[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Riz Ahmed In Talks To Play The Chameleon In Sony's VENOM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: The Chameleon.jpg (39KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
The Chameleon.jpg
39KB, 600x316px
Thoughts, /co/?

http://movieweb.com/venom-silver-black-movies-riz-ahmed-playing-chameleon/
>>
>>94669872
Dmitri Anatoly Nikolayevich Smerdyakov's skin should be way darker. Pathetic.
>>
>>94669872
i don't care anymore about any of these movies
>>
He's not white so you best believe it's a fucking issue, bucko
>>
>>94669872
>Russian
>played by a Paki

Whaaa...
>>
>>94669872
>>94669921
>>94670014
>>94670053
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>94670069
Let me stir the pot man c'mon Nazis need to be exposed
>>
His iconic look is a big white mask.

In this case, I think he could be of ANY race, and the ability of the actor to look and act like a bunch of different people. should be the deciding factor. A good russian accent would be a plus, obviously.

Since I can't into /tv/ I have no clue who this fucker is.
>>
>>94670014
Wasn't Chameleon originally a lower caste Russki worshipping based Slav Kraven anyway?
I remember it being a big arc in the 90s when he and Harry cloned Pete's parents.
>>
He's a good actor in The Night Of and pretty funny in Four Lions (gr8 film btw)

I don't really think chameleon is a good fit for him though
>>
This should be a part of the MCU. Sony won't do anything with it. Their Spider-Man series is over.
>>
>>94670100
Good luck finding any. Also, Nazis don't hide. Stop being such a brainwashed moron.
>>
File: 1502607638951.png (104KB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1502607638951.png
104KB, 270x263px
>Chameleon
neat
>...in Sony's Venom
>>
>>94670106
He was the pilot in Rogue One.

wasn't he?
>>
fuck you
>>
>>94670194
Good job taking the obvious bait moron
>>
>>94670261

<======(You)
>>
I don't care about SONY's not canon little pet projects. They're the next Marvel TV in terms of wasted characters
>>
>>94669872
>why are they showing me a drawing of Wild Dog?
>>
>>94670106
He was Rick, the homeless sidekick of Lou Bloom in Nightcrawler.
>>
>>94669872
>wasting more Spidey characters for more non-canon no-Spidey universe.
I wish Sony would burn to the ground.
>>
>>94669872
>Silver & Black

So they're still hellbent on doing a spinoff for a mediocre movie, which wasn't the big success they hoped it would be, using almost irrelevant 2nd rate characters, that the intended audience has never heard about?
Do Sony executives know how market research works or do they just throw money at Amy Pascal?
>>
>>94669872
>Sony
legit question, have they made a good movie in the past five years?
>>
File: IMG_3583.jpg (688KB, 3500x2335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3583.jpg
688KB, 3500x2335px
>>94669872
>SILVER & BLACK

Pascal's Ghostbusters bombed, why would her female-led Spider-Man spin-off do any different?
Sony Pictures is such a mess, I hope Kaz Hirai puts the PlayStation people in charge of that division and kicks Pascal and Rothman to the curb.
>>
>>94670106
Honestly I think the best thing would be to give the Chameleon no specific actor. Simply different actors/actresses and we never see the "real" thing. But if you're going to do it maybe get a fucking Slav and not an Akbar Pajeet.
>>
>>94669872
Yay. I've been waiting for Chameleon in a movie for ages. I'd rather it was a Spider-Man movie, but I'll take what I can get.
>>
>>94669872

Friendly reminder that if you disagree with this casting choice, you're a racist and a nazi
>>
>>94670106
He was the guy in The Night Of.
>>
>>94672166
>Friendly reminder that if you disagree with this casting choice, you're a racist and a nazi
Why the fuck does anyone think they have the right to disagree with a casting choice? It isn't their movie. In this case, the film will suck no matter who they cast because it is Sony. So why bother wasting brain cells even talking about the actor?
>>
>>94672166
I thought it was libtards who were supposed to be TRIGGERED by everything? Stop pissing yourself about a backlash to a racist reaction that hasn't happened yet. That's like four levels above getting offended over nothing.
>>
File: 0.jpg (37KB, 421x545px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
37KB, 421x545px
>Sony hogging up more good characters
>>
>>94669872
Stop it, just stop it. Nobody wants the Spider-man supporting character cinematic universe.
>>
>>94672736
It's okay soon amy pascal will have her head painting a wall after she loses her job and the entire sony movie line.
>>
>>94672461
>Why the fuck does anyone think they have the right to disagree with a casting choice?
Because they're the fanboys.

>It isn't their movie.
But it IS their moviegoing dollars

>In this case, the film will suck no matter who they cast because it is Sony. So why bother wasting brain cells even talking about the actor?
I have no argument here. This looks like a rocket train to garbage town. I think the casting is fine, but it still doesn't get it off the rails there.
>>
Pascal no longer works for Sony, her company does
>>
Shouldn't be a huge issue as long as the actor is good. I really don't think we should see his real face ever, but few actors would be down with that other than Karl Urban.

I may be influenced from the 90s cartoon and comics but wasn't he originally Russian/brother of Kraven. Maybe the actor isn't the real chameleon but a favorite face he likes to wear.
>>
I remember when Chameleon was rumored for "Spider-Man 3" and leaks said that Topher Grace and Thomas Haden Church would both be playing him. Always liked the concept of multiple actors.
>>
>>94669872
>Sony still thinks Silver & Black will happen even though Venom is guaranteed to flop
>>
>>94672461
>Why the fuck does anyone think they have the right to disagree with a casting choice? It isn't their movie.

This would be a valid argument if the film was not being made for the express purpose of convincing people to pay money to go see it.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.