[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Nova Empire discovers a galactic wormhole to the Milky Way,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Nova_Corps_Headquarters.png (1MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Nova_Corps_Headquarters.png
1MB, 1920x800px
The Nova Empire discovers a galactic wormhole to the Milky Way, and like any hegemonic empire, starts pressuring Earth to join as a new border territory through selling advanced technology and capitalism to major supporting powers.

How do they fare?
>>
In the current MCU or in real life?
>>
>>94654596
>real life
>extraterrestrial life existing outside of exotic plants

pick one
>>
>>94653537
How do they fare?
About average. And that's because they've got the high ground- more planets, higher level everything, supertech, etc etc. What would China do with a Xandar science library? What would DisneyCorp do with another planet's 50 year tv archive? Opening a trade route to a science-fictiony planet could turn this world into a paradise. Robot maids, robot labour, immortality medicine, we'll buy it all with big grins. And then buy another just to take apart and film on youtube.
And then there's the idiots. The tattooed, backwards hat hillbillies. There is no low too low for stupid humans. "magic" crystals, holistic healing, communing with the forces of the cosmos- and I don't even want to think about the stuff that idiots would try to get high from. What would they do to their offroad 4x4s? I'm not even going to touch the cyberpunk topic.
And what would the rich do? Is there a really cheap planet we can have moved over to the Sol system? There's going to be SOMEthing that SOMEone wants to get rid of, and we'd be quite happy to take it off their hands. And then send a crew to turn it into something else.
A border territory? Sure, we'd sign a non-aggression treaty. I wouldn't make bets that their legalese can stand up to our legalese, though. Troops moving through our system would still need food, drink, information packets, books, entertainment, etc etc. If there's money to be made, we'd sign up.
>>
>selling capitalism

that's some advanced semitism right there
>>
>>94654860
you honestly believe there are no non plant extraterrestrials?
>>
>>94657774
They would've had to find us or at least just throe something out there about now.
>>
>>94657839
why would they? Are you assuming they're like us and give a shit?
>>
>>94657839
It's too bad the marvel movies won't throw in a few walk-ons like the Dire Wraiths.
I wonder what a Dire Wrath scrap sale would be like? One of those "send a junkyard to some dirt eating savages and charge them a million dollars in corn or something."
>>
File: i dont even.jpg (11KB, 356x275px) Image search: [Google]
i dont even.jpg
11KB, 356x275px
>>94653537

>galactic wormhole to the Milky Way

Why would the Nova Empire need a wormhole to their own galaxy?
>>
>>94657839
Bull.

Considering the size of the universe as we know it - which is likely just a small bite of the actual universe - there is no way other complex, sapient lifeforms like us do not exist anywhere else.
>>
>>94658679
Because they live in the andromeda galaxy.
>>
>>94657839
google the 'drake equation' many of the actual numbers thrown around in it are debatable but the actual equation is sound.
>>
The heroes would fight them back, and Earth will continue to operate like the real world, but with heroes.

I mean, fucking alien life was discovered in the Avengers, and Earth hasn't obsessed over being the only life in the universe anymore is astonishing
>>
>>94657839
>They would've had to
> I believe X therefore it is so
How do you make it through the day without shitting your pants
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.