[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else really dissatisfied with this season? They are putting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 478489489498464.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
478489489498464.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Anyone else really dissatisfied with this season?
They are putting a way too hard emphasis on character development and emotions which already makes this season not feel very "Rick & Morty"-ish but then they try to compensate that with pointless violence and bleak gore. Yeah, like if that was the only trait that made Rick & Morty to what it was

You're going to say there is already a thread up for that, but this thread is exclusively about hating Rick & Morty
>>
>>94646949
who forces you to watch it episode after episode anon? do they also touch your peepee?
>>
I like it. It's not as good as the highlights from the last two seasons, but it's not offensively bad or anything. These writers are new so maybe it will just take a few episodes for them to find their footing.
>>
File: smugmorty.png (167KB, 282x485px) Image search: [Google]
smugmorty.png
167KB, 282x485px
>>94646949
>this thread is exclusively about hating Rick & Morty
as if the others aren't? stop making new threads for it
>>
>>94646949
They had to go somewhere new with it. Sure, to us, it feels like "seasons 1 and 2 were damn short, so let's just have more of the same for 7 more seasons THEN work on making the show feel fresh again" but for them it's as if they're already on season 8, because they do it all themselves. If they didn't get a little creative they'd get bored and quit by now
>>
>>94646949
>Rick and Morty was never about relationships and emotions!
100% incorrect, you're thinking about every piece of pop culture it parodies and deconstructs. Rick and Morty is about how Rick's adventures ruin the lives of everyone around him and what kind of monster it would take to still continue the adventures.
>>
>>94647031
>These writers are new
I'm sure this is common knowledge but I haven't been keeping up. What happened with the old writers? I came here because the new season feels off so I'm curious as to what changed.
>>
>>94646949
>hey are putting a way too hard emphasis on character development and emotions

only on /co/ is this viewed as a bad thing. you fuckers will look for literally anything to bitch about.
>>
This is what happens when you let fans of a popular thing start writing the popular thing.

It's less about what made it popular and more about what they think the characters should do and think and feel and love.
>>
>>94647328

I'm all for getting creating but this just isn't good. It's feels like any other cartoon on television, the concepts of the first season are replaced with cool gadgets and twists and a few tugs on the heartstrings. It's cheap.
>>
>>94648322
old writers only contribute to some of the episodes instead of all because shit was getting stale during season 2. shit still gets screened by the big 2 though
>>
>>94646949
I think the first two seasons just set the bar really high with be funny. Trying to be dramatic sort of falls short because you are expecting comedy.

It feels like I am starting to dislike Rick who really made the show great.

Also I have not seen the Avenger's movies so maybe not being familiar with them makes the episode less enjoyable for me.

I have never watched Star Wars either but I tend to like when cartoons parody the movies, so it might just be something else.
>>
>>94646949
>They are putting a way too hard emphasis on character development and emotions
Textbook 'tism
>>
>>94647857
>>Rick and Morty was never about relationships and emotions!
>100% incorrect
I never said that. My problem is that they are unnecessarily ramping those two things up which is uninteresting, while the rest of what made the show what it is are mindlessly over saturated as a form of cheap compensation.
>>
>>94646949
>muh feels part check
>randum crazy!!! ending check
its the writters
They suck so much that can't into consistency
>>
>Resort to using gore and shock to keep audience entertained for 20 mins
Wow this is not completely lazy writing
>>
I'm happy with how the season is turning out. They are well aware that Rick is an asshole, and have been having some fun episodes while developing the characters.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.