight," Reiné laughed. "I had TV schedule time to shoot it with Imax cameras, 20 days to shoot two episodes. It's nerve-wracking but I come from a low-budget film world, so 20 days for me is luxury."
>>
>>The Marvel cinematic universe, of which "Inhumans" is a part, is tightly controlled by the company's top brass -- an experience that's been described as potentially "maddening or exhilarating".

>>"There was always a Marvel executive around me," remembered Reiné, "just to make sure that whatever I did, or whatever we did together, would tie in with other characters in other universes, in other comics, in other series or movies. They're very protective. … These people are very passionate about their product and about characters and about doing the best version of everything."

>>"I heard all of these horror stories of working with Marvel, but I didn't feel that way," said Reiné. "It was very collaborative. … Nine out of ten times they liked what I pitched -- even radical things."

>>One of the challenges was making the show for the towering screens of Imax theatres, which dictated some creative choices. "Shaky handheld stuff doesn't really work for IMAX," Reiné suggested as an example. "I chose the way to move the cameras more forwards and backwards, and also we built the sets with more scope on top and higher, bigger ceilings … It was really a blast."

>>The first two episodes of "Inhumans" will be shown in Imax theatres around the world on 1 September, before appearing on ABC in the US and on various broadcast and streaming services around the world.
>>
>>94678278
Here we go.
>>
>>94678307
>>>"There was always a Marvel executive around me," remembered Reiné, "just to make sure that whatever I did, or whatever we did together, would tie in with other characters in other universes, in other comics, in other series or movies. They're very protective. … These people are very passionate about their product and about characters and about doing the best version of everything."

That's not true at all.
>>
>>94678278
>You wouldn't think box office-dominating Marvel would ever have to worry about schedules or budgets.

Perlmutter is exactly who would worry about budgets.
>>
>>94678365
They are, just legally is all
>>
>>94678278
>Ike is so cheap he hired the cheapest director for a cheap tv show
Goddamn.
>>
File: 1464553426866.png (636KB, 780x336px) Image search: [Google]
1464553426866.png
636KB, 780x336px
>>FOX made a hit with Days of Future Past
>>Ike Perlmutter tells all of Marvel that X-Men and FF are off the tables.
>>Push Inhumans to be exactly like the X-Men
>>Perlmutter thinks the persecution angle was why X-Men was a hit, not the fact that Sniktbub is the face of them.
>>Force Inhumans everywhere
>>Have AoS solely hype up the Inhumans film
>>Even made X-Men die to the Inhumans, and STILL treated the Inhumans like they were good guys.

>>Fiege canceled the film that's 2 years away.
>>Perlmutter then decides to rush out a show in less than a year
>>With minimal budget
>>With IMAX
>>And the TV episodes will be longer than the IMAX showing

WHY?! I LEGIT WANT TO KNOW WHY THIS GUY IS SO FUCKING BRAINDEAD THAT HE'S DOING ALL OF THIS! NONE OF THIS WAS A SOLID BUSINESS STRATEGY AND HE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE FUCKING HINT! HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GO THIS FAR WITH A PROPERTY THAT BARELY ANYONE LIKES?!

There will be books written about this Inhumans push in the future, and it's going to be incredible. Like reading up about 90's Marvel.
>>
>>94678278
>You wouldn't think box office-dominating Marvel would ever have to worry about schedules or budgets
Bullshit. These movies are all made on a similar budget with low-cost workman TV directors who'll roll over for executives, and the release dates are all laid out so far in advance they're set before even a single person has been hired onto the movie.
>>
>>94678606
I guess at this point it's a matter of pride. Better to immolate yourself and fall off a very steep cliff than admit you made a mistake.
>>
>>94678804
Only the jewish pride is stronger than its greed.
>>
>>94678850
Enough to make him join the Trump Administration.
>>
CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT
>>
>>94678606
It's also funny because Disney had a chance to buy back the Fantastic Four and Ike convinced them not to buy. Then when Ike wanted to buy back the rights, Fox wouldn't sell. We could have had the Fantastic Four in the MCU already if it was for Ike and his stupidity.
>>
>>94679261
When was this? This is the first time I'm hearing about this.
>>
>>94678965
Except the Trump administration is full of jewish people.
>>
I want this to be good. Maybe it'll turn around after episode 3
>>
>>94682091
I bet you they'll air two episodes a night to get it over in 4 weeks instead of 8.
>>
>>94678278
>>>You wouldn't think box office-dominating Marvel would ever have to worry about schedules or budgets
Do they just... not know anything about Perlmutter? Schedules and budgets account for like 90% of all the movies and shows' problems on the production side (under Perlmutter of course, so not counting Dr. Strange onwards).
>>
>>94679281
Years ago. Fox was willing to sell the rights back and Disney was willing to pay for it, but Perlmutter wouldn't let them saying that Fox was asking way too much for the rights and it would be a colossal waste of money since they would just revert automatically in a few years just by doing nothing. Which, to be fair, was how they got back a lot of their rights. Punisher, Ghost Rider, Blade, Daredevil, even Thor had their rights held by other companies.

Then Fox got butthurt by this, rescinded the offer, and forced out Fan4stick to keep the rights longer.
>>
File: terrigen mist.jpg (119KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
terrigen mist.jpg
119KB, 960x720px
when is this diet X-men push going to fucking end?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.