[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the two richest ducks in the world are both from Scotland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 36

File: gg inc.jpg (80KB, 440x411px) Image search: [Google]
gg inc.jpg
80KB, 440x411px
>the two richest ducks in the world are both from Scotland

Dang what are the odds?
>>
File: adam-smith-9486480-1-402.jpg (234KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
adam-smith-9486480-1-402.jpg
234KB, 1200x1200px
>>94666085
The Scots are a frugal people.
>>
>>94666085
They could have made him south african again, but there's more potential for lowest common denominator jokes with a kilt-wearing borderline self aware generic villain
>>
>>94666085

>Glomgold
>from Scotland
>>
>>94666085
Glomgold is from South Afirca.
>>
>>94666124
Back when I was younger, I mostly heard about "Scot being cheap" jokes. But now, in all of those joke, they have been replaced by Jews. What happened?
>>
>>94666125
He is a poser. In the cartoon, he isn't really Jewish.
>>
>>94666085
reminder that scrooge is supposed to both represent an adventure capitalist and a migrant who achieved the american dream so both /pol/ and tumblr should hate him
>>
>>94666085
He's South-African, he's just trying SO hard to one-up Scrooge he's pretending to be Scotish himself.

He said so himself, take an idea, and make it better, faster, and more efficient than the old.
>>
>>94666171

/pol/ only hates non-European immigrants.
>>
File: scroogevsflintheart.jpg (36KB, 320x235px) Image search: [Google]
scroogevsflintheart.jpg
36KB, 320x235px
>>94666125
>>94666140
>>94666145
>>94666169
>>94666171
>>94666177

Seriously though; given the available evidence of the writing style, do you think this could actually be a real twist and he could be revealed as just a poser obsessed with Scrooge? That would be a cute way of explaining his over the top design and accent
>>
>>94666125
hes faking being scottish to piss off scrooge
>>
>>94666225
pretty sure the writers confirmed this
>>
>>94666225
>Flintheart Glomgold (Keith Ferguson)
One of Scrooge’s wealthy equals in Duckburg is Scottish showman Flintheart Glomgold, whom Youngberg describes as “this kind of go-go ‘80s billionaire who made all his money from branding and getting his face on every storefront.” Angones says, “Glomgold is bigger, faster, and cheaper. An in-joke we had for him was that originally in the comics, he was South African, and then they made him Scottish in [the original] DuckTales, so we really leaned into that and decided that when Glomgold saw that Scrooge was a Scottish billionaire, he decided to be the cheap knock-off. More Scottish and even richer.”
http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/08/ducktales-exclusive-characters-cast/

No twist, it's literally what they decided. Probably be a joke or two later on about it as well.
>>
>>94666158
Scots became more "white" these past couple decades. Jews have not.

It would be interesting to see if Scottish cheapness was still an idea in the UK, since the distinctions between the Scots and other groups are more pronounced there than ethnic Scots in other places in the Anglosphere.
>>
>>94666255
As a Scotsman I'm in no position to comment on what the rest of the UK thinks of us. That said I don't think we're all that cheap. Now gie us a pound.
>>
>>94666254
Eh. Better than nothing.
>>
File: 1501815679722.png (97KB, 205x222px) Image search: [Google]
1501815679722.png
97KB, 205x222px
>>94666254
>the best trump parody is one too subtle for both /pol/fags or tumblrwhales to get
>>
>>94666275
Everything is a Trump parody if your heart is reddit enough I guess
>>
>>94666275
Maybe that's because Glomgold and Trump have nothing in common.
>>
>>94666275
impossible. /pol/ sees trump in every evil business character which says a lot about what they really think desu
>>
>>94666302
>>>/r/_Trump
>>
>>94666306
this part
>“this kind of go-go ‘80s billionaire who made all his money from branding and getting his face on every storefront.”
is almost a direct reference to Trump
>>
File: Scrooge_confront_Glomgold.jpg (24KB, 309x221px) Image search: [Google]
Scrooge_confront_Glomgold.jpg
24KB, 309x221px
>>94666254
Tons of bigger things about NuDucks to worry about, but that's cheapening the character a bit, honestly.

The proper use of Glomgold is having the line that separates Scrooge and himself to be extremely narrow, but still make a world of a difference. Glomgold is hard-working, driven, and smart just like Scrooge, but also a ruthless asshole and not only in facade
>>
>>94666342
>>>/hm/
>>
>>94666275
To me, Glomgold strikes me more like a even more evil Douglas Reynholm from the IT Crowd.
>>
>>94666158
You started browsing 4chan.
>>
File: b.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
Disney sucks
>>
>>94666255
>It would be interesting to see if Scottish cheapness was still an idea in the UK
It is. We put a Scotsman in charge of our country's finances based solely on the idea that "Scots are good with money". It was not a good idea as he then sold off all the UK's gold reserves at record lows.
Irritatingly, Scot jokes are being replaced by Jew jokes due to the Eternal American's cultural influence.
>>
>>94666225
Even if the writers hadn't outright said that's how it is, the premier hinted at it pretty heavy, with Glomgold going on a rant about kilts completely out of nowhere.

