[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dad still missing after like five fucking years of your ongoing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: 3586584-3086582048-sam_a.jpg (297KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
3586584-3086582048-sam_a.jpg
297KB, 786x1017px
>No gf
>Live in some shitty Arizona town while every other hero you know is rich or at least well off in fucking New York City
>Cletus Kassidy knows where you and your family live
>constantly ignored, belittled, and underestimated by other heroes
>stuck in Waid's shitty preachy book because editorial didn't advertise your ongoing enough
>still try to do the right thing
>balance school/real life with your superhero duties, sometimes resulting in sacrificing for the greater good

Is he a better Peter Parker than current Peter Parker?
>>
That's not a high bar
>>
File: 1466547936018.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1466547936018.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: 1466547975099.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1466547975099.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>94671442
>>
File: 1466548013807.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1466548013807.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>94671461
>>
File: 1466548052980.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1466548052980.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>94671486
>>
>>94671360
>Is he a better Peter Parker than current Peter Parker?
Actually, yes.

Too bad he's probably going to get snuffed in the next event, depending on how cosmic they need their Big Bad Threat to be.
>>
The difference is that even though Spider-Man is in an incredibly sorry state nowadays, he still has plenty of devoted fans.

NO ONE likes Sam outside of Loeb and Brevoort.
>>
>>94671559
I'm pretty sure me and like 7 other people on /co/ like him
>>
I hate when people say Ms. Marvel feels like early Spider-Man
Sam's story resembles Peter's way more

>>94671559
>>94671643
Sam has been way more interesting in 5 years than Dick was for his first few decades
I like the kid
>>
File: SamWonTheKamalaBowl.png (148KB, 251x230px) Image search: [Google]
SamWonTheKamalaBowl.png
148KB, 251x230px
>>94671559
The problem is that Nova came out of nowhere for the Avengers vs. X-Men event without a proper introduction and as a clear example of Jeph Loeb trying to immortalize his dead son again. Coupled with the fact that Dickfags were reeling that Star-Lord and Thanos were resurrected by Bendis but Richard Rider was not, Sam had several strikes against himself from the start.

When Loeb got lifted from the first "Nova" ongoing, it gave an opportunity for other writers to play around and find Sam's niche; he got better from there, but first impressions are always the most important. Sam's last ongoing (which featured Dick in a co-starring role) was one of the best teen-hero books of the year; but since nobody bought it, it got canned. Now Sam is stuck in "Champions", and while he's probably the only likeable character in that book he'll probably be the first to die come the next Marvel Event Cycle.

At least he won the Kamala Bowl.
>>
>>94671643
For real. Sam gets a lot of hate simply cause he's a legacy character and no other reason.
It's a shame the book didn't sell more, he's one of the best written legacy characters. Does his own thing at being Nova, and doesn't shit on his predecessor while doing it.
>>
>>94671360
What happened to the goth girl from his class that liked him? She was being set up as a love interest and even knew that he was nova, and then she just disappeared from the book.
>>
>>94671360
That plot line needs to die, and I hate that Duggan had fucking resolved it and then the next writer goes and brings it again.

>No gf
He had a lot of girls fawning over him but he changed so many writers that they all got discarded.

>Live in some shitty Arizona town while every other hero you know is rich or at least well off in fucking New York City
He can travel anywhere he wants and get there pretty fast.

>Cletus Kassidy knows where you and your family live
That's because Sam is an idiot.

>constantly ignored, belittled, and underestimated by other heroes
In his first appearance Thor invited him to join the Avengers and he got to be an Avenger. Rich is the one who constantly got that treatment from heroes and he's been let down so many times by the Avengers that he probably doesn't want to be one anymore.

>stuck in Waid's shitty preachy book because editorial didn't advertise your ongoing enough
His comic also didn't sell that well, but yeah Sam is the character that Waid has the least interest to develop.

>balance school/real life with your superhero duties, sometimes resulting in sacrificing for the greater good
Duggan had an arc where Sam's school life was in jeopardy because of his superhero life. But it got better now that his principal knows he is Nova and his mom has him meet his responsibilities first before he goes to fight crime so it's not bad.

Rich got the shit deal because he didn't finish High school due to Xandar pressuring him to go with the corps and later when he decided to give up the power and go back to his life he was flipping burgers while all his friends graduated and left. He was even to embarrassed to get his GED for awhile because of it.

