[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Right now it's cool to hate anything from the previous era,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: spawnddfdf.jpg (412KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
spawnddfdf.jpg
412KB, 1920x1200px
Right now it's cool to hate anything from the previous era, but soon enough edge and flawed, non girl pandering, and gross characters will return as the new generation is disgruntled and annoyed about the heroes of their older siblings, just like grunge to hair metal once again

Are you prepared for the new edge era? As 90s kid I can't wait
>>
But the 90's had the best female superheroes. Sure, they looked like sexpots but many of them were as capable as the men without being grrl power crap, they weren't defined by their relationships with men, they weren't automatically friends with every other woman just because they were women, and they legitimately earned the respect of their teammates.
>>
>>94676329
>sexpots

They are cum dumpsters.
>>
>>94676097
Can you say that again with proper punctuation and grammar?
>>
File: Turdmcfarland.jpg (205KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
Turdmcfarland.jpg
205KB, 640x476px
>>94676097

That sentence is fucked mate. Been playing Spawn: In the Demon's Hand on a Dreamcast emulator recently.

Spawn Thread.
>>
>>94677665
>Angela
>Medieval Spawn
LOL!
>>
>>94676097
Are you suggesting edge equals good writing?
>>
>>94677665
Sam & Twitch fucking Willians ftw.
>>
>>94676097
I always liked Spawn as a kid, kinda grew out of it, but I'm willing to get back into it and check it out
>>
>>94676097
Spawn became the very monster that his creators claim he will never be. A tragic end for edgy Venom-Superman-Ghost Rider hybrid.
>>
>>94676329
Agree with this. Heroines (and antiheroines) back then were not concerned with being relatable, they were someone you could look up to and respect first and foremost, with relatability being secondary. The same thing guys have with male heroes. But now heroines are all written like quirky infantile morons.
>>
>>94679970
Yes.
>>
>>94676097
Will never happen because the kind of people that buy comics now are completely different than the ones that bought comics in the 90s.

The modern comics audience is just meme-obsessed fat virgins who only buy comics as a form of "collectible movie tie-in merchandise".
>>
Was Spawn even that edgy? I remember his early run being a bit silly.
>>
>>94677700
TRIUMPHANT SLASH!
>>
>>94685245
spawn started out angry, brooding and edgy - then the book's mythology fell on top of itself with all its bullshit from Spawn taking over Hell, Locking satan and God in a room to fist fight etc.
it was ridiculous and made no real sense after awhile
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.