Decades of envying Scrooge have taken a psychological tole on Glomgold. He's so obsessed with becoming a better Scrooge than Scrooge is that he's redesigned his entire identity around that goal.

He probably tried to get his name legally changed to Shmooge ShmcDuck.
>>
>>94666085
They could have gotten Peter Capaldi for this, but no, better waste those coins on two idiots from SNL.
>>
File: flinty.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
flinty.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>94666367
This.

Barks' Glomgold was initially more of just a straight-up $crooge clone, rather than the "cheaper, evil reflection" that he was subsequently characterized as. Their frugal personalities and fortunes were virtually identical, to the point where they had to determine who was the richest duck just by how much loose string they had on hand. It would've been much nicer to at least see him as equally competent as McDuck first, only before slowly being compelled towards criminal desperacy when his rival starts winning out with the advantage of family. At the heart of his character, that's basically the one definitive difference between them; $crooge, even in his old age, was still able to put aside his pride and reconnect with his family, while Flintheart would rather remain bitter and miserably alone, only to burden himself with the occasional disposable henchmen on his own adventures.

I mean, I can understand their obligation to adapt the DuckTales Glomgold instead of treating the comics like the only source material worth acknowledging, I just hope the compromise they made with him evens out a little more in his future appearances. They really downplayed his credibility as a threatening/compelling antagonist.
>>
>>94667207
>with Glomgold going on a rant about kilts completely out of nowhere.

The "I'm wearing a freaking kilt" or whatever? "Hilarious" self-aware dialogue is sadly a staple of modern writing.
When S̶o̶o̶s̶ McQuack went "Yes sir, random kid I've just met" I actually groaned; the show had been doing ok until then, but once the writers start cramming that crap in there the whole thing just snowballs. Because while it's a quick and dirty formula for audience complicity, it's also a cheap proxy for actual comedy writing. I really hope they manage to keep it in check.
>>
I wasn't on for the talkback thread, what did everyone think of the premiere?
>>
>>94667340
Isn't McQuack supposed to be completely retarded? He was pretty much retarded in the Darkwing episode I watched earlier.
>>
>>94666524
>Scot jokes are being replaced by Jew jokes due to the Eternal American's cultural influence.
Oddly enough Americans used to make cheap Scot jokes as well. FDR joked how pissed his Scotch terrier was about his supposed use of taxpayer money.

>You know, Fala is Scotch, and being a Scottie, as soon as he learned that the Republican fiction writers in Congress and out had concocted a story that I'd left him behind on an Aleutian island and had sent a destroyer back to find him—at a cost to the taxpayers of two or three, or eight or twenty million dollars—his Scotch soul was furious. He has not been the same dog since.
>>
>>94667340
>The "I'm wearing a freaking kilt" or whatever? "Hilarious" self-aware dialogue is sadly a staple of modern writing.

I didn't see it as a self-ware moment for him. Just the opposite, actually. It shows how much he's blind to what he's become. He's tied so much of his self-worth to this rivalry that he doesn't even know who he is without it. Without Scrooge to compete against, Glomgold would have no identity.
>>
File: tot02.jpg (261KB, 1216x437px) Image search: [Google]
tot02.jpg
261KB, 1216x437px
>>94667297
The saddest part is that it's not only about the Glomgold character himself; the original Barksian Flinty was critical to define Scrooge's own character as well. It's virtually pointless to draw comparisons between them in this show (or really, in the original cartoon either) beyond the most shallow and meaningless details.

But anyway, animated Scrooge is less grey-area'd as the one from the comics, so I guess it's not that big a deal.
>>
>>94666158
Consider that the jewish stereotypes of being miserly predate your parents. Think about the origin of the Scrooge name in literature with Dickens or Shakespeare's infamous miser.

Post WW2, after the ADL and big media company conslidation in media, it became completely unacceptable in public to portray jewish people as misers.

>>94666255
Your premise is only half true. The idea of how racism works didn't exist until fairly recently. The word itself is a communist critique pushing internationalisim.

>It would be interesting to see if Scottish cheapness was still an idea in the UK, since the distinctions between the Scots and other groups are more pronounced there than ethnic Scots in other places in the Anglosphere.

Yes. It orbits around a combination of being poor, practical, and provincial. The old scottish stereotypes are about being rural outdoorsmen, with no time or money for high street extravagance..