I mean yeah Sam's life isn't the best and it's and being a Nova pretty much opens you to never ending suffering, but he has a lot of support and people who love him.
>>
>>94671360
Yes.
>>
File: almostas good.jpg (50KB, 314x483px) Image search: [Google]
almostas good.jpg
50KB, 314x483px
>>94671643
I like him and Rich but both have the most retarded hardcore fans.

It's just that the Dickfags are louder and also hang here, most of the annoying Samfags stay in tumblr.

>>94671853
The other writers didn't want to use her anymore.

>>94671711
Rich's first run was a mess, it didn't know if it wanted to be Spider-Man or a space comic and while the premise is interesting Wolfman really fucked it up IMO.

Rich shined more when Nicieza handled him in New Warriors. I guess because Nicieza explored the character even more and went more in depth with the poor self esteem and depression issues that were established in his first run.

What I like about Rich and Sam is that they were pretty relatable and despite having badass cosmic powers, out of all the superheroes seem like the most average and down to earth. Especially since a lot of teenage superheroes (especially nowadays) tend to be wunderkinds, geniuses, or characters that excell above the ordinary even without powers. I mean Peter Parker was a genius from the start and even if he hadn't gotten bitten bu that spider he would have gone and eventually become a scientist or most likely a superhero/supervillain he was always going to do something extraordinary.
>>
>>94672600
What run/issues would you recommend a samfag start with Rich?
>>
File: Toobadhuh.png (127KB, 500x129px) Image search: [Google]
Toobadhuh.png
127KB, 500x129px
>>94672766
Read New Warriors vol 1, Nova vol 2, and then jump to the whole Giffen and DnA Cosmic saga (Annihilation Prelude, Annihilation: Nova, Nova vol 4, Thanos Imperative).

Obviously the latest Nova comic with him and Sam, then follow Duggan's GotG and see how that goes. If you want read the first volume of Nova but it came out in the 70's so keep that in mind, and it's not terribly interesting.

Avoid anything by Bendis.
>>
>>94672600
To Rich, getting his Nova powers was the best thing to ever happened to him even with all the problems that it brought because he finally found something he was good at and even then he didn't feel like he was good enough.

Being Nova gives him some self-worth and the first time he gave his power away willingly because he thought he should go back home and live a normal life. But what he found is that his friends graduated high school and he was stuck doing a minimum wage job and feeling like shit, his father even tells him to go to the gym hoping it raises his self esteem. Then the subsequent times where he has lost his powers he didn't took it as good (he even risked killing himself for them, even wrote his girlfriend a suicide note).

Add the fact that he had a death wish for awhile plus the whole PTSD that the Annihilation war and the Cancerverse brought to him (space as a whole fucked him up), I feel like he's holds up way better than any

>Especially since a lot of teenage superheroes (especially nowadays) tend to be wunderkinds, geniuses, or characters that excell above the ordinary even without powers.

Yeah the Rider geniuses were his brother Robbie Rider and their scientist uncle.

And Robbie added a lot to Rich's self esteem problems because while he was struggling with algebra his genius little brother was already preparing to go to an university, making his own robot with an AI, and just outshining him in everything. Rich at best was a C average student with some Ds here and there.

Not to mention that even if Rich is the "greatest Nova ever" we also get told in the comics that Robbie is the one who has the potential of being THE greatest Nova ever what with that Nova Zero thing and then in DnA's Nova despite being a Nova rookie with limited Nova force he held off Xenith for quite awhile.
>>
>>94671360
Sean Ryan's volume was really unneeded, it added nothing to the character and undid all the potential that his dad coming back had
At least it set up Rich's return
>>
>>94671559
The latest Nova run made me a fan of Sam.
>>
>>94674460
Setting up Rich's return and that scene with the Captain were the only good things about it.
>>
File: Nova v1 04 04.jpg (535KB, 927x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Nova v1 04 04.jpg
535KB, 927x1366px
>>
>>94671360
aleast cletus act like a saturday morning villan wen he is with sam, im sure he is safe
>>
>Is he a better Peter Parker than current Peter Parker?

Yes but most characters are at this point
>>
>>94671643
i like sam because he is not liked in universe plus that issue with the captain was fantastic
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.