[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any of /co/ follow Eddsworld after 'The End'?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

Does any of /co/ follow Eddsworld after 'The End'?

A decent bit of the new comics are actually pretty great, Tobias Knitt does a great job replicating the style.
>>
>>94639597

I haven't kept up with it that much since Ed died. Are they still doing the cartoons?
>>
File: latest[1].png (332KB, 847x467px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
332KB, 847x467px
>>94639647
Tom began running the show halfway after the production of Space Face with Edd's friend Paul Ter Voorde as the lead animator and a bunch of other animators doing smaller episodes and helping him during the two part finale.

They aren't the same as they used to be, and Tom is kind of a dickhead but Paul's animation is godly.
>>
>>94639597
the way tord was just kind of turned into an asshole villain who didn't give a shit about his friends really kind of burned me. especially since tom said he was supposed to be a representation of edd's cancer.
>>
>>94639844
Wait, Tord came back? What the hell?

Why would Tom cast Tord as literally the thing that killed Edd?
>>
>>94639597
>Does any of /co/ follow Eddsworld
hey look it's that faggot who thinks we still care about this
>>
Fuck Tom, what the fuck was up with those off model episode with the guest fan character?

Anyone have that gif of fat Tom dancing on Edd's grave?
>>
>>94640368
tord himself didn't come back, but his fictional representation did with a new voice actor to be the villain for the two part finale episodes.
>>94640561
>thinks we still care about this
there are at least two or three people here talking.
>>
File: uh okay.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
uh okay.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>94639597
Discovered the show in the period between Edd's death and the new episodes. Even the really old, shitty ones had some charm to them, and everything from like Spares onwards I'd say is genuinely funny stuff.

The newer episodes with Tom at the head of the show were hit and miss. Fundead and Trick or Threat were really good, the rest were okay except Saloonatics which was ASS. The best aspect of the newer stuff was the varying art styles.

Gotta agree with >>94639844 though. I enjoyed the end at first but when I really thought about the implications of Tord's character it kind of disturbed me. Why the fuck would they take a character based on a friend they no longer had contact with, and have him return to be a villain? I also caught myself raising an eyebrow at Tom getting so much plot focus in what's supposed to be his friends' series finale.
>>
File: tenor[1].gif (536KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
tenor[1].gif
536KB, 480x270px
>>94641748
Actually yeah now that you mention it, Edd didn't do or SAY a lot in the end without it being just a light reaction. It was mostly about Tom being fucked over by "Tord".

Holy shit that's awful.
>>
>>94641748
Was saloonatics that bad? I remember liking it.

The whole show gets a lot better when you just try and forget everything about the people behind it, that the characters are based on real people. "The End" Tord is a really cool character but the fact that he's based on a real person who was their friend makes it a bit odd and it's honestly best not to think about it if you really want to enjoy it. Seperate Tord the person from Tord the Red Leader, and all that.
>>
File: lol XD.jpg (82KB, 649x575px) Image search: [Google]
lol XD.jpg
82KB, 649x575px
>>94642158
Honestly I don't know if I should be mad at Tom or sympathetic. That kickstarter campaign for the new episodes was clearly done with all the best intentions possible. But he inadvertently forced himself into this massive project that was too close to home with a personal issue that really affected him. After Edd's death he became a massive depressive, which was pretty much fuelled by the production cycle of Eddsworld Legacy. It all culminated in the finale, where a lot of this seem to seep in (IE dislike of Tord, losing Edd, in his own words "Losing what he and Edd built").

It's pretty fucked. You could probably piece together one hell of a psychological profile for Tom when it comes to his involvement with this show.

But maybe it's best to just disregard it and stick with what >>94642574 is saying.

pictured is shit art I did when I thought about this months back. figured it was relevant.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.