>>94666125
I would bet that Disney doesn't want to mention South Africa at all.
>>
>>94667543
>I would bet that Disney doesn't want to mention South Africa at all.
Only because the notion of a territorial division smaller than a full continent outside their own confuses most americans. "Scotland" or "The Moon" connect as classic stock fictional places for them, so they work anyway.
>>
File: le happy robot.jpg (10KB, 185x255px) Image search: [Google]
le happy robot.jpg
10KB, 185x255px
merely a coincidence lad
>>
>>94666125
>They could have made him south african again
Yeah, that'll go over REAL well in the modern political climate.
>>
>>94667780
>#GLOMGOLDMUSTFALL
>>
>>94667780
Segregation is over, in Africa.
>>
>>94667216
I would've preferred JB Blanc.
> YWN hear Blisk pretending to be scottish
>>
>>94667621
Or Glomgold could be ANY non-Scottish nationality. The point is he isn't a Scott and LARPs as one because of an inferiority complex.

Make him a Kiwi, and I don't just mean someone from New Zealand.
>>
>>94666254

Isn't that how Trump got rich? I mean , he was born into wealth, but he got richer by leasing land with the stipulation his name had to be on it.
>>
>>94667780
He is South African though. He's just pretending to be Scottish >>94666254

Why do you think he started ranting about wearing a kilt?
>>
>>94667543
You mean the Miser who's whole point is, "I'm as human as you fucks, and if I wasn't a jew you noble bravos wouldn't think TWICE about me wanting revenge for being wronged. We're in a fucking italian city-state run by merchants wrapped in gold chains and you're calling ME greedy? I'm YOU."

Shylock's a legitimately groundbreaking character especially when you take his existence in contrast to how Jews were portrayed by other authors and public sentiment at the time.
>>
IIRC, in the 18th and 19th century their were a handful of Scottish wealth men that burst onto the London scene and became quite big celebrities and really shocked the English Old Money crowd. They sort of became celebrities among the public as well, sort of the British versions of the American Robber Barons.

I don't know if there's a connection though. Obviously Scrooge McDuck comes from the Ebenezer Scrooge character, and while there are a few possible Scottish inspirations for Dickens' character, none of them are the famous Scot New Money figures.
>>
>>94668502
>Scot New Money figures.
It's probabably not just inspirations for Ebenezer Scrooge to use as a basis for McDuck. I think Andrew Carnegie might've been an inspiration.
>>
>>94666124
They are also one of the poorest people in Europe.
>>
>>94666085
Why not just make him Jewish, he acts like it well enough
>>
>>94666255
>Scots became more "white" these past couple decades.
Not really, they just had movies made of them starring Mel Gibson. They are still not white to majority of the world.
>>
File: rockerduck.jpg (18KB, 231x219px) Image search: [Google]
rockerduck.jpg
18KB, 231x219px
I wonder if they'll give us John D. Rockerduck
I think that would be the first time he'd have an appearance outside of the comics
>>
>>94667848
That makes Trump more like the lesser known Duckafeller character who was one of Scrooge's rivals in the comics. he was, IIRC basically a big fat baby who got all od his daddy's wealth and status and used it for his own gains.
>>
>>94669020
>>94669078
...Whoops. That guy. I had no idea how to spell it, sorry.
>>
>>94669000
How are these pasty fucks not white enough?
Is it the accent?
>>
>>94667340
>Because while it's a quick and dirty formula for audience complicity, it's also a cheap proxy for actual comedy writing.
Sometimes I feel like I'm being an elitist for letting shit like this bother me. It's just a cartoon, and a couple of instances is okay, but it can't go unchecked. It's such a lazy way to approximate humor, and it's a shame that it works so often.

>>94667505
I think you're giving them too much credit.
>>
>>94669020
Already confirmed for season 1. Rockerduck Estates even appear on the Duckburgh map.
>>
File: 1502665738160.jpg (492KB, 775x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1502665738160.jpg
492KB, 775x1000px
>>94667780
You don't actually know what you mean by this. People don't even shy away from having African black people be major villains, why would an African white guy be a problem all of a sudden?
>>
>>94667340
It's not a proxy for comedy writing, it's just a different kind of comedy writing. You might not like it, but it's the truth.
>>
>>94666342
It's called "The_Donald" and every dissenting voice and bad event is a false flag planted by Soros.
>>
>>94669105
Physically they do not at all look like white people and they certainly never once act like them. Their culture is shit.
>>
File: 1502683386269.png (773KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1502683386269.png
773KB, 2048x1536px
Do you fuckers have to bring Trump into everything? Jesus.
>>
>>94668990
see>>94666158
>>
>>94666158
Political correctness.
>>
File: micmacjampudding.gif (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
micmacjampudding.gif
15KB, 200x200px
>>94666158
It's still a thing in Belgium, although we say the same thing about the Dutch. Some Scottish students I met a few months ago mentioned being aware of the stereotype as well. Pic related, Mic Mac Jampudding, a Scottish character from a Belgian childrens comicbook who is basically Scrooge McDuck.
>>
File: No_Irish.jpg (81KB, 1066x545px) Image search: [Google]
No_Irish.jpg
81KB, 1066x545px
>>94666196
/pol/ hates everything.
>>94669105
They're basically Irish anyway
>>
>>94669689
This, they are essentially the half-niggers of Europe
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>94669020
>>94667848
Now I want a broey silicon valley billionaire duck character to round it all off.
>>
>>94669555
you think Changing "scots are cheap" jokes to "Jews are cheap" jokes is due to political correctness? I don't think you understand how political correctness work, anon.
>>
File: Bill Jobs.jpg (232KB, 2700x2700px) Image search: [Google]
Bill Jobs.jpg
232KB, 2700x2700px
>>94669788
>>
>>94669928
that's a pigeon
>>
>>94669947
A grey parrot would make the most sense, intelligent tech guy and all. I think they said he wasn't that, though.
>>
>>94669317
We're just noting some obvious parallels with the businessman archetype that he purposefully made himself represent, that's not a problem.
>>
>>94667887
>especially when you take his existence in contrast to how Jews were portrayed by other authors and public sentiment at the time.

Historical context is a triviality when it comes to mining the riches of oppression.
>>
>>94669928
Guess it was kind of an obvious thing to do. Too bad it's not a duck, though.
>>
>>94669105
'White' just means 'muh anglo saxon' to some folk. Honestly that restricted view is a load of nonsense as the term 'white' only really has any proper use in a colonial context to distinguish that you are 'european descent' vs being of native descent (a good portion of hispanics, though white hispanics do exist) being asian descent or being african descent.

It's basically a term used by Americans to say 'we recognize you as a fellow in this grand colonial project'. Granted there have been long periods where Germans, Irish, or Italians were the new kid on the block and causing issues for the established collonists so they were regarded as 'not white' until they were integrated. The fact that the anglos never cease loving to shit over their immediate neighbors the Irish helped there too (particularly since they ran Ireland as backyard colony of England for the longest time.)

It's similar to the ancient usage of the term 'Roman' now I think.
>>
Copper wire was invented in Scotland by two Glaswegians fighting over a penny.
>>
>>94667887

The funny thing about Shylock is up until that point the audience is 150% against him and he didn't even do anything wrong. He told the dumb fuck the exact terms of the load outright. It's not like it was some kind of secret clause that got sprung on him. Then some dumb bitch just declares herself the judge and fucks him over anyway.
>>
>>94670283
And then there is this would distinction between UK citizens and "continental" people.
>>
File: Literally Niggers.jpg (287KB, 1024x729px) Image search: [Google]
Literally Niggers.jpg
287KB, 1024x729px
>>94670283
For some reason Italians aren't white despite laying the foundations for western civilization, the Irish aren't white despite doing the most to preserve the knowledge of Rome through scholarly monasticism, and Slavs aren't white despite being the first and last line of defense against various Muslim Caliphates for the last 1,000 years or so.
>>94670370
Who does this one better, Billy Connolly or Craig Ferguson?
>>
>>94670490

Don't forget that Nords are white despite being barbarians for the majority of the time the other non-whites were building up white civilization.
>>
>>94670283
http://www.dialoginternational.com/dialog_international/2008/02/ben-franklin-on.html
It's funny, Benjamin Franklin himself was very specific about who was white and who wasn't.
>Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.
>>
>>94670490
>Who does this one better, Billy Connolly or Craig Ferguson?
Depends on whether it's a quick gag or more of a story. The big yin is the GOAT storyteller.
>>
File: 1490442225543.png (355KB, 600x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1490442225543.png
355KB, 600x2880px
>mfw spics try to tell me I'm not white
Get fucked
>>
File: IMG_1327.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
>>94666085
How do they say "OY VEY! MY SHEKELS!" in Scotland?
>>
>>94670490
>That filename
>That pic

You made yourself a dangerous foe.
>>
File: Dave.jpg (20KB, 325x388px) Image search: [Google]
Dave.jpg
20KB, 325x388px
>>94670540
>Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion
I can only assume he'd met some Northern Italian claiming to be Swiss and misunderstanding.
>>
File: 1445695675422.jpg (28KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1445695675422.jpg
28KB, 600x602px
>>94669928
>Billjobs
>>
File: hussar.jpg (1MB, 1920x1112px) Image search: [Google]
hussar.jpg
1MB, 1920x1112px
>>94670556
>Pointy ears on the Arab
The first time I noticed that on an actual person I near pissed myself.
>>94670597
Irony friend
>>
File: Billjob.png (127KB, 396x274px) Image search: [Google]
Billjob.png
127KB, 396x274px
>>94670649
>>
>>94670662
It took me way too long to realise he wasn't riding a bear.
>>
>>94669805
It seems you're the one who doesn't understand. The politically correct SJW crowd considers Jews to be the ultimate privileged whitey.
>>
>>94666158
Globalisation and the unrivaled strength of American culture.

Even our local stereotypes are being replaced by American ones.
>>
>>94670594
>[incoherent Scottish screaming]
>>
>>94666085
Can we agree that the new DuckTales is awful and has completely ruined Barks and Rosa's work?
>>
>>94670628

People have been arguing tooth and nail over who gets to be white since time immemorial. In Franklin's time the English were white but the Irish and the Scots were not. Hell some of the first slaves on this continent were Scots.
>>
>>94670594
I don't know you tell me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le_uNGdpa4c
>>
>>94670743

I can't really agree with that. It's okay. It's not nearly as good as the comics but it's not intended to be as good as those. It's meant to be a kids show that doesn't make parents want to commit suicide which is does reasonably well. It's got some ham-handed shit in it but it's not so bad that I can't watch it.
>>
>>94670696
>The politically correct SJW crowd considers Jews to be the ultimate privileged whitey.
I think I am ready to bet my next month deposit that they are not.
>>
>>94670752
The fact that the English and their off-casts have been deeming themselves the only whites is nothing new. Claiming that Swedes are more swarthy than Englishmen is just silly, however. He really can't have met any of them if that's the basis he chooses to exclude them on.
>>
>>94670802
So that's why I can't understand a thing donald is saying.
>>
>>94670740
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/1/1b/Demoman_paincrticialdeath02.wav?t=20121024000859
>>
>>94670827
Haven't been watching the news?

Two recent examples:

https://www.algemeiner.com/2017/07/10/award-winning-journalist-who-broke-story-of-jewish-women-barred-from-chicago-dyke-march-removed-from-reporting-duties/
http://www.eatler.de/2017/07/21/bookstore-berlin-coffee-restaurants/
>>
>>94670696
>the only white people who get discrimination points
>considered the ultimate privileged whitey
How the fuck can you possibly have this perception of the world? Are the SJWs such a meaningless buzzword to you that you can't even keep their motivations straight?
>>
>>94670823
t. Mouseketeer
>>
>>94666275
Probably is again but I think the comics already had an actual Trump parody before any of the politics shit. Trump was just a funny blowhard/dumbshit to make fun of back then because he embodied everything that was "tacky" and the whole of his job was just being a mascot and brand name so in the 80s he was everything that was funny about capitialism. The old Scrooge comics made fun of these sort of people and compared them unfavorably to Scrooge (who came from nothing and worked for all his wealth) all the time.
>>
>>94669189

>African white guy

That alone would cause riots. People are retarded in the age of identity politics, anon. White can't be Africans, that's the narrative nowadays.
>>
>>94670540
doesn't swarthy mean brown-ish and hairy?
>>
[[[scotland]]]
>>
>>94671057
Isn't Klaw having a big role in the Black Panther movie?
>>
>>94671106
It comes from old or middle English for "black". It can mean a lot of things, from just dark hair to tanned skin to Mediterranean skin.
>>
So how does this universe work?

Is Duckburg in America? Is there Mouseburg? Is Mickie even in this universe?
>>
>>94671144
so, it's short for 'ambiguously brown'
>>
>>94671057
>That alone would cause riots.
No, it wouldn't. Everyone know about South Africa.
>>
>>94671057
>that's the narrative nowadays.
It isn't.
>>
>>94671191
Not necessarily. All you have to do is have black hair and you can be described as swarthy, even if your skin is really no darker than the next man who spends time in the sun.
>>
>>94671156
Yes. Its across the bridge from St.Canard.

Mouseberg was not mentioned so this may well be a Disney Afternoon only universe.

Which is kinda cool.
>>
I didnt read this thread i just came in here to say I really wanna fuck the two scottish ducklets that glomgold has on hand. Jesus christ .
>>
File: delicious brown.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
delicious brown.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>94671241
>>
>>94671057
>making up your own narratives to rebele against
Stop being retarded. People MIGHT look twice if you make a white african a hero but literally no-one(except maybe /pol/) would object to a white african villain, because people haven't forgotten South Africa.
>>
>>94671234
When I was a kid I always vaguely thought Duckberg was like New York City and St. Canard was on the opposite coast like San Francisco or LA for some reason. No idea why.
>>
>>94671266

It's not about heroes or villains. It's about anyone who is not coal black claiming to be from Africa.

People protested the main actress from The Mummy because she 'wasn't black enough' even though she was Egyptian. Millennials are retarded, anon.
>>
File: NeverFuckWithMcDuck.png (53KB, 565x283px) Image search: [Google]
NeverFuckWithMcDuck.png
53KB, 565x283px
>>94666085
>mfw Ducktalesfags think they knows anything about the expanded duckverse

He's from Africa, because Carl Barks wasn't a hack.
>>
File: so hard.png (38KB, 246x232px) Image search: [Google]
so hard.png
38KB, 246x232px
>>94671254
>Theres actually four of them
>>
>>94671234
>>94671279
Duckberg = Gotham/NYC
St. Canard = Bludhaven/Newark ?
>>
>>94669555
>if you switch the target of racism that's political correctness!

Go sniff some more industrial paints, you braindead faggot.
>>
>>94670893

Holy shit, that story was so fucked up.

>"Progressive" "intersectional" activists kick gay Jews out because it triggers Muslim fundementalists who would have all homosexuals executed if they could
>People point out how terrible that behavior is
>SJWs scream that they're hurt and offended at being called out for their anti-Semitism
>Demand people give them money to go on a vaction after their hard work rounding up Jews and expelling them
>Actually get lots of money from mysterious sources, go to the beach and celebrate their successful pogrom

>Star reporter has broken major stories, righted injustices, even saved lives
>breaks a story about blatant anti-Semitism in the SJW community
>promptly taken off the beat and put in the most demeaning job possible

So much for jounalistic integrity.
This is a warning, it lets other journalists know to never report on anti-Semitism or they'll lose their jobs too.
Which means it'll only ever get reported on in places like Breitbart
>>
>>94671404

What's Cape Suzette? Also I really want to see Cape Suzette in this universe.
>>
File: earthpantherwhite2.jpg (24KB, 181x301px) Image search: [Google]
earthpantherwhite2.jpg
24KB, 181x301px
>>94671057
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/earthpantherwhite.htm
>>
>>94671455
>because it triggers Muslim fundementalists
Uh, no. Not muslim fundie, Palestinians. It's not a religious thing. Flag was rejected because the Israel falag tend to be used to proclaim palestians should be kicked out of their territories so it can become an "united Israel" Former occupants, be damned.

Even if you disagree with that, there is also the notion that the Gay flag is international and shouldn't carry nationalist symbol, no matter which.

That being said, that journalist shouldn't be kicked out for reporting that story.
>>
>>94671476
Wish I knew. San Francisco, maybe? Some city in Hawaii or Guam?
>>
>>94671502
I might be mistaken, but weren't there at some point a Wakanda Backstory telling how Wakandans were actually white, but they decided to all switch to black using wakanda technology, in admiration to the Afro-americans who fought for their civil rights during segregation, as an homage to their courage.

I don't know if this is true, I only read about it once on /co/ several years ago.
>>
>>94671476
Since it's a cartoon version of Tales of the Gold Monkey it should be somewhere in the South Pacific. Obviously there's no city actually like it.
>>
>>94671455
Oy, I left out the worst part.

>SJWs tweet bragging about how they're gleefully bathing in "Zio-shill tears"
>people point out that "Zio-shills" is a term David Duke uses
>OH, sorry, we meant "Zionist shills"
as if that somehow makes it better.

The fact that for a lot of SJWs, the "Zio-shills" line was the only part of this whole fiasco they objected to says a lot.
>>
>>94671749

Its stupid vs stupid with money funding both sides coming from the same source
>>
>>94671783
Soros?

He just likes to watch them fight?
>>
>>94671546
It was a fucking rainbow israeli flag. Just like the rainbow american flags waved around.

And it was the same protestors who insist that the rainbow flag be replaced with one with black and brown stripes at the top.
>>
>>94671546
>Flag was rejected because the Israel falag tend to be used to proclaim palestians should be kicked out of their territories so it can become an "united Israel"

That's an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory, a blatant lie that the two blue stripes in the flag represent the Tigris and Euphrates. That's the sort of bullshit Swarmfags on /pol/ spout. Those stripes weren't even on the flag, since it's a rainbow pride flag, just with a white Star of David on it.
Meanwhile, the SJWs chant "Palestine will be free from the river to the sea", literally calling for Jewish genocide.

>Even if you disagree with that, there is also the notion that the Gay flag is international and shouldn't carry nationalist symbol, no matter which.
A uniform rule like that would be fine, but instead of that, they only kicked out flags with the Jewish star. By contrast, they allowed marchers with pride flags featuring symbols of Mulsim countires that execute homosexuals. (And one of the gay Muslim women who carried one of those flags loudly objected to the hypocricy, wondering if she'd get kicked out for her flag next.)

>That being said, that journalist shouldn't be kicked out for reporting that story.

Yeah, that part is especially chilling. These people have some serious institutional power, to be able to ruin her life like that for doing her job.
>>
It's only a matter of time before the right and the left unite over their mutual anti-semitism and resurrect Hitler's brain
>>
>>94671984
>By contrast, they allowed marchers with pride flags featuring symbols of Mulsim countires that execute homosexuals.
I kinda see the distinction of symbolism, there though, as it's more an act of defiance toward the established rules of their country rather than a support of their policies.
Although, Orthodox Jew in Israel haven't the kindest words for their gay population either.
>>
>>94671984
>These people have some serious institutional power
It's called mob-rule and no-spine combo. you don't need more than that, honestly. No need to have someone pulling the thread from behind to have this kind of result.
>>
>>94671455
>>Actually get lots of money from mysterious sources, go to the beach and celebrate their successful pogrom
>This is a warning, it lets other journalists know to never report on anti-Semitism or they'll lose their jobs too.
>>94671984
>Yeah, that part is especially chilling. These people have some serious institutional power, to be able to ruin her life like that for doing her job.
It's really weird to see a conspiracy of this kind expressed on 4chan that literally can not be blamed on the Jews or Israel. Then Again, /pol/ might still be up to the challenge.
>>
>>94671649
Since the triplets intended to quickly take the boat for a short trip before Donald returns, it cannot be too far away from Duckburg.
>>
>>94666158
>Back when I was younger, I mostly heard about "Scot being cheap" jokes. But now, in all of those joke, they have been replaced by Jews. What happened?

Before WWII the jokes were about both Jews and Scots, and in the case of Jews, they directly reflected anti-Jewish bigotry, the same kind that led to the Holocaust and so on.

After WWII it became tasteless to make the jokes about Jews, because many saw them as leading to the Nazis' anti-Jewish actions.

South Park, Family Guy, Borat, and Drawn Together began making the jokes about Jews again. Often Jews were the writers, using the jokes ironically in an attempt to make fun of bigots.

It backfired, and then /pol/, and now we're all Cartman apparently.
>>
>>94666341
>/pol/ sees trump in every evil business character which says a lot about what they really think desu

They like the idea of being evil for shits and giggles. Way to go.
>>
>>94671984
>Meanwhile, the SJWs chant "Palestine will be free from the river to the sea", literally calling for Jewish genocide.
Pretty sure that's calling for Israel to stop occupying the Palestinian people.
Oh whatever you already equated Israeli critics with Nazis, fuck off.
>>
File: 1466851106197.jpg (118KB, 501x684px) Image search: [Google]
1466851106197.jpg
118KB, 501x684px
>>94666158
It's actually the Irish you have to watch out for
The fact that you aren't means their plan is working
>>
>>94672286

Trump really does seem like a flesh and blood version of every cartoonish caricature of a corrupt corporate fatcat ever made.
>>
File: Now I know what you're thinkin'!.jpg (102KB, 1275x713px) Image search: [Google]
Now I know what you're thinkin'!.jpg
102KB, 1275x713px
>>94666085
Fun fact: Glom is a literal "no true Scotsman". He's actually Boer, a South African guy of Dutch descent. He only pretends to be a Scotsman so he "out-Scot" Scrooge. It's why he always wears a kilt and surrounds himself with sexy Scottish chicks playing bagpipes.
>>
File: 0.png (31KB, 256x324px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
31KB, 256x324px
>>94672290
Not him, but the river in "From the river to the see" refer to the Jordan River. so yeah, it's a chant for the end of the Israel State.

>Oh whatever you already equated Israeli critics with Nazis, fuck off.
If you are referring to
>>94671749
>>SJWs tweet bragging about how they're gleefully bathing in "Zio-shill tears"
>>people point out that "Zio-shills" is a term David Duke uses
>>OH, sorry, we meant "Zionist shills"
He is on point. They used term specifically coined by a white supremacist, so, it's a fair call.

I mean, it shouldn't need to be said, but this is an issue where it is important to not go extreme one side or an other.
>>
>>94669000
What are you smoking, son? Literally not a single person outsite 4chan thinks Scottish people aren't white.
>>
>>94672191
/pol/ will just blame Soros, and then use collective guilt to blame all Jews for his actions.

This despite the fact that Soros is a LITERAL kapo.
>>
>>94672290
"Driving the Jews into the sea" has long been the Arab chant for the total eradication of Israel and it's population.
>>
>>94666085
He's South African.
>>
>>94673890
He's South African pretending to be Scottish because he's autistic about Scrooge. See >>94666254
>>
>>94666085
He's not. He's a Boer that pretends to be Scottish to one up Scrooge
>>
>>94666085
He's a South African impostor Scot.
>>
>>94672395
>>94672828
>Politics in a thread about Flintheart Glomgold
HOW ABOUT FUCKING NOT
>>
File: le unhappy irishman.png (47KB, 241x319px) Image search: [Google]
le unhappy irishman.png
47KB, 241x319px
>>94672303
Begorah! The sassenachs know!
>>
>>94666275
>>94667848
>>94666306

Donald Trump's grandfather got rich running a saloon in Whitehorse, Yukon during the gold rush, the exact same mining town where Scrooge made his first million at the same time.

The more you know.
>>
>>94670437
Yeah like I'd hardly call him a hero, but that's sort of the point. If he were a proper italian bravo no one'd think TWICE about him getting the revenge he deserved.
>>
>>94669928
>Mr. McDuck, I'm CIA
>>
>>94667340
I wasn't super bothered about the ""random kid I just met" bit because it kinda made sense. The audience is already treating these characters like the established family they came to be in the original series, and they're trying to "reset" the canon so to speak. So having launchpad actually acknowledge that they're being forced together makes sense that they point it out for comedy.

Scrooge not having a second to hire a real sub pilot wasn't really addressed and launchpad being super nice and volunteering were fine.

Shit like him randomly speaking swedish, the snake venom wearing off at some point and the total lack of comeuppance for webby lying to her granny however. were just lazy writing.
>>
>>94671254
I know this was only a scene for a second but the copy/paste flip of those two girls is almost as lazy as the background.
>>
>>94675736
>the total lack of comeuppance for webby lying to her granny
This is the only thing I don't understand.
What's the problem with Mrs. Beakley not punishing Webby? Pretending that the kid is always punished for any wrong is some Hays Code bullshit. Besides, the girl survived fucking Atlantis and the aunt is an expert fighter at the service of a retired treasure hunter, you can expect some leniency.
>>
>>94671254
>>94666254
So he's the cultural appropriation villain?
>>
File: Flairsou.png (49KB, 283x375px) Image search: [Google]
Flairsou.png
49KB, 283x375px
Step aside Glommy
>>
>>94675863
>kid lies, runs off
>you know she's gonna be fine so you don't worry
>you should still at least YELL at them so they don't think lying is okay.

It's just a basic character arc. This thing called the karmic scale which is used in storytelling. If you reward characters for "bad" actions it makes them less likeable.

The only problem with webby not getting chewed out is that it'll make webby less likeable over time. See Mabel and the Unicorn, where it looked like she was finally going to get called on her shit, but didn't and the fanbase immediately disowned her for good after several close calls involving instances where she SHOULD have paid a karmic price and didn't.

You gotta teach consequences starting with soft ones. Right? Tell her off for lying rather than have her come home missing an arm because she didn't understand consequences because you never told her off as a kid.
>>
>>94668977
Which is why they are frugal: all the rich ones leave.

Only ones that don't are so full of Scottish Pride, they shit haggis like Sean Connery.
>>
File: 4duck1.gif (20KB, 446x319px) Image search: [Google]
4duck1.gif
20KB, 446x319px
Will the time traveling Phooey ever show up?
>>
>>94675983
You're exaggerating, we still have to see Webby get some real character development. With such a brash attitude I'm pretty sure she's going to get as much in trouble as the other, and unlike Mabel, she's wasn't made to be the cute charming one, which is what ultimately led to her being obnoxious.
>>
>>94669689
>>94669726
The fuck is wrong with Irish people? They've been there longer than the Anglo-Saxons!
>>
>>94671057
>What is District 9, Starring an Afrikaans dude and his Crustacean Alien buddy.
>>
>>94676076
I hope we do see her get some character development. The pilot was very fast moving so I can forgive the fact that a bunch of the cast didn't get much time and I really hope that webb does get some development. But that calling home was such a runner through the episode I assumed it was leading somewhere, and it was just an excuse to have a couple of not very imaginative gags, which was disappointing.

Considering we don't know much about beakley apart from the fact she isn't a secretary I was hoping we'd at least see some character. But "don't worry that you lied, because I knew you lied" isn't great? At least tell her off or give her a fake punishment like "you have to show the boys around the mansion" or something, y'know? And it's not a great lesson for kids, lying and then being forgiven is fine if you learned something, but it doesn't sound like webby learned anything. It sounds like beakley doesn't give a shit because she's with scrooge.

Now on the other hand, if the next episode gives us a flashback to beakley watching them leave or somehow setting it up so webby gets to go with the boys, that will be great. Having her encourage webby to go adventuring while pretending to be a stern parent would be great, and give her an excuse not to be upset about being blatantly (albeit badly) lied to be her charge.
>>
>>94676412
>webb
>>
>>94669928
>Bill Jobs
His name is Mark Beaks.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/08/ducktales-exclusive-characters-cast/
>>
>>94676412
>Considering we don't know much about beakley apart from the fact she isn't a secretary I was hoping we'd at least see some character.
We know she's trans
>>
>>94677939
It's not catching on my dude.
>>
>>94676412
I feel like Webby still learned that she doesn't actually need to lie, because she also learned her granny isn't the overbearing authority figure she seemed to be.

What I also kinda liked about that moment is that it did give us a little more insight into Beakly
>You're safer with Scrooge McDuck than you are locked in a vault at Fort Knox
Some people were complaining how she didn't seem to have much respect for Scrooge, but I think this actually speaks of a pretty strong mutual respect - The kind where she can get away with shit talking him where others wouldn't.
>>
>>94671646
no you retard
>>
File: Team_Rocket_Furret_Adventures.png (50KB, 277x390px) Image search: [Google]
Team_Rocket_Furret_Adventures.png
50KB, 277x390px
>>94676048
>tfw Phooey will never be a clone hybrid of the triplets
